Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/2/2024 2:15:15 PM EDT
Building a 12x12 shed on concrete slab. It will be livable; mini-split, electric, insulation, etc.

I'm having a tough time sourcing the door. I'd like a double (french) door, fiberglass, no window. It will receive some shrapnel from the lawn mower and I don't want to break any glass.

Home depot will put one together for me, but the reviews on Masonite aren't great.

Any bullet-proof, quality door companies out there I can order from online? The whole thing is daunting.
Link Posted: 9/2/2024 2:43:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: User55645] [#1]
It's a misconception that French doors are double doors. This isn't the case. A French door is one in which the panels are mostly glass. Single, double, triple, is irrelevant. You want a 6-0x6-8 double exterior door. I don't see a normal glass window being an issue (not sure what you mean by shrapnel), but it's your door. I'd go to a lumber yard for this item.

Also, have you thought of making one? A frame kit, 2 slabs/cores, and some hardware.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top