Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/23/2022 1:20:30 PM EDT
Does anyone here suffer from seborrheic dermatitis?  Well, I do and it sucks.

If so, do you have any shampoos for your beard that help?  I use ciclopirox twice a week and it's not helping.  I use coconut oil and it's not helping.  Cortisone and Clobetasol help, but it's only temporary.

Any help would be great.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/23/2022 6:13:15 PM EDT
[#1]
T-gel shampoo keeps my psoriasis on my scalp to non-existent status.
Says it works for what you have to on the bottle.
Here's a link: T-gel
Even the cheaper walmart brand works for me.
Hopefully this works for you, as I know, skin issues suck ass!
Merry Christmas.
Link Posted: 12/24/2022 10:05:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Thank you.  I will pick some up today.

And Merry Christmas.
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 11:31:02 AM EDT
[#3]
I couldn't find TGel.  I did find MG217 which is 3% coal tar.  I've been using it for about a week.  No improvement yet.
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 11:14:26 PM EDT
[#4]
I have some of that in my cabinet too.
It takes a couple weeks for me to start seeing results.
The strong smell kind of grew on me for some reason.

Link Posted: 3/22/2023 3:45:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Try changing the anti-fungal shampoo (ciclopirox) to a different one, such as zinc pyrithione, or ketoconazole. DHS Zinc is a good brand. Nizoral-AD is the non-prescription version of ketoconazole shampoo (1%). Seborrheic dermatitis is thought to be related to a yeast that lives on everyone, and clinical improvement has been shown to correlate with decreasing the amount of the yeast.

Keep the ciclopirox shampoo for future use- it’s a good one. After a few months, it will likely be effective again, at least for awhile.

You can also use, usually on a separate day, a coal tar shampoo and/or a salicylic acid shampoo, ie, T/Sal, but neither of those are effective for decreasing the amount of the yeast.

If this advice doesn’t work, time to see, or return to see, a dermatologist.
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 4:53:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Mine stuck around after I shaved.  I'm not sure what eventually cleared it up, but I believe it was when I started showering twice a day.

I think there's a site where you can input your skin product's ingredients and it tells you if it's ok to use.  I'm pretty sure coconut oil is a no go.

Link Posted: 3/22/2023 10:52:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for that info.

Since I first posted, I have been using Ciclopirox 2x a week as directed.  I then do 2 or 3 days of Salicylic acid.  And in between the coal tar.  Every once in a while I'll use beard wash and conditioner just to break it up.  I did start puting Ketoconazol cream on it this morning.

It's just one spot under my jawbone about the size of a dime.  I may shave the beard and have a look.
Top Top