BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 8:22:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

"sexual passage of the female from the vulva to the uterus," 1680s, medical Latin, from specialized use of Latin vagina "sheath, scabbard, covering

View Quote

Funny….

Two things:

1.  I never specifically mentioned any female body parts.

And

2.  It is never a male ARFcomer who tries to correct me saying that the word “vagina”  comes from some word meaning “sheath”.

Link Posted: 1/10/2024 8:32:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
First 5 seconds - ear plugs and tat sleeves - damaged goods
First 30 seconds - daddy issues.
First 90 seconds - parents drug dealers (but all sober now! )
First 100 seconds - 16 years old, skipping school doing drugs, drinking, expelled and arrested at 18

View Quote

Why do you hate freedom, bro?
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 8:43:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Watching that made me feel better about my parenting.
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 8:50:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

That's a great interview.  I never thought to look at marriage as failed technology.  Romantic prenups was a harder sell, but I get it.  Hyperlink and embedded:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5z8-9Op2nM&ab_channel=SoftWhiteUnderbelly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5z8-9Op2nM
View Quote

That was a great interview.

I watched/listened to the whole thing.

EDIT:

The divorce lawyer talks about a poem Joseph Brodsky wrote about the death of his wife, and specifically the line about NOT knowing astronomy  when the stars come out:

I wish you were here, dear,
I wish you were here.
I wish you sat on the sofa
and I sat near.
The handkerchief could be yours,
the tear could be mine, chin-bound.
Though it could be, of course,
the other way around.

I wish you were here.
I wish we were in my car
and you'd shift the gear.
We'd find ourselves elsewhere,
on an unknown shore.
Or else we'd repair
to where we've been before.

I wish you were here.
I wish I knew no astronomy
when stars appear,
when the moon skims the water
that sighs and shifts in its slumber.
I wish it were still a quarter
to dial your number.

in this hemisphere,
as I sit on the porch
sipping a beer.
It's evening, the sun is setting;
boys shout and gulls are crying.
What's the point of forgetting
if it's followed by dying?
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 9:57:56 AM EDT
[#5]
2 and a half minutes in. Can't take that irritating fucking voice anymore.
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 10:02:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Funny….

Two things:

1.  I never specifically mentioned any female body parts.

And

2.  It is never a male ARFcomer who tries to correct me saying that the word “vagina”  comes from some word meaning “sheath”.

View Quote

Funny.

1.  You're not the first nor the last here who has tried to make the false connection to the *wandering vagina*.  You post it in a thread about a woman cheating and are really going to sit here and try the plausible deniability thing?  

And

2.  I can't imagine why that would be the case.       Also, I didn't try to correct you.  I did correct you.  

I know it won't stick as, as you just mentioned, you've been corrected before and still choose to post nonsense but perhaps it may prevent someone more scrupulous from passing it on and looking so ignorant.  
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 10:18:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

That's a great interview.  I never thought to look at marriage as failed technology.  Romantic prenups was a harder sell, but I get it.  Hyperlink and embedded:

View Quote

The guy is right about a bunch of things, but his opinion of marriage being a negligent activity due to the BLI analysis is flawed because it proceeds on the assumption that couples that don't get married stay together, or at least break up at a lower rate than marriage. Since unmarried relationships that break up aren't counted statistically, there's no way to compare the two. One could just as easily argue that unmarried breakups are 75%, so getting married is the safer of the two options.
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 10:21:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Hey somebody else found her
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 10:31:08 AM EDT
[#9]
I liked the part where she said the exhusband has a habit of picking bad women. Could t watch her anymore.
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 10:34:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

This interview deserves it's own topic.  I've been married 23 years.  Way more ups than downs, and both my wife and I agree we have a good relationship.

This interview should be required listening for anyone either considering a relationship or in one.  I'm going to have my 18 year old son listen to it.
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 10:39:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Holy s*** Opie thanks for the introduction. Divorced last year. This is one of the greatest interviews I have ever watched on youtube. Gentlemen, do yourself a favor and watch it. And no I don't know how to hyperlink. Kill me.

https://youtu.be/o5z8-9Op2nM?si=oBY0NekN4BzUxJe3

I finally saw the attorney video this week and just amazes me that despite all the wisdom he has on marriage and relationships, he still couldn't keep a marriage and doesn't believe that people need it.

One thing I loved was the beginning of the video where he was saying a 90 yr old guy marrying a 50 yr old is still thinking with his dick...where I agree with him. I'm still hoping menopause takes away my sexual desire so I can graduate into spinsterhood and live with a house full of dogs

Relationships take a lot of work and focus where right now I have so much going on I literally am gonna have to shut down and focus cuz the emotional turmoil from heart stuff is distracting me from getting some stuff I need done.
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 10:53:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Hwy voice is worse than nails on a chalkboard.
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 10:57:21 AM EDT
[#13]
42 seconds and I was done.
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 10:59:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Tag for later
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 11:03:08 AM EDT
[#15]
My favorite part was where she revealed that her husband was not the biological father of the children, but he chose to raise them as his own after he found out. She dismisses this as him trying to control her. It has nothing to do with him, wanting to remain, a father to the children that he believed were his. It’s just about control. That attitude betrays a lack of empathy. She could be as sociopath, she could be on the autism spectrum, she could be a narcissist, but I suspect she is incapable of empathizing with other people, and views them as objects rather than  Living thinking and feeling human beings.

There Has to be a symbol test that people can use to determine if a prospective partner is capable of feeling empathy. It would save a great deal of heartache.
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 11:30:16 AM EDT
[#16]
She keeps rolling her eyes looking at the ceiling while talking like she might have done as a kid.

A drug addict's maturity level freezes at the age they start on drugs.

Not fat but not very attractive.  

One day she will end up the weird bag lady talking to herself pushing a shopping cart.
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 12:17:45 PM EDT
[#17]
My ex is narcissistic. The list of things she did that hurt people is just too long.

Our daughter is following in her footsteps. It’s terribly sad.

Our daughter wrote a book on how she has been able to overcome the horrible treatment she got from her mother, me, her first husband, her second husband, and likely her third husband.

Some of what she posts is so very cringeworthy. Her accusations against me are over-the-top.

I’m very up front about my mental illness. I use it some times to explain but never to justify my actions.

The worst situation is when someone has a litany of problems and a history of bad choices, but claims they are perfect but everyone else is wrong.
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 12:24:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
clicked here expecting early Blue Oyster Cult
View Quote

Same, that's because we're old.
I could only handle 2 minutes of horse teeth girl. Had to bail.
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 1:54:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

This interview deserves it's own topic.  I've been married 23 years.  Way more ups than downs, and both my wife and I agree we have a good relationship.

This interview should be required listening for anyone either considering a relationship or in one.  I'm going to have my 18 year old son listen to it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Absolutely…. So many good lines!

“Falling feels like flying for a while…”.
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 3:05:19 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Funny.

1.  You're not the first nor the last here who has tried to make the false connection to the *wandering vagina*.  You post it in a thread about a woman cheating and are really going to sit here and try the plausible deniability thing?  

And

2.  I can't imagine why that would be the case.       Also, I didn't try to correct you.  I did correct you.  

I know it won't stick as, as you just mentioned, you've been corrected before and still choose to post nonsense but perhaps it may prevent someone more scrupulous from passing it on and looking so ignorant.  
View Quote

Want to venture a guess of where I first read that “vagrant, vagabond, vagus nerve” thing?

And if my memory is correct, that is only the second or third time I have ever posted it here in GD in the 10+ years I have been here.

Funny, how you are keeping track of the times you have TRIED to correct me or anyone else about the “sheath” thing.

But, hey, you keep doing you.

Link Posted: 1/10/2024 3:10:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Want to venture a guess of where I first read that “vagrant, vagabond, vagus nerve” thing?

And if my memory is correct, that is only the second or third time I have ever posted it here in GD in the 10+ years I have been here.

Funny, how you are keeping track of the times you have TRIED to correct me or anyone else about the “sheath” thing.

But, hey, you keep doing you.

View Quote

No idea.  Don't care.  

I didn't say it was always you who posted it but it has been posted many times.  

I don't believe I've ever been the one to post the correct etymology until now.  Usually Jane gets to it first.  I don't *keep track*, but I do notice.  

Same.  
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 3:11:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

The guy is right about a bunch of things, but his opinion of marriage being a negligent activity due to the BLI analysis is flawed because it proceeds on the assumption that couples that don't get married stay together, or at least break up at a lower rate than marriage. Since unmarried relationships that break up aren't counted statistically, there's no way to compare the two. One could just as easily argue that unmarried breakups are 75%, so getting married is the safer of the two options.
View Quote

It is like the old mantra I see repeated here in GD all the time when some thread like “Do you conceal and carry all the time?"

And somebody or 3 GD’ers will post:

It’s not about the odds.  It’s about the stakes!

EDIT:  he compared the 56% divorce rate to going outside and a bowling ball drop and hit you  in the head 56% of the time.  Eventually you’ll learn to just stay inside all the time.  Or you will wear a helmet.

Link Posted: 1/10/2024 3:24:26 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
She keeps rolling her eyes looking at the ceiling while talking like she might have done as a kid.

A drug addict's maturity level freezes at the age they start on drugs.

Not fat but not very attractive.  

One day she will end up the weird bag lady talking to herself pushing a shopping cart.
View Quote

When Dr. Drew and Adam Corolla had their radio show “Loveline”, and people would call in, Dr. Drew was real quick to point out women callers who reverted to their little girl voice when talking about sex and relationships.  In fact, multiple times, Dr. Drew seemed brutal or relentless when these “women” callers would switch their voices:  “OKAY!  At what age were you sexually abused?"

So this interview reminded me of that radio show, and I couldn’t help but thinking of her as some little girl who got in trouble and was getting a talking to from the principal.  Yes, the looking up at the ceiling thing and the weird timing of her smiles caught my eye too.

Link Posted: 1/10/2024 3:38:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Yeah, they way those teeth are crammed in her mouth is almost as bad of a warning as the purple hair.
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 3:45:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
My favorite part was where she revealed that her husband was not the biological father of the children, but he chose to raise them as his own after he found out. She dismisses this as him trying to control her. It has nothing to do with him, wanting to remain, a father to the children that he believed were his. It’s just about control. That attitude betrays a lack of empathy. She could be as sociopath, she could be on the autism spectrum, she could be a narcissist, but I suspect she is incapable of empathizing with other people, and views them as objects rather than  Living thinking and feeling human beings.

There Has to be a symbol test that people can use to determine if a prospective partner is capable of feeling empathy. It would save a great deal of heartache.
View Quote

She said numerous times that her X “laid hands on her a few times”.

So, yeah, makes tons of sense to me….commit the most egregious of betrayals against a man who is already prone to violence.

The gravity of the situation hasn’t really set in with her.

For example:

Flight attendant wife’s body gets fed through chipper shredder.  Airline pilot husband gets out 20 years early.

EDIT:  also, the X gave her the chance “to get out in front of it” when he got the paternity test results, and yet she did nothing.  

1.  She wasn’t smart enough to shut down all her facebook / social media stuff during the divorce???

2.  She couldn’t figure out that his next move…. “Pulling the pin”… was to broadcast her skankiness and betrayal all over Facebook???

Link Posted: 1/20/2024 12:34:53 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Dunno if you’re trying to do satire, but your life experience sounds terrible.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
First 100 seconds - 16 years old, skipping school doing drugs, drinking, expelled and arrested at 18

This doesn't mean shit.  My wife had daddy issues, didn't have parent drug dealing issues but her mom was a drunk nurse........she was skipping school at 16 and kicked out of the house, kicked out of school, sleeping under a bush at 17.  And she's freaking amazing.

Meanwhile, my second wife had a much more strict Catholic upbringing of privilege, the only issue for her was her dad leaving her and her mom when she was a young girl - she turned out to be a narcissistic train wreck in our marriage.  

Similarly, I had a relationship with a woman who was extremely narcissistic and materialistic....and a absolute whore who was completely free of any ethics whatsoever when it came to fidelity.  She had these grandiose exaggerated mannerisms like this woman does too.  She came from a strong intact family and never wanted for anything - materially or relationally.

Dunno if you’re trying to do satire, but your life experience sounds terrible.

My upbringing was harsher than my love life.  None of it is satire.
Link Posted: 1/20/2024 12:35:35 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Agreed....

Just cuz you came from shit, doesn't mean you have to give into being shit.

I finally watched the video the other day and was gonna post here - but, after seeing the majority of responses putting the blame on the woman alone, I opted to talk to my buddy about it.

Well, here goes.

I think that she IS a POS....I also think that the guy who wifed' her is a POS too....

Her being a POS?

I came from a shitty upbringing and can tell you stories I heard on Dr. Laura and of a news anchor in Atlanta who was a foster child. Early, in my tweens I decided I was gonna focus on school, where being in a country where Spanish was my 2nd language and my parents gave zero fucks if I finished school, I graduated top 10% of the class and moved onto internships. I got my math skills down and was going to go to a university for computer, engineering, etc. geeks - but I couldn't afford the tuition. The guy I was seeing at that time (for several years), advised me to try for the Army (his dad was a gringo)....and poof, here I am years later with a Masters, etc.

I saw drugs growing up. I knew where to buy drugs and drugs were cheap over there. I could have done like my sisters and not finish school, have a bunch of illegit kids, etc. - but I've remained childless and never married. I also have half-brothers and sisters (from both my dad and mom), who ruined their lives with drugs, addictions, etc.

Now, I may not have had the best relationships with men over the years - but I'm no garden tool. I also made the decision in my tweens NEVER to bring a child into my mess. I almost fell for the Feminist bull and was going to have a kid and try to raise it on my own (cuz men suck, right?) and thank God I found Dr. Laura and like her, became a reformed Feminist.

So, we all have CHOICES - where I can bring up other real life stories of women who came from shit and did not become shit.

I don't feel sorry for her in the least. She is NO victim.

Her ex-hubby being a POS?

Guys like him are not saints. They see weak and/or broken women and think that they can "control" them by wifing them and make them financially and/or emotionally dependent on them. They especially like druggies, alcoholics, etc. - makes them even more dependent and easier to control. But these guys are idiots and eventually the women (like her) take them on a ride and play them like the fools they are. And, these guys never learn. They just move onto the next dependent chick they think they can control, and get played over and over again.

So, both him and her play a passive/agressive game with each other...She's too lazy to go out in the world and become independent, so she leeches off of him, but cuz she can't stand the abuse, she "sticks" it to him by fucking around and irresponsibly getting knocked up. He's too insecure to go out there and get a good, independent woman - so he pretends like he's a "victim" and sticks around, pretending to be a White Knight for her and the bastard children.

I could go on and on...but both she and her ex-husband are POSs and shame on all of them (including the guys she cheated with) for bringing children into their hell.

So let me dawn on my flame retardant garb and get ready to be flamed....I really give zero fucks, bringing it on!!!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This doesn't mean shit.  My wife had daddy issues, didn't have parent drug dealing issues but her mom was a drunk nurse........she was skipping school at 16 and kicked out of the house, kicked out of school, sleeping under a bush at 17.  And she's freaking amazing.

Meanwhile, my second wife had a much more strict Catholic upbringing of privilege, the only issue for her was her dad leaving her and her mom when she was a young girl - she turned out to be a narcissistic train wreck in our marriage.  

Similarly, I had a relationship with a woman who was extremely narcissistic and materialistic....and a absolute whore who was completely free of any ethics whatsoever when it came to fidelity.  She had these grandiose exaggerated mannerisms like this woman does too.  She came from a strong intact family and never wanted for anything - materially or relationally.

Agreed....

Just cuz you came from shit, doesn't mean you have to give into being shit.

I finally watched the video the other day and was gonna post here - but, after seeing the majority of responses putting the blame on the woman alone, I opted to talk to my buddy about it.

Well, here goes.

I think that she IS a POS....I also think that the guy who wifed' her is a POS too....

Her being a POS?

I came from a shitty upbringing and can tell you stories I heard on Dr. Laura and of a news anchor in Atlanta who was a foster child. Early, in my tweens I decided I was gonna focus on school, where being in a country where Spanish was my 2nd language and my parents gave zero fucks if I finished school, I graduated top 10% of the class and moved onto internships. I got my math skills down and was going to go to a university for computer, engineering, etc. geeks - but I couldn't afford the tuition. The guy I was seeing at that time (for several years), advised me to try for the Army (his dad was a gringo)....and poof, here I am years later with a Masters, etc.

I saw drugs growing up. I knew where to buy drugs and drugs were cheap over there. I could have done like my sisters and not finish school, have a bunch of illegit kids, etc. - but I've remained childless and never married. I also have half-brothers and sisters (from both my dad and mom), who ruined their lives with drugs, addictions, etc.

Now, I may not have had the best relationships with men over the years - but I'm no garden tool. I also made the decision in my tweens NEVER to bring a child into my mess. I almost fell for the Feminist bull and was going to have a kid and try to raise it on my own (cuz men suck, right?) and thank God I found Dr. Laura and like her, became a reformed Feminist.

So, we all have CHOICES - where I can bring up other real life stories of women who came from shit and did not become shit.

I don't feel sorry for her in the least. She is NO victim.

Her ex-hubby being a POS?

Guys like him are not saints. They see weak and/or broken women and think that they can "control" them by wifing them and make them financially and/or emotionally dependent on them. They especially like druggies, alcoholics, etc. - makes them even more dependent and easier to control. But these guys are idiots and eventually the women (like her) take them on a ride and play them like the fools they are. And, these guys never learn. They just move onto the next dependent chick they think they can control, and get played over and over again.

So, both him and her play a passive/agressive game with each other...She's too lazy to go out in the world and become independent, so she leeches off of him, but cuz she can't stand the abuse, she "sticks" it to him by fucking around and irresponsibly getting knocked up. He's too insecure to go out there and get a good, independent woman - so he pretends like he's a "victim" and sticks around, pretending to be a White Knight for her and the bastard children.

I could go on and on...but both she and her ex-husband are POSs and shame on all of them (including the guys she cheated with) for bringing children into their hell.

So let me dawn on my flame retardant garb and get ready to be flamed....I really give zero fucks, bringing it on!!!

Good on you girl, virtual high five.  No BS from me, I feel you, and that's a good hot take on the possibilities.
Link Posted: 1/20/2024 12:40:49 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
You know what's always baffled me?  How people don't know immediately that there's something *not right* with someone.  

Seriously, it takes all of 10 seconds of watching/listening to someone like this to know they're completely off their rocker and should be avoided.  Her body language, breathing patterns, facial expressions, vocal intonations, etc. all point to mental/emotional problems.  

I don't care what they look like or what they actually say----it's the above stuff that is so blatantly obvious to me but apparently flies under the radar for so many others.
View Quote

I'm going to be brutally honest here, up until I was about 40, I would have run across her and thought "not bad looking, not fat, kind of a freak, if she is up for a BJ and  some freaky sex I'll take her for a spin!"  Then the sex is good and then next thing you know, you're trying to have a relationship with someone you should have pumped and dumped, because you really aren't all about the pump and dump, you're just trying to get laid reliably..........
Link Posted: 1/20/2024 12:43:53 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Sampling bias and or salience bias:  i.e. you always hear about all the adult shitbirds blaming their shitty childhoods for how they turned out.

Boo-fucking-hoo!

How many CEO’s, doctors, lawyers, etcetera, etcetera had shitty childhoods but were able to move past that and actually make something out of their lives?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Listening to his interviews on other channels he says it all comes back to childhood trauma.

Sampling bias and or salience bias:  i.e. you always hear about all the adult shitbirds blaming their shitty childhoods for how they turned out.

Boo-fucking-hoo!

How many CEO’s, doctors, lawyers, etcetera, etcetera had shitty childhoods but were able to move past that and actually make something out of their lives?

Link Posted: 1/20/2024 12:44:55 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

Dead nuts on.

That and the body language screams crazy.
Link Posted: 1/20/2024 12:48:36 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Her home town of Griffith and surrounding larger communities spit out these examples of life crushing hoeflation at an alarming rate.
View Quote

“Region Rats”. Some big titty Polish girls came outta there.

Griffin actually send to be the high class town in the Gary/Hammond/EC Steel Mll region.
Link Posted: 1/20/2024 12:53:38 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

The control thing, in American women, is similar to the "white racist" beliefs of a lot of black people.  They may experience something negative in their life, such as other people making fun of their pants, getting fired from a job, or having someone cut them off in traffic..........but because the elements of society that pander to them smash them over the head all day every day that white people are still racist and holding them down around every corner, they automatically believe that whenever something bad happens, it's because of "racism".  It just becomes something to socially leverage for social advantage.

Similarly, women have been beat over the head in popular culture, magazines, TV, media, the internet, etc (ESPECIALLY the purple haired hipster set, but not excluding all culture) that men = patriarchy and all men are out to control and dominate women.  When your very core worldview is a product of that media, then no matter what faults a man has, it's all going to boil down to "he's trying to control me".  

I had a GF one summer who was openly putting herself out there looking for another rung on the ladder so to speak.  I told her I was unhappy with it, and told her that if we were going to have an exclusive relationship as we allegedly had, I didn't want her ditching me to take beach vacations, with elements of her family, and with other single guys around that she had history with.

That wasn't "setting boundaries" or discussing what is appropriate, that was "oh, he's trying to control me".

Of course I found out later that she really was whoring around, and the "you're being controlling" was just gaslighting.

Same shit, different drug addict garden utensil.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top