Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 11/11/2023 1:58:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Riiiight.  The Sierra5 issue isn't an issue at all and CS is top notch..
View Quote

I did not think anyone is arguing these aren’t legit and serious issues.
Link Posted: 11/11/2023 1:58:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I did not think anyone is arguing these aren’t legit and serious issues.
View Quote

I think there is one person
Link Posted: 11/11/2023 2:02:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I’m not even saying that this is wrong. The issue is that this whole this is rumor mill and now it seems even more suspicious that a competitor is involved in spreading it. It’s like saying, “Yeah… the owner of Toyota has a former Honda guy working there saying these Honda are having all kinds of problems.”  Yet, people here like to speak to it as though it’s fact.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Again ...  you won't get the info you are specifically looking for ... it just doesn't happen ... and sure as heck DA nor KGM will do it either ... so it is always going to be hearsay ... but again ... how the Sierra 5 situation is panning out ... it isn't looking good nor actually being managed well by DA ...

I’m not even saying that this is wrong. The issue is that this whole this is rumor mill and now it seems even more suspicious that a competitor is involved in spreading it. It’s like saying, “Yeah… the owner of Toyota has a former Honda guy working there saying these Honda are having all kinds of problems.”  Yet, people here like to speak to it as though it’s fact.

I get it ... honestly, if it was an outlier ... I would dismiss it as well but with all that is going on with DA right now ... well ... let's just say the situation is def not in DA's favor right now for their current and future customer base/sales ... and what is being said, leak, hearsayed adds up to the reality of the crap storm DA has brought on themselves ... again ... a simple a press release would have mitigated this whole thing but the silence is just a slap in the face ... the ignoring of questions regarding the situation is just shameful/dirty ... not releasing sent in cans to their owners when requested is just theft at this point ... to me those three things speak volumes about how DA really cares about this ... they have lost me as a customer ...
Link Posted: 11/11/2023 2:05:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Post a direct link..

It says “Training Guns”?

Post a link to the supposed AAC contract..
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dead Air hasn't won a huge MIL contract ... ... the DEVGRU Noveske contract was about 200ish cans .. hardly a HUGE contract ...

200 cans? That doesn't make sense.

Quoted:

The post is made by owner of Griffin where the employee is now working ...

Again ... you are never going to actually get the white paper on these issues ... for one .. Dead Air wouldn't release it as it would hurt them ... two ... KGM isn't going to release it because it will hurt them (well ... this whole Sierra 5 issue has probably already hurt them big time) ... three ... CRANE isn't going to release it either ... so ... we are left with "leaks" ... however ... just looking at how DA is handling the Sierra5, ignoring it ALL TOGETHER and other issues they are currently lagging behind ... it backs up the "rumors" more so than giving them a pass and saying DA is an awesome company ... because right now ... they are treating their customers that require being serviced like absolute trash where other companies like ECCO are stepping up to the plate to address their issues and people are willing to pay ECCO to avoid DA ... that doesn't really look great for DA now does it ... to me DA has severely screwed up ... and my wanting of their new Mojave 9 can just went out the window ... I can't trust DA for after sale service now ...

I have no dog in this fight but I wouldn't use a Griffin if it was given to me.

Contract in question is regarding the Noveske guns that were pictured here on a training mission: HERE

Award N0010420CK913 ... Definitive Contract: $1,024,682.11 ... July 23, 2020 ... Description: Training Guns

Per the article each gun is around $5500 ... $1,024,682.11/$5500=186 ... so yeah ... about 200ish Noveske Training Guns sporting Dead Air cans ... you can also see the guy on the left has switched to an AAC vs DA

Post a direct link..

It says “Training Guns”?

Post a link to the supposed AAC contract..

Go to the Federal Procurement Database System and put in that contract number if you don't believe ... yes ... in the description it says training guns ... timeline checks out ...

I don't see anything from AAC in that timeline ... latest is from 2016 ... here is a Noveske SEAL gun using an AAC can vs the DeadAir contracted can on another training exercise:

Link Posted: 11/11/2023 2:21:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Contract in question is regarding the Noveske guns that were pictured here on a training mission: HERE

Award N0010420CK913 ... Definitive Contract: $1,024,682.11 ... July 23, 2020 ... Description: Training Guns

Per the article each gun is around $5500 ... $1,024,682.11/$5500=186 ... so yeah ... about 200ish Noveske Training Guns sporting Dead Air cans ...

View Quote

DEV has more than 200 Noveske's.

What you posted is for training guns.
Link Posted: 11/11/2023 2:28:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I get it ... honestly, if it was an outlier ... I would dismiss it as well but with all that is going on with DA right now ... well ... let's just say the situation is def not in DA's favor right now for their current and future customer base/sales ... and what is being said, leak, hearsayed adds up to the reality of the crap storm DA has brought on themselves ... again ... a simple a press release would have mitigated this whole thing but the silence is just a slap in the face ... the ignoring of questions regarding the situation is just shameful/dirty ... not releasing sent in cans to their owners when requested is just theft at this point ... to me those three things speak volumes about how DA really cares about this ... they have lost me as a customer ...
View Quote

Are other Sandmans failing like this?

How are they even supposed to be failing?

Without that information you can’t even say it’s an outlier or not.
Link Posted: 11/11/2023 2:41:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Other users have posted that their other dead air suppressors outside of the Sierra5 line have also been delayed in getting repaired ... alignment issues ... so not a failure but more on the QC end of things ... but the service delay is there ... regardless ... DA's after-sales service has taken a dump ...
Link Posted: 11/11/2023 2:51:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Other users have posted that their other dead air suppressors outside of the Sierra5 line have also been delayed in getting repaired ... alignment issues ... so not a failure but more on the QC end of things ... but the service delay is there ... regardless ... DA's after-sales service has taken a dump ...
View Quote

As has been repeated a number of times, the repair delays are well documented.

What does that have to do with .mil Sandmans failing in some undisclosed way?
Link Posted: 11/11/2023 2:52:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Just stumbled across this thread.

Mike Pappas is top notch and when he was at SiCo his customer service was outstanding. This is weird to see.
Link Posted: 11/11/2023 2:59:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

As has been repeated a number of times, the repair delays are well documented.

What does that have to do with .mil Sandmans failing in some undisclosed way?
View Quote

Failing of the Sandmans come from what has been reported by GreenO ... take it however you want ... seeing old AAC cans on the new Noveske training rifles also at least backs up or gives credit to what has been said on here ... we, on the civilian side can only decipher so much ... we don't have access to internal .mil docs ... so ... for me ... seeing what Green0 has posted about what the former DA employee said, DA selling CRANE rejected .mil Sandman cans to the civilian market with sharpie markings where alignment wasn't concentric and seeing well-used AAC cans on the new Noveske training guns tells me at least that yeah there is something going on with DA's QC ... and I should tread lightly about buying anything from them right now or sending anything in ...
Link Posted: 11/11/2023 3:15:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Failing of the Sandmans come from what has been reported by GreenO ... take it however you want ... seeing old AAC cans on the new Noveske training rifles also at least backs up or gives credit to what has been said on here ... we, on the civilian side can only decipher so much ... we don't have access to internal .mil docs ... so ... for me ... seeing what Green0 has posted about what the former DA employee said, DA selling CRANE rejected .mil Sandman cans to the civilian market with sharpie markings where alignment wasn't concentric and seeing well-used AAC cans on the new Noveske training guns tells me at least that yeah there is something going on with DA's QC ... and I should tread lightly about buying anything from them right now or sending anything in ...
View Quote

Wait…. so you’re saying DA was selling cans which were already known to be defective on the civilian market due to identified concentricity issues which will knowingly cause baffle strikes?

Do I have that right?
Link Posted: 11/11/2023 3:18:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Per the article each gun is around $5500 ... $1,024,682.11/$5500=186 ... so yeah ... about 200ish Noveske Training Guns sporting Dead Air cans ...

There are other POs worth a good bit $3.5mil ish ... they just show "Rifles" in the descriptions ...
Link Posted: 11/11/2023 3:20:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Wait…. so you’re saying DA was selling cans which were already known to be defective on the civilian market due to identified concentricity issues which will knowingly cause baffle strikes?

Do I have that right?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do I have that right?

That is what has been said/alleged by others about the sharpie marks on the end caps regarding the .mil Sandmans that were sold to civis ...
Link Posted: 11/11/2023 3:21:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

That is what has been said/alleged by others about the sharpie marks on the end caps regarding the .mil Sandmans that were sold to civis ...
View Quote

Alleged by who? More employees from Griffen?
Link Posted: 11/11/2023 3:28:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

As I mentioned earlier, I've also read of people having repair delays with KGM before the Sierra 5 fiasco started.
Link Posted: 11/11/2023 3:30:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

As I mentioned earlier, I've also read of people having repair delays with KGM before the Sierra 5 fiasco started.
View Quote

Why would Dead Air choose them to make their products if that was the case?
Link Posted: 11/11/2023 3:37:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Just stumbled across this thread.

Mike Pappas is top notch and when he was at SiCo his customer service was outstanding. This is weird to see.
View Quote

He's as solid as they come. But Rodney and others leaving recently is odd.
Link Posted: 11/11/2023 3:44:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just search …
Link Posted: 11/11/2023 3:45:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There probably weren't any delays when Dead Air first partnered with them.

My uneducated guess is that the volume of cans Dead Air brought them may have overwhelmed them a bit. Throw a warranty problem like the Sierra 5 on top of an already overwhelming volume of cans and even more delays are inevitable.

If there potentially is a problem with the baffles they are being supplied with, that could add a third company's warranty department to the mix.

I don't like the silence any more than you guys do, but having seen how large warranty problems are handled behind the scenes, I have some sympathy for the position Dead Air might be in.
Link Posted: 11/11/2023 3:48:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

They have for years now …
Link Posted: 11/11/2023 3:53:19 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

There probably weren't any delays when Dead Air first partnered with them.

My uneducated guess is that the volume of cans Dead Air brought them may have overwhelmed them a bit. Throw a warranty problem like the Sierra 5 on top of an already overwhelming volume of cans and even more delays are inevitable.

If there potentially is a problem with the baffles they are being supplied with, that could add a third company's warranty department to the mix.

I don't like the silence any more than you guys do, but having seen how large warranty problems are handled behind the scenes, I have some sympathy for the position Dead Air might be in.
View Quote

I have no sympathy for them as a result of the manner in which they have chosen to respond to their issues. I have a feeling there would be a lot more sympathy and understanding from the community as a whole if they weren’t simply pretending there was no problem and doing their best to ignore their customers.
Link Posted: 11/11/2023 4:02:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Just search …
View Quote

So more rumor mill shit. Ok.
Link Posted: 11/11/2023 4:20:33 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Sorry guys I finally bought one and now the company is shit

This follows the other trends in silencers I have bought

Started with AAC. Everyone raved. I buy M4-2000. Now everyone likes Surefire

I then proceed to buy a Surefire. By the time I receive it is now laughed at at being a loud can.

In comes dead air. Oh shit everyone loves them. Best thing since sliced bread. Oh look at the wolfman, neat badass can.

I remember to wait it out this time. I finally buy years later and all of a sudden DA is shit

Fuck
View Quote

Lol. Sad but so true.
Link Posted: 11/11/2023 5:15:22 PM EDT
[#24]
I heard a rumor that devgru had their armorers take their brand new Noveske rifles and put an old AAC muzzle device on them so they could use AAC cans because the Dead Air Sandmans are actually too sweet.

They came to a consensus amongst their shooters that the Sandman was actually TOO good and it was giving them an unfair advantage in war and they wanted to even things up a bit.

That makes sense why all the recent pics of new Noveske guns with old cans have been seen.
Link Posted: 11/11/2023 5:33:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

@Tobysi

We have a 60,000 sq foot manufacturing facility.  We make our cans, muzzle devices, pistons etc, and a lot of other stuff in house- mk2 lowers, scope mounts, rails, buffers, charging handles.  I proved out a new bolt carrier last week (complete part in one operation on one cnc machine) and we are making bolts next week. We laser engrave, weld, test fire heat treat and paint in house.

Its not all fun to manufacture- it involves daily challenges, and a lot of hard work, but it allows a company to control quality, and allows us to do things in development in weeks that would take some companies without the vertical integration a year.
View Quote

Very cool. Thanks!
Link Posted: 11/11/2023 5:36:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

@S-1

Why not? Genuinely curious, I have no dog in the fight either.
Link Posted: 11/11/2023 6:36:23 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Sorry guys I finally bought one and now the company is shit

This follows the other trends in silencers I have bought......
View Quote
Happened to me with huntertown arms. I only got one from them but its built like a tank. I imagine if it ever breaks its cause it fell into a woodchipper......... if it doesnt break the woodchipper first

Everything else I own is SiCo. Thankfully they're still in business and their customer service is excellent. Just recently had a specwar coverted to saker specs. New core, the whole shebang for $350

Link Posted: 11/11/2023 6:39:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 11/11/2023 8:36:31 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

200 cans? That doesn't make sense.

View Quote

I have a few Griffin cans and they have responded to every single question I have ever asked them. On email usually within 30 minutes of them being open. I have also called and spoken to them. I have had zero issues with their cans. In particular Jack answered my questions and it was about a 25 email string
Link Posted: 11/11/2023 8:51:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Ah suppressors...  Some aren't issues and are not listed here.

-I initially bought an AAC Prodigy.  I sent it in for the new core.  Fine (even desirable due to weight) on rifles, still sucks on pistols.  No matter, I have a Sparrow for that and now that's obsolete too.
-I bought an AAC 762SD, had the 18 tooth spring pressure only mount.  Discontinued shortly after!
-I bought a SWR Trident 9, company went bye-bye.
-I bought an AAC M4 2000, and from this thread I hear there are 51 tooth ratchet issues!
-I have other AACs, but the company changed hands after my purchases and went bad.

Boo DriftPunch!  I was a teen thus didn't have the cash, but apparently I'd be the dude that purchased a Delorian in the 80s.
Link Posted: 11/11/2023 8:55:42 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Have you experienced a DA can failure op?

Are you reading these reports from redditors who throw their suppressor on a non-concentric $49 Bear Creak threaded barrel and wonder why they get strikes?

DA has been great.
View Quote
Are you fucking high? Have you not followed the shit show that is the Sierra? Seriously?
Link Posted: 11/11/2023 8:59:23 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

-I initially bought an AAC Prodigy.  I sent it in for the new core.  Fine (even desirable due to weight) on rifles, still sucks on pistols.  No matter, I have a Sparrow for that and now that's obsolete too.
-I bought an AAC 762SD, had the 18 tooth spring pressure only mount.  Discontinued shortly after!
-I bought an AAC M4 2000, and from this thread I hear there are 51 tooth ratchet issues!
-I have other AACs, but the company changed hands after my purchases and went bad.

Boo DriftPunch!  I was a teen thus didn't have the cash, but apparently I'd be the dude that purchased a Delorian in the 80s.
View Quote

Oh don't feel so bad
I have 6 AAC cans and all are obsolete
I have 6 Gemtech cans and all are obsolete
I have a few Sound tech and coastal cans that are all obsolete
I have about 16 cans that are all obsolete from 2002-2008
I just bought 17 in (2023)more cans and at least the only dead air I have is the mask
Link Posted: 11/11/2023 9:41:11 PM EDT
[#33]
So, the Sandman-S FDE Military Contract overrun cans - "SMS-MIL- NORCROSS, GA" - these are legit defective?

These cans that are still being sold as we speak are defective?

https://www.silencershop.com/sandman-s-fde-military-contract.html
Link Posted: 11/11/2023 9:46:01 PM EDT
[#34]
I have a wolfman with the black sharpie mark on the end cap. Did i get a fucked up can?
Link Posted: 11/11/2023 10:00:49 PM EDT
[#35]
Best way to check is alignment rod ...

Official word if I remember correctly from DA to some posts about the sharpie marks is where the alignment rod favored that side more ... but if you have issues ... just send it in ... well ... some have ... some are still waiting on getting it back ... if my memory serves well ... a guy took two trips to DA before his can passed an alignment rod check ...
Link Posted: 11/12/2023 12:51:02 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

Your AAC cans are not obsolete. They’re some of the best suppressors ever made.  Why is your Sparrow obsolete?  762SD can be changed to the 51T. SWR was taken over by SiCo - is there a problem with that can?  M4 2K is still one of the best cans ever made and there is no problem with the 51T - bunch of guys who shoot it once and cry because it backs off a tooth. If you actually shoot with the damn thing your problem will be getting it off.

What new technology has made all of your cans obsolete?
Link Posted: 11/12/2023 9:25:49 AM EDT
[#37]
I have AAC Pilot
I have AAC Dragon Fly which is hollywood quiet
I have AAC Evolution 9
I have AAC Striker 2
I have Gemtech Outback
I have Gemtech M4-02
I have Gemtech Vortex 9
I have Gemtech Trinity
I have a Soundtech M2
I have Coastal M22 for 10/22
And a few more
AAC and Gemtech are no longer supported
Link Posted: 11/12/2023 9:33:06 AM EDT
[#38]

I agree the M4-2000 is one of the best ever made  ... if you have 51t issues ... ECCO can HUB it ... sadly M4-2000 wasn't available anymore when I bought my first can ... but I tell ya ... YHM has been a solid performer for me with the R2, R9 and their Phantom 22 can ...
Link Posted: 11/12/2023 9:33:11 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Your AAC cans are not obsolete. They're some of the best suppressors ever made.  Why is your Sparrow obsolete?  762SD can be changed to the 51T. SWR was taken over by SiCo - is there a problem with that can?  M4 2K is still one of the best cans ever made and there is no problem with the 51T - bunch of guys who shoot it once and cry because it backs off a tooth. If you actually shoot with the damn thing your problem will be getting it off.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your AAC cans are not obsolete. They're some of the best suppressors ever made.  Why is your Sparrow obsolete?  762SD can be changed to the 51T. SWR was taken over by SiCo - is there a problem with that can?  M4 2K is still one of the best cans ever made and there is no problem with the 51T - bunch of guys who shoot it once and cry because it backs off a tooth. If you actually shoot with the damn thing your problem will be getting it off.

This was more hyperbole than anything as I'm not really disappointed with any (except for the Prodigy on pistols).

I just find it funny that for about half my cans get modded, discontinued or the company changes/dies very shortly after I take possession.
Link Posted: 11/12/2023 10:01:10 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

AAC is back and more alive & well than ever before.

They are performing conversions for their old mounts to their new design where your old can can be upgraded to their Ranger 5 or 7 through the restoration program.

Plenty of threads on this in the suppressor forum.

Link Posted: 11/12/2023 10:08:58 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Go to the Federal Procurement Database System and put in that contract number if you don't believe ... yes ... in the description it says training guns ... timeline checks out ...

I don't see anything from AAC in that timeline ... latest is from 2016 ... here is a Noveske SEAL gun using an AAC can vs the DeadAir contracted can on another training exercise:

https://i.redd.it/q0ansdu6og8a1.jpg
View Quote

Thank you, much appreciated and exactly my point, DA has one and AAC does not.

Two pictures of obviously old cans aren't enough for AAC to start all this drama.

"Training Guns" probably means: Green Team, Demos, etc.
Link Posted: 11/12/2023 10:58:05 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

They are performing conversions for their old mounts to their new design where your old can can be upgraded to their Ranger 5 or 7 through the restoration program.

View Quote

Interesting as I had called them and they said sorry we don't support the older cans....I will look into this. Thanks!
Link Posted: 11/12/2023 11:04:43 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

Looks like that won't help me with my Evo 9 and Striker 2
Link Posted: 11/12/2023 6:55:27 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Interesting!

Have both a 18T 762SD and a 51 Tooth M4 2000.

However, what's "Plug Welded"
Link Posted: 11/12/2023 7:43:30 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Interesting!

Have both a 18T 762SD and a 51 Tooth M4 2000.

However, what's "Plug Welded"
View Quote

"Plug welded" is when rather than just joining two edges together, one layer has a hole in it that is filled with weld.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/12/2023 7:56:14 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

AAC Employees?
Link Posted: 11/12/2023 7:59:30 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

That is because they are a marketing firm not a manufacturer ...
View Quote

So they don’t do any design at all?  I find that hard to believe.
Link Posted: 11/12/2023 8:49:13 PM EDT
[#48]
Looks like Dead Air went from deleting comments on their IG to limiting who can actually leave comments.

What a bunch of chickenshits, that’s the equivalent to sticking your fingers in your ears and yelling LA LA LA LALA when anyone says something you don’t want to hear.
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 10:06:26 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

So they don’t do any design at all?  I find that hard to believe.
View Quote

They do design/engineer it … part of it … but they do zero manufacturing at DA … they really have no control over a finished product unless they QC them properly … DA should vertically integrate …

At the end. DA needs to set the record straight with their customers and industry right now because what they are doing is an utter and complete failure … they could have avoided all this banter with an honest press release or better yet a RECALL …
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 4:32:04 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

SWR got bought by SilencerCo.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top