Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/11/2024 11:46:08 PM EDT
Here are some shots I took between late July and today in Yellowstone on day trips.

Link Posted: 9/11/2024 11:51:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I love your threads!

Thx for sharing.
Link Posted: 9/11/2024 11:53:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LostX] [#2]
Thank you for sharing as always!

We only saw some Buffalo this go round. Sat in traffic cause of them too.

We were there damn near 24hrs to the second before the explosion in July. We were joking about if the caldera blew while we were there. So it was our fault. Oops.
Link Posted: 9/11/2024 11:53:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Great pica as always, your knack for finding game is on point!
Link Posted: 9/11/2024 11:57:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Awesome as usual man!
Just got back 4 days ago from there. Spent 23 days there, miss it
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 12:23:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By cervelorider:
Awesome as usual man!
View Quote

Should have told me you were there!  I would have driven in and done a hike with you.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 12:26:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Nice.

I should try and get there again. I've lived in WY over 16 years and only been to Yellowstone once about 15 yrs ago for just a day or so.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 1:27:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By wyomingnick:
Nice.

I should try and get there again. I've lived in WY over 16 years and only been to Yellowstone once about 15 yrs ago for just a day or so.
View Quote

How far from the park do you live?
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 2:18:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By RikWriter:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Nice.

5 hrs or so from either entrance.
I usually do day trip stuff so its hard to get to the park. I've spent more time in wind rivers, bighorns, snowy range. But I'd like to see that big waterfall in Yellowstone sometime.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 2:38:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Thank you for sharing. Great pictures!
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 3:20:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 3:28:53 AM EDT
[#11]
Nice. I spent a couple days there last month and saw a couple elk. Saw a lot more wildlife in the hay fields around Gardiner MT.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 4:05:42 AM EDT
[#12]
I swear to god, next time I am there I will do whatever to get a chance to see some places with you!
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 5:50:51 AM EDT
[#13]
Fantastic photos, thanks for posting.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 5:52:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: maxima2] [#14]
Simply beautiful photos.

Thanks.

Makes me want to go there some day.

Link Posted: 9/12/2024 6:12:25 AM EDT
[#15]
Awesome photos.  What a magical place.  Thank you for sharing these.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 6:29:36 AM EDT
[#16]
Nice treat this morning. Great shots.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 7:42:33 AM EDT
[#17]
As always. Spectacular. Thank You.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 7:57:23 AM EDT
[#18]
Too good to look at on a phone. Great pics.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 11:28:44 AM EDT
[#19]

I usually do day trip stuff so its hard to get to the park. I've spent more time in wind rivers, bighorns, snowy range. But I'd like to see that big waterfall in Yellowstone sometime.
View All Quotes
Nice.

Well, if you need a closer base of operations, feel free to stop by here and we could go in together.  I'm only an hour and a half away from the east entrance.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 11:34:30 AM EDT
[#20]
Wow, great pics. I love the moose cow and calf.

The first time I saw a cow with her calf was in Waterton (Canada side of Glacier). I kept my distance, as I value my life, but I didn't have my good camera with me. She was showing her baby how to eat the delicious whatever from the bottom of a pond. Very cute.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 12:39:22 PM EDT
[#21]

Should have told me you were there!  I would have driven in and done a hike with you.
View All Quotes
Awesome as usual man!

Think I'll be back in Dec. I'll message you if i go up.  

Stayed very busy in Paradise Valley. I never made it past Gardiner. I rode mtn bike up from Tom Minor on those trails above and on the Old Yellowstone Trail, thru Yankee Jim Canyon. Very Elky up there and very Beary. Old Yellowstone NP billboards in the woods during part of it.  
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 12:51:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Nice !
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 12:53:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 12:57:46 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Macker13:
Great pica as always, your knack for finding game is on point!
View Quote
This.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 1:56:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PinePig] [#25]
Wife and I were there in mid July.   That's a fantastic park,  it was worth the two days drive.   I'd go there before I spent 3 hours again driving to Yosemite ( I've been there so many times for climbing ).

I actually enjoyed getting in the Buffalo early morning traffic jam near the easy side.  Idling down the road with big fuckin Buffalo walking right next to the truck was really something.   Just cool geology everywhere.

My wife really wanted to see bears,  only saw two.  Need to pick the season better and catch them when they are just getting to the meadows/rivers after the big sleep.

Link Posted: 9/12/2024 2:10:04 PM EDT
[#26]
I love me some yellowstone
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 2:24:05 PM EDT
[#27]

Stayed very busy in Paradise Valley. I never made it past Gardiner. I rode mtn bike up from Tom Minor on those trails above and on the Old Yellowstone Trail, thru Yankee Jim Canyon. Very Elky up there and very Beary. Old Yellowstone NP billboards in the woods during part of it.  
View All Quotes
Awesome as usual man!

Tom Minor Basin is a great place to find grizzlies.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 2:50:59 PM EDT
[#28]
Love em!!
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 2:56:20 PM EDT
[#29]
Headed there next week!

Great pics OP!

Link Posted: 9/12/2024 3:01:08 PM EDT
[#30]

Well, if you need a closer base of operations, feel free to stop by here and we could go in together.  I'm only an hour and a half away from the east entrance.
View All Quotes
Nice.

I may take you up on that somehow. Honestly I thought the park was a little further then it was, I checked before I answered you and I was surprised it was only 4.5-5. I guess I forgot after all this time.

I am not even sure what I'd want to do other then the waterfall, I'll have to start researching. I like hiking, any good day hikes with good views you'd recommend ?

Always wanted to see a Grizzly bear in the wild, never seen that yet as where I usually hang out in WY doesn't have grizzlies.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 3:03:25 PM EDT
[#31]
Beautiful.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 3:15:27 PM EDT
[#32]

I may take you up on that somehow. Honestly I thought the park was a little further then it was, I checked before I answered you and I was surprised it was only 4.5-5. I guess I forgot after all this time.

I am not even sure what I'd want to do other then the waterfall, I'll have to start researching. I like hiking, any good day hikes with good views you'd recommend ?

Always wanted to see a Grizzly bear in the wild, never seen that yet as where I usually hang out in WY doesn't have grizzlies.
View All Quotes
Nice.

What hiking is available depends on the time of year.  The best hiking is in the fall, when it's dry and there aren't so many tourists.  The Pelican Valley trail (where I got those owl photos) is a very nice day hike where you can see owls, bison, deer, coyote and sometimes wolves or grizzlies.  
Another good day hike is out into the Lamar Valley, but my favorite hike is just to park the car in Little America and start walking in the direction of the ponds.  No trails, hardly ever anyone else but it's beautiful and peaceful out there.  Lots of bison, pronghorn, coyotes and the like.  
The best time to see grizzlies in the park is in early May right after they've gotten out of hibernation and are searching for food.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 3:16:13 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Sajer:
Headed there next week!

Great pics OP!

View Quote

I'll be in Grand Teton next week and Yellowstone the week after.  Shoot me a message and we can catch lunch or a hike or something.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 3:31:12 PM EDT
[#34]

I'll be in Grand Teton next week and Yellowstone the week after.  Shoot me a message and we can catch lunch or a hike or something.
View Quote

Sounds good!
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 8:32:37 PM EDT
[#35]

What hiking is available depends on the time of year.  The best hiking is in the fall, when it's dry and there aren't so many tourists.  The Pelican Valley trail (where I got those owl photos) is a very nice day hike where you can see owls, bison, deer, coyote and sometimes wolves or grizzlies.  
Another good day hike is out into the Lamar Valley, but my favorite hike is just to park the car in Little America and start walking in the direction of the ponds.  No trails, hardly ever anyone else but it's beautiful and peaceful out there.  Lots of bison, pronghorn, coyotes and the like.  
The best time to see grizzlies in the park is in early May right after they've gotten out of hibernation and are searching for food.
View All Quotes
Nice.

What areas are the best grizzly spotting locations? I'm guessing there really isn't a specific location and it's kind of everywhere. Just figured I'd ask I know you've spent a lot of time there.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 8:38:21 PM EDT
[#36]

What areas are the best grizzly spotting locations? I'm guessing there really isn't a specific location and it's kind of everywhere. Just figured I'd ask I know you've spent a lot of time there.
View Quote

The area between the East Entrance and Fishing Bridge Junction, in spring.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 8:41:59 PM EDT
[#37]
We went to the Tetons and Yellowstone the week after July 4.  That’s the only place that I’ve never lived, yet been homesick for.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 9:55:58 PM EDT
[#38]

View All Quotes

May well just to hit that up in Spring.

Are we talking May ? June ?
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 10:13:08 PM EDT
[#39]

View All Quotes

Early May through early June.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 10:33:51 PM EDT
[#40]
@RikWriter
What kind of deer is that first pic?
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 10:36:00 PM EDT
[#41]
Where is that like button
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 10:45:20 PM EDT
[#42]
Awesome photos!  Thanks for sharing!
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 11:03:10 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By joeIII223:
@RikWriter
What kind of deer is that first pic?
View Quote

Mule deer, I think.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 11:44:32 PM EDT
[#44]

Mule deer, I think.
View Quote

What is happening with the spots on his coat?
His antlers look like a muley, but his color is definitely different.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 11:52:15 PM EDT
[#45]

View All Quotes

Mule deer, I think.

I don't know.  Maybe mange?
Link Posted: 9/13/2024 12:04:33 AM EDT
[#46]
No Samsquanch?
Link Posted: 9/13/2024 12:07:35 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By 6gunfighter2:
No Samsquanch?
View Quote

No, but I see a lot of Youtube video titles saying they've got footage of one.  You should do a search.  
Link Posted: 9/13/2024 12:11:18 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By LostX:

We were there damn near 24hrs to the second before the explosion in July. We were joking about if the caldera blew while we were there. So it was our fault. Oops.
View Quote

We were there 24 hrs after the explosion.
Link Posted: 9/13/2024 12:15:01 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Thump_rrr:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Thump_rrr:
Originally Posted By LostX:

Somewhere between the two of you, we're going to find the guy who was there right at the explosion.
Link Posted: 9/13/2024 12:17:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Thump_rrr] [#50]

View Quote

This one?

Prismatic lake from the lookout is a must see.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top