Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 4/28/2023 7:04:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Its a movie bruh... also superman cant really fly either, thats a movie also not a real life documentary
View Quote

This. It's simply entertainment, just have fun with it.
Link Posted: 4/28/2023 10:31:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Mel Gibson was right
Link Posted: 4/28/2023 12:03:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Tons of Finn's joins the Germans during WW2.  

Having nazis be the bad guys is fucking retarded.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Me....uh 7.

I still think the enemy should be Russian commies,  but everyone loves killing nazis these days even though commies well outnumber them throughout the world

Tons of Finn's joins the Germans during WW2.  

Having nazis be the bad guys is fucking retarded.

Before Winter war (just before WWII) Nazi's courted Finland as they saw them "pure Aryan's" and wanted Finns to join them, Finns said thank you but no thank you, leave us alone.

Russia invaded Finland and Winter war begun, Finland was short of ammunition, firearms and whatever.

After winter war Finland got scared about the Russia and approached Nazi's just to get firearms and ammunition to protect themselves from Russians, Nazi's said they want to execute operation Barbarossa and it requires Nazi army to go through Finland and attack Russia from there, Finland said if we get the guns and whatnot then you get that passage.

WWII begun and ended and Russia demanded reparation penalties from Finland and forcing Nazi's out, Nazi's retreated and burned down most of the cities on their way out.

My grandfather fought both wars on anti-aircraft unit shooting Commie aircrafts down and still among older generations there is hate towards Nazi's but there is more hate towards Russians.
Link Posted: 4/28/2023 12:07:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Movie is based in finland. Comes out in theatres in may

Eta i lied. Came out today. Like 10 theatres near me have it showing at least once a day
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Where?

Movie is based in finland. Comes out in theatres in may

Eta i lied. Came out today. Like 10 theatres near me have it showing at least once a day
It's is playing at the mall close to me. Might have to go. Haven't been to a show in years.
Link Posted: 4/28/2023 12:16:01 PM EDT
[#5]
It's based on the Lapland War. Some of the German units did go slash and burn on their way out during their retreat, killing a lot of Finns and destroying infrastructure. The Finns killed a lot of them too.

It would be nice for them to do prequel, following this guy slaughtering Soviets during the Winter War.
Link Posted: 4/28/2023 5:25:59 PM EDT
[#6]
As long as they don’t hurt the dog.
Link Posted: 4/28/2023 5:40:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Weren't the Finns sort of aligned with the Nazis? The movie should be the dude killing the fuck out of Soviet invaders, not Germans.
View Quote
Lapland War.

After the Finns signed the armistice with the USSR in 1944 ending the Continuation War, the Finns and Germans fought as the Germans were leaving the country.
Link Posted: 4/28/2023 5:44:18 PM EDT
[#8]
I’m in.
Link Posted: 4/28/2023 6:31:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Hell yeah! Saw the trailer before John Wick 4. Looks badass!
Link Posted: 4/28/2023 6:42:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Just got back from seeing it, and this move is so damn good!

It's like the story of John Wick, with the tone and setting of Fury, the violence of Inglorious Basterds, all wrapped in the style of Unforgiven.

A very bare bones plot, and I mean that in a good way. A man with nothing left to lose just wants to be left alone. He finds some gold, Nazis steal his gold and leave him for dead, and he becomes an unstoppable force out for vengeance.

It starts off fairly grounded, but as the movie progresses the action gets more over the top. I wouldn't say it ever becomes cartoonish, but don't expect total realism the entire time.

The main villain is a Nazi Tank Commander pulled right out of Indiana Jones. Cold and calculating, a very stereotypical "Nazi Bad Guy", but still manages to come off as a very menacing threat. His right hand man is best described as a sleazy trailer park version of Amon Goeth from Schindler's List. Then the rest are simply cannon fodder.

It's overall very reminiscent of a classic Western with a some 70's Exploitation/Revenge movie elements, but in my opinion, done in a elevated way. The cinematography is very well done. There is an underwater fight scene that looks incredible in how it's shot and lit. There's no dialogue for the first 10mins or so, it's really good visual storytelling to introduce the main character and get a feel for who he is. But it wastes no time getting right to the action.

Last I'll say, the score is phenomenal. I would highly recommend seeing this in an RPX/Dolby theater if possible. It is very operatic and atmospheric, then turns into western guitar riffs at times. But during the fight scenes it almost becomes a toned down version of the Doom soundtrack.

10/10 I want a sequel immediately.
View Quote

Thank you for the review
Link Posted: 4/28/2023 6:58:32 PM EDT
[#11]
The Finns are good at killing people in war.

They're not the good guys.  As far as WW2 goes.
Link Posted: 4/28/2023 7:01:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Depends on whose side you are on. If youre finnish they are to only good guys.
Link Posted: 4/28/2023 11:52:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote
I'd like to know what metric you're using. They got invaded by a much larger, expansionist, totalitarian state. They were sold out by the west. They took help from the only place they could get it.
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 9:52:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Took the GF.  We both enjoyed it.  Excellent, silly, slightly violent.   Not a lot of talking.  Recommended!
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 11:01:01 PM EDT
[#15]
I saw it this afternoon and thought it was good with the only reservation that since it’s a short movie, you do see a lot of good parts in the trailer already.
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 11:31:08 PM EDT
[#16]
For a guy that supposedly killed over 300 soviets, he sure was shitty at fighting.
Maybe he should've used one of the four knives he was carrying around in some of those hand to hand fights.

Also, the time traveling T-55 kinda took me out of it.
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 11:49:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
For a guy that supposedly killed over 300 soviets, he sure was shitty at fighting.
Maybe he should've used one of the four knives he was carrying around in some of those hand to hand fights.

Also, the time traveling T-55 kinda took me out of it.
View Quote

I saw an M35 being used by German/Italian forces in North Africa in Rogue Heroes.

Attachment Attached File

I lived.
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 11:57:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Just saw it today

Yes! Military purists(myself included) will have to take a chill pill!

The laws of physics and reality will have to be ignored!

Once you shut those things down in your mind?

it is a fantastic movie! Left the theater a happy camper.
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 11:57:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
So John Wick in Finland.
View Quote

Yeah, but with an original plot/story that hasn't been recycled a hundred times already...

Yawn.
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 12:10:58 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Before Winter war (just before WWII) Nazi's courted Finland as they saw them "pure Aryan's" and wanted Finns to join them, Finns said thank you but no thank you, leave us alone.

Russia invaded Finland and Winter war begun, Finland was short of ammunition, firearms and whatever.

After winter war Finland got scared about the Russia and approached Nazi's just to get firearms and ammunition to protect themselves from Russians, Nazi's said they want to execute operation Barbarossa and it requires Nazi army to go through Finland and attack Russia from there, Finland said if we get the guns and whatnot then you get that passage.

WWII begun and ended and Russia demanded reparation penalties from Finland and forcing Nazi's out, Nazi's retreated and burned down most of the cities on their way out.

My grandfather fought both wars on anti-aircraft unit shooting Commie aircrafts down and still among older generations there is hate towards Nazi's but there is more hate towards Russians.
View Quote

Famed Finn Green Beret Larry Thorne (Lauri Torni) even wore the Waffen SS uniform, dude.  I don’t think it was just dress up, Shutzstaffel was some serious shit.

Link Posted: 4/30/2023 12:27:33 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Famed Finn Green Beret Larry Thorne (Lauri Torni) even wore the Waffen SS uniform, dude.  I don’t think it was just dress up, Shutzstaffel was some serious shit.

https://allthatsinteresting.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/larry-thorne-lauri-torni.jpg
View Quote

Yep, they went there for training and if Nazi training gave Finland the needed leverage against Russians then time well spent.

You whining about Finns doing whatever they needed to do to survive?

What the fuck did allied forces do when Finland requested help, you two face cunts stood by doing nothing.
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 10:09:36 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Took the GF.  We both enjoyed it.  Excellent, silly, slightly violent.   Not a lot of talking.  Recommended!
View Quote

So…okay for young children?
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 10:16:04 PM EDT
[#23]
That was a fun, long day at work flick to watch. Turned off the brain and just enjoyed some great, violent vengeance.

It was set in some nice scenery at times.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 10:18:35 PM EDT
[#24]
I’m just burnt out on Nazis but for those who go to see it, hope you enjoy the film
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 10:40:21 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
You'd swear it was a Tarantino movie.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/4/2023 11:03:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
John Wickonen.
View Quote
Underrated post
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 11:09:12 PM EDT
[#27]
I always think of James May asking if organizing his spanners in his toolbox, is sisu, whatever a spanner is...

Mika Hakkinen Teaches Captain Slow to Drive | Top Gear

Link Posted: 5/12/2023 11:44:56 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 1:20:10 PM EDT
[#29]
The Critical Drinker agrees:

Sisu Laughs At Hollywood Action Films
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 1:26:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You'd swear it was a Tarantino movie.

There were no long shots of women's feet or drawn out scenes of dialogue.

The violence was the only thing Tarantinoesque.
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 1:27:10 PM EDT
[#31]
So this isn't snusnu?
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 1:27:41 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 1:28:11 PM EDT
[#33]
Really over the top guy s**t. I found myself laughing at some of the creative ways he offed some Nazis.

Now I wish I wouldn't have sold my M27 those many years ago.
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 1:30:41 PM EDT
[#34]
"How many of the mines did you use?"
"All of them."

Link Posted: 5/13/2023 11:53:44 PM EDT
[#35]
SISU CLIP COMPILATION (2023) Action, War
Link Posted: 5/14/2023 12:02:24 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Yep, they went there for training and if Nazi training gave Finland the needed leverage against Russians then time well spent.

What the fuck did allied forces do when Finland requested help, you two face cunts stood by doing nothing.
View Quote

Lol, who’s two faced? How did Norway go for the Allies?
Link Posted: 5/14/2023 12:03:23 AM EDT
[#37]
is that Captain America's fucking shield?

lol.
Link Posted: 5/14/2023 12:05:33 AM EDT
[#38]
Just so long as Mannerheim isn't black again....
Link Posted: 5/14/2023 12:23:36 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
It's is playing at the mall close to me. Might have to go. Haven't been to a show in years.
View Quote
Same here. Maybe Sunday matinee. Looks good.
Link Posted: 5/14/2023 12:28:11 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I'd like to know what metric you're using. They got invaded by a much larger, expansionist, totalitarian state. They were sold out by the west. They took help from the only place they could get it.
View Quote

If I was a betting man I'd say you probably don't feel this way about a prominent Irish group
Link Posted: 5/14/2023 12:44:16 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Weren't the Finns sort of aligned with the Nazis? The movie should be the dude killing the fuck out of Soviet invaders, not Germans.
View Quote

They fought both
Link Posted: 5/14/2023 12:47:07 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Norway was NEUTRAL, just like Holland, Belgium, Denmark and other Neutral Nations that the bastard Nazis Blitzkrieged and then harshly occupied.

My uncle (married into family via Aunt) was a schoolboy in Norway and the Nazis made the occupants of their village stand in the snow while they burned serval of the town buildings & homes.

He lost 3 toes to frostbite while being forced to stand outside barefoot all night.

You'd have a extremely hard time selling Tor that the Nazis were anything but a bunch of murderous sadistic bastards.

Bigger_Hammer
Link Posted: 5/14/2023 11:01:20 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 5/14/2023 11:03:38 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Norway was NEUTRAL, just like Holland, Belgium, Denmark and other Neutral Nations that the bastard Nazis Blitzkrieged and then harshly occupied.

My uncle (married into family via Aunt) was a schoolboy in Norway and the Nazis made the occupants of their village stand in the snow while they burned serval of the town buildings & homes.

He lost 3 toes to frostbite while being forced to stand outside barefoot all night.

You'd have a extremely hard time selling Tor that the Nazis were anything but a bunch of murderous sadistic bastards.

Bigger_Hammer
View Quote

The point flew right over your head.  The Allies gave up on a Norway invasion because it became strategically irrelevant.  Finland wasn’t going to get allied assistance.

FSSF was actually formed for a Norway liberation. It was called off.  If Norway wasn’t getting liberated neither was Finland and there was also that whole Stalin as ally thing too. FSSF ended up in the Aleutians and then Anzio.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 8:27:21 AM EDT
[#45]
an entertaining way to spend a rainy Sunday afternoon
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 8:29:27 AM EDT
[#46]
Apparently it came and went in a single week in my area
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 8:34:09 AM EDT
[#47]
Hard pass. I couldn't even finish watching the preview.
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 11:58:45 PM EDT
[#48]
I loved this movie. If you're looking for gritty WW2 realism, pass on it. If you're looking for and old man John Wick killing asshole nazis, watch it.

If you come in expecting inglorious bastards and John wick you'll love it.
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 1:21:46 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I loved this movie. If you're looking for gritty WW2 realism, pass on it. If you're looking for and old man John Wick killing asshole nazis, watch it.

View Quote

Literally just finished it. Definitely had that vibe to it. Entertaining movie!
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 1:47:18 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

It was John Wick 4 level silliness!  I mean, Click To View Spoiler  I'm not sure that's how it works!
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top