BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 11/27/2023 9:11:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I gave a cheap cold steel mini-tac in a kydex sheath from eBay that hides and will cut like crazy
View Quote

Cut whut?
Link Posted: 11/27/2023 9:11:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I am looking for alternatives to open carrying a larger blade for concealability and that is all.

I am looking for suggestions concerning that and don't care that you or somebody else does or doesn't give a fuck as you have put it at all. Lol
View Quote

If you can’t figure out carrying a knife doing your job as a bag boy without help then you shouldn’t be carrying anything.
Link Posted: 11/27/2023 9:17:40 PM EDT
[#3]

I laughed so hard the dog is looking at me like I’m insane
Link Posted: 11/27/2023 9:19:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Benchmade Mini Bugout
Link Posted: 11/27/2023 9:21:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

This guy gets it for sure.
Link Posted: 11/27/2023 9:21:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I'm sure I'll be carrying a box cutter blade as well but what I want is blade that will punch somewhat deeper than that.
View Quote

Sounds like the pen/pencil would be most suitable. Box cutter in one hand, pen/cil in the other, stabby stab and slice. No?

Eh, I get it, you want an excuse to buy a new knife. Yeah, I hear ya. After last night’s thread on OTF knives, I fell down the rabbit hole. Can’t seem to help myself adding various knives to my cart.

What you’re looking for is a “gentleman’s” knife - which is my preferred blade. Burnley makes nice knives. Wood and G10 look great on them, but there are a ton of viable options out there. A quality flipper can’t be beat imo.

Take a look at these

Here’s an example of a gentleman’s knife
Link Posted: 11/27/2023 9:23:11 PM EDT
[#7]
I've got a Fred Perrin LA Griffe and a matching trainer.  It will cut some shit up.

https://szaboinc.com/collections/fred-perrin/products/fred-perrin-tactical-edition-stainless-steel-la-griffe
Link Posted: 11/27/2023 9:26:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I'm sure I'll be carrying a box cutter blade as well but what I want is blade that will punch somewhat deeper than that.
View Quote

Then it won't be a deep Concealment blade.
Link Posted: 11/27/2023 9:27:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Sounds like the pen/pencil would be most suitable. Box cutter in one hand, pen/cil in the other, stabby stab and slice. No?

Eh, I get it, you want an excuse to buy a new knife. Yeah, I hear ya. After last night’s thread on OTF knives, I fell down the rabbit hole. Can’t seem to help myself adding various knives to my cart.

What you’re looking for is a “gentleman’s” knife - which is my preferred blade. Burnley makes nice knives. Wood and G10 look great on them, but there are a ton of viable options out there. A quality flipper can’t be beat imo.

Take a look at these

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/41J1P+YxmOL.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Take a look at these

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/41J1P+YxmOL.jpg

Attachment Attached File

Thank you
Link Posted: 11/27/2023 9:28:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

A non lethal cut from a box cutter blade might or might not make a determined opponent back away quickly.

The only lethal move I know with a box cutter blade is to sever the jugular vein in the neck and then back away.

If I am in a clinch with my opponent I am fairly certain that I would fare better with an instrument that would go deeper than one that can only catch about an inch of flesh from a swiping motion rather than a hard striking one.

I would be much more advantageous for me to cripple an assailant through shock of impact than mere blood loss alone.
View Quote

You can get a femoral artery with a box cutter too.
Link Posted: 11/27/2023 9:29:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Box cutter slash to the face will get a person's attention.

You are over thinking this.  Carry, or quit. We don't give a fuck.
View Quote

Yep, drag it across their eyes.  Not likely to be lethal but a definite fight ender.
Link Posted: 11/27/2023 9:30:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Why not get a belly band with an LCP and whatever knife you want?   Woman with yoga pants and stretchy top thingies wear those and they're hard to see.
Link Posted: 11/27/2023 9:32:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Why not get a belly band with an LCP and whatever knife you want?   Woman with yoga pants and stretchy top thingies wear those and they're hard to see.
View Quote

Read the OP again please.
Link Posted: 11/27/2023 9:32:51 PM EDT
[#14]
neck knife
Link Posted: 11/27/2023 9:41:20 PM EDT
[#15]
I carry two different lengths of the Boker Kalashnikov automatic and really like them.
Link Posted: 11/27/2023 9:46:36 PM EDT
[#16]
TOPS Quickie
Link Posted: 11/27/2023 9:50:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 11/27/2023 9:53:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 11/27/2023 9:56:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I like the Spartan Blades CQB Tool for a small "get the fuck off me knife"

https://cdn11.bigcommerce.com/s-3uvmj/images/stencil/1280x1280/products/316/751/CQB-Tool-Black__70661.1674566406.jpg?c=2
View Quote

I was looking at those earlier thanks for the heads-up.
Link Posted: 11/27/2023 10:01:30 PM EDT
[#20]
What is the context in which this would be used?

If I was working for someone else I'd just carry an airweight or scandium j frame or two aiwb and throw some pepper spray in my pocket. I'm not there to protect anyone / anything except for myself.

Link Posted: 11/27/2023 10:02:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Up to a little over three and a half inches of penetration on a normal weight assailant can do some serious damage utilizing multiple strikes for sure.

I saw a guy down in Houston get hit a couple of times in the stomach with a limited sized pocket knife blade one time and it was a fight ender for him.

He recovered nicely after surgery though.
Link Posted: 11/27/2023 10:06:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Up to a little over a half inch penetration on a normal weight assailant can do some serious damage utilizing multiple strikes for sure.

I saw a guy down in Houston get hit a couple of times in the stomach with a limited sized pocket knife blade one time and it was a fight ender for him.

View Quote
It's not uncommon for someone to not even realize they've been stabbed or shot.

Small fixed blades are to create space and get someone off you.
Link Posted: 11/27/2023 10:07:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
What is the context in which this would be used?

If I was working for someone else I'd just carry an airweight or scandium j frame or two aiwb and throw some pepper spray in my pocket. I'm not there to protect anyone / anything except for myself.

View Quote

I had a thread some time back about what was the best pepper spray out there.

This guy who was a cop, or an ex-cop suggested POM, so I got a dispenser of that for pretty cheap.

I never have used it but some other guy I know said that it was effective as well.
Link Posted: 11/27/2023 10:09:01 PM EDT
[#24]
Katana stuffed down the pants leg, or GTFO.
Link Posted: 11/27/2023 10:10:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Up to a little over three and a half inches of penetration on a normal weight assailant can do some serious damage utilizing multiple strikes for sure.

View Quote

So which do you want.  Deep Concealment or a 3.5" blade?
Link Posted: 11/27/2023 10:10:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

This guy who was a cop, or an ex-cop suggested POM, so I got a dispenser of that for pretty cheap.

I never have used it but some other guy I know said that it was effective as well.
View Quote
They've been doing a huge marketing campaign and it's showing up with big name trainers and YouTube personalities.

You're gonna eventually deal with asshole customers in retail. Less than lethal is a nice option.
Link Posted: 11/27/2023 10:11:14 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Up to a little over a half inch penetration on a normal weight assailant can do some serious damage utilizing multiple strikes for sure.

Correct. Thank you.

Edit: corrected to three and a half inch blade instead of half inch blade.
Link Posted: 11/27/2023 10:15:23 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
They've been doing a huge marketing campaign and it's showing up with big name trainers and YouTube personalities.

You're gonna eventually deal with asshole customers in retail. Less than lethal is a nice option.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's for sure. The POM unit is small and has a clip you can either put on your shirt pocket or in the opening of the top of your polo like I will be wearing.

I looks more or less like a marker of some sort and not a dispenser to me.

Somebody put some forethought into the design of the thing if you asked me.

Totally non threatening design concerning the little bit that someone could see.
Link Posted: 11/27/2023 10:24:23 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Katana stuffed down the pants leg, or GTFO.
View Quote

Tell them: Don't make me take off this bad leg and wear your ass out with it Holm!
Link Posted: 11/27/2023 10:27:44 PM EDT
[#30]
Do they have metal detectors at this grocery store or what? Just put a fucking gun in your waistband like a normal person and go about your business.
Link Posted: 11/27/2023 10:33:59 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Do they have metal detectors at this grocery store or what? Just put a fucking gun in your waistband like a normal person and go about your business.
View Quote

I already listed that possibly in the OP but not initially until I get the feel of my new dressed down casual look and tucked in shirt configuration at first.

I get my polo shirts Wednesday and then I'll have to wear them with dockers and see how that does then.

I'm going to probably have to get a new concealed waist band holster belt as well.

So, I'm going to have to experiment around a little bit before I feel comfortable enough to go deep carry around in the store.

However, when I start closing the store I probably will be by then.

It is the only grocery store in town and there likely is a lot of money on hand from time to time.

Our area is currently booming.

Unfortunately, the local police are generally not what I would be hoping for in a tight.

If I know this, then there are some other people in the area that know this too.

I have lived in this area for quite some time now and generally know how they operate which could become a problem at one point for me.

I don't think they pay the cops very good here and this is what we get.

It certainly pays sometimes to look ahead and make plans.

You know?

Now it comes out.
Link Posted: 11/27/2023 10:38:21 PM EDT
[#32]
Knives make horrible defensive weapons.  Knife vs gun gun wins unless you initiate the attack.  Knife vs knife draw unless you initiate.  Knife vs fist knife wins until you go to jail.  Knives work great if you want to murder someone though.  I carry a knife as a tool.  

I would get pepper spray.  Flip top unit 2 ounces or less.  No one is going to care if it gets seen.  You get stand off distance and you can spray unarmed people if they attack you.
Link Posted: 11/27/2023 10:55:47 PM EDT
[#33]
Gerber "Little Guardian" Loveless design is what you seek...old skool cool
Link Posted: 11/27/2023 10:58:19 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 11/27/2023 11:08:34 PM EDT
[#35]
Not exactly low key but, so long as.you have pockets deep enough, carries no more obviously than any other standard pocket knife. I carry one every day, Monday through Friday, for work. This ridiculous thing does it all, from basic tasks and defense all the way up to brush trimming.    

While the Counter Point 1 would be more of a folding boot knife, the XL is more of a folding, Scottish dirk. Really a do-it-all utility dagger.    

Not my photo. I did add a Snaggletooth for faster draw, as I do with basically any folder I can. Can't recommend Snaggletooth enough.

Link Posted: 11/27/2023 11:13:31 PM EDT
[#36]
Just carry a hammer.  If anyone asks just say you have a few repairs to make when you get a couple of minutes to spare.   I would vastly prefer a hammer to a knife if I had to immediately stop a bad person from doing bad things.
Link Posted: 11/27/2023 11:16:12 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I already listed that possibly in the OP but not initially until I get the feel of my new dressed down casual look and tucked in shirt configuration at first.

I get my polo shirts Wednesday and then I'll have to wear them with dockers and see how that does then.

I'm going to probably have to get a new concealed waist band holster belt as well.

So, I'm going to have to experiment around a little bit before I feel comfortable enough to go deep carry around in the store.

It is the only grocery store in town and there likely is a lot of money on hand from time to time.

Unfortunately, the local police are generally not what I would be hoping for in a tight.

If I know this, then there are some other people in the area that know this too.

I have lived in this area for quite some time now and generally know how they operate as well.

You know?

Now it comes out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have lived in this area for quite some time now and generally know how they operate as well.

You know?

Now it comes out.

I hear ya. The Crossbreed super tuck is a good holster if you have to have your polo tucked in. The sucky part about it is the belt clips are still visible. A company called Ultimate Concealed Carry has a holster called the "hide it holster" that puts either a key ring or a cell phone case on the belt clips to hide them a bit. I have no personal experience with that one, though. Just some things to think about.

P.S. if taking multiple .338 hits in the back is Plan A, you should really come up with a Plan B.
Link Posted: 11/27/2023 11:28:11 PM EDT
[#38]
Emerson with wave feature is fastest way to deploy a knife in my opinion

Carry it clipped in your pants around center line rather than in your pocket and nobody will notice it.

Link Posted: 11/27/2023 11:33:19 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
@jaredgrey this is a thread for you
View Quote

Yes, yes it is.

My first choice be a Skallywag Tactical MDV, either fixed or folding. Fixed, I'd carry in my pocket with the rhino sheath. It lays super flat, and you can probably keep it pressed up against a cellphone in your pocket and not notice it's presence. Go do a deep dive into why it was designed the way it was. Folder has an enlongated version of the fixed blade models blade, designed to slip between ribs. It's got a bramp for opening, and unlike a wave, you can deploy it off of anything, not just your pocket.

Next choice would be a Shivworks Clinchpick. For all the reasons that they give for it being awesome. It's a Pikal that gets you out of wrist-ties.

Look into Regiment Blades. They have pistol shaped blades  designed to be punched into the target like a Sayoc tomahawk. Very low viz in both fixed and folding versions.

After that... The sky is the limit. There are HUNDREDS of knife makers making small fixed blade knives, or defensive folding knives. CRKTs minimalist series comes to mind. Station 9 makes some excellent designs too. Tops makes fixed blades like the Cali Cobra and Street Scalpel for low viz carry.

For a basic, low visual impact folder, go with one of cheaper Spyderco models. Tenacious perhaps? Or a mini folder from Buck?

Above all, get training. Find somebody in your area who teaches FMA and go give them money.
Link Posted: 11/27/2023 11:38:14 PM EDT
[#40]
Prison shank thread.
Link Posted: 11/27/2023 11:59:58 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Cut out the middle-man and just have the butcher throw the cleaver at the guy causing trouble.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Cut out the middle-man and just have the butcher throw the cleaver at the guy causing trouble.

You'll never get the glory that way.

Quoted:

Hold on, a feral cat in a backpack isn't such a terrible idea.

Just need a launcher of some sort to increase effectiveness.

Put the cat in a sling, with the ends of the sling attached to the zipper pulls with kite string. To deploy, bend at the waist, open the bag and whip the cat at the bad guy. The kite string will break away, giving you full range of motion. Basically this but with a cat:

Link Posted: 11/28/2023 12:31:17 AM EDT
[#42]
Definitely a belt buckle push knife

Extra points if you can find a belt that transforms into nun-chucks....
Link Posted: 11/28/2023 12:47:43 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Not exactly low key but, so long as.you have pockets deep enough, carries no more obviously than any other standard pocket knife. I carry one every day, Monday through Friday, for work. This ridiculous thing does it all, from basic tasks and defense all the way up to brush trimming.    

While the Counter Point 1 would be more of a folding boot knife, the XL is more of a folding, Scottish dirk. Really a do-it-all utility dagger.    

Not my photo. I did add a Snaggletooth for faster draw, as I do with basically any folder I can. Can't recommend Snaggletooth enough.

https://www.coltelleriacollini.com/media/catalog/product/cache/2d742e981ffa5c28990fe05a9b6044c9/image/683868e9/cold-steel-counter-point-xl-10aa-knife.jpg
View Quote

lmao OP says small knife and you recommend a machete

Link Posted: 11/28/2023 12:52:25 AM EDT
[#44]
Spyderco Bug hidden in your butthole...er, I mean, your sock, er whatever.  Ya know, wherever most people hide it.

Link Posted: 11/28/2023 12:54:55 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Grocery store Assistant Manager hire in. Lol
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Mall security guard?

Don't forget your plates. You'll need them to give you time to shift to Plan B.

Grocery store Assistant Manager hire in. Lol

Then you shouldn't have trouble carrying this right out in the open.  Ended up with one recently and it's actually very decently made and locks up tight.
https://www.olightstore.com/otacle-utility-edc-knife
Link Posted: 11/28/2023 1:02:01 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

https://www.coltelleriacollini.com/media/catalog/product/cache/2d742e981ffa5c28990fe05a9b6044c9/image/683868e9/cold-steel-counter-point-xl-10aa-knife.jpg
View Quote

Is this serious? This can’t be serious.
Link Posted: 11/28/2023 1:47:34 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
You mean this Plan B:

Here are a few pointers that you might want to refer to from the great Mall Ninja Gecko 45....

hello friends,

Last year I made the decision to trust my life on the street to Second Chance body armor. I got the level IIa because it stops the most rounds. plus I got the Trauma Plate for the front.

What scares me is that, although I can fit an extra trauma plate in the front, I cannot fit a second one in back. As of late I have taken to duct-taping a second trauma plate to the area of my back where the heart and vital organs are located. Then I put my vest on.

Here is the questions. The ducttape solution, although tactically sound, is hot and painful to remove. I would like to go to the single-plate solution in back. What I am worried about is repeated hits to that area with .308 ammunition. I have a high-risk security job and I fear that I would be the target for repeated long-distance shots to my back.

Are any of you aware of a thicker plate that could stop, say, .338 Lapua or something like that? Is there a better way to do the second plate?

BTW, I am, of course, usually carrying a pair of ceramic plates in my briefcase so that I can shield my head. My SO (we work as a team when necessary) has a similar accessory containing a breakdown NEF single-shot 300 WinMag with an 18  bbl. The plan is that I shield us with my body and "catch the rounds" while she assembles the NEF. I lay down covering fire with my 23 (Bar-Sto .357 Sig barrel) and she makes the long shots. I will then throw smoke grenades to obscure the area while continuing to lay covering fire. The problem, of course, is when I have to turn my back to run, and then the problem crops up.

Thanks!

Thanks to everybody for the help. I am now thinking that the best thing to do is to have my wife make an "undervest" with pouches front and rear for the additional plates. This would let me have three plates in front (probably too hot and two in back. What I'm also asking her to do is to sew in a sleeve for an ASP collapsible baton. Right now I'm taping the ASP to my right calf (the left calf is where I have my G27).It's okay for me to talk about my job, as long as I'm not specific. I am the Sergeant of a three-man Rapid Tactical Force at one of America's largest indoor retail shopping areas. [And here the myth begins"] Although there are typically between fifteen and twenty normal security officers working the beat there, we decided a while ago that it would be best to have a specilized force for violent individuals. We use modified electric vehicles and can be anywhere on a given floor within eight and a half minutes.Naturally, the regular security people are unarmed. We "RTFers", by arrangement with the local police, carry high-strength OC spray and batons. If we have a full tactical alert and permission from the local LEOs we also have a Mossberg 500 with less-lethal rounds and two K-frame Smith .38s loaded with 158gr. LRN.Basically, the situation is that we get the call, we lock up the situation, put everything five by five, and cordon the area until the local authorities arrive. We're cops, we just don't get the glory. [Somehow, I imagine the real police wouldn't agree"]I am not permitted to carry Glocks on duty; however, when my wife picks me up from work I strap on the "Deadly Duo" of a 27 and 23, each with Bar-Sto .357 bbl.I am writing a proposal to replace our current Mossberg-Smith armament with the following:

3) MP5K-PDW with red-dot sights;
2) G36 rifles using SS109 rounds;
3) Glock practical tacticles in .357 Sig
1) PSG-1 using Fed Gold Medal .308
1) Starlight scope for the PSG-1 in case we lose power in the building.
3) Glock 27 backup guns
3) Kahr P-9 holdouts
I think this would make us capable of facing nearly any situation. I'll let you know what the management says!!!
View Quote
You'll see an updated version of that once a week in GD, and serious as a heart attack.
Link Posted: 11/28/2023 2:06:26 AM EDT
[#48]
MindifIflipit.youtube

Link Posted: 11/28/2023 2:25:12 AM EDT
[#49]
CRKT Bear Claw
Link Posted: 11/28/2023 2:45:45 AM EDT
[#50]
Not the best steel, but it doesnt cost much either and will hide nicely in your waistband. Mine came razor sharp and very pointy. https://www.crkt.com/knife/lck-plus-assisted-folding-knife-with-liner-lock?sku=3801
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top