User Panel

Page / 43
Link Posted: 11/18/2023 1:37:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By CarmelBytheSea:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmU1jSmJF_c
View Quote
Great find, Carmel!!!!!!!  Right up your Alley and in your wheel house!!!!

That guy that they highlighted before and after the 4:00 minute mark was pretty damn good!!
Link Posted: 11/18/2023 1:48:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Today is one of my favorite albums ever recorded (even more than listening to Paul Desmond or John Coltraine albums!!!!)

It's ZZ Top's Tejas from 1976. Music industry was changing up through technology. No Digital!!! But, the recording equipment while still analog was now more automated, plus materials in tape were much better and now they how some serious multi-tracking abilities that meant "muddiness" was going to be a thing of a the past.

I can listen to this album every day. It's good for the Soul!!! The word "Tejas" (which turned into Texas due to the phonetics of the Spanish language) comes from the Cado or Cayddo language meaning "Friend." I should've looked that one up!!! You guys listen to this whilest I go pull my head out of my ass:

It's the Caddo language and it's endangered in that very few people speak it. The article was quite insistent on that point, so I guess we supposed to learn it or something. It didn't have a donation link!

Anywho, let's get back to one of the greatest albums ever recorded!!! (IMHO)

Tejas - 1976

Side 1
1  It's Only Love
2  Arrested fro Driving While Blind
3  El Diablo
4  Snappy Kakkie
5  Enjoy and Get It On

ZZ Top - Arrested For Driving While Blind
ZZ Top - Enjoy And Get It On

Link Posted: 11/18/2023 1:51:46 PM EDT
[#3]
This is not the 1987 Remastered CD version!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I bought that abmonination and promptly threw it into the garbage where it came from. No one should ever be forced to listen to it!!!
I found this guys "vinyl" version on youtube, so thank you, Kilo2199 where ever you are!!

Side 2
1  Ten Dollar Man
2  Pan Am Highway Blues
3  Avalon Hideaway
4  She's a Heartbreaker
5  Asleep in the Desert

ZZ Top - Pan Am Highway Blues
ZZ Top - She''s A Heartbreaker
ZZ Top - Asleep In The Desert

Link Posted: 11/18/2023 3:57:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By zoinks:
This is not the 1987 Remastered CD version!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I bought that abmonination and promptly threw it into the garbage where it came from. No one should ever be forced to listen to it!!!
I found this guys "vinyl" version on youtube, so thank you, Kilo2199 where ever you are!!

Side 2
1  Ten Dollar Man
2  Pan Am Highway Blues
3  Avalon Hideaway
4  She's a Heartbreaker
5  Asleep in the Desert

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_hE2mMwAek https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evnLeUTkBhs https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1Y19ZOMveA https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHvwCyomtQw https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rvF5CPRWTY

View Quote

I drove lots of miles on those dark Texas two-lanes they talk about in a 75 Camaro with a cooler full of Coors at Warp 6. (cause that's about all she'd do.)

Also, whoever re-mastered those tapes for the SixPack of the first six LP's needs to be found and shot. Adding guitar redubs and drum machines was a horrible idea.
Link Posted: 11/19/2023 8:07:08 AM EDT
[#5]

& some tastefully done "drum machine"

Link Posted: 11/19/2023 2:54:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By hbilly:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcqMmjxWC54

& some tastefully done "drum machine"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ItXHmTjhYY
View Quote

Well played, Sir, well played.
Link Posted: 11/19/2023 2:58:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Gopher:

I drove lots of miles on those dark Texas two-lanes they talk about in a 75 Camaro with a cooler full of Coors at Warp 6. (cause that's about all she'd do.)

Also, whoever re-mastered those tapes for the SixPack of the first six LP's needs to be found and shot. Adding guitar redubs and drum machines was a horrible idea.
View Quote
Testify, my Brother!!!!

Before ZZ Top went for a more '80s sound, early songs had this ability, right with in the opening measures, to just "pull me in" into the music. I was inside and going along for the ride of whatever this song was.

That remixed/remastered for CD version taught me a lesson in researching as best I could before buying any "digitized remaster" of older music.
Link Posted: 11/19/2023 8:59:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Testify, my Brother!!!!

Before ZZ Top went for a more '80s sound, early songs had this ability, right with in the opening measures, to just "pull me in" into the music. I was inside and going along for the ride of whatever this song was.

That remixed/remastered for CD version taught me a lesson in researching as best I could before buying any "digitized remaster" of older music.
View Quote

Eliminator and the MTV LPs that came after were so different to my ears when I first heard them.  It was still ZZ but it was so different sounding and slick.
Link Posted: 11/19/2023 9:14:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Gopher:

Eliminator and the MTV LPs that came after were so different to my ears when I first heard them.  It was still ZZ but it was so different sounding and slick.
View Quote
Agreed!

When I was a Junior in High School, I had Coach Holmgren for a National/International Social Studies class. (I felt like doing some name dropping, so I picked the very famous Mike Holmgren. ) He had maybe 2 artifacts on the walls in his entire room. One was a World Map, and the other was a poster of ZZ Top on stage during a performance from their Fandango days.

ZZ Top was at its heart, a good-time party band. That didn't change when they changed their musical direction. It was just more people were now invited to the Party. That being said, it did take me some getting used to!!!  (Man, I even type Californian. Got to get better.) It did take me a couple of times listening to Eliminator to get used to it. (that's better!)
Link Posted: 11/23/2023 10:20:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: hbilly] [#10]
Jerry Garcia - Oregon State Penitentiary Complete (Acoustic) - (5-5-82)

Though recorded in '82, was being played for folks that got in trouble in Veneta, OR in '72
Link Posted: 11/23/2023 1:34:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: zoinks] [#11]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZGhg0ZEPQ4

Though recorded in '82, was being played for folks that got in trouble in Veneta, OR in '72
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZGhg0ZEPQ4

It's Thanksgiving, Brother. Totally allowed!!

I also have a Thanksgiving album to share:
Pink Floyd - Obscured By Clouds (1972) [Full Album]

(It's the full album to run in the background.)
Obscured by Clouds - 1972

Side 1
1  Obscoured by Clouds
2  When You're In
3  Burning Bridges
4  The Gold It's in the...
5  Wot's...Uh the Deal?
6  Mudmen

Side 2
1  Childhood's End
2  Free Four
3  Stay
4  Absolutely Curtains

The album is actually a sound track to some French movie that we as real Americans will probably never watch. Just as well as I never heard anyone say there were Hot French chicks in it. (In actuality, there's probably at least one...it's the French afterall.)

Pink Floyd actually stopped working on "Darkside of the Moon" to do this project.

ETA: I was reading the commnets on the youtube page and this is one of the first:

@candynolder
1 year ago
My Mom passed away 10/26/22.  She was 91. Ever since I was a kid I loved this band. DSOTM was my first album.  She heard me play all their albums throughout my life.  She used to say "Of all the music you listen to, I really like that Pink Floyd guy.  His music is beautiful".  I miss her....  

I thought it appropriate for the Day.
Link Posted: 11/23/2023 1:54:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1982fxr] [#12]
Thank you for this thread.  I got tired of the same six Christmas songs on the radio and now I feel better.  Hope your day is great!
Link Posted: 11/23/2023 2:05:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By 1982fxr:
Thank you for this thread.  I got tired of the same six Christmas songs on the radio and now I feel better.  Hope your day is great!
View Quote
Happy Thanksgiving, Brother!!  
Link Posted: 11/24/2023 1:25:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 11/25/2023 5:18:41 PM EDT
[#15]
And as another week goes by, and I just can't seem to bring myself to highlight the Eagles; even with Joe Walsh joining them, I am compelling myself to inform you, the Brotherhood, as to why I will not:
Click To View Spoiler
You may be asking, "why is that Brother zoinks?"

Thank you for allowing me to explain. It's the lyrical content. It's so damn L.A.!!!!! Damn near every song has some facet of someone or some entity using someone expressly for their own purposes without any regard to the other. Essentinally, you're here for my pleasure and convenience period. It's a lot of this    which becomes this  

Being from the North, I always figured it was Hollywood containmenating everything and everyone, but it is what it is.

So, this week, you guys get Heart, the second album, Little Queen.

I know the names, Ann and Nancy Wilson. However, I'm a little hard pressed to tell you which name goes to which Sister. I listened mostly for the guitar work. But which one is Ann and which one is Nancy is not the only mystery!! When we first heard of them, there were two stories.
Story number 1: they were Canadian with a Canadian label, and when they decided to head South to the US, their label went after them through the courts.
Story number 2: they were from Washington, but one of the boyfriend's went to Canada to evade the Draft, so that's how they ended up there.
Then there was the lesbian sisters thing!?!? (I'm pretty sure that's way more common now than back then.)

I don't know what's true, but there sure were a bunch of controversies with stories put out that didn't make sense i.e. draft dodger touring the US in 1976 and not being picked up for the reward money.

But it just gets back to the "Hollywood Contamination" theme that exists in the various entertainment industries. AC/DC documented this in their song, "It's a Long Way to the Top, If You Want to RocknRoll."

All of the BS aside, Little Queen is a decent album. You can tell that they are influenced heavily by Led Zeppelin. They do or try to do English Folk music like Led Zeppelin did to various degrees of success. Then there's some good guitar parts!!! Always a bonus!!

Little Queen - 1977

Side 1
1  Barracuda
2  Love Alive
3  Sylvan Song
4  Dream of the Archer
5  Kick It Out

Link Posted: 11/25/2023 5:34:32 PM EDT
[#16]
I was 15 or 16 when this album came out, and I remember one time during a break in the school day, my and the boys are out in our specific section of the Quad (invitation only I might add), and we were discussing which one of the Sisters we would have sex with because afterall we were idiot teenagers, and that's merely one of the things you occupy yourselves with when you are all together.

Everybody picked the blond one, and I guess I picked the brunette one (who would later become very hungry) because, well, one), obviously somebody has to take a hit for the team due to the fact they're sisters and all that embraces, plus, two), I felt bad that nobody else wanted to fuck her. It was my sense of Justice, a very nascient sense of Justice, that led me to blurt out that I would, and then defend my choice to all who sat in judgement of me. I received a couple of "pats on the back" for my energentic defense, but those were outnumbered by the "fuck you"s. One does what one can in such circumstances.

Side 2
1  Little Queen
2  Treat Me Well
3  Say Hello
4  Cry to Me
5  Go On Cry

I can't let this go without saying this:
We (us with toxic masculinity) listen to a lot of female artists without judgements of their lives. We do!! It's a fact.

But, Holy Hell, why do we have to hear about their constant emotional problems/difficulties/trials/tribulations/break downs!!!! We're not having sex with them!! Why can't they give us a break!!!

Would a song every, once in a while, about driving a car that they built, going fast through the streets or at a track kill them!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 11/28/2023 6:50:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Grateful Dead - Box Of Rain - 10/28/72 - Cleveland Public Hall - Cleveland, OH

Link Posted: 12/2/2023 12:39:05 PM EDT
[#18]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bxh5olGxCYI

View Quote
Again, hbilly, another Sterling choice

And now it can be told....

One time at Band Camp when I was in the Air Force and stationed in Germany, I met many German type people who would invite me to parties. Once individual was male, late 30s, on the cusp of entering 40dom, and he was a Huge Dead Head! I can't remember how many times he said he had seen them in concert, but it wasn't very many, but his collection of bootlegs was...bigger than my entire record collection put together!

So, in the midst of what was his party, I was answering questions on what it was like for me as a kid growing up in the San Francisco Bay Area during the time when all the music associated with that time was actually being created. There were also lots of German women there my age. That was nice.

Point is the Grateful Dead probably had just as great an impact about the US than did American Goodwill policies.
Link Posted: 12/2/2023 1:04:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: zoinks] [#19]
Today: Gerry Rafferty, here on Subnet's, The 1970's were a very special time

I posted "Baker Street" a long time ago. Now, it's time for the album.
But, the reason for that as it is inspired by hbilly's Gratful Dead choice.

We've discussed Country music origins and admittedly, my expressed opinion cuts across the grain especially with regards to the Blues.

How does Monsieur Gerry Raffterty fit into the picture? Great question, and I was really hoping you'd ask.
He was born a poor white child in Scotland to turn a phrase, to an Irish Father, and a Mother who's heritage is questionable, but not in the sense of "Mother Jokes," but Rafferty always mentioned the fact that his Mother sang Irish folk songs "beautifully." Conclusion is that Gerry Rafferty is about as Scotch-Irish as one can be.

And who birthed American Music? The Scotch-Irish.

Now, the Album is performed by Scotsmen and Englishmen and one song has Australians on it of all things, but also Leiber and Stoller also had some input to some extent as management and distribution, plus as song writers themselves; however, this is still an album from Rafferty, his lyrics for the most part, and much of the music.

Listen to it, and if didn't know that this guy wasn't from here, the music is very "country."
One last thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sales of this album crushed the sound track sales for "Saturday Night Fever," and Gentlemen, anytime Disco suffered a loss, it was a victory for us!!!!

City to City - 1978

Side 1
1  The Ark
2  Baker Street
3  Right Down The Line
4  City to City
5  Stealin' Time

Link Posted: 12/2/2023 1:10:52 PM EDT
[#20]
I was a Junior in High School when this album came out, and I was grateful for the additional crushing of Disco, but also it was cutting into talk about the music from Pretty Peter 18 months before. (Peter Frampton.)

The Universe was finally returning to some sense of normalcy from the Chaos that had been injected into it. Well, you know, Carter was still President, and the Dems in Congress had tee'd up the money grab that would be called the "Savings and Loans" crisis, but you know what I mean.

Side 2
1  Mattie's Rag
2  Whatever's Written in Your Heart
3  Home and Dry
4  Island
5  Waiting For The Day

Whatever''s Written in Your Heart

Link Posted: 12/9/2023 1:43:47 PM EDT
[#21]
The next group is.............Mogul Thrash.

I never heard of the group until an airplane crash years later, however(!) individual members would go on to be quite famous. We're going to follow that progression except for the Bands we've already done i.e. King Crimson and Asia.

(First the administrative stuff, the album pieces were hard to find as videos were all over the place in quality and codec. This means that volume levels will be changing as you listed to one to another.)

Mogul Thrash - 1971

Side 1
1  Something Sad
2  Elegy
3  Dreams of Glass & Sand

MOGUL THRASH Mogul Thrash 01. Something Sad.wmv
MOGUL THRASH Mogul Thrash 02. Elegy.wmv
MOGUL THRASH Mogul Thrash 03. Dream Of Glass And Sand.wmv

If you've stuck with the music so far, It's not bad at all. You also can't really tell if it's this kind of music or that kind of music. That's always the kind of music I find most interesting to listen to. Music that's entirely predictable from the opening bars is boring and is called "Popular" or "Pop" music.

Side 2
1  Going North, Going West
2  St. Peter
3  What's This I Hear

Mogul Thrash ► Going North, Going West [HQ Audio] 1971
MOGUL THRASH Mogul Thrash 05. St Peter.wmv
MOGUL THRASH Mogul Thrash 06. What''s This I Hear.wmv

What killed this group wasn't so much the fact that their first album didn't go Gold. It was the usual thing of legal suits and musicians getting ripped off and finding it's easier and cheaper to disband than to fight almost the entire World that thinks of you as nothing more than property.
Link Posted: 12/16/2023 1:53:19 PM EDT
[#22]
So, my Pretties, that was Mogul Thrash. As was stated above, when they decided to disband due to legal issues outside of their control, some members went off to the 1974 version of King Crimson, some went another direction entirely which will be next week's mystery guest, and some others would meet all together to form Asia whom we've also covered. Exciting Times!!!

This week we'll focus on the guy who produced this album, Brian Auger, specically with Brian Auger's Oblivion Express, and their second album (which is the first one I heard back in Jr High!) Second Wind.

If you've listened to 1960s British and French music recordings, you've heard a lot of Brian Auger without knowing it. He's still Keyboarding out there at 84 years young! One sort of funny story is that he was brought in as a session player for The Yardbirds. They needed an organist, but the studio didn't have one. They did have a harpsichord, though!! The song was "For Your Love," and it started the trend to have harpsichords and clavinetts on records for the late '60s and early '70s before people said, "enough is enough." That's what I call "Musical Comedy."

Again, Brian Auger produced the only Mogul album as he was gaining fame as a producer. He was more known by musicians than regular people who listened to music. He had two '60s bands, I can't remember which came first, but I do remember the female singer who was the same for both, Julie Driscoll. If she sang more songs about "bubble gum" love etc., I have no doubt she'd be famous, but she sang about weightier material, and is pretty much only known to people who learn about music history. Bummer.

Brian Auger's Oblivion Express is another "fusion" of Jazz with other types of music. Jazz Fusion covers a lot of ground. The first fusion was with "classical music": George Gershwinn's "Rhapsody in Blue" in 1924. It doesn't beg the question, "is there really separate kinds of music if they can call be 'mixed' into each other?" There are, but the rules aren't so hard and fast, and they mostly deal with people's biases and prejudices more than actual sounds. I've made the case in this thread that the Grateful Dead is California's version of what is Country Music all due to the reaction of the Nashville Mafia taking away our beloved "Western" music.
I refuse to listen to Country, but I'll listen to anything @hbilly posts (he is the bridge between the two worlds.) Again, that's all due to my biases and prejudices outside of the objective reality we all live in. Many of us were brought up with a "fuck Nashville" bias. (I enjoy mine!) (I just realized something. Let me fix that!!!!) But enough about me!!!!

Who were we talking about? Brian Auger's Oblivion Express, that's who!!! Second Wind was his second album, but the first one I heard, so it's a favorite!! Please to enjoy!!

Second Wind - 1972

Side 1
1  Truth
2  Don't Look Away
3  Somebody Help Us

Brian Auger''s Oblivion Express - Truth (Remastered) [Soul Jazz - Jazz Fusion] (1972)
BRIAN AUGER''S OBLIVION EXPRESS - don''t look away
Brian Auger''s Oblivion Express - Somebody Help Us (Remastered) [Jazz Fusion] (1972)

Side 2
1  Freedom Jazz Dance
2  Just Me Just You
3  Second Wind

Brian Auger''s Oblivion Express - Freedom Jazz Dance (Remastered) [Soul Jazz - Jazz Fusion] (1972)
Brian Auger''s Oblivion Express - Second Wind

Link Posted: 12/17/2023 6:27:12 AM EDT
[#23]
Amanda Lear - Follow Me (Official Video)
Link Posted: 12/17/2023 7:15:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: zoinks] [#24]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9YyPIiT2pM
View Quote
My Brother! You positive you didn't mean to post this song?
The Kinks Lola Top of the Pops 1970

Is there something you'd like to discuss with the group? We're not here to judge! Click To View Spoiler
ETA: hit the wrong button. wasn't done yet!!! I call you before Christmas!!!! Merry Christmas!!
Link Posted: 12/17/2023 7:35:34 PM EDT
[#25]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GP0X0CRMZLU

Is there something you'd like to discuss with the group? We're not here to judge! Click To View Spoiler
ETA: hit the wrong button. wasn't done yet!!! I call you before Christmas!!!! Merry Christmas!!
View Quote

Remembering my Mom’s 70s disco phase.
Link Posted: 12/17/2023 7:39:10 PM EDT
[#26]
Guy I know in Canada who reviews 70s music

🎵 It''s Only Talk and Roll - The Montages - Foreigner!🎵
Link Posted: 12/17/2023 7:40:16 PM EDT
[#27]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GP0X0CRMZLU

View Quote

🎵 It''s Only Talk & Roll - The Montages - The Kinks🎵
Link Posted: 12/17/2023 7:46:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CarmelBytheSea] [#28]
4 minute introduction biography

Rock and Roll Rowdies Mal Introduces himself .....

Brian does I interviews with people involved with the bands from the 1970s. This is a 2 hour long video example

Rock and Roll Rowdies: Guest Mal Craggs
Link Posted: 12/17/2023 7:47:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CarmelBytheSea] [#29]
The director of this documentary is 1970s skateboard champion Stacey Peralta who lives in Santa Monica

The Yin & Yang of Gerry Lopez | Patagonia Films

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/17/2023 8:36:16 PM EDT
[#30]
I remember watching him on ABC's Wide World of Sports!!!!

The more I think about the '70s, the less that decade sucks!!!
Link Posted: 12/17/2023 8:50:55 PM EDT
[#31]

View Quote

As a little kid I hated disco and bell bottoms and polyester but compared to 2020-2023 Carter and the 70s seems way better. Sometime when you and I were in college the trend line between historical dip shittery of the left broke towards ridiculous insanity that JFK would be amazed by. So even my Mom’s disco now seems less damaging on my ears. She used to drive us in her V.W. Bug blaring Funkytown. I really hated that song but I think glitz and glamour gave her an escape from the recession during Carter years on her way to working her 3 jobs between acting auditions.

My Dad loved 60s Motown so I play his songs on his birthday and the day he died.

My Dad’s Mom only listened to classical and I listen to that too. She used to take me to see classical performances at the Kennedy Center and Wolftrap in D.C. or Opera in NYC. She liked Cardinal birds so anytime I see a Cardinal it reminds me of her.
Link Posted: 12/17/2023 8:52:37 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 12/17/2023 8:59:26 PM EDT
[#33]

As a little kid I hated disco and bell bottoms and polyester but compared to 2020-2023 Carter and the 70s seems way better. Sometime when you and I were in college the trend line between historical dip shittery of the left broke towards ridiculous insanity that JFK would be amazed by. So even my Mom's disco now seems less damaging on my ears. She used to drive us in her V.W. Bug blaring Funkytown. I really hated that song but I think glitz and glamour gave her an escape from the recession during Carter years on her way to working her 3 jobs between acting auditions.

My Dad loved 60s Motown so I play his songs on his birthday and the day he died.

My Dad's Mom only listened to classical and I listen to that too. She used to take me to see classical performances at the Kennedy Center and Wolftrap in D.C. or Opera in NYC. She liked Cardinal birds so anytime I see a Cardinal it reminds me of her.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

As a little kid I hated disco and bell bottoms and polyester but compared to 2020-2023 Carter and the 70s seems way better. Sometime when you and I were in college the trend line between historical dip shittery of the left broke towards ridiculous insanity that JFK would be amazed by. So even my Mom's disco now seems less damaging on my ears. She used to drive us in her V.W. Bug blaring Funkytown. I really hated that song but I think glitz and glamour gave her an escape from the recession during Carter years on her way to working her 3 jobs between acting auditions.

My Dad's Mom only listened to classical and I listen to that too. She used to take me to see classical performances at the Kennedy Center and Wolftrap in D.C. or Opera in NYC. She liked Cardinal birds so anytime I see a Cardinal it reminds me of her.
OH! Now I just remembered why I hated the '70s!! Me and my Brothers were forced to wear these sky blue leisure suits that had "kick my ass" in invisible ink written all over them!

I'm finally free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 3:14:14 AM EDT
[#34]
OH! Now I just remembered why I hated the '70s!! Me and my Brothers were forced to wear these sky blue leisure suits that had "kick my ass" in invisible ink written all over them!

I'm finally free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
View Quote

Travolta disco still around in 2023

Link Posted: 12/18/2023 7:03:51 PM EDT
[#35]
The Kinks - Father Christmas (Official HD Video)
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 7:14:23 PM EDT
[#36]
Twelve Days of Christmas performed by Bob and Doug McKenzie
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 7:16:23 PM EDT
[#37]
Santa Claus And His Old Lady
Link Posted: 12/19/2023 3:10:57 PM EDT
[#38]
It''s Only Talk & Roll: Christmas Songs - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly Sweater!
Link Posted: 12/19/2023 3:33:49 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 12/20/2023 4:14:29 AM EDT
[#40]
Again, hbilly, another Sterling choice

And now it can be told....

One time at Band Camp when I was in the Air Force and stationed in Germany, I met many German type people who would invite me to parties. Once individual was male, late 30s, on the cusp of entering 40dom, and he was a Huge Dead Head! I can't remember how many times he said he had seen them in concert, but it wasn't very many, but his collection of bootlegs was...bigger than my entire record collection put together!

So, in the midst of what was his party, I was answering questions on what it was like for me as a kid growing up in the San Francisco Bay Area during the time when all the music associated with that time was actually being created. There were also lots of German women there my age. That was nice.

Point is the Grateful Dead probably had just as great an impact about the US than did American Goodwill policies.
View Quote

"Weir Everywhere!"
Link Posted: 12/20/2023 4:17:12 AM EDT
[#41]
Grateful Dead - Run Rudolph Run 12/7/71

Christmas Time's A-Comin' (Live)
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 12:23:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CarmelBytheSea] [#42]
I remember seeing this as a kid

Link Posted: 12/21/2023 12:31:10 AM EDT
[#43]
Johnny Cash Christmas Show [1970]
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 1:03:48 AM EDT
[#44]
Jackson 5 - I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus (Official Video)
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 1:08:06 AM EDT
[#45]
The 70's was a good time. Just before disco. All the bar bands were doing Steely Dan covers
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 6:02:03 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 6:07:59 AM EDT
[#47]
The gates of hell opened up sometime in the 60's/70's. It was all downhill after that.
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 9:35:28 AM EDT
[#48]
JJ Cale ~ If You''re Ever In Oklahoma ~ Really (HQ Audio)
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 9:55:21 AM EDT
[#49]
I was in nursery school, dickhead.
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 10:01:47 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Blackbeard28:
I was in nursery school, dickhead.
View Quote

Lucky basturd, I was at the babysitter
Page / 43
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top