View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Key prices:

2.7L EcoBoost- $1,895

Sasquatch Package- $4,995

If you add the Samsquanch package, the 2.7, and a hard top to a four door base model Bronco, the resulting MSRP is $43,075.

Anyway... have fun.

Damn.  That's nicely appointed F150 territory there.

You mean that’s base f150 xlt 2.7 after incentives territory

If I met a genie one of my wishes would be that people who have not a single fucking clue about what they're talking about, especially when it comes to new truck pricing, would contract some disease where their fingers fell off and they couldn't post retarded bullshit on the internet
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 7:12:13 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a new truck with everything I wanted. I'm too old to be buying shit to try and look cool. No amount of cash or bling is gonna make me 25 again. I'm thankful I'm in good health and have what I have. Good on any young folks who can cruise in one of those. That would be badass driving to the beach with some blonde companions for company
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 7:23:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

If I met a genie one of my wishes would be that people who have not a single fucking clue about what they're talking about, especially when it comes to new truck pricing, would contract some disease where their fingers fell off and they couldn't post retarded bullshit on the internet
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Key prices:

2.7L EcoBoost- $1,895

Sasquatch Package- $4,995

If you add the Samsquanch package, the 2.7, and a hard top to a four door base model Bronco, the resulting MSRP is $43,075.

Anyway... have fun.

You mean that’s base f150 xlt 2.7 after incentives territory

Yeah, that seems cheap. My new F150 was $58k
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 7:26:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Yeah, that seems cheap. My new F150 was $58k
View Quote

Did you get an xlt with the 2.7? Pay sticker price?
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 9:38:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Ive got a reservation.

Looking at 4dr big bend
Area 51 color
Hard top
2.7 EB
Mid package
12” sync 4
Rear locker
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 10:58:16 PM EDT
[#6]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm up to about $55,000 to get close t what I want...  

Looks like I will be keeping the Wrangler a bit longer.

https://www.carscoops.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/2021-Jeep-Wrangler-V8-2.jpg

There's a 450hp SRT 6.4L V8 Wrangler coming  

LOL SRT.

FCA is going to make good margins on the handful of those they sell for $65k or something while the Bronco’s 2.7 will have the Wrangler outclassed everywhere from $35k-$50k.

They need a response to the 2.7 that’s affordable and available in every trim.
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 11:01:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Bronco was always expensive.

In 1996 (last year for the Bronco) the Eddie Bauer bronco was over $40,000 - that's around $65k+ in 2020 dollars.

The base model Bronco was about 50% more than the similarly equipped F150 that it was based on.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bronco was always expensive.

In 1996 (last year for the Bronco) the Eddie Bauer bronco was over $40,000 - that's around $65k+ in 2020 dollars.

The base model Bronco was about 50% more than the similarly equipped F150 that it was based on.

i would pay $65k for a new bronco if they still made the 90s FSB.
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 11:08:07 PM EDT
[#8]

This is what the bronco reminds me of.
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 11:20:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Don't worry I bet they won't sell below MSRP for the first 18 months
View Quote

This guy gets it. Good luck getting any discounts. Actually....good luck seeing one on a dealer lot that isn't sold until this time next year. Last I saw Ford had like 180,000 reservations. They are expecting a 75% take rate on those reservations. So figure 120,000 sold units have to be produced before the lot ones get built. That's got to be over first year production and probably most of 2022 production. It will be sticker or more for the first year at least.
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 11:30:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

43k for a nicely equipped F-150? Lol It’s not 2000 anymore.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 8:00:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
4 door Bronco? Dafuq?
View Quote

Yup, Ford fucked up bigly with this turd, and I’m a diehard Ford guy. No V-8 option. No solid front axle. No manual hubs. Too many electronic doo dads. Hard pass. I’m actively searching out a 92-96 Bronco to replace my long gone ‘94.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 8:05:17 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I've never really wanted a new Jeep, but I'm really tempted by this Bronco.

Off to cyber-build one...
View Quote

This. We were talking about possibly getting one next year for a "weekend" vehicle as we both drive pickup trucks full of tools, equipment etc
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 8:07:14 AM EDT
[#13]
I’d be the base model buyer but time will tell. Wife’s been talking about me getting a new 4x4 in the next couple years. Haven’t had a payment in a loooooong time. I’m conflicted. I’ve fell in love with the Gladiator but I hate Chrysler at the same time and don’t trust them. Bronco is appealing but I question long term reliability there too. Truck wise I’m a Toyota guy and it’s really all I have full faith in. But I’m kinda meh on the taco and 4Runner. Is it so much to ask for a 70 series here....
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 8:13:49 AM EDT
[#14]
Finally got some time to play with this this morning.

Built out a 4 door badlands equivalent to a loaded up 4 door Rubi

Bronco is right in line price-wise, with a couple of extra tricks that jeep doesn't have yet like the 35's, 10 speed, wireless charging, 360 camera, boosti boi V6, etc.

Only weird thing I encountered was with the hardtop it wouldn't allow me to select a hardtop liner with the 2.7, required a switch back to 2.3.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 8:47:50 AM EDT
[#15]
Why would they not offer that smaller Powerstroke in these? It would still meet the super sweet emissions requirements and get all of the diesel guys rock hard. I would snatch up the first one with a 5.0L myself. Make it a real Bronco.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 8:56:08 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I just played around with it, the Wildtrak with a few desirable options MSRP came up to $54K. That is too much for what it is IMO.
View Quote

Keep in mind Ford wants a big share of the Jeep market, so they'll probably be heavily incentivized to get people in the door when they hit the dealer's lots.

That MSRP will probably have 10k off the top before haggling.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 9:01:22 AM EDT
[#17]
I can say that the 2.7 ecoboost is a beast in my 2019 F150. I can only how it will perform in the Bronco
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 10:20:57 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I can say that the 2.7 ecoboost is a beast in my 2019 F150. I can only how it will perform in the Bronco
View Quote

High-Output 3.5L V6 EcoBoost® Engine in the Warthog wouldn't be too shabby either...
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 10:59:24 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
4 door Bronco? Dafuq?
View Quote

Uhh... yes?

They want to sell vehicles. The take rate on the 2 door is going to be well under 20% and perhaps under 10%. Outside of sports cars, people don't really buy 2 door anything anymore.

I'm actually surprised they're even offering a 2 door at all.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 11:02:20 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Keep in mind Ford wants a big share of the Jeep market, so they'll probably be heavily incentivized to get people in the door when they hit the dealer's lots.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I just played around with it, the Wildtrak with a few desirable options MSRP came up to $54K. That is too much for what it is IMO.

LOL.

Those are F-150 incentives, and I'm not sure you can even get those on the F-150 right now with the generational change.

There's HUGE demand for the Bronco, and Ford can only build so many units per month. There's not going to be big incentives for a while until one side of that equation changes.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 12:13:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jeep might try to compete...but Toyota will probably raise prices just in spite.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 12:16:44 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Doing a 4 door Black Diamond with V6/auto, mid, hard top and Sasquatch in Cactus Gray. It looks like itll be around $46k from Stephens Auto at -1000 invoice and invoice pricing on options.
View Quote

We aren't too far from Granger but to get the Oct discount I'd have to cancel my current reservation (even though Ford allows me one change so I could change to Granger and maintain my place in line...but nope.)
They wrote that even if you have a current reservation with them to get the Oct discount you have to cancel your reservation with them and put in another one...losing your place in line...
Who knows how long that would take to see your vehicle...
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 12:30:39 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Finally got some time to play with this this morning.

Built out a 4 door badlands equivalent to a loaded up 4 door Rubi

Bronco is right in line price-wise, with a couple of extra tricks that jeep doesn't have yet like the 35's, 10 speed, wireless charging, 360 camera, boosti boi V6, etc.

Only weird thing I encountered was with the hardtop it wouldn't allow me to select a hardtop liner with the 2.7, required a switch back to 2.3.
View Quote

Yeah, add a roof rack of any type and it makes you switch to 2.3.  I would really need to test drive one before buying but it is fun to use the configuration tool just to see.  I doubt I will end up with one just because I am sure it will be so limited for the next 2 years that I won't want to pay over MSRP for something configured less than what I would want.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 12:30:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Yup, Ford fucked up bigly with this turd, and I’m a diehard Ford guy. No V-8 option. No solid front axle. No manual hubs. Too many electronic doo dads. Hard pass. I’m actively searching out a 92-96 Bronco to replace my long gone ‘94.
View Quote

Secretly, there is a huge demand for manual hubs.  Also vacuum operated wipers.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 12:31:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Dial fuckin shifter? That just soured the deal. Late.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 12:38:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Dial fuckin shifter? That just soured the deal. Late.
View Quote

Still has a neutral position on the dial.  I agree, give me a physical shifter, but it’s not like electronic ones aren’t robust, and if it fails on the trail just take off the shift motor and turn it manually
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 12:39:10 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Snort

Although I could see manual hubs returning, get better gas mileage
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 12:44:02 PM EDT
[#28]
So... the four door Bronco that Ford was touting outside their plant this past summer was a fucking lie. No 35" T/A tires w/ Bead-locked wheels (matte black) are available under any package/trim.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 12:48:15 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
So... the four door Bronco that Ford was touting outside their plant this past summer was a fucking lie. No 35" T/A tires w/ Bead-locked wheels (matte black) are available under any package/trim.
View Quote

35s and beadlock capable wheels are available on every trim, that's what the Sasquatch package is
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 12:50:30 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

35s and beadlock capable wheels are available on every trim, that's what the Sasquatch package is
View Quote

T/A old boy. Not Mud Terrains..
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 12:52:19 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

Wat?
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 12:53:41 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

T/A old boy. Not Mud Terrains..
View Quote

Oh jesus. Splitting hairs
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 12:57:49 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

So first we have one person who obviously lacks reading comprehension skills, and another that does as well, including possessing an inclination to state in a public forum there's a hair's difference between all terrain and mud terrain tires? Holy fucking Christ.. Scares me that people like that are allowed to even look at offroad vehicles.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 12:59:40 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

So first we have one person who obviously lacks reading comprehension skills, and another that does as well, including possessing an inclination to state in a public forum there's a hair's difference between all terrain and mud terrain tires? Holy fucking Christ.. Scares me that people like that on allowed to even look at offroad vehicles.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So first we have one person who obviously lacks reading comprehension skills, and another that does as well, including possessing an inclination to state in a public forum there's a hair's difference between all terrain and mud terrain tires? Holy fucking Christ.. Scares me that people like that on allowed to even look at offroad vehicles.

Says the guy who thinks "T/A" means it's an all-terrain tire

Link Posted: 10/24/2020 1:01:11 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/58021/FE2D11A5-8D66-4078-826A-00F8526825B2-1651624.png
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 1:02:34 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/58021/FE2D11A5-8D66-4078-826A-00F8526825B2-1651624.png
View Quote

Well, I made mistake of not stating all terrains at first. Even though the specific vehicle I mentioned is pictured with KO2s. But who's the even bigger moron that thinks there's barely a difference between those and M/Ts?
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 1:06:39 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Well, I made mistake of not stating all terrains at first. Even though the specific vehicle I mentioned is pictured with KO2s. But who's the even bigger moron that thinks there's barely a difference between those and M/Ts?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nobody said there's "barely a difference" between all-terrain tires and mud-terrain tires.  He was referring to your comments about the type of tire shown on a pre-production concept vehicle and what is actually being offered by the manufacturer.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 1:11:55 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Nobody said there's "barely a difference" between all-terrain tires and mud-terrain tires.  He was referring to your comments about the type of tire shown on a pre-production concept vehicle and what is actually being offered by the manufacturer.
View Quote

Exactly. If his biggest gripe is that they originally showed 35" AT tires but the production has 35" MT I don't know what to say. For about a grand, they could be switched out the day you buy it, and sell the original tires for nearly full price.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 1:13:26 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Exactly. If his biggest gripe is that they originally showed 35" AT tires but the production has 35" MT I don't know what to say. For about a grand, they could be switched out the day you buy it, and sell the original tires for nearly full price.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If it's the concept I'm thinking of it wasn't even on OEM wheels, it was on Fifteen52 Turbomac HD wheels that aren't beadlocks or beadlock-capable like the production models will have.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 1:16:28 PM EDT
[#40]
I'm just jealous that my wife is going to buy a Bronco with 35" tires factory, when I was stuck with 33s on my 18 Rubicon.
And she is getting a two door while I'm driving the "family wagon" four door
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 1:18:19 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I'm just jealous that my wife is going to buy a Bronco with 35" tires factory, when I was stuck with 33s on my 18 Rubicon.
View Quote

I'm going to ride out the initial hysteria in my 4Runner and will trade it for a 2dr Basequatch (apologies to everyone who wanted me to buy a boomer truck ), at which point I will begin convincing the wife to trade her Tiguan for a 4dr
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 1:28:49 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I'm going to ride out the initial hysteria in my 4Runner and will trade it for a 2dr Basequatch (apologies to everyone who wanted me to buy a boomer truck ), at which point I will begin convincing the wife to trade her Tiguan for a 4dr
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think I’ll be ditching my 4runner and going with a Sasquatch badlands order. Jeep guy you know you can fit 35s on a stock rubicon without issue right?
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 1:29:44 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 1:45:10 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I wonder how these will drive/ride on the highway. I've read that supposedly the JL was really improved over the JK in that regard. Like the Wranglers, I suspect most of these will ultimately live most their lives on pavement.

I'm a dyed in the wool FCA fan, and consider competition to be a good thing.
View Quote

I haven't ridden in a JL, so I cannot comment, but the 4-door JK rides decently on the highway. I have a ,'17 JKUR and part of my daily commute is highway. I have also taken it on several 8+ hour interstate highway trips without any issue.  It doesn't ride like a Cadillac, but it isn't bad at all.

I follow these Bronco threads because I think it is a cool vehicle and find it all very interesting. I love my Jeep, and hope that Ford sells tons of these Broncos so that Jeep will have to improve its offerings.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 1:46:29 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I haven't ridden in a JL, so I cannot comment, but the 4-door JK rides decently on the highway. I have a ,'17 JKUR and part of my daily commute is highway. I have also taken it on several 8+ hour interstate highway trips without any issue.  It doesn't ride like a Cadillac, but it isn't bad at all.

I follow these Bronco threads because I think it is a cool vehicle and find it all very interesting. I love my Jeep, and hope that Ford sells tons of these Broncos so that Jeep will have to improve its offerings.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I wonder how these will drive/ride on the highway. I've read that supposedly the JL was really improved over the JK in that regard. Like the Wranglers, I suspect most of these will ultimately live most their lives on pavement.

I'm a dyed in the wool FCA fan, and consider competition to be a good thing.

Jeep will do something to improve, Toyota will add another off the shelf roof-rack and cooler.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 1:50:11 PM EDT
[#46]
the Base 2 door comes with 4.46 Rear Axle Final Drive Ratio.

is that good?
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 1:52:13 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I wonder how these will drive/ride on the highway.
View Quote

If they aren't a capable highway vehicle sales will suffer.
Hopefully the removable top and doors don't lead to lots of wind noise and leaks.
To sell lots you can't rely on off road minded sales. Its a small niche market.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 1:53:38 PM EDT
[#48]
In before death wobble
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 1:54:17 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
In before death wobble
View Quote

Has someone done a SAS already?
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 1:54:32 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Jeep will do something to improve, Toyota will add another off the shelf roof-rack and cooler.
View Quote

You give them too much credit.

It will be another exclusive paint code and even blacker badges at best.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top