Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 8:05:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Get that man a beer.

Anyone protesting on an interstate should be treated as an unlawful belligerent.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 8:08:09 PM EDT
[#2]
They are going to crucify him. Attempted murder charge I guarantee. Local media is pushing hard the narrative he ran people over and incited the crowd. They are putting on their best saddened concern faces.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 8:11:03 PM EDT
[#3]
I just happened to be watching a live feed (I think it was KARE 11 on youtube, it's probably still viewable) while that was happening and the follow up for the last hour or so.  

There are multiple vids.  (they only show him slowing down from speed for a 1/2 mile ish, not approaching the crowd)

No crowd were known to be injured, the driver had minor injuries from the crowd, the crowd apparently detained the driver, and was arrested by police shortly afterward before the police dispersed the crowd of that section of road.

According to the witnesses as interviewed by the news crews on the scene, the driver said he was not trying to hit anyone, but was trying to intimidate the protesters.    According to the news just now, and the reporters at the time, 35W was closed and the driver intentionally entered the closed road to go toward the crowd.

(I don't know if it is true if the road was actually 100% closed or blocked etc...)

Edit:  Just now at 2021, the news said the truck was already on the highway as it was being closed.... the driver didn't drive around barricades.  

Again this is just from the channell 11 live feed, I'm not there.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 8:13:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Aren't pedestrians prohibited on freeways?
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 8:14:29 PM EDT
[#5]
I would have never stopped.. fuck that
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 8:15:08 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm ready for protesters blocking a road to be answerable with deadly force.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 8:16:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just happened to be watching a live feed (I think it was KARE 11 on youtube, it's probably still viewable) while that was happening and the follow up for the last hour or so.  

There are multiple vids.

No crowd were injured known to be injured, the driver had minor injuries from the crowd, the crowd apparently detained the driver, and was arrested by police shortly afterward before the police dispersed the crowd of that section of road.

According to the witnesses as intervied by the news crews on the scene, the driver said he was not trying to hit anyone, but was trying to intimidate the protesters.    According to the news just now, and the reporters at the time, 35W was closed and the driver intentionally entered the closed road to go toward the crowd.

(I don't know if it is true if the road was actually 100% closed or blocked etc...)
View Quote

Well he's fucked. Don't say anything, how hard is that?
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 8:16:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Needs more farmers driving liquefied pig shit sprayers.

https://www.lawn-care-academy.com/images/liquid-manure-spreader2.jpg
View Quote

Can you even imagine that thing driving through all those people on that bridge

How fast do those tractors go though? Might have to "kill dozer" the cab up a little bit beforehand.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 8:20:17 PM EDT
[#9]
From what I've heard truckers aren't stopping for anyone and the attack on Reginald Denny during the LA Riots is one of the main motivations.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 8:22:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Why did he stop?  Slow down, eh maybe, but why stop?
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 8:27:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I didn't see placards anywhere so I'm thinking the cargo was nonflammable.
View Quote
In the third pic of the original post, you see the Class 3 Flammable placard under the trailer number of his tank. The UN number is unclear. It looks like it might be 1202 or 1203.

You know the deal: the driver can placard either the front of the trailer or the front of the power unit.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 8:28:49 PM EDT
[#12]
I feel like I am taking crazy pills. The way these media cock suckers are talking about it.....

He came barrelling into the crowd? YOU MEAN THE CROWD OF RETARDS IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FREEWAY?!?!?!

How dare he??? What was he trying to do provide a service so people could fuel up their vehicles and make it into work tomorrow? The nerve of this guy.

FUCK ALL THIS SHIT.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 8:32:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Hope the driver is ok.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 8:35:41 PM EDT
[#14]
The placard on the trailer's nose is black and white , corrosive or poison. Flamable is red. None the less they need to stop these stupid fuckers before they torch a chemical plant, wharehouse, fuel rack, or God knows what else.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 8:35:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Gasoline is 1203.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 8:36:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Hope the driver is ok.
View Quote

Ditto
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 8:38:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Have to imagine memory of the dude in LA was going through the drivers head
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 8:38:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
From what I've heard truckers aren't stopping for anyone and the attack on Reginald Denny during the LA Riots is one of the main motivations.
View Quote

The LA Four got off with a slap on the wrist.  They should be serving life.  

I am not a truck driver but I don't want to get Denny'ed.  Lots of these rioters are racially driven.  Given the opportunity they will try to kill anyone who is white, out of rage and pure racism.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 8:46:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Driver taken for medical care although Department of Public Safety Commissioner John Harrington says he can't confirm how the driver suffered injuries.  You fucking serious, those thugs probably dragged him out of the cab and started stomping him.  I bet he was "arrested" in order to save his life.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 8:54:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

I remember watching what happened to Reginald Denny.....
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 9:00:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I am not a truck driver but I don't want to get Denny'ed.  Lots of these rioters are racially driven.  Given the opportunity they will try to kill anyone who is white, out of rage and pure racism.
View Quote

Doesn't make sense when they have white looking people running with them.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 9:04:13 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Thread title is total
View Quote

Updated.  I took the title from the local newspaper article.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 9:04:23 PM EDT
[#23]
.............wrong quote.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 9:07:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Lol at competely inaccurate thread title.
"Tanker truck slows to a stop on roadway and is beaten by rioters"
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 9:13:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 9:18:51 PM EDT
[#26]
Reginald Denny
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 9:19:29 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

He looked to be braking as people did not fully get out of the way.

One guy on the ground near front right tire.  

Possible driver was aware.

Sounds like he got beat for his samaritan efforts......
View Quote

Looked like  two people sitting/laying on the ground in front of the the truck when he showered down on the brakes (one gets up and runs to the right). He wasn't trying to run anyone down.

I also notice they got the passenger door open as soon as he stopped. I always run with the doors locked, I'm not becoming the next Reginald Denny.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 9:23:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Seen this before, DO.....NOT......STOP

Link Posted: 5/31/2020 9:23:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Why did he get arrested if he didn’t hit anyone?
View Quote

Because black lives matter...

...or some shit
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 9:27:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Heard he never hit the brakes and was shifting gears.
View Quote
And?
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 9:32:00 PM EDT
[#31]
Shame if he were accidentally dumping gas while he was driving through the crowd.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 9:37:56 PM EDT
[#32]
I think Reginald Denny would have told him not to stop ...
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 9:40:54 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Someone should get the toy truck from Maximum  Overdrive and drive around.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/89/Greengoblintruck-1441323.jpg
View Quote

FTMFW
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 9:46:05 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Heard he never hit the brakes and was shifting gears.
View Quote

Teh desk clerk said he heard it all real clear.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 9:47:28 PM EDT
[#35]
Peaceful protesting isnt blocking a road or highway. Play in the road get run the fuck over.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 9:51:30 PM EDT
[#36]
here's a video of the beatdown, the official sources are full of s***. He only suffered minor injuries from this?  If he didn't pass a legitimate on ramp barricade, he should have just kept going.

Link Posted: 5/31/2020 9:55:23 PM EDT
[#37]
At first he was
LEROY JENKINS!
But then he stopped. Never stop, NEVER! Remember Reginald Denny.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 9:55:45 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Side note:  one of the four is serving life - not for bashing Reginald Denny causing 90 fractures to his skull, but for murdering a drug dealer later, and another of the four was shot and killed later, ending his continued career as a criminal.  Ironically, if the four had actually been given the long prison sentences they deserved, two more black men might be alive today.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 9:59:56 PM EDT
[#39]
Why in the flying fuck is it legal to shut the interstate system down for a protest and block it?

How is this shit legal?
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 10:05:19 PM EDT
[#40]
A rolling bomb and fire crazed Idiots doesn't mix too well.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 10:11:43 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Can you even imagine that thing driving through all those people on that bridge

How fast do those tractors go though? Might have to "kill dozer" the cab up a little bit beforehand.
View Quote

Set up correctly your can get 30mph out of a modern tractor pulling a loaded shit wagon. 9 or 10000 gallons of liquid manure would make a hell of a mess
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 10:13:39 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Driver taken for medical care although Department of Public Safety Commissioner John Harrington says he can't confirm how the driver suffered injuries.  You fucking serious, those thugs probably dragged him out of the cab and started stomping him.  I bet he was "arrested" in order to save his life.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/31/2020 10:29:13 PM EDT
[#43]
Idiots.

Police call the drivers action “Very disturbing actions...inciting a crowd of peaceful demonstrators.”
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 11:11:00 PM EDT
[#44]
If ever there was a time for a BLEVE.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 11:14:50 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

If the people blocking the highway had been arrested, this wouldn't have even happened.
View Quote

AB-SO-LUTELY!!!!

If you knowing walk onto a highspeed roadway, you should loose your pedestrian protection privilege and it is "Death Race 2000" time!

Run UP that Score Frankenstein!!!!

Link Posted: 5/31/2020 11:19:34 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Why in the flying fuck is it legal to shut the interstate system down for a protest and block it?

How is this shit legal?
View Quote

Because Gov is siding with this shit.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 11:30:46 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

If the people blocking the highway had been arrested, this wouldn't have even happened.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Driving arrested , fucking clown shoes

Think of it this way. Now we know which side they're on.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 12:49:16 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

How is this shit legal?
View Quote

Hmm... The Interstate highway system, you say.
Seems like it would be a federal crime, and vigorously prosecuted.

But alas... It’s like the one thing the Supreme Court can’t be bothered to cover with the Commerce Clause
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 4:58:21 AM EDT
[#49]
The only person to get hurt was him.

He could have killed scores if that was his intent
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 5:07:12 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I didn't see placards anywhere so I'm thinking the cargo was nonflammable.
View Quote
there is a placard on the front of the tank behind the cab. Zoomed in it looks like it says 1203 which is gasoline.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top