Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 13
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 5:16:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Smokey0844:

I just love how they keep throwing the indictment in your face like it’s gospel or something.
View Quote

A ham sandwich always comes to mind .
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 5:58:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LordsOfDiscipline] [#2]
Originally Posted By Oldgold:

This!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Wildfowler:
Can someone kindly tell me what's going on in the thread that matches the headline?

Does Trump have immunity or not?

I'm not even sure I remember what he supposed to be immune from now?

This!

A decision should be handed down by June.  The arguments within this thread are illustrative and mirror the questioning at the the Supreme Court yesterday; there is one side that believe that there is limited immunity for The Executive and jailing political opponents is lawful - the Justices that are directing questions in this direction are Kagan, Sotomayor and Brown Jackson, all Democrat_appointments.  The other side believes that The Executive has broad immunity with exclusive Constitutional powers and jailing political opponents is unlawful and un American - the Justices that are directing questions in this direction are Roberts, Alito, Gorsuch, Kavanaugh, Coney Barrett and The Great Justice Thomas, all Republican appointees.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 6:08:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dorobuta] [#3]
Originally Posted By Low_Country:

Yes.

But killing foreign enemies in terrorist organizations on foreign soil who have pledged ‘death to America’ ain’t a crime
View Quote

what about those on American soil?

I wish they would go after them like they go after Trump...
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 6:09:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By AZ_Hi_Desert:

His 16 year old son was also killed in a drone strike two weeks later. The Obama administration claimed they were after Ibrahim al-Banna. Al-Banna is still alive to this very day. He was never in the car.

Extra judicial killings of American citizens can never be countenanced. It's prohibited by the 5th Amendment. Try in abstentia if needed, but a bunch of lawyers and intel weenies making the call on killing people cannot be allowed. (edit- killing US citizens shouldn't be allowed like that. Foreign national tangos are fair game)

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Imzadi:

Simple. He was a US citizen and wasn't on the battle field.

His 16 year old son was also killed in a drone strike two weeks later. The Obama administration claimed they were after Ibrahim al-Banna. Al-Banna is still alive to this very day. He was never in the car.

Extra judicial killings of American citizens can never be countenanced. It's prohibited by the 5th Amendment. Try in abstentia if needed, but a bunch of lawyers and intel weenies making the call on killing people cannot be allowed. (edit- killing US citizens shouldn't be allowed like that. Foreign national tangos are fair game)

I see your points and respect your position. But still, I disagree.

So in your mind, joining an international terrorist organization, and leaving your country to help them, is not tantamount to renouncing citizenship? Why not?

A cop has the right to shoot a US citizen, on us soil, in the back, if they are an active threat to society. But the US military doesn't have that right overseas? Why not?
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 6:20:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By CMiller:

Correction--40-60% of Republicans, and if you drill down on the details I suspect the real number of true believers is much less than that.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Missilegeek:
Originally Posted By NavyDoc1:
Originally Posted By Ridgerunner9876:
Originally Posted By Cincinnatus:

The question is, how you can hold a president accountable for potential crimes committed while in office, once they are no longer in office.

No.  The question is: If Rand Paul became President, should he be able to direct his DoJ to prosecute Obama for the extrajudicial killing of Americans in Yemen?

Did Obama act within the law?

Questioning teh outcome of an election is illegal?

He wasn't indicted for questioning the outcome.

Absolutely he was.  They dressed it up as "interference" but he didn't do or say anything different than his opponent in 2016 did when she lost.

Sounds like you, like most people here, haven't actually read the indictment. Here, I'll be nice and help you:

https://apnews.com/trump-election-2020-indictment

https://i.postimg.cc/4x4qnftg/Screenshot-20240425-153118-Chrome.jpg

How much of that did Hillary do?

LOL

Bull shit charges. Asking for legit elections isn't a crime. They're twisting shit, as usual.

You belive J6 was an insurrection too, I assume.

Oh look... another person who hasn't read it but still scoffs at it.

Here's a little more:

https://i.postimg.cc/W1rFFVP5/Screenshot-20240425-155021-Chrome.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/wBQ12kMJ/Screenshot-20240425-155043-Chrome.jpg
Is that "asking for legit elections"?

It says it right there.  His "crime" was to bitch that the election was fraudulant.  That is the entire basis of their "conspiracy" allegations.

You're never going to read it,  are you?  Why can't you just be honest and say you aren't interested in knowing the facts instead of pretending you're making some valid point in this conversation?

I did and it said so in the very screenshot you posted.  "Lying about the election" was right there in black and white.

Slow down and read it again--it says the conspiracies (the actual crimes being charged) were built on the lying.  He didn't get indicted for lying.

That's the whole basis of the "conspiracies" so yes, he is indicted for "lying."

At the heart of the matter, it's a "lie" that somewhere between 40-60% of Americans believe.

Correction--40-60% of Republicans, and if you drill down on the details I suspect the real number of true believers is much less than that.

The polls have varied quite a bit, but the most respectable one, taken at the time to collect more accurate individual opinions, said 52% of voters believe fraud impacted the election... That's a majority of Americans and a significant number of Democrats.

Article

Subsequent polls tend to show somewhat lower. But it's impossible to say exactly why. Perhaps the nonstop Soviet style propaganda messaging from the left/media. Perhaps the polls are deliberately or in deliberately scewed by the pollsters.

Another Rasmussen poll found that 20% of voters admitted to conducting fraud when using mail in ballots.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 9:49:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By IceChimp:

Every Trump pick was at least a minor upgrade to the one they replaced.

Barett is approximately 87 million percent better than Ginsburg so far.
View Quote

Really? Neil Gorsuch replaced Antonin Scalia.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 9:58:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By SteveOak:

View Quote

Isn’t he one that’s been solid?
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:07:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FlashMan-7k] [#8]
Originally Posted By MADMAXXX:
To your Newsletter I wish to subscribe.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MADMAXXX:
Originally Posted By FlashMan-7k:

That's just it.

We don't and never did need pretext.

We don't have to go against the rules. We don't have to break any laws or set any precedents.

All you have to do is stick strictly to the text of the cotus, and the text of the cotus is the meaning of it as written according the grammar and definition from the time of it's writing.  Not one iota less not one iota more courts and cour precedent cannot change this meaning. The courts and their precdent and their interpretation is not the law. The meaning of the text of cotus is. If the courts go against this, they are ruling illegally and should be tried and punished as such by the other branches.

Toss the whole corrupt rotting structure of interpretation that does not follow those rules in the incenrator where it belongs.

Oh, and only amendments that passed according to the rules of amendment in cotus are a part of cotus, so any structure leaning on amendments that did not pass are de jure and defacto illegal and to be tossed in the same incenerator and all contracts and etc. erected by them are null and void because they were null and void at the time of their making.

For an absolute low hanging fruit stater, this means no 14th. Kiss incorporation goodbye along with all it's attendant evils (and the very few goods). Huge jump up in federalism.

Abjectly REFUSE to allow the fedgov to go outside of those rules, and use those rules to give the proper deserved punishment to those who break them.

Let the teenager scream, try and light the curtains on fire, and grab the kitchen knife, it doesn't matter. If they scream you restrain them and duct tape their mouths shut. If they try and light the curtains on fire you stop them however they make it necessary. If they try and stab you use deadly force on them to stop them, and if they survive, you try them as attempted murders.

We don't  have to have a revolution. We don't have to go draconian. We don't have to have a war. We don't need to toss out rule of law and engage in partiality.

Pick up the rules and USE THEM. Exclude EVERYTHING the rules exclude.

Watch 99.999999% of everything the fedgov does evaporate.
To your Newsletter I wish to subscribe.

@MADMAXXX

Not really necessary.

Read this:
https://www.bookfinder.com/search/?full=on&ac=sl&st=sl&qi=EQbuJwjQeWK4RyKL2jZm9BLJlsk_1714182966_1%3A19285%3A32618

Than (and don't snort at it being a pig guide, it's legit good) this:
https://www.bookfinder.com/search/?full=on&ac=sl&st=sl&qi=wfHpIaa16gaWFRX%2CEFuGl84cGW4_1714183103_1%3A4382%3A8308

If you read them in order, you will have trouble finishing the second one.  You will be beyond utterly pissed as you realize how badly you've been gaslit and abused and how quickly cotus was trampled.

Than, and only than, watch this:

The Fourteenth Amendment [Lecture 4 of 10] Thomas E. Woods, Jr.

---------------------------------------------

If you can keep from being depresssed after the above - and you should, but it's brutal.

Do these:

Constitutional History Lecture 1: German and British Antecedents

Constitutional History Lecture 2: Colonial Constitutionalism

Constitutional History Lecture 3: The Imperial Crisis

Constitutional History Lecture 4: The Declaration of Independence

Constitutional History Lecture 5: Articles of Confederation and the Critical Period

Constitutional History Lecture 6: To the Philadelphia Convention

Constitutional History Lecture 7: The Philadelphia Convention

Constitutional History Lecture 8: Ratification

Constitutional History Lecture 9: The Federalist (Papers)

Constitutional History Lecture 10: State Constitutions

Constitutional History Lecture 11: The First Congress

Constitutional History Lecture 12: At Swords' Point: Jefferson vs. Hamilton in the Cabinet

Constitutional History Lecture 13: Federalists Off the Rails

Constitutional History Lecture 14: Jeffersonians Take Command

Constitutional History Lecture 15: The Marshall Court, Part I

-------------------------------

While you are thinking I am stupidly insane to suggest THIS much time and investement, here, watch a nice short one:

Why The American Revolution Was About FREE SPEECH & SELF-SUFFICIENT Economics, Not Just Taxes
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:13:15 PM EDT
[#9]

So in your mind, joining an international terrorist organization, and leaving your country to help them, is not tantamount to renouncing citizenship? Why not?

A cop has the right to shoot a US citizen, on us soil, in the back, if they are an active threat to society. But the US military doesn't have that right overseas? Why not?
View Quote

If cops had the right to shoot anyone posing an active threat to society we would be having to air drop them ammo resupply in major cities.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:22:58 PM EDT
[#10]

The polls have varied quite a bit, but the most respectable one, taken at the time to collect more accurate individual opinions, said 52% of voters believe fraud impacted the election... That's a majority of Americans and a significant number of Democrats.

Article

Subsequent polls tend to show somewhat lower. But it's impossible to say exactly why. Perhaps the nonstop Soviet style propaganda messaging from the left/media. Perhaps the polls are deliberately or in deliberately scewed by the pollsters.

Another Rasmussen poll found that 20% of voters admitted to conducting fraud when using mail in ballots.
View Quote

Heartland Institute / Rasmussen,  for the fraud .
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:58:03 PM EDT
[#11]

I just love how they keep throwing the indictment in your face like it's gospel or something.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sixnine:
Well shit, I guess they finally got him then.

I just love how they keep throwing the indictment in your face like it's gospel or something.

https://www.nycourts.gov/judges/cji/1-General/CJI2d.Indictment_Not_Evid.pdf

https://www.mad.uscourts.gov/resources/pattern2003/html/patt74bp.htm#:~:text=The%20indictment%20is%20simply%20an,The%20indictment%20proves%20nothing

https://www.ce9.uscourts.gov/jury-instructions/node/335

Link Posted: 4/26/2024 11:08:05 PM EDT
[#12]

Article

View All Quotes

The question is, how you can hold a president accountable for potential crimes committed while in office, once they are no longer in office.

No.  The question is: If Rand Paul became President, should he be able to direct his DoJ to prosecute Obama for the extrajudicial killing of Americans in Yemen?

Absolutely he was.  They dressed it up as "interference" but he didn't do or say anything different than his opponent in 2016 did when she lost.

Sounds like you, like most people here, haven't actually read the indictment. Here, I'll be nice and help you:

LOL

Bull shit charges. Asking for legit elections isn't a crime. They're twisting shit, as usual.

Here's a little more:

It says it right there.  His "crime" was to bitch that the election was fraudulant.  That is the entire basis of their "conspiracy" allegations.

You're never going to read it,  are you?  Why can't you just be honest and say you aren't interested in knowing the facts instead of pretending you're making some valid point in this conversation?

I did and it said so in the very screenshot you posted.  "Lying about the election" was right there in black and white.

Slow down and read it again--it says the conspiracies (the actual crimes being charged) were built on the lying.  He didn't get indicted for lying.

That's the whole basis of the "conspiracies" so yes, he is indicted for "lying."

At the heart of the matter, it's a "lie" that somewhere between 40-60% of Americans believe.

Article

It's probably not very important and we don't need to get sidetracked on this, but as usual I think you have to drill down and see what actual questions were asked, and then what follow up happened. Here's an example more in line with what I have heard over the last few years on these questions:

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2023/08/03/politics/cnn-poll-republicans-think-2020-election-illegitimate

Among Republican-aligned adults, the share who believe there is solid evidence proving the election was not legitimate stands at 39%, while 30% say it is merely their suspicion that Biden did not win legitimately, and 29% say Biden’s election was legitimate.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 11:11:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By LordsOfDiscipline:

A decision should be handed down by June.  The arguments within this thread are illustrative and mirror the questioning at the the Supreme Court yesterday; there is one side that believe that there is limited immunity for The Executive and jailing political opponents is lawful - the Justices that are directing questions in this direction are Kagan, Sotomayor and Brown Jackson, all Democrat_appointments.  The other side believes that The Executive has broad immunity with exclusive Constitutional powers and jailing political opponents is unlawful and un American - the Justices that are directing questions in this direction are Roberts, Alito, Gorsuch, Kavanaugh, Coney Barrett and The Great Justice Thomas, all Republican appointees.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By LordsOfDiscipline:
Originally Posted By Wildfowler:
Can someone kindly tell me what's going on in the thread that matches the headline?

Does Trump have immunity or not?

I'm not even sure I remember what he supposed to be immune from now?

This!

Prepare to be disappointed.

Remember that the Court decides questions, not cases. So they actually wrote their own question that they would decide, when they issue their decision it's probably going to go back down to the lower court to work out its ramifications for Trump's case.

But the prediction from people who I think know what they're talking about is that it will be either unanimous or close to unanimous against broad immunity.  They may try to carve out some narrow qualified criminal immunity for certain official acts of the president only, but anybody who is hoping for this to be a win for Trump is going to be disappointed.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 1:10:16 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By ExFed1811:

If cops had the right to shoot anyone posing an active threat to society we would be having to air drop them ammo resupply in major cities.
View All Quotes

Do you think cops don't legally shoot dangerous criminals? It happens, frequently.

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:42:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Zofoman:

Exactly.  Al-Awlaki was taken out in 2011 at a time when the US had a thriving hard on for anyone associated with 9/11 especially leaders/planners....let's not forget those fresh memories of the time.   It's easy to look back now and say differently as some previous commentary alludes to.

However, add in these other "things"....2 weeks after Al-Awlaki was taken out his 16yr old son, also a US citizen, was killed by a drone strike in Yemen.  Later, his 8 yr old daughter was killed during a raid against Al-Qaeda ordered by Donny Trump in 2017....no one talks about that.
View Quote

Meh, not crying over some retard bringing his family to live in installations that are on active military strike lists. Terrible for the little girl of course, but she has a piece of shit mother and father.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:48:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By FlashMan-7k:

@MADMAXXX

Not really necessary.

Read this:
https://www.bookfinder.com/search/?full=on&ac=sl&st=sl&qi=EQbuJwjQeWK4RyKL2jZm9BLJlsk_1714182966_1%3A19285%3A32618
https://prodimage.images-bn.com/pimages/9781621570530_p0_v3_s1200x630.jpg
Than (and don't snort at it being a pig guide, it's legit good) this:
https://www.bookfinder.com/search/?full=on&ac=sl&st=sl&qi=wfHpIaa16gaWFRX%2CEFuGl84cGW4_1714183103_1%3A4382%3A8308
https://www.colchestercollection.com/images/covers/P/politically-incorrect-guide-to-the-constitution.jpg
If you read them in order, you will have trouble finishing the second one.  You will be beyond utterly pissed as you realize how badly you've been gaslit and abused and how quickly cotus was trampled.

Than, and only than, watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P56ZeBotFeA

---------------------------------------------

If you can keep from being depresssed after the above - and you should, but it's brutal.

Do these:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss6-NHRegSU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGzkv-A28es

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCs1mAp875k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jg2DGQiETEQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKWSwhycupk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0n1Y-2165rQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9FlfjWr60Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxBJTQicLt4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEibeUEgJR0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFMbIHdefaQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flnxWU3ECns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScJDEtQPocw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkQQ8pidDAw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNye4gRvYlo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpdO-sbI7EY

-------------------------------

While you are thinking I am stupidly insane to suggest THIS much time and investement, here, watch a nice short one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vc6Nza_nGIQ
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 10:16:52 AM EDT
[#17]
Justice Gorsuch’s GOTCHA! Mic Drop Moment in Trump’s Presidential Immunity Argument
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 12:28:06 PM EDT
[#18]

It's probably not very important and we don't need to get sidetracked on this, but as usual I think you have to drill down and see what actual questions were asked, and then what follow up happened. Here's an example more in line with what I have heard over the last few years on these questions:

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2023/08/03/politics/cnn-poll-republicans-think-2020-election-illegitimate

View All Quotes

LOL

Here's a little more:

Article

Among Republican-aligned adults, the share who believe there is solid evidence proving the election was not legitimate stands at 39%, while 30% say it is merely their suspicion that Biden did not win legitimately, and 29% say Biden’s election was legitimate.

so 69% of republicans don't think the election was legit, that's a fuck of a lot of people
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 12:41:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Seadra_tha_Guineapig:

so 69% of republicans don't think the election was legit, that's a fuck of a lot of people
View All Quotes

LOL

Here's a little more:

Article

Add in the Democrats who thought 2016 wasn't legit, but think 2020 was legit because a democrat won. Had trump won, they'd be claiming 202 wasn't legit.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 2:17:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By mcculver5:

I mean that premeditated killing is always murder and that affirmative defenses like (defense of others, defense of self, advice of counsel, war time activities) are legal defenses to be asserted at trial etc.  

That's how it works for most people.  And, as no one is above the law, a subsequent administrations could charge and force them to assert the defense at trial.  

View Quote

I'm not sure you have that correct.  Most people view killings in self defense/wartime to not be murder.   In my state, I don't have to prove self defense, the government has to prove it was not self defense.   A lot of self defense cases are no billed.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 4:11:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mcculver5] [#21]
Originally Posted By Dino:

I'm not sure you have that correct.  Most people view killings in self defense/wartime to not be murder.   In my state, I don't have to prove self defense, the government has to prove it was not self defense.   A lot of self defense cases are no billed.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Dino:
Originally Posted By mcculver5:

I mean that premeditated killing is always murder and that affirmative defenses like (defense of others, defense of self, advice of counsel, war time activities) are legal defenses to be asserted at trial etc.  

That's how it works for most people.  And, as no one is above the law, a subsequent administrations could charge and force them to assert the defense at trial.  

Oh sure, I agree that's the normative baseline.  

The point, however, is that if we are prosecuting ex-presidents, then everything is OK.

Technically,  one must assert the affirmative defense at trial, if there is evidence supporting said defense (usually a very low burden) then the prosecution must disprove the defense beyond a reasonable doubt.

Most affirmative defenses are defenses which must be asserted then disproven at trial.  

Link Posted: 4/30/2024 12:04:23 PM EDT
[#22]

View All Quotes

LOL

Here's a little more:

Article

The point is that a big portion of that number is just wish casting.

The number of people who actually researched it and are convinced there is evidence of the fraud is quite small. Everybody else just wants to believe it's true because they wish it were true.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 10:12:33 PM EDT
[#23]

The number of people who actually researched it and are convinced there is evidence of the fraud is quite small. Everybody else just wants to believe it's true because they wish it were true.
View All Quotes

LOL

Here's a little more:

Article

Yeah who are they going to believe... Your "research" or their own lying eyes and common sense.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 10:27:37 PM EDT
[#24]

View Quote

I guess when states violated their own State Constitution specifically about voting you deem this is acceptable?  Why have laws at this point if nobody is going to follow them?  (and look where we are now because of ignoring laws and not prosecuting people.....unless it is your political opponent)
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 10:59:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: StanGram] [#25]

How about this guy? Deserving of the same due process as Americans who don't flee the country to join Al Qaeda?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Yahiye_Gadahn

View All Quotes

How about this guy? Deserving of the same due process as Americans who don't flee the country to join Al Qaeda?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Yahiye_Gadahn

For all of the anti-due process remarks you've made about Trump, the irony of this post is amazing.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 11:08:40 PM EDT
[#26]

Do you think cops don't legally shoot dangerous criminals? It happens, frequently.

View Quote

That's not what you said. Why are you backing up?
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 11:12:45 PM EDT
[#27]

View All Quotes

I'm not. I said the same thing, two different ways... So people that might have difficulty comprehend ing the point, might understand. LOL
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 11:35:28 PM EDT
[#28]

View Quote

[lmao] Definitely some wish casting going on..you look really stupid trying to argue a losing point and you lost that point before you ever started.....[lmao]
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 11:38:02 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By StanGram:

For all of the anti-due process remarks you've made about Trump, the irony of this post is amazing.
View Quote

How much due process does an Al Qaeda terrorist hiding out in the Pakistan tribal areas, plotting death to America, really deserve?

You gonna suit up, travel half way across the world, risking your life to find him and bring him back?

Thought so.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 11:40:54 PM EDT
[#30]

How much due process does an Al Qaeda terrorist hiding out in the Pakistan tribal areas, plotting death to America, really deserve?

You gonna suit up, travel half way across the world, risking your life to find him and bring him back?

Thought so.
View All Quotes

Thought so.

I'm just pointing out you're a hypocrite. The Constitution is only important to you so long as it fits your narrative.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 11:43:30 PM EDT
[#31]

I'm just pointing out you're a hypocrite. The Constitution is only important to you so long as it fits your narrative.
View Quote

Please share for the class who receives constitutional protections and where it applies. Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 11:52:57 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By glklvr:

Both her and Sotomayor. Complete morons that a first year law student could outwit.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By glklvr:
Originally Posted By azjeeper:
Justice Brown comes across as a box of rocks.

Both her and Sotomayor. Complete morons that a first year law student could outwit.

They weren't appointed for their jurisprudence.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 12:00:16 AM EDT
[#33]

Please share for the class who receives constitutional protections and where it applies. Thanks.
View All Quotes

Are you looking for some Obama quotes here or something?
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 7:40:12 AM EDT
[#34]

Yeah who are they going to believe... Your "research" or their own lying eyes and common sense.
View All Quotes

LOL

Here's a little more:

Article

No way I'm going to turn this thread into another pointless election fraud debate, but the point is that you tried to use public opinion as a way to justify Trump's behavior (as if the law says "don't do X unless polls say a majority agree with you" ), and I was just pointing out that actually a very small minority agreed with his position.

But I'm sure you'd much rather ignore that and continue the endless repetition of lies--maybe just a few more times more and you'll gain new converts!
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 9:29:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Missilegeek] [#35]

No way I'm going to turn this thread into another pointless election fraud debate, but the point is that you tried to use public opinion as a way to justify Trump's behavior (as if the law says "don't do X unless polls say a majority agree with you" ), and I was just pointing out that actually a very small minority agreed with his position.

But I'm sure you'd much rather ignore that and continue the endless repetition of lies--maybe just a few more times more and you'll gain new converts!
View All Quotes

LOL

Here's a little more:

Article

Your "point" is a lie. We've posted the receipts. If not a majority, then a HUGE percentage of Americans agree that the election had problems. A very relevant fact when trying to prosecute a guy for doing a few things to call the BS into question.

It's awfully hard to build a case on "it's a lie, there was no fraud, therefore he is guilty of conspiracy to lie about fraud" when
1. It's hard to know if there is fraud before having any time or investigation into the matter.
2. Most people agree that it sure looked like fraud.
3. When polled, 20% of Americans admitted to voter fraud.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 7:36:10 AM EDT
[#36]

Your "point" is a lie. We've posted the receipts. If not a majority, then a HUGE percentage of Americans agree that the election had problems. A very relevant fact when trying to prosecute a guy for doing a few things to call the BS into question.

It's awfully hard to build a case on "it's a lie, there was no fraud, therefore he is guilty of conspiracy to lie about fraud" when
1. It's hard to know if there is fraud before having any time or investigation into the matter.
View All Quotes

LOL

Here's a little more:

Article

I see you still haven't read the indictment.

But for the record, Rasmussen is no longer a legitimate and respected polling operation, their primary purpose now is to generate content for MAGA Media.  Nothing they put out should be taking at face value.

But even if that poll you're referring to was 100% correct and accurate, it still doesn't mean what you are implying it means.  An illegitimate vote is not the same thing as what they polled.  A vote can technically be illegal (address not updated, somebody else filled out the ballot, etc.) and yet still be an accurate representation of that particular individual voter's choice.  That's a very different thing than actual fake ballots, more than one vote per person, manipulated ballot counts, etc. that would actually alter the outcome of the election.  It's simply dishonest to pretend that the former is actually evidence of the latter.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 8:23:54 AM EDT
[#37]

But for the record, Rasmussen is no longer a legitimate and respected polling operation, their primary purpose now is to generate content for MAGA Media.  Nothing they put out should be taking at face value.

But even if that poll you're referring to was 100% correct and accurate, it still doesn't mean what you are implying it means.  An illegitimate vote is not the same thing as what they polled.  A vote can technically be illegal (address not updated, somebody else filled out the ballot, etc.) and yet still be an accurate representation of that particular individual voter's choice.  That's a very different thing than actual fake ballots, more than one vote per person, manipulated ballot counts, etc. that would actually alter the outcome of the election.  It's simply dishonest to pretend that the former is actually evidence of the latter.
Indictments are no longer legitimate and respected either.

Tell a lie often enough and it becomes the truth
View All Quotes

LOL

Here's a little more:

Article

Link Posted: 5/2/2024 8:43:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CMiller] [#38]
Originally Posted By APPARITION:

View Quote

Well then by all means you better not read it! God forbid you should expose yourself to the possibility you might read something that's not true!  It's much better and safer to just keep talking about it based on what other people have told you it's all about.

Maybe just cancel your Internet service.  The Internet is a scary place, some people just can't handle it.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 8:49:46 AM EDT
[#39]

Snip-

-Snip
View Quote

Can you cite or give anything to back this claim up?
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 8:51:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Morlawn66] [#40]

View All Quotes

Evidently ONLY his sources are legit , Heartland Institute was involved in that poll and provides an analysis of it . Easy to find .
It's the fraud thresholds that are important. IIRC it's down around 6% of mail in ballots were fraudulent then that would change 2020 results .
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 9:00:33 AM EDT
[#41]

Well then by all means you better not read it! God forbid you should expose yourself to the possibility you might read something that's not true!  It's much better and safer to just keep talking about it based on what other people have told you it's all about.

Maybe just cancel your Internet service.  The Internet is a scary place, some people just can't handle it.
View All Quotes

Be easier to click the ignore button but I consider these threads comedy.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 9:26:26 AM EDT
[#42]

View All Quotes

Snip-

-Snip

I would say it's been quite obvious for many years to anybody who has been paying attention. If you Google it there are plenty of relevant links for you to review.

If you really care, there's plenty of analysis about their methodology, there are many ways that pollsters can create a desired outcome while still appearing to follow legitimate methods.  Here's a simple example:

The Harris Poll:

Question # 1 - “If the election were held today, how likely are you to vote for Candidate B?”

The Rasmussen Poll:

Question # 1 - “Given that Candidate B once supported a crime bill that resulted in more than 500,000 African Americans and people of color eventually being locked up in prisons, how likely are you to vote for Candidate B in the next election?”

I'm not going to get into the details, entire books have been written about this subject. But it's quite obvious that the results are always on the Republican side of the spectrum compared to all the other polls.  They like to brag about how they got the 2016 outcome correct, even though they were actually significantly wrong about the actual vote distribution.

The headlines generated by polls are almost completely useless.  You need to either find professionals in the business who can evaluate the legitimacy of a poll, or at least try to dig into the details to see what exact questions were asked, how the poll was conducted, etc. and almost nobody ever does that.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 9:51:34 AM EDT
[#43]

View Quote

No, just drawing attention to your ignorance on the matter, and your willingness to support radical Islamic terrorists to try and score meaningless political points.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 10:03:51 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Morlawn66:

Evidently ONLY his sources are legit , Heartland Institute was involved in that poll and provides an analysis of it . Easy to find .
It's the fraud thresholds that are important. IIRC it's down around 6% of mail in ballots were fraudulent then that would change 2020 results .
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Morlawn66:

It's not just polling. SCOWI declared the ballot boxes illegal as they would have needed legislative approval. The court has since flipped to a liberal majority so this may be brought up again and overturned even though they are not permitted in the statutes.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 10:22:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: LordsOfDiscipline] [#45]

View Quote

The Trump indictments come from prosecutors like this:

Trump Prosecutor PLEADS FIFTH when asked if he BROKE THE LAW investigating Trump!

Mark Pomerantz served as a federal prosecutor in the United States Attorney's Office for the Southern District of New York, eventually leading the appellate unit; he departed in 1982 for private practice. He defended numerous cases involving organized crime; his law partner later estimated that they handled about 25 cases related to organized crime.  In one notable case regarding mobster Anthony Indelicato, Pomerantz argued on appeal to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit in 1989 that Indelicato had been involved with a single criminal episode—the simultaneous murder of Carmine Galante and two others in an attack in a Brooklyn restaurant— and thus could not be convicted of a "pattern of racketeering" as required for conviction under the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act (RICO).  The case was reheard en banc (i.e., by all twelve active judges on the appeals court), a rare step, leading to a decision clarifying the meaning of the RICO law.

Link Posted: 5/2/2024 10:23:33 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By 6SJ7GT:

It's not just polling. SCOWI declared the ballot boxes illegal as they would have needed legislative approval. The court has since flipped to a liberal majority so this may be brought up again and overturned even though they are not permitted in the statutes.
View Quote

In the election interference trial of  Jeff Clarke ,he had an ex Fulton Co election official testify that they couldn't get the signature verification to work . Guy wouldn't certify results and resigned . So where else did this happen and they just stfu about it ?
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 10:28:39 AM EDT
[#47]

View Quote
There is a path of redress. That cop, should it be shown that he was wrong, will be prosecuted. A drone strike has no path of redress for US citizens.   In your example, all that is needed is for the government to show a court that the american citizen has committed the crimes alleged beyond a reasonable doubt.  If you are a US citizen that's the standard. Period.   If said citizen is a shitbag, it shouldn't be hard.  Once that is done, kill or capture is authorized and we don't give the government extra judicial execution authority over US citizens, which I think we all agree is likely to be abused.

This isn't hard.

Link Posted: 5/2/2024 10:30:12 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By SteveOak:

View Quote
Nino was an all time great, but not without certain blind spots. He loved him some law enforcement overreach.  Still one of my favorites.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 11:26:20 AM EDT
[#49]

No, just drawing attention to your ignorance on the matter, and your willingness to support radical Islamic terrorists to try and score meaningless political points.
View All Quotes

Lol. That is akin to saying your support of the 2A is supporting all gun crimes in the US. You like to pick and choose when the constitution matters, and you're a hypocrite.

Trump said due process second. You said no due process at all.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 11:27:50 AM EDT
[#50]

Lol. That is akin to saying your support of the 2A is supporting all gun crimes in the US. You like to pick and choose when the constitution matters, and you're a hypocrite.

Trump said due process second. You said no due process at all.
View Quote

You are out of your element junior.

Page / 13
Top Top