Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/23/2024 4:54:10 PM EDT
Anyone playing?  Apparently you need this thing called a "friend" to fully enjoy the game.  Stupid concept, but anyways, are any of you gun nuts into a game about space guns?
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 5:13:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I still have not played star citizen, but played elite dangerous for quite some time. It has been probably 5 or 6  years or so since I have played though.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 7:20:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Isn't that the Chris Roberts project? It's been in development forever.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 7:34:50 PM EDT
[#3]
We have a whole thread about it somewhere.

I built my desktop specifically to run Star Citizen, about 10 years ago. It will not run SC now.

Honestly, I got tired of the game being in permanent alpha stage with no end in sight.
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 3:29:08 PM EDT
[#4]
I go between SC and New World on a daily basis.  They recently added a new patch that is full of bugs.  There’s going to be a major upgrade coming later this year.

It’s such a beautiful game when it runs glitch free. Which unfortunately isn’t very often.
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 4:57:37 PM EDT
[#5]
I've given up on it like 4 times.

Every time the same bait/switch/excuses bullshit.

Last time I uninstalled and never looked back. It's a fucking meme.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 7:28:59 PM EDT
[#6]
I am new to the verse but I play usually on Thursday, Friday and Saturday night. Feel free to add me, Czechnologist.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 8:23:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Squadron 42 might actually be close (next 1-3 years) from release. Star Citizen is at least that long - and probably longer - from beta...though beta will probably be a soft release with no further wipes unless something goes really wrong.

I haven't really played since last December. They just introduced a new flight model and I'll wait until the kinks are worked out before playing again (not to mention the other fairly major bugs that they're still working on).

Originally Posted By Kitulu:
We have a whole thread about it somewhere.

I built my desktop specifically to run Star Citizen, about 10 years ago. It will not run SC now.

Honestly, I got tired of the game being in permanent alpha stage with no end in sight.
View Quote

Looks like the last old thread got archived.
https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/-ARCHIVED-THREAD-Star-Citizen-/119-2625255/
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 8:59:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By happycynic:
Anyone playing?  Apparently you need this thing called a "friend" to fully enjoy the game.  Stupid concept, but anyways, are any of you gun nuts into a game about space guns?
View Quote

I play quite a bit. And yeah, while solo is possible, it's a LOT more fun playing with other people.
Link Posted: 5/28/2024 12:30:58 PM EDT
[#9]
I play daily, even bought a new gaming PC for it.

PM me if anyone wants to play. I’m apart of a piracy/PMC org.
Link Posted: 5/31/2024 8:15:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Gave up on that mess years ago. Glad I only bought a basic starter ship for like $30 when I tried it.
Link Posted: 5/31/2024 12:04:55 PM EDT
[#11]
After it had been in development for about 10 years, I finally tried it. It was the buggiest, most underdeveloped game I've ever played, and I've played a whole shitload of games. I got a refund.

Link Posted: 6/5/2024 1:16:45 PM EDT
[#12]
I played a little about a year and a half ago.  Just started playing again.  It's fun sometimes, sometimes it's nothing but frustration.

There is a channel on spectrum for arfcom - the 87th I think.  It's been dead for several years now.

IM me if you want to team up.  I'm still a bit of a noob as I never really got deep into it before and am re-learning right now.

Link Posted: 6/5/2024 7:08:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Fulcrum-5] [#13]
It is noted for being one of the highest-funded crowdfunding projects, having raised over US$700 million as of May 2024.
View Quote

Holy fuck.  They could have funded an actual spacecraft with that.....
Link Posted: 6/5/2024 7:36:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Fulcrum-5:

Holy fuck.  They could have funded an actual spacecraft with that.....
View Quote

It would have 30k'd and blew up
Link Posted: 6/29/2024 3:01:34 AM EDT
[#15]
Jumped back into the game after a couple years. Server meshing in its current state is neat. Enjoyed the Xenothreat server meshing stress test event they had for over a week. Plenty of lag and desync, but absolutely no 30k's and servers recovered fine. Found this to be pretty neat. They have come a long way.      Happy that more focus and more bodies have moved over to Star Citizen from the Squadron 42 team, this has certainly sped development up and im sure alot of the Squadron 42 assets are just being ported over now. How long do you all think it will take for a 1.0 release? 2 years at this rate of progress?
Link Posted: 6/29/2024 3:08:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SpanishInquisition] [#16]
Hell, yeah, I'm flying in the verse!  3.24 is gonna be a game changer!  I'm flying with a cargo/mining/salvage org.
Link Posted: 6/29/2024 1:50:33 PM EDT
[#17]
JT is next week. If anyone wants to make some quick aUEC slinging Maze, IM me.

Yall stay frosty out there next week
Link Posted: 6/30/2024 1:41:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Finally bought my first ship in game. Now to find a  mule for those bags!.
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 8:12:01 AM EDT
[#19]
I thought about trying it a while back, but it seemed pretty mundane & bogged down where it shouldn’t be.

Tried No Man’s Sky & that’s a pretty fun game. Multiplayer is buggy as hell, or was last I played, but is entirely doable on your own. Of course it’s more fun on multiplayer.
Link Posted: 7/4/2024 9:38:31 AM EDT
[#20]
Been enjoying the new patch, been out for a while.

Game is back to being fun.
Link Posted: 7/7/2024 6:53:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Anyone into mining and want to crack some large rocks?
Link Posted: 7/7/2024 8:47:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Czechnologist85:
Anyone into mining and want to crack some large rocks?
https://i.imgur.com/nbnIgVj.jpeg
View Quote

@Czechnologist85 where are you mining at?  Might try to meet up if I see you online.  I've got my spawn set for Port Tressler above New Babbage.  

Have been running the investigation missions @ distribution centers / clearing out the centers of bad guys.  Looking for something different to do.  The only mining I've done has been solo, on foot in the caves.
Link Posted: 7/7/2024 10:55:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By GRENDEL87:

@Czechnologist85 where are you mining at?  Might try to meet up if I see you online.  I've got my spawn set for Port Tressler above New Babbage.  

Have been running the investigation missions @ distribution centers / clearing out the centers of bad guys.  Looking for something different to do.  The only mining I've done has been solo, on foot in the caves.
View Quote

For prospector mining I'm usually at Cellin for the quantanium and for ROC mining I'm on Aberdeen for the hadanite.  I wonder if any members have a mole we can all jump in for a session.
Link Posted: 7/8/2024 9:36:27 AM EDT
[#24]
I have a prospector, I would be down to do some mole mining. I’ll check tonight to see if I still have my mole (bought in game a few months back).

I know a little bit about mining but not much.
Link Posted: 7/8/2024 4:30:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By BabaYaga22:
I have a prospector, I would be down to do some mole mining. I’ll check tonight to see if I still have my mole (bought in game a few months back).

I know a little bit about mining but not much.
View Quote

That would be awesome. And after we are done I'll have to borrow some mole bags for my prospector
Link Posted: 7/18/2024 10:34:52 PM EDT
[#26]
I'm getting into No Man's Sky again. The most recent {free} update called me back.
Link Posted: 8/9/2024 12:49:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Attachment Attached File

Screenshot from last night.

Also finally checked and I do have a Mole and a Prospector!
Link Posted: 8/9/2024 1:05:56 PM EDT
[#28]
Nice.

Looking forward to .24.
Link Posted: 8/10/2024 9:51:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BabaYaga22] [#29]
Just met @czechnologist85 in the verse!

o7, nice is see Arfcommers in space
Link Posted: 8/10/2024 10:17:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Czechnologist85] [#30]
Originally Posted By BabaYaga22:
Just met @czechnologist85 in the verse!

o7, nice is see Arfcommers in space
View Quote

We definitely need to break out that mole or do some prospector mining. Send me a request on Discord. I use the same name there as here.
Link Posted: 8/10/2024 10:28:07 PM EDT
[#31]

We definitely need to break out thar mole or do some prospector mining. Send me a request on Duscord. I use the same name there as here.
View Quote

Will do
Link Posted: 8/11/2024 11:01:15 AM EDT
[#32]
It looks amazing and I want to try it, but the MMO aspect drives me away. Been trying to avoid them. I know Squadron 42 is meant to be single player. Whether that's a on-the-rails type game or open world we'll see.
Link Posted: 8/11/2024 12:04:43 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Hayashi_Killian:
It looks amazing and I want to try it, but the MMO aspect drives me away. Been trying to avoid them. I know Squadron 42 is meant to be single player. Whether that's a on-the-rails type game or open world we'll see.
View Quote

It's a blast when it's all working right. It's also downright frustrating when it's not working right. Playing with people is the best way to experience the game and to make money. First picture is group scrapping.  A very chill way to make money and work together. Second picture is providing a lookout while the group moves the cargo from bounties we just took out, a much more intense way to make money. That's the nice part about the game. You decide what you are going to do.

Link Posted: 8/11/2024 8:54:10 PM EDT
[#34]

It's a blast when it's all working right. It's also downright frustrating when it's not working right. Playing with people is the best way to experience the game and to make money. First picture is group scrapping.  A very chill way to make money and work together. Second picture is providing a lookout while the group moves the cargo from bounties we just took out, a much more intense way to make money. That's the nice part about the game. You decide what you are going to do.
https://i.imgur.com/ANtKYam.jpeg
https://i.imgur.com/v5XBrIv.webp
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Hayashi_Killian:

https://i.imgur.com/ANtKYam.jpeg
https://i.imgur.com/v5XBrIv.webp

Czech is right, you could play the game and be happy without ever carrying a weapon or be like me and use weapons a little too much…

Finding a solid group to play with is key or doing solo salvage runs are also fun too. Group play is preferred.
Link Posted: 8/30/2024 12:02:25 AM EDT
[#35]
3.24 has dropped with inventory and cargo changes
Link Posted: 8/30/2024 12:11:35 AM EDT
[#36]
Running awesome so far. I like the changes and slower pace.
Link Posted: 8/30/2024 12:25:00 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By spud:
Running awesome so far. I like the changes and slower pace.
View Quote

Me too but PSA: medium size hangers are NOT working at Orison. So if the biggest ship you own uses a medium sized hanger then do NOT spawn at Orison. Had to rescue a player tonight off of Orison.
Link Posted: 8/30/2024 6:03:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Master_Blaster] [#38]
Originally Posted By Goback:
I go between SC and New World on a daily basis.  They recently added a new patch that is full of bugs.  There’s going to be a major upgrade coming later this year.

It’s such a beautiful game when it runs glitch free. Which unfortunately isn’t very often.
View Quote

It's been in perpetual development hell for, what, a full decade? Seems like a classic case of too big/complex owed to feature creep. The sheer scope seems too big to be reliably sustainable over time. It's like it's trying to be a VGverse of Meta, but without being anything but a VG, could it maintain enough activity & financial to remain viable over the long term? I don't know, maybe, but I have to wonder if the novelty might wear off even for the hardcore. What would be the ratio of incoming/new players to exiting burnouts, & would it sustain? The project seems too big for its own good.
Link Posted: 9/1/2024 9:15:54 PM EDT
[#39]
3.24 has been an absolute disaster for me. I went to Orison before everyone knew about the medium hangar bug, got stuck planet side. Hotfix went through and fixed that, went to do hauling but of course that is broken, died several times randomly to tram rides and thankfully now when you respawn at the hospital you get the sound of the heart monitor beeping in your ear until you reload the game.

Did some salvaging, bricked my persistent hangar cargo elevator with it constantly trying to store my RMC(it's been trying for 3 days straight). Decided I would do some mining, the patch whiped out my mole bags on my prospector, but no worries, we can buy those and bring them up in the cargo elevator, except they fell through the floor of the cargo elevator at CRU-L1 and bricked that elevator, which is also now persistent. I've also made the mistake of calling for a new hangar after leaving my hangar which despawns your ship, leaves you floating in space and when you close the game your account is bricked and you have to do a character repair. Oh, and anytime I land at my home hangar the terminal doesn't recognize my ship and it can't be stored, I have to claim it.....everytime.

I really would like to go back to 3.23. This patch fucking sucks.
Link Posted: 9/3/2024 5:06:14 PM EDT
[#40]
3.24 has been an absolute disaster for me. I went to Orison before everyone knew about the medium hangar bug, got stuck planet side. Hotfix went through and fixed that, went to do hauling but of course that is broken, died several times randomly to tram rides and thankfully now when you respawn at the hospital you get the sound of the heart monitor beeping in your ear until you reload the game.

Did some salvaging, bricked my persistent hangar cargo elevator with it constantly trying to store my RMC(it's been trying for 3 days straight). Decided I would do some mining, the patch whiped out my mole bags on my prospector, but no worries, we can buy those and bring them up in the cargo elevator, except they fell through the floor of the cargo elevator at CRU-L1 and bricked that elevator, which is also now persistent. I've also made the mistake of calling for a new hangar after leaving my hangar which despawns your ship, leaves you floating in space and when you close the game your account is bricked and you have to do a character repair. Oh, and anytime I land at my home hangar the terminal doesn't recognize my ship and it can't be stored, I have to claim it.....everytime.

I really would like to go back to 3.23. This patch fucking sucks.
View Quote

I was just about to reach out to you to organize some time to get on together lol

Ya this patch sucks so I traded in an LTI token for a C2

In my own worse enemy
Link Posted: 9/3/2024 6:20:49 PM EDT
[#41]
The hotfixes seem to have solved most of the issues.

Been grinding for a C2 only to find a biden level price increase. Shit.
Link Posted: 9/3/2024 6:31:46 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By spud:
The hotfixes seem to have solved most of the issues.

Been grinding for a C2 only to find a biden level price increase. Shit.
View Quote

You can’t escape bidenomics and inflations even in Star citizen, super realistic bro
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 6:30:24 PM EDT
[#43]
So who bought the Citcon digital goodie pack for $30?

Link Posted: 9/4/2024 7:23:27 PM EDT
[#44]
I backed it in like 2012, I'll care again if/when Squadron 42 ever drops. I couldn't give a shit about the full SC.
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 11:20:01 AM EDT
[#45]
I backed the original Kickstarter in 2012/2013, and I have an Admiral Star Citizen "ID" that Chris Roberts signed at the original Citizen Con in Germany but I've almost lost interest in the game.  I really hope the single player game knocks my socks off whenever it finally comes out.  It's been a long wait.
Link Posted: 9/17/2024 1:05:38 PM EDT
[#46]
Anyone get the ATLS suit?

Kind of a hot button issue right now
Link Posted: 9/17/2024 1:22:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: spud] [#47]
It does not have a purpose yet? Until they rebalance all tractor beam, it seems dumb.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top