[#1]
Sad Puppy does not approve.
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 10:17:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By R2point0:
Sad Puppy does not approve.
View Quote

Larry to the white courtesy phone please, Larry to the white phone.
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 10:20:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Hugo and Nebula used to be interesting. Now they’re just another LBXXX popularity contest.
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 3:55:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 4:07:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TxRabbitBane] [#5]
Originally Posted By sheltot:

I used to read Locus whenever I could find it.  Then I subscribed for awhile about 25 years ago. I lost track of it until just a few years ago and when I read it I didn't even recognize it anymore. It was all woke all the time. The articles weren't about the interesting ideas the authors had, it was more about their color, race and their preference in sex partners. The more boxes they could tick off, the "better" the author.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sheltot:
Originally Posted By TxRabbitBane:
Hugo and Nebula used to be interesting. Now they’re just another LBXXX popularity contest.

I used to read Locus whenever I could find it.  Then I subscribed for awhile about 25 years ago. I lost track of it until just a few years ago and when I read it I didn't even recognize it anymore. It was all woke all the time. The articles weren't about the interesting ideas the authors had, it was more about their color, race and their preference in sex partners. The more boxes they could tick off, the "better" the author.

There are some great SFF authors that aren’t straight, and I don’t give a shit one way or the other.  The problem is that, in the last couple of decades, Hugo and Nebula have both become more about the woke checkboxes and less about the quality of writing. If I recall correctly, there was already a LBGXXX award for SFF, now Hugo and Nebula have become that as well. I’m not trying to say that those awards weren’t always somewhat woke, but I doubt these days a straight white male would have a chance to win unless they pass a very strict, super woke purity test and there wasn’t anything from “the community” to put ahead of it.

I just want good books to read…
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 8:22:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top