Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 26
Link Posted: 1/26/2023 11:13:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Beloved young coach at Devine Middle School passes away after collapsing in class

January 6, 2023

SAN ANTONIO – His playful, easygoing personality made him an easy pick to be a student’s favorite coach.

But 35-year-old Jacob Sanchez was also an inspiration, a leader and an innovator that made him so likable to those he worked with at Devine Middle School.

On Thursday, Sanchez collapsed at the start of class and staff members conducted CPR.

The Bexar County Medical Examiner’s Office reports he died of a heart attack. On Friday, the Devine community gathered for a vigil before the start of school and school counselors were available to help students cope.

Principal Kandi Darnell was with him just minutes before he collapsed.

“He seemed fine and everything seemed fine,” she said.

Darnell has known Sanchez since he was a student himself and said he really shined as a teacher.

“He was a kid’s teacher, I’ll put it that way. He took time out to connect with the kids,” she said.

Sanchez’s wife Rebecca Powe issued this statement: “My honey was the light of our lives. He kept our family on our toes, constantly going, and always laughing. We shared a beautiful life together He loved us with his whole heart and loved his life. He was dedicated to the community of Devine and the kids were his motivation every day.”

Link Posted: 1/26/2023 11:31:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By RSG:
Beloved young coach at Devine Middle School passes away after collapsing in class

January 6, 2023

SAN ANTONIO   His playful, easygoing personality made him an easy pick to be a student's favorite coach.

But 35-year-old Jacob Sanchez was also an inspiration, a leader and an innovator that made him so likable to those he worked with at Devine Middle School.

On Thursday, Sanchez collapsed at the start of class and staff members conducted CPR.

The Bexar County Medical Examiner's Office reports he died of a heart attack. On Friday, the Devine community gathered for a vigil before the start of school and school counselors were available to help students cope.

Principal Kandi Darnell was with him just minutes before he collapsed.

"He seemed fine and everything seemed fine," she said.

Darnell has known Sanchez since he was a student himself and said he really shined as a teacher.

"He was a kid's teacher, I'll put it that way. He took time out to connect with the kids," she said.

Sanchez's wife Rebecca Powe issued this statement: "My honey was the light of our lives. He kept our family on our toes, constantly going, and always laughing. We shared a beautiful life together He loved us with his whole heart and loved his life. He was dedicated to the community of Devine and the kids were his motivation every day."

View Quote

Holy shit.  It is getting to the point that we can't keep up.

This shit sucks.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 5:40:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Prob a stupid question from a pureblood that hasn't been paying attention. Are we seeing higher percentage of deaths at a noticeable level in the younger age groups?
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 8:11:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: speedracer422] [#4]
Originally Posted By mooreshawnm:
Prob a stupid question from a pureblood that hasn't been paying attention. Are we seeing higher percentage of deaths at a noticeable level in the younger age groups?
View Quote
Ya. 18-49yr old all cause mortality spiked in mid/late 2021 and it's still up significantly.

I don't have the info saved, but it's floating around here somewhere lol.

The life insurance company I work for stopped publishing our agency's (and I assume other agency's) Paid claims reports around October 21, then announced new rates for 2022... almost double! premiums for new individual policies doubled in price (on average) across the board on Jan 1 2022. Noone recalls ever seeing an increase like that...ever.

Interestingly though, as of 2023, they've relaxed the restrictions on senior policies (over 70) and increased the amount of coverage they can purchase in most states...by a factor of 6 in pa and WV.
All cause deaths for the elderly have seemed to taper off last year...
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 8:24:16 AM EDT
[#5]
View Quote
Yes. Excess deaths are still trucking along and in under 50 primarily. Cause remains an active topic as few studies are digging into that currently. I am awaiting the Q3 update.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/27/2023 2:52:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Deaths have really took a swing up in my area.

Elders and young.
One village had three elders in less than a week pass away.

A cousins SIL was just diagnosed with stage 4 cancer.
No cancer in both side of the family.

Also been a uptick of cancers.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 6:55:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By exponentialpi:
Yes. Excess deaths are still trucking along and in under 50 primarily. Cause remains an active topic as few studies are digging into that currently. I am awaiting the Q3 update.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/200878/C8A6BB9D-52A1-43FD-9308-DABB5BE70664_jpe-2686889.JPG

View Quote

Where is this chart from?
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 7:03:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By tucansam:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By tucansam:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/200878/C8A6BB9D-52A1-43FD-9308-DABB5BE70664_jpe-2686889.JPG

It was from an actuarial report on group life insurance coverage. The website is now gone.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 7:12:34 PM EDT
[#9]
I barely survived my heart attack this last Monday.  I was transported to larger hospital Monday night.  Tuesday I had a stent put in my left anterior descending artery.  I am 57, no smoke/drink.  95% blockage in my artery.  I average 15,000 steps at work each day as a school janitor.  My last vaccine was a year ago(#2).
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 7:36:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By davidenorth:
I barely survived my heart attack this last Monday.  I was transported to larger hospital Monday night.  Tuesday I had a stent put in my left anterior descending artery.  I am 57, no smoke/drink.  95% blockage in my artery.  I average 15,000 steps at work each day as a school janitor.  My last vaccine was a year ago(#2).
View Quote

What does your diet look like?

Link Posted: 1/27/2023 9:05:18 PM EDT
[#11]
View Quote
Very glad you made it.

Dont think it was vax related though.

Link Posted: 1/27/2023 11:30:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By akcaribouhunter:

Elders and young.

View Quote

One of the ham radio guys from a net I sometimes meet up on.........had a seizure the other day......at the hospital they found VERY AGRESSIVE inoperable brain cancer.  Jabbed and boosted.....
Link Posted: 1/28/2023 8:13:46 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By speedracer422:
Ya. 18-49yr old all cause mortality spiked in mid/late 2021 and it's still up significantly.

The life insurance company I work for stopped publishing our agency's (and I assume other agency's) Paid claims reports around October 21, then announced new rates for 2022... almost double! premiums for new individual policies doubled in price (on average) across the board on Jan 1 2022. Noone recalls ever seeing an increase like that...ever.

Interestingly though, as of 2023, they've relaxed the restrictions on senior policies (over 70) and increased the amount of coverage they can purchase in most states...by a factor of 6 in pa and WV.
View All Quotes

That would be nice if all that data was leaked.
Link Posted: 1/28/2023 10:05:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: speedracer422] [#14]
Originally Posted By Skillshot:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Skillshot:

If you mean insurance company data: insurance is regulated at the state level and insurance companies definitely do not give out anymore information than they have to as required by the states they operate in.

I imagine that's pretty proprietary stuff as competitors could figure out each other's algorithms and undercut each other on price, or use that info for hostile takeover type stuff/BK a competitor . That's why the closest thing we have so far is the kind of generic overall actuary reports. We'll never get "all" the info, but individual insurance companies can (and have) had info leaked by whistleblower types already. The one VP of the big German group health insurer last year comes to mind...

Edit: if you mean my agencies paid claims reports, they're actually back, but they (somehow) contain even less info lol (some policy numbers have the last 3 or 4 digits x'd out, beneficiary names are mixed with the insured, some are just a last name, etc...). I ran a program where agents would contact beneficiaries 3-6 months after a paid claims and it was always a chore for the agents to get the contact info off these things; now it's practically useless. Also the reports are incomplete. I know this because our retention guys get a different report that's just a number paid by state for a specific type of policy, and the totals by state on my reports are waaaay the fuck off (lower) lol. Mine is supposed to be everything including partial claims and disability, etc...

I suspect our home office doesn't want us having that info for numerous reasons, but no conspiracy on this one: HO probably didn't like my program (or similar ones at other agencies) and I'm sure some agents got into it with HO people who complained to their superiors lol. They don't have any obligation to give individual agencies that info that I'm aware of, but if they do...they are doing the absolute worst job of it, seemingly on purpose lol.
Link Posted: 1/28/2023 12:57:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Baby steps. They may be starting to admit a problem.

Analysis of adverse events in older US adults after COVID-19 mRNA vaccination
Link Posted: 1/28/2023 1:16:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By akcaribouhunter:

Elders and young.

View Quote

Cancer is where the big vax deaths are going to be. It just isn't going to get the headlines like younger people dropping dead suddenly for no apparent cause.
Link Posted: 1/28/2023 1:52:45 PM EDT
[#17]
5’10” 195lbs, diet pretty normal.  Only one fast food per week.
Link Posted: 1/28/2023 2:04:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/28/2023 3:52:49 PM EDT
[#19]

View Quote

@speedracer422 - Interestingly I have an old variable term life policy that I carried over from a precious employer - annually it cost me $524 - my premium went up by 61% - I also hit 45 years of age but now I am wondering if this is also because of what you are seeing
Link Posted: 1/28/2023 4:17:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: speedracer422] [#20]
Originally Posted By Lovetheduns:

@speedracer422 - Interestingly I have an old variable term life policy that I carried over from a precious employer - annually it cost me $524 - my premium went up by 61% - I also hit 45 years of age but now I am wondering if this is also because of what you are seeing
View All Quotes

I would assume so lol.

I don't read any sort of trade journals or even know that much about life insurance overall as my job is mostly all internal administrative stuff, but I really wish I would've bought more myself before these rate increases.

I'm an early 40's smoker and if I bought the same policy from our company that I have RN, it would be roughly 65% higher premiums vs what it would've cost me in 2021.
Edit: I bought it way before 2021, but my wife knows the rates and tells me. She's licenced and does more with the policy stuff.

We're also seeing a LOT more "trial" business meaning the underwriters have concerns about an applicant that they need to manually approve. That could be because demand is up and lots more higher risk people are buying, or it could be some other concerns I don't know about, but there's lots of bitching by our sakesfolk about it lately lol. (We don't count trial business as a sale internally until it's approved, and they have to repay their commissions on it if it doesn't go through).
Link Posted: 1/28/2023 4:33:25 PM EDT
[#21]
View Quote

Congratulations on surviving the Widowmaker.  With a stent you have a very high chance of living a long time.

Just curious, had you ever seen a cardiologist before this incident?
Link Posted: 1/28/2023 5:18:29 PM EDT
[#22]

I would assume so lol.

I don't read any sort of trade journals or even know that much about life insurance overall as my job is mostly all internal administrative stuff, but I really wish I would've bought more myself before these rate increases.

I'm an early 40's smoker and if I bought the same policy from our company that I have RN, it would be roughly 65% higher premiums vs what it would've cost me in 2021.
Edit: I bought it way before 2021, but my wife knows the rates and tells me. She's licenced and does more with the policy stuff.

We're also seeing a LOT more "trial" business meaning the underwriters have concerns about an applicant that they need to manually approve. That could be because demand is up and lots more higher risk people are buying, or it could be some other concerns I don't know about, but there's lots of bitching by our sakesfolk about it lately lol. (We don't count trial business as a sale internally until it's approved, and they have to repay their commissions on it if it doesn't go through).
View All Quotes

I would assume so lol.

Interesting the rate going to underwriting is up.
Link Posted: 1/28/2023 5:35:38 PM EDT
[#23]
View All Quotes

I would assume so lol.

Ya, I don't have any numbers, but it's a LOT of trial business lately. That used to be pretty rare. I haven't heard anyone mention specific histories or conditions out of the normal ones triggering it either, just submitting an app and: Bam! Trial. Also more declines. It's like playing a slot machine for the agents lately lol.

But, business is up...big time. We're obviously not alone in that as we're having a lot more issues with other companies going after our policyholders and lead info being stolen too (which unfortunately is my department)
Link Posted: 1/28/2023 5:49:01 PM EDT
[#24]
5’10” 195lbs, diet pretty normal.  Only one fast food per week.
View Quote

Define normal.  Standard American diet?  Lots of processed foods, carbs, "fat free" stuff, etc?

Link Posted: 1/29/2023 10:19:56 AM EDT
[#26]

Chatgtp or some bot wrote that. Still sad.
Link Posted: 1/29/2023 5:34:00 PM EDT
[#27]
On Friday night at 8:00 PM, Pfizer released a press release which stated, in part:

Myocarditis (inflammation of the heart muscle) and pericarditis (inflammation of the lining outside the heart) have occurred in some people who have received COMIRNATY® (COVID-19 vaccine, mRNA) or Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine. The observed risk is higher among adolescent males and adult males under 40 years of age than among females and older males, and the observed risk is highest in males 12 through 17 years of age. In most of these people, symptoms began within a few days following receipt of the second dose of vaccine.
Link Posted: 1/29/2023 6:04:15 PM EDT
[#28]
My wife is slow to listen and act sometimes, but I told her not to get the shots or let kids get them. I  thank God she listened to my rantings on this matter. I was infected with Chinese virus at work a week after they made us cover our face as some obedience exercise. I got over it in 3 weeks and God blessed my family they. Have never been sick with it.
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 10:45:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Grunteled] [#29]
Originally Posted By diggerwolf:
On Friday night at 8:00 PM, Pfizer released a press release which stated, in part:

Myocarditis (inflammation of the heart muscle) and pericarditis (inflammation of the lining outside the heart) have occurred in some people who have received COMIRNATY® (COVID-19 vaccine, mRNA) or Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine. The observed risk is higher among adolescent males and adult males under 40 years of age than among females and older males, and the observed risk is highest in males 12 through 17 years of age. In most of these people, symptoms began within a few days following receipt of the second dose of vaccine.
View Quote

That this was ever forced onto college and high-school aged kids (and even younger) should be enough to end with death sentences for people in my opinion.
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 3:21:46 PM EDT
[#30]
Comedian Rickey Smiley Mourns His Oldest Son Brandon's Death at 32

No information regarding the cause of Brandon's death has been yet released.
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 3:42:40 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By diggerwolf:
Comedian Rickey Smiley Mourns His Oldest Son Brandon's Death at 32

No information regarding the cause of Brandon's death has been yet released.
View Quote

I thought black people didn't get vaccinated so that can't be it.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 6:13:59 PM EDT
[#32]
Might have been covered...

Link Posted: 2/5/2023 11:57:43 AM EDT
[#33]
stupid hurts.
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 11:50:58 AM EDT
[#34]

Link Posted: 2/6/2023 2:12:14 PM EDT
[#35]
Mystery as 'fit and healthy' ex-school captain dies in his sleep just days before his 22nd birthday: Shattered mother reveals unconfirmed theory on what tragically killed him
Rickson Williams' family shocked at sudden loss
Went to bed on January 11 and never woke up
He may have died of undiagnosed heart condition
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 7:17:36 PM EDT
[#36]

"Get vaccinated if you haven't"
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 7:48:46 PM EDT
[#37]

View Quote

A cancer mRNA vax is coming.

Link Posted: 2/6/2023 8:31:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Scoobysmak] [#38]
Originally Posted By mongo001:

View Quote

That one gives you either betus or really bad gout flare ups.....
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 8:34:33 PM EDT
[#39]

View Quote

That'll be a hard pass from me, dawg.
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 9:03:48 PM EDT
[#40]

View All Quotes

It is pretty damn certain that mRNA shit at least acerbates cancer, if not outright causing it.
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 9:19:05 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By S13:

It is pretty damn certain that mRNA shit at least acerbates cancer, if not outright causing it.
View All Quotes

Well, when you give it to cancer patients, it’s hard to prove it causes cancer.
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 11:14:48 PM EDT
[#42]

Whole interview

Link Posted: 2/7/2023 12:25:12 AM EDT
[#43]

Well, when you give it to cancer patients, it's hard to prove it causes cancer.
View All Quotes

Well, when you give it to cancer patients, it's hard to prove it causes cancer.

But they are motivated as hell to pay their last cent for the try.

I fucking hate pfizer.

Link Posted: 2/7/2023 12:36:52 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 2/7/2023 2:00:00 AM EDT
[#45]
Buddy of mine had surgery on his jaw after Christmas to extract a salivary gland stone, everything went fine and after a stay in the hospital he went home. He had 2 follow ups because the pain wasn't getting any better. At the second follow up they did another MRI and found the opposite side from the surgery the jaw bone was essentially gone. They looked back at his last MRI which was right before the surgery and there was no sign of any damage to that jaw, it was pristine. They took a biopsy from the area around where the bone should be to figure out what sort of bacteria the jaw was infected with and discovered cancer. So they sat down with an oncologist to decide what route to pursue and the oncologist said he has never seen a cancer so aggressive that it consumed the bone in less than a month.

Yes, he was vaccinated for his job and had to get the bivalent booster because his employer essentially said "If you don't get it we will consider that your resignation".

Less than a month from normal to has a very grim prognosis. They have surgery tomorrow to go in and remove what remains of the jaw bone and to use donor bone from himself to reconstruct the jaw so it can heal for a while before they start radiation on him. They said the radiation would reduce the chances of successfully healing if they did it before the bone was replaced.

51 years old, in good physical health except for the salivary stone.
Link Posted: 2/7/2023 2:31:08 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Joseph_Dirt:
Buddy of mine had surgery on his jaw after Christmas to extract a salivary gland stone, everything went fine and after a stay in the hospital he went home. He had 2 follow ups because the pain wasn't getting any better. At the second follow up they did another MRI and found the opposite side from the surgery the jaw bone was essentially gone. They looked back at his last MRI which was right before the surgery and there was no sign of any damage to that jaw, it was pristine. They took a biopsy from the area around where the bone should be to figure out what sort of bacteria the jaw was infected with and discovered cancer. So they sat down with an oncologist to decide what route to pursue and the oncologist said he has never seen a cancer so aggressive that it consumed the bone in less than a month.

Yes, he was vaccinated for his job and had to get the bivalent booster because his employer essentially said "If you don't get it we will consider that your resignation".

Less than a month from normal to has a very grim prognosis. They have surgery tomorrow to go in and remove what remains of the jaw bone and to use donor bone from himself to reconstruct the jaw so it can heal for a while before they start radiation on him. They said the radiation would reduce the chances of successfully healing if they did it before the bone was replaced.

51 years old, in good physical health except for the salivary stone.
View Quote

I hope it goes well for your buddy.  

Some serious retribution for this needs to happen.
Link Posted: 2/7/2023 9:01:18 PM EDT
[#47]

View Quote

Based on my family's experience, CAN CONFIRM.
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 1:13:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: APPARITION] [#48]

Link Posted: 2/9/2023 3:02:00 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By APPARITION:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fodoi2naEAATU-J?format=jpg&name=small
View Quote

She died again? Sad.
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 3:19:08 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Sokarul:

She died again? Sad.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Sokarul:
Originally Posted By APPARITION:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fodoi2naEAATU-J?format=jpg&name=small

She died again? Sad.

You still defending the narrative. Even sadder. Also, pathetic.
Page / 26
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top