BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 10:16:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

wouldnt the TD be the dude picking up the out of date product that didnt sell..?

imagine making room for that on the truck w/o dropping it off at another location..
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're reading a bit much into it. He said he just asked them about sales.

Why would a distributors truck driver know about sales? He would have been better off asking the clerk.

wouldnt the TD be the dude picking up the out of date product that didnt sell..?

imagine making room for that on the truck w/o dropping it off at another location..

Yeah a driver I would think would know if he has delivered any bud in the last month . And hauling it back.
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 10:30:02 PM EDT
[#2]
2 decades ago i was told by an old german beer guy the reason why american beer gave me hangovers and german beer didnt is that american light beer contains no beer. they designed beer flavored syrup where they just inject the right amount of water and alcohol and can it. its toxic in large amounts and its as fake as a guy dressed as a woman.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 7:49:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
You really think the guy, who works for a 3rd party distributor, gives two shits about the politics of the brewery he is delivering to a random gas station? He has literally no affiliation. Also guys like you who randomly interject you opinions and beliefs into other people's lives who going about their business are fucking awful. "Hey I see you are getting that grape juice, did you know that was the same grape juice that guy who kidnapped those girls fed them!" Who fucking does shit like that.

ETA to clarify. Beer distribution legally has to go through a 3rd party. The guys you were talking to are not bud or coors employees.
View Quote

All states work on a three tier system that consist of a manufacturer, distributor and retailer that prevents any one company from monopolizing alcohol sales. The distributors are independently owned, but are directly connected to the manufacturer due to them carrying their product line. The distributors are the ones taking the biggest hit because they have specific territories that they can operate and specific products that they can sell. If Budlight makes up the majority of what you sell and no one wants it, you are screwed.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 7:54:45 AM EDT
[#4]
I feel bad for the poor bastards whose lives and families depend on making and selling Bud Light. I wish there was a way the entire money loss would fall on the morons responsible.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 7:58:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

They will just swap contracts. My wife worked in that world for years, beer, energy drinks, soda, etc. They run trucks, not product.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He absolutely does care. The distributor makes money on volume. Merchandisers and truck drivers bonus is based on volume. As is the salesman's.
Shelf cap is set by volume of sales as well. No sales = less shelf cap.
In short, you are speaking on a topic you know little about.

They will just swap contracts. My wife worked in that world for years, beer, energy drinks, soda, etc. They run trucks, not product.

It's not that easy. There are three companies that own the overwhelming majority of all breweries. They all have long term contracts with multiple distributors in every state that are licensed to sell specific products. You can't just decide to switch from budweiser products to Miller products. It's the same with coke and Pepsi, with the exception that they do not need a license to sell or deliver their products.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 8:00:56 AM EDT
[#6]
I know a few people still drinking queer beer.
They don't care.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 8:02:57 AM EDT
[#7]
More people should be doing this  
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 8:08:32 AM EDT
[#8]
I really feel bad for the low level guys, drivers and distributors. They are feeling the brunt of the actions of an out of touch jackass and a freakshow mental case. They need to jump ship and go to the competition, as they'll really need to expand operations there.

This whole mess is fascinating to see unfold in real time. That bitch killed a 150yo brand in less than a minute. This will be taught in business management school for the next 100 years.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 8:15:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Years back, standing in line to buy a lotto ticket.  Beer guy comes in pushing hand truck stacked deep.  I step back so he can get through the line.
His huge, fat wallet of cash fell out of his back pocket at me feet. This is the wallet he uses to put cash in from stores, not his personal wallet.

I bent over, picked it up and walked over to the cooler. “Hey beer hero, I was here to buy a lotto ticket, but I think this doesn’t qualify as a scratch off.” As I was holding his wallet out for him.  (Yea, it was full and heavy)

He was like and completely in shock.  Seriously speechless. Told him he might want to get one with a chain.  

Went back to my place in line and a couple of vibrant youts were standing there with as much shock on their face that I didn’t leave with it.  “Damn bro, you gave it back?”  I asked them how would they have felt if they made a simple mistake that would have cost them their job and possibly their home?  He would have had to take out a second mortgage to pay that back.  
No idea why they don’t have deposit safes in those trucks.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 8:23:29 AM EDT
[#10]
I would have grabbed a couple cases of Banquet Beer while mad dogging the Bud Light rep.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 8:25:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Heard a BL apology commercial while driving home from work on a small radio station. It was one of those trying to sound sincere and to the point but it came off pretty dumb and insincere. Also it was 2 months too late.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 9:06:03 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
2 decades ago i was told by an old german beer guy the reason why american beer gave me hangovers and german beer didnt is that american light beer contains no beer. they designed beer flavored syrup where they just inject the right amount of water and alcohol and can it. its toxic in large amounts and its as fake as a guy dressed as a woman.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/26/2023 9:21:07 AM EDT
[#13]
My local gas station convenience store is overflowing with Bud Light, and every single advertisement TV inside is permanently showing Bud Light ads. it still isn't selling.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 9:27:09 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I have sympathy for the distributors and the rank & file BUD workers.  They are just trying to do a job.

BUD management, AB-InBev management, and shareholders?  I am enjoying my BUD short.
View Quote

Yep. Fuck the upper manglement who did this. I honestly feel really bad for the distro and avg workers. They didn't ask for this and it fucking sucks. You think you have a stable good job with no real chance for a "suprise" and then this shit happens. Got to suck.

Quoted:
Working man delivery driver don't need screwed with.  
  Though they might be told to give that answer if asked.
View Quote

I wouldn't doubt if they were told to do this. Cue the "nothing to see here" meme
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 9:30:14 AM EDT
[#15]

This should be one of the biggest weekends for beer sales.  Instead they continue to get ass pounded.  This weekend will be an indicator for those corporate schmucks who refuse to open their eyes.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 9:32:38 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I'm quite light. My point is you, random 1 of 1000s customers at a gas station, decided today was the day to raise some social discord with this a random guy in the middle of a shift of unloading boxes in shitty gas stations. Then you thought so highly of that decision, you said to yourself, I should make a thread about this amazing defense of conservative values against this beer delivery man. Y'all are fucking weird.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
You really think the guy, who works for a 3rd party distributor, gives two shits about the politics of the brewery he is delivering to a random gas station? He has literally no affiliation. Also guys like you who randomly interject you opinions and beliefs into other people's lives who going about their business are fucking awful. "Hey I see you are getting that grape juice, did you know that was the same grape juice that guy who kidnapped those girls fed them!" Who fucking does shit like that.

ETA to clarify. Beer distribution legally has to go through a 3rd party. The guys you were talking to are not bud or coors employees.

Lighten the fuck up. I didnt interject anything. I actually included, on purpose, an out in my casual question (or is it all bullshit?)  and then thanked them.  

....the Coors guys were damned happy to answer.

Shit is what it is.

I'm quite light. My point is you, random 1 of 1000s customers at a gas station, decided today was the day to raise some social discord with this a random guy in the middle of a shift of unloading boxes in shitty gas stations. Then you thought so highly of that decision, you said to yourself, I should make a thread about this amazing defense of conservative values against this beer delivery man. Y'all are fucking weird.
and ignored.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 9:36:16 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Sorry if I hit a nerve there. I fully explained you were not talking to a person with any substantial knowledge of what you were asking him, which was the sales impact of the tranny cans. It would be like asking the guy framing a house, "what do you think of these intrest rates?" 1 he doesn't care. 2. You are a random guy interjecting yourself while he in the middle of his job. Somehow you decided "Hey I should post this".
View Quote

Thats some ironic shit considering how you have been showing your ass with every post in this thread.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 9:37:35 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

Guess we found the Bud Lite drinker
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 9:40:45 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

You may not know this, but the man on the street has the pulse of such things. I like talking to such people. It has served me well.  Even if some people dont want to talk or are not telling the truth.

View Quote

this
about a month ago I was filling up at go gas along a stretch of car dealerships
a gentleman pulled in on the other side and had a Toyota golf shirt on - figured he worked there and asked him his opinion on the current car market
more than happy to talk about it wasn’t a big deal
no scowly looks or bad attitude but think he happy talked it up a bit which is his prerogative
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 9:43:13 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Working man delivery driver don't need screwed with.  
  Though they might be told to give that answer if asked.
View Quote

I've been ordered to lie when people ask me that.
Geez, I wish people would quit asking me that.
I hate lying. It's all so tiring. Assholes everywhere I go. <-- Bud truck drivers everywhere
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 9:43:35 AM EDT
[#21]
I've been a Coors Light drinker for decades. The guy delivering Coors struck up a conversation with me yesterday at my local Walmart. Basically his gist was that he totally understands why people quit buying AB products and his sales are skyrocketing. But leave the Bud Lite guys alone, they are just putting food on the table.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 9:56:48 AM EDT
[#22]
My buddy owns a bar near an auto plant. The demand for Bud Light specifically has fallen tremendously. Many are unaware of InBev's reach and just order another InBev product. The benefit is the replacement product has a greater margin so it's win/win.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 10:00:16 AM EDT
[#23]
The disgust and consequences must be felt throughout the organism that is Bud Light.  Everyone that lived off it.  But you don’t need to despise very many..just a few at the point of decision.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 10:01:55 AM EDT
[#24]
What did the Shiner guys say?

I bet overall beer sales of the beer industry as a whole has increased since Bud did their thing, even with Bud’s obvious decline in sales.

Link Posted: 5/26/2023 10:07:53 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Lighten the fuck up. I didnt interject anything. I actually included, on purpose, an out in my casual question (or is it all bullshit?)  and then thanked them.  

Shit is what it is.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shit is what it is.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 10:14:30 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Why would a distributors truck driver know about sales? He would have been better off asking the clerk.
View Quote

If he normally drops off 300 cases of beer a day pre tranny, and now delivers 80 cases per day, I would say he knows sales are down.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 10:22:02 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Sorry if I hit a nerve there. I fully explained you were not talking to a person with any substantial knowledge of what you were asking him, which was the sales impact of the tranny cans. It would be like asking the guy framing a house, "what do you think of these intrest rates?" 1 he doesn't care. 2. You are a random guy interjecting yourself while he in the middle of his job. Somehow you decided "Hey I should post this".
View Quote

The guy makes his living delivering product. If he delivers a certain amount, he gets paid for the amount he delivers. If his route is now ordering half as much product, he will get paid showing the decline as well as how many cases he delivers each day.
The driver does know as well as anyone else how sales are going by how many cases he delivers. He may not know company wide, be sure as hell knows how much sales have dropped on his route.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 10:26:51 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

Someone was pulling your leg.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 10:28:01 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 11:38:01 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 12:00:30 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
So the guy driving an AB truck and wearing an AB shirt has no affiliation with AB?

Edit: and isn’t their stranglehold on the market due in part to their control of the distribution?

Serious question.  My wife isn’t/wasn’t in the industry, but I did watch Beer Wars so I feel like I’m just as much an expert.
View Quote

Depends on what you mean by "affiliation". He isn't an AB employee, if that's what you're asking. He's employed by whatever company the truck door says.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 12:13:48 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're reading a bit much into it. He said he just asked them about sales.

Ummm cause he stocks the shit and now he has to take it back.  The clerk will know about beer sales, the Bud Driver will know exactly how Bud sales are and how much they are hurting.  
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 12:32:31 PM EDT
[#33]
This 3-day weekend will be interesting as how sales are going to be.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 1:10:57 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I love a good walk in beer cooler during summer in Texas.
View Quote

No kidding. The warehouse behind my office has a freezer that I use periodically in the summer. I just walk in and stand there for a minute to cool off. It's COLD, like your shoes stick to the floor kind of cold.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 1:22:39 PM EDT
[#35]
Stick it to woke companies like AB by supporting other woke companies like Coors

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top