Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/6/2024 2:56:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Kingdead]
The game is great so far. Bloober Team did a good job. I'm only into the intro to the city and the atmosphere is haunting.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 10/7/2024 4:22:17 PM EDT
[#1]
My son started it over the weekend, looks pretty impressive.
Link Posted: 10/7/2024 11:42:43 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm loving it. The original was a very important game for me.
Link Posted: 10/8/2024 1:49:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Kingdead] [#3]
They took some of the cheesiness out (while still honoring those scenes) and really nailed the undertones of the 2nd game. There are so many little nods to people replaying the game and other games in the series, but I won't spoil them. I expect if this game is faulted for anything it will be for being less obscure about the themes of Jame's and the others in the town. Also ARFCOM told me to stack them deep (for a horror game on hard). Melee combat feels very skill based, but it is difficult to master. Later on I won't worry about expending all the ammo I saved.

Enable DLSS if you haven't. There are only a few weird artifacts but it helps the framerates. There are still tough sections on the hardware, but I expect them to be ironed out over the next few months.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 10/8/2024 3:29:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Buying 9mm by boxes of 10 rounds is certainly terrifying.
Link Posted: 10/8/2024 3:31:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Kingdead] [#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MeatBag:
Buying 9mm by boxes of 10 rounds is certainly terrifying.
View Quote
lol

Also you and I got special knowledge that Japanese producers don't really understand.
Link Posted: 10/8/2024 5:57:45 AM EDT
[#6]
I remember playing the original game, it was creepy as !@$$
Link Posted: 10/11/2024 3:40:20 PM EDT
[#7]
is it worth $70. never played the original
Link Posted: 10/12/2024 2:19:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Larsonous:
is it worth $70. never played the original
View Quote
It's longer than the original at least based on my first playthrough. Compared to how much you can spend on a movie or a book, yea you get your money's worth out of it. I was never truly terrified, but I have been stressed and scared. As a horror junkie that is worth it alone.
Link Posted: 10/12/2024 7:22:57 PM EDT
[#9]
What are you guys playing it on?
Link Posted: 10/13/2024 12:20:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/13/2024 4:30:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By amendment:
What are you guys playing it on?
View Quote
PC. My 2070 Super at 1080p is starting to get a little long in the tooth. Still looks great but in a year or so with a new rig, I'll be excited to revisit the town. FYI, if you are a fan of the original or love good horror and writing, get this game.
Link Posted: 10/13/2024 11:07:46 AM EDT
[#12]
I've heard of it but never played, it looks really well done
Link Posted: 10/13/2024 8:55:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Kingdead:
PC. My 2070 Super at 1080p is starting to get a little long in the tooth. Still looks great but in a year or so with a new rig, I'll be excited to revisit the town. FYI, if you are a fan of the original or love good horror and writing, get this game.
View Quote

Me over here with my AMD RX570
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top