Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 1:34:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I believe it simply because of these words...

(This Is Memphis)
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 1:35:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Ever get the feeling that people come to Arfcom to try out their alibis in front of a large LEO audience before using them?

Nah. Me either.
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 1:36:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
White guy, in his 20's, not big at all, slim build, 5' 10" or so, yeah, pipe hitter.
No dag or alarm, this family has lived in this house for decades, the neighborhood has gone down hill pretty seriously in that time, but they have never had a problem and from all accounts are on good terms with everyone.

No idea if he hit anyone or not.
View Quote
I don’t think that means what you think it means.
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 1:36:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Maybe he shouldn't be hitting people with pipes
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
White guy, in his 20's, not big at all, slim build, 5' 10" or so, yeah, pipe hitter.
No dag or alarm, this family has lived in this house for decades, the neighborhood has gone down hill pretty seriously in that time, but they have never had a problem and from all accounts are on good terms with everyone.

No idea if he hit anyone or not.
Maybe he shouldn't be hitting people with pipes
Or smoking crack
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 1:36:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote
Did he smoke crack before or after getting shot?
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 1:38:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Damn time to get a dog. Prayers for a speedy recovery.
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 1:38:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 1:39:48 PM EDT
[#8]
What happened to the intruders?
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 1:39:53 PM EDT
[#9]
crazy story. Hope he recovers. Did the bad guy get away?? Cops have anything?
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 1:41:53 PM EDT
[#10]
damn!  gets shot in the head,  TWICE, gets up and goes after bad guys.

Hard core.  Glad he's alive.

he prob needs a dog.
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 1:42:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The version of events may not be accurate due to his injuries. This is what he remembers, Wed morning around 6am he was awakened by the smoke alarm. He thought his house was on fire, actually he had been shot in the head twice and the gun smoke triggered the smoke alarm, who knew? So, he got out of bed, head hurting like hell, blood every where, realized that he had been shot. He thought his mom was upstairs and heard the bad guys upstairs. So, he wrapped a blanket around his head and got a 12 ga from the closet and went to save his mom. He stumbled into the living room banged into some stuff alerted the bad guys to his presence. When he started up the stairs he was shot again thru the shoulder, which sat him down. Some where in there he fired the shotgun. He got up and ran out of the house started pounding on the neighbors door. No one opened the door because he was covered with blood and had a shotgun in his hands. Someone did call 911.

He was shot with his own pistol, possibly the bad guys creeped his room, saw his pistol on his night stand, picked it up and then he stirred or moved and he was shot. Or possibly they just shot him, no way to know.

He has a large gash across his forehead where a bullet creased him, the second shot to the head is square in the lower back of his head. Apparently this thick skull caused the bullet to fragment, they removed almost all of the bullet and bone fragments. They are worried about brain bleed, swelling and seizures, working to control all of that.
He is sitting up in bed talking to people, and working his phone. The shoulder would was thru and thru. He was shot with his own .38, hollow point ammo is all I got from him. Looks like he will recover physically, emotionally possibly a long road there, he is very upset, understandably, PTSD.

He was the only person in the house, his mom was at work, his small son was with his mom out of state, he is very lucky, could have been much worse.

Short version, young man is shot in the head twice in his sleep, wakes up, grabs a gauge and takes the fight to the bad guys, is shot a third time and retreats.

PS, TIM (This Is Memphis)
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 1:42:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Well, hasn't been anything on the local news about it that I can tell. But, I've been off work with the flu and watching more Netflix than local Memphis liberal lies. I usually watch wmctv5 or wreg3. Memphis Fox13 might have something on their website if anyone wants to check. The local paper "The Commercial Appeal" makes you have a subscription to read anything online, so no go there.

Tell him good job for me.

And no I don't want to attend any Memphis area ARFCom meet ups and watch Spartacus together.
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 1:42:47 PM EDT
[#13]
He needs better HP ammo. The stuff he loads in his night stand gun would bounce right off someone's head.

Glad he made it
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 1:43:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Well, hasn't been anything on the local news about it that I can tell. But, I've been off work with the flu and watching more Netflix than local Memphis liberal lies. I usually watch wmctv5 or wreg3. Memphis Fox13 might have something on their website if anyone wants to check. The local paper "The Commercial Appeal" makes you have a subscription to read anything online, so no go there.

Tell him good job for me.

And no I don't want to attend any Memphis area ARFCom meet ups and watch Spartacus together.
View Quote
All that and the state you list under your avatar is confusing.
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 1:49:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Best wishes for full recovery
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 1:49:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Hope your buddy heals up, mentally and physically.

I'll say it, story sounds.....suspicious. Your buddy have any history of depression or mental illness?
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 1:50:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Pipe Hitter - From the urban dictionary – “Someone or a group of people who are willing to go to the extreme in order to get things accomplished.

I should think he qualifies
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 1:52:35 PM EDT
[#18]
I'll say it, story sounds.....suspicious. Your buddy have any history of depression or mental illness?
View Quote
Nope, and for anyone who thinks he shot himself, its not possible, the wound to the back of the head is an impossible angle. Also, none of the wounds show stippling or powder burns.
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 1:54:06 PM EDT
[#19]
What kind of shitty ammo did he have in his gun?    What caliber (sorry just skimmed if you said so).
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 1:54:50 PM EDT
[#20]
epic MAGA
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 1:55:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Unlocked door?
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 1:56:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
What kind of shitty ammo did he have in his gun?    What caliber (sorry just skimmed if you said so).
View Quote
I think he said it was a .38

ETA:  I could see the story being true.  They broke in without him hearing, maybe he's a deep sleeper.  They shoot him in the head which would probably concuss him enough that when he came to he wouldn't have any recollection of what happened.
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 1:56:14 PM EDT
[#23]
What part of Memphrica?
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 1:58:04 PM EDT
[#24]
Haven't seen this one on the local news channels but you'd be surprised at the stuff that doesn't get sufficient press here.
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 1:58:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Is his name Boris?
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 1:58:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
He is sitting up in bed talking to people, and working his phone. The shoulder would was thru and thru. He was shot with his own .38, hollow point ammo is all I got from him. Looks like he will recover physically, emotionally possibly a long road there, he is very upset, understandably, PTSD.
View Quote
Dang.

I was expecting to read 9 mm.

Hope your buddy recovers, OP.
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 1:58:56 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Pipe Hitter - From the urban dictionary – “Someone or a group of people who are willing to go to the extreme in order to get things accomplished.

View Quote
And people laugh at using Wikipedia as a reference...

The term means drug addict. We can't help it some people are too stupid to understand pop culture references.
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 2:00:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Gets shot in the head twice wakes up from smoke alarm?
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 2:01:06 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

The term means drug addict. We can't help it some people are too stupid to understand pop culture references.
View Quote
That's one definition. Another is someone willing to resort to physical violence to accomplish their goals. AKA Pipe Hitters Union.
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 2:01:21 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote
Swaged double end hollow base wadcutters?
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 2:02:02 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

He smokes crack?
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 2:03:33 PM EDT
[#32]
Hope your buddy makes a full recovery OP.   If accurate, that is one hell of a thing to live through & tell the story.

Good thing he didn't sleep with a 10mm on the night stand...
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 2:03:59 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote
I think you are mistaken.

Link Posted: 2/2/2018 2:07:14 PM EDT
[#34]
I honestly thought pipe hitter meant you sucked dick or a crackpipe.
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 2:08:28 PM EDT
[#35]
Found a pic of OPs friend...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 2:09:24 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I think you are mistaken.

View Quote
So Yeager?
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 2:11:31 PM EDT
[#37]
Jesus christ.
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 2:11:35 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

That's one definition. Another is someone willing to resort to physical violence to accomplish their goals. AKA Pipe Hitters Union.
View Quote
Which only exists because people were too stupid to understand a line in a movie. One should be ashamed to use such an idiotic phrase.
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 2:12:51 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn't know it meant drug addict and I worked in ems for 6-7 years, for the coroners office, and have lots of LE friends.
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 2:12:53 PM EDT
[#40]
Because people are too fucking stupid to understand what is meant here.

Link Posted: 2/2/2018 2:13:10 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

He smokes crack?
View Quote
"imma gonna call up some hard pipe hittin n**ggas w/ blow torches n pliers and shit and get midevil on yo ass boi"
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 2:13:20 PM EDT
[#42]
I want to believe
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 2:14:01 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I didn't know it meant drug addict and I worked in ems for 6-7 years, for the coroners office, and have lots of LE friends.
View Quote
And you never heard a phrase like "hitting the pipe"?
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 2:14:49 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

"imma gonna call up some hard pipe hittin n**ggas w/ blow torches n pliers and shit and get midevil on yo ass boi"
View Quote
With a blowtorch and some pliers.
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 2:14:58 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Which only exists because people were too stupid to understand a line in a movie. One should be ashamed to use such an idiotic phrase.
View Quote
You do know that the English language evolves with time, right?
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 2:16:10 PM EDT
[#46]
The term "Pipe hitter," was originally popularized by a line in the film "Pulp Fiction."

What now? Let me tell you what now. I'ma call a coupla hard, pipe-hittin' ****s, who'll go to work on the homes here with a pair of pliers and a blow torch. You hear me talkin', hillbilly boy? I ain't through with you by a damn sight. I'ma get medieval on your ass.

As written and spoken in the film, it referred to letting a couple crack smoking gentlemen of African descent torture Zed.

Some viewers of the film unfamiliar with inner city vernacular misinterpreted "pipe hitting" as referring to badasses instead of crack users and thus the use of "pipe hitters" under a completely different meaning was born.
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 2:17:58 PM EDT
[#47]
Does your friend have a life insurance policy by chance with his son as the beneficiary? Any custody squabbles with the child's mother?
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 2:19:48 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You do know stupid people misuse language, right?
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 2:22:14 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote
This. Dumbasses misunderstood , thought it sounded "badass" and decided to call themselves crackheads, and other dumbasses admire them for it.
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 2:22:40 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top