Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/4/2024 3:52:24 PM EDT
2015 Mustang.  94,000 miles.
TPMS went out on one wheel.  Are the other three on borrowed time?  Replace the one or all 4?
FWIW, I bought 4 replacements.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 4:54:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes.
My 2015 f150 had one go.
Month later, another.
Month later, yet another.
2 weeks later, the final one shit the bed.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 5:05:19 PM EDT
[#2]
I replaced one over a year ago.  Other three still running.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 5:12:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By paul463:
Yes.
My 2015 f150 had one go.
Month later, another.
Month later, yet another.
2 weeks later, the final one shit the bed.
View Quote

We have the same TPMS units. Good to know.  All it is.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 9:57:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Sensor battery life average is 8 to 10 years for factory units, and replacements seem to last half of that if you are lucky.  These things have quickly become one of my best money makers. I buy them in bulk
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 10:06:34 PM EDT
[#5]
I bought replacements for the Tacoma when getting new tires at Discount Tire.  3 out of the 4 were dead within the week.  At least they didn't charge me again to replace them (all 4) again.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 10:20:41 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a 2016 F150, second set of tires on the factory TPMS with no problems. But then again, I don't race it or do burnouts with it
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 8:11:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ScottsGT] [#7]
Originally Posted By Goostoff:
Sensor battery life average is 8 to 10 years for factory units, and replacements seem to last half of that if you are lucky.  These things have quickly become one of my best money makers. I buy them in bulk
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Goostoff:

Yea, I bought Ford parts.  I’m just hoping they haven’t been sitting on a shelf for 8-9 years somewhere.

Originally Posted By tspike:
I have a 2016 F150, second set of tires on the factory TPMS with no problems. But then again, I don't race it or do burnouts with it

I’m a boomer.  I may drive fast on occasion, but I’ve never done a burnout with this car.  
Isn’t that a shame?  
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 8:19:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Where is the best place to buy replacements? Is there a widget to program them at home? Dealership wants crazy money to replace with OEM and program new ones for my wifes Jeep.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 11:15:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ScottsGT] [#9]
Originally Posted By Vague:
Where is the best place to buy replacements? Is there a widget to program them at home? Dealership wants crazy money to replace with OEM and program new ones for my wifes Jeep.
View Quote

Try an online Jeep specialty shop. I bought mine at CJ Pony parts.  $100 for all 4. Dealership wanted $75 for one.  I’ve read on the Mustang forums that I don’t need to program mine.  The 2015 will self program after 10-20 miles.
Also try tpms.com or tire rack.

Edit: They do sell a programmer for my car, but it’s $40 and everyone says it’s a waste of time unless you’re swapping tires at a race track to race and you need to monitor tire pressure changes with temps rising.
Top Top