The JSU late hit?

Or that int?
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 5:14:56 PM EDT
[#2]
How bout dem Dawgs!!!
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 5:16:17 PM EDT
[#3]
In on this one!

I’m really hoping we see a return to full stadiums, as the Whiteout game is truly one of the big highlights of each year for us.

Link Posted: 5/2/2021 5:20:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The JSU late hit?

Or that int?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Damn, that was dirty.

The JSU late hit?

Or that int?

The late hit.  

Link Posted: 5/2/2021 5:35:30 PM EDT
[#5]
This is the most retarded football game I’ve seen. Including that million overtime LSU ATM one.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 6:06:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
This is the most retarded football game I’ve seen. Including that million overtime LSU ATM one.
View Quote

Is it really though?
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 6:06:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Damn, I’ve missed football.  

This is fun.

Link Posted: 5/2/2021 6:09:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Well…shit.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 6:11:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Is it really though?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is it really though?

A tie game in the fourth quarter, where one team hasn’t scored an offensive point? Yeah. It is.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 6:44:45 PM EDT
[#10]
That's a kick in the nuts.

It will be interesting to see who wins the title.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 6:50:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 6:57:11 PM EDT
[#12]
GO NOLES!
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 7:18:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 7:34:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Attachment Attached File
let’s do this.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 8:10:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 8:51:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Ready for a season of normalcy to come around. Go Tigers!
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 9:16:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Go Gators!
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 11:17:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Go Gators!
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/3/2021 7:47:40 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Welcome fellow college football enthusiasts.

GO DAWGS!

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/136311/AE1A885B-53A2-4739-866B-2A82D31F5B9E_jpe-1926908.JPG

Thanks for doing this again WDE.  
View Quote

Ah yes, another year of second place in the SEC.

and roll tide!

Link Posted: 5/3/2021 8:09:00 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

and roll tide!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EzX7c0GVcAEuzsP.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Welcome fellow college football enthusiasts.

GO DAWGS!

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/136311/AE1A885B-53A2-4739-866B-2A82D31F5B9E_jpe-1926908.JPG

Thanks for doing this again WDE.  

and roll tide!

Interesting stats from the NFL draft this year:

Alabama had 10 players drafted, 6 in the first round.

In Nick Saban's time as head coach for Alabama, he's had 39 players drafted in the first round.  They've lost 23 games in that time.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 8:17:08 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 8:25:20 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Interesting stats from the NFL draft this year:

Alabama had 10 players drafted, 6 in the first round.

In Nick Saban's time as head coach for Alabama, he's had 39 players drafted in the first round.  They've lost 23 games in that time.
View Quote

I was honestly shocked at the complete dominance of Alabama last year.  I fully expected a let down after losing a generational (but injury prone) quarterback, Ruggs and Jerry Jeudy.

Kind of expecting the same this year.  
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 8:38:15 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I was honestly shocked at the complete dominance of Alabama last year.  I fully expected a let down after losing a generational (but injury prone) quarterback, Ruggs and Jerry Jeudy.

View Quote
I wasn't surprised at their dominance. Since of most programs didn't get to have full schedules of spring practices last year and atypical off-seasons in general, most teams looked unorganized and confused for the first several weeks last year. Bama didn't skip a beat, and they had the most talented team. Combine with excellent coaching, and you have a dominant team.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 8:38:36 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

Hopefully Bama has a LSUesque falloff
But I won’t be sitting on the edge of my seat in anticipation
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 9:25:45 AM EDT
[#25]
In this.

WAR DAMN HARSIN!

Link Posted: 5/3/2021 9:46:23 AM EDT
[#26]

Harsin is a good coach. I’d have been thrilled for him to come back to Texas.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 9:57:45 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I didn't drink the Kool Aid with Chizik, and initially liked the Gus hire, so I like to think I am somewhat objective when evaluating the Harsin hire...

I like it. The largest hurdle is going to be able to recruit in Auburn's traditional recruiting footprint, but the ACs he has hired have successful experience doing that. Keeping this staff together for a few years until Harsin learns the landscape is going to be key.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 10:14:47 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I didn't drink the Kool Aid with Chizik, and initially liked the Gus hire, so I like to think I am somewhat objective when evaluating the Harsin hire...

I like it. The largest hurdle is going to be able to recruit in Auburn's traditional recruiting footprint, but the ACs he has hired have successful experience doing that. Keeping this staff together for a few years until Harsin learns the landscape is going to be key.
View Quote

o'bama rejects?
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 10:20:03 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Will Alabama be one of the best coached teams in the country?  Yes
Will Alabama have one of the most talented rosters in the country?  Yes
How far you reckon they'll fall?  
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 10:23:08 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

#3 in the West

A&M
LSU
o'bama

Link Posted: 5/3/2021 10:55:04 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

#3 in the West

A&M
LSU
o'bama

View Quote

A&M maybe.  LSU, lol.

I am not sure to be honest.  My gut says A&M could go either way, and FL will be a close game.  A&M will also be mid-season, so both teams should have their act together by then.

Then there is Ole Miss...that game seems to always throw the rules out the window.   Speaking of, they play at Jordan Hare this year.  Gross.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 10:59:41 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

#3 in the West

A&M
LSU
o'bama

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

#3 in the West

A&M
LSU
o'bama

Considering what LSU is facing, I think the West will be between Bama and A&M........and I think AU will do pretty good considering they have a new staff in place. Harsin is a good coach, and Ole Sis is a wildcard
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 11:10:08 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

o'bama rejects?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

o'bama rejects?

In-state guys that Alabama overlooks among them, but some years it would seem that Auburn would have almost as many players from Georgia or Florida as in-state guys.

Kirby has done a great job recruiting not just in his state but throughout the southeast. Clemson gets a lot of guys from around Atlanta. Mullen has consistently has top 12 recruiting classes since he has been at Florida as well.

Auburn's lack of signing talented OL was my peeve with Gus. You started to see the result of the recruiting neglect for that unit in 2018. In 2019 it became obvious to anyone who has ever put on pads, and last year it was a disaster.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 11:13:01 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

#3 in the West

A&M
LSU
o'bama

View Quote

A&M lost 4 off starting OL and QB. Although Mond wasn’t great he also limited mistakes a new QB has the tendency to do.
Bright spot is there are great returning skill position players to offset some of that.

The defense brings back 9 of 11 starters and I believe 19 of the 22 in 2 deep. They lead the SEC in total defense last year and were #9 overall in the nation. They should be even better this year. That should help keep games close if the offense sputters.

Also catch Bama and Auburn at Kyle Field this year. Schedule is VERY favorable.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 11:19:56 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 1:31:52 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

The defense brings back 9 of 11 starters and I believe 19 of the 22 in 2 deep. They lead the SEC in total defense last year and were #9 overall in the nation. They should be even better this year.
View Quote

Wow, they have a chance to dominate this year.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 1:40:48 PM EDT
[#37]
This is the year..........

Link Posted: 5/3/2021 1:45:28 PM EDT
[#38]
While I wasn't happy w/ how the administration went about the coaching search, I've been super impressed with Jed Fisch since he got here.  I only hope he can coach 1/2 as good as he can deal with University.

So Bear Down Arizona

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

NFL star Rob Gronkowski catches ball from helicopter to set new world record

Link Posted: 5/3/2021 1:48:53 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

and roll tide!

View Quote

For the first wager of the thread and of the 2021-2022 CFB season, I’ll bet ya a PMag we won’t be second this year.  (I think I even have a sand 20 rounder.)

Link Posted: 5/3/2021 1:51:49 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

For the first wager of the thread and of the 2021-2022 CFB season, I’ll bet ya a PMag we won’t be second this year.  (I think I even have a sand 20 rounder.)

View Quote

Second to last place?
In the east?
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 2:05:24 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

#3 in the West

A&M
LSU
o'bama

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

#3 in the West

A&M
LSU
o'bama

Lol
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 2:18:06 PM EDT
[#42]
Go Dawgs!
Sic em!

Monk
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 2:27:25 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

A&M maybe.  LSU, lol.

I am not sure to be honest.  My gut says A&M could go either way, and FL will be a close game.  A&M will also be mid-season, so both teams should have their act together by then.

Then there is Ole Miss...that game seems to always throw the rules out the window.   Speaking of, they play at Jordan Hare this year.  Gross.
View Quote
This should be an interesting year for LSU. Was 2019 an anomaly or was 2020?  They've got some promising QBs and plenty of team talent.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 2:31:29 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
A&M lost 4 off starting OL and QB. Although Mond wasn't great he also limited mistakes a new QB has the tendency to do.
Bright spot is there are great returning skill position players to offset some of that.

The defense brings back 9 of 11 starters and I believe 19 of the 22 in 2 deep. They lead the SEC in total defense last year and were #9 overall in the nation. They should be even better this year. That should help keep games close if the offense sputters.

Also catch Bama and Auburn at Kyle Field this year. Schedule is VERY favorable.
View Quote
Having a great defense is always better than a porous one.  Defense doesn't win championships anymore though.  Got to be able to score with the big bois.
I don't follow A&M as close as I should but I'm expecting this to be Jimbo's best team yet in College Station.  Should be a good year.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 2:37:59 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
For the first wager of the thread and of the 2021-2022 CFB season, I'll bet ya a PMag we won't be second this year.  (I think I even have a sand 20 rounder.)

View Quote
It'll be a disappointing year if we don't make the SECCG.  Defensive front seven are GOOD and we should be able to score a lot of points (even without Pickens).

Week 1 against Clemson should be very exciting.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 2:38:50 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
This should be an interesting year for LSU. Was 2019 an anomaly or was 2020?  They've got some promising QBs and plenty of team talent.
View Quote

What if both were?

LSU is historically an 8-4 type team
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 3:00:57 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I doubt he’ll have much trouble recruiting.  Like you said, he’s got good recruiters on his staff and Auburn is a big enough program to keep recruits interested in them.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 3:06:34 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A&M maybe.  LSU, lol.

The ongoing Title lX investigation is probably going to be a big distraction.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 3:07:45 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

A&M maybe.  LSU, lol.

Been saying that about Baylor for like 7 years
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 3:11:37 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

A&M maybe.  LSU, lol.

Uncle RICO might come to visit as well
Page / 274
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top