BCM
User Panel

Page / 9
Link Posted: 11/14/2022 8:11:46 PM EDT
[#1]

Link Posted: 11/14/2022 9:04:38 PM EDT
[#2]
More incestuous FTX cronyism:

SBF's brother Gabe Bankman-Fried was legislative correspondent for Rep. Sean Casten (D-IL) who sits on the House Financial Services Committee.
Link Posted: 11/14/2022 9:19:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Isn't this what all the Crypto supporters wanted?

Untraceable, uncontrolled funds with no accountability?

Lol shock it's all laundered away?!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

- Guy makes crypto exchange
- Guy becomes second biggest crypto exchange
- Guy's crypto exchange starts investing to make more money
- Guy's investments go south, but no one really knows.
- Guy's competitor tweets about it
- People panic withdraw
- Guy's exchange doesn't have all the money needed to handle requests, so all withdrawals are paused
- Guy then starts to pilfer the remaining amount of money, claiming he was hacked.

Isn't this what all the Crypto supporters wanted?

Untraceable, uncontrolled funds with no accountability?

Lol shock it's all laundered away?!

When Bernie Madoff scammed people out a millions of dollars you likely weren't crowing about how flawed the dollar is were you?

Bitcoin still works.  It's still hasn't been broken, corrupted, or otherwise interrupted.

What happened with FTX has happened in traditional finance all the time and quite famously.  Every time the tide goes out in the stock market you have "respectable" people and institutions whom you find out were making reckless bets backed by their customers assets with a dash of fraud and misrepresentation.

Link Posted: 11/14/2022 9:22:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/14/2022 9:22:23 PM EDT
[#5]
It's getting to the point when a ponzi scheme is uncovered a certain devotion of faith is overwhelmingly well represented.
Is there a Carnac for that.
Link Posted: 11/14/2022 9:25:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
It's getting to the point when a ponzi scheme is uncovered a certain devotion of faith is overwhelmingly well represented.
View Quote

There's a Dave Chappelle bit that covers this...  
Link Posted: 11/14/2022 10:02:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Adam Sandler has made a slight tweak to "The Hanukkah Song":

"Hunter Biden.... not a Jew!"
Link Posted: 11/14/2022 10:13:40 PM EDT
[#8]
It makes you wonder, did the Dems just offer up UKR to be slaughtered for the money? I know FTX was shoveling money to the Dems before, but maybe they had their eye on the billion for this year and 2024. FJB slyly gives Putin the nod, The Dems get the Reps. to join them in the shoveling of billions, with a few scraps for Turtle & Co.

Now that its blown up, talk of peace even breaking out.

On to the next fleecing. Which I'm sure will be based around our funding of rebuilding UKR.
Link Posted: 11/14/2022 10:39:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
It makes you wonder, did the Dems just offer up UKR to be slaughtered for the money? I know FTX was shoveling money to the Dems before, but maybe they had their eye on the billion for this year and 2024. FJB slyly gives Putin the nod, The Dems get the Reps. to join them in the shoveling of billions, with a few scraps for Turtle & Co.

On to the next fleecing. Which I'm sure will be based around our funding of rebuilding UKR.
View Quote

This has caught my attention as well
If the war ends all of a sudden, I’m gonna be floored by the timing
Link Posted: 11/14/2022 10:40:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

This has caught my attention as well
If the war ends all of a sudden, I’m gonna be floored by the timing
Link Posted: 11/14/2022 10:56:34 PM EDT
[#11]
2.5% of my hedge funds in my retirement account are wiped out because they were tied up in this money laundering shit show.
Link Posted: 11/14/2022 11:15:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
2.5% of my hedge funds in my retirement account are wiped out because they were tied up in this money laundering shit show.
View Quote

I'm dead serious:

If you're buying crypto, you must possess the keys to your coins. Any way to make this easy leads to fraud.

"Not your keys, not your coins"

Same idea with precious metals. Don't hold a stock in precious metals, if you want it as a hedge, possess the actual metal.
Link Posted: 11/14/2022 11:18:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 11/14/2022 11:31:03 PM EDT
[#14]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm dead serious:

If you're buying crypto, you must possess the keys to your coins. Any way to make this easy leads to fraud.

"Not your keys, not your coins"

Same idea with precious metals. Don't hold a stock in precious metals, if you want it as a hedge, possess the actual metal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzzKPwGhgXs

And indeed it is the same there as well.

Not your precious metals if you can't secure them.
Not your land if you can't defend it.
Link Posted: 11/15/2022 12:44:34 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

More stupid questions

Is it possible to create a trustless exchange which exchanges fiat for crypto and vice-versa - all while remaining trustless? How would such an exchange have to be implemented?
Does exchanging fiat for crypto etc make it inherently non-feasible for an exchange to be trustless? How does KYC factor into this, if it even does?
View Quote

With fiat?

No, totally impossible, by definition.

When you transfer your fiat to an exchange to receive a crypto deposit with the exchange, that fiat is transferred into one of the exchange's fiat corporate accounts, and held with a traditional fiat bank.

There are some block chains and crypto tech designed around swapping one crypto for another between two parties, but I'm not up to speed enough on it to speak to it intelligently in detail.
Link Posted: 11/15/2022 2:50:08 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

There's a Dave Chappelle bit that covers this...  
View Quote

The "latest news" on this "super anti-Semitic" rant SNL "allowed" to be broadcast forced me go watch that bit...because F*** SNL and their stupid leftist propaganda outlet some call comedy.

Oh, my god, how poignant it was. Pretty damned funny too. Anyone who hasn't, knock yourself out for 15 minutes. Some so-so jokes, he isn't wrong about Walker. Has a pretty odd case of TDS in recovery but who cares. Funny shit, and I'm more of a Gavin McInnes\JP Sears guy.
Link Posted: 11/15/2022 10:21:49 AM EDT
[#17]
Elon is providing a huge service by highlighting this shit

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/15/2022 10:26:01 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

This is what happens when people deal with others who are exactly like they are.
What makes them all the same is the predator/prey behavior of seeking to profit from the loss of others.
So whoever tries to screw over others makes themselves fair game to get screwed over by others.

This is how people get what they deserve.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is what happens when people deal with others who are exactly like they are.
What makes them all the same is the predator/prey behavior of seeking to profit from the loss of others.
So whoever tries to screw over others makes themselves fair game to get screwed over by others.

This is how people get what they deserve.

It is difficult to con an honest man and easy to con a con artist.
Link Posted: 11/15/2022 10:26:09 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Me in 2016: holy shit Trump won lmao suck it libs

Me in 2022: a satanic death cult elite world conspiracy is trying to concentrate all the wealth in the world while raping and ritualistically slaughtering infants
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/15/2022 10:44:26 AM EDT
[#20]
Some of O'Leary's comments aged like 3 week old milk.

"Kevin O’Leary EXPOSED During FTX Scandal"
Kevin O''Leary EXPOSED During FTX Scandal
Link Posted: 11/15/2022 5:50:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Leaked nudez from Caroline Ellison's OF:

Link Posted: 11/15/2022 6:14:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

More stupid questions

Is it possible to create a trustless exchange which exchanges fiat for crypto and vice-versa - all while remaining trustless? How would such an exchange have to be implemented?
Does exchanging fiat for crypto etc make it inherently non-feasible for an exchange to be trustless? How does KYC factor into this, if it even does?
View Quote

People used to exchange fiat - BTC in person, which is not exactly trustless because there is no guarantee of a mutual exchange. I suppose that scenario could be recreated with a third party acting as enforcer to guarantee the fiat side of the transaction, but Uncle Sam would crap on that especially without KYC.
When The Man deploys CBDC fiat, there could theoretically be an exchange that connects CBDC and blockchain for exchange. However, the CBDC by design has built in KYC and Big Brother control of who may make such an exchange.
KYC factors in because of government greed and power lust. If you want to do something informal like an in person exchange, black market, or you live in some magical country without a corrupt nanny state, then you could leave out KYC at your discretion and make it trustless with a boomstick.
Link Posted: 11/15/2022 6:23:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 11/15/2022 6:25:39 PM EDT
[#24]

Link Posted: 11/16/2022 12:17:17 AM EDT
[#25]
Probably don't have to tell anyone this, but the guy who performed print fellatio on SBF in the NYT is a member of the tribe.

Here's an honest take on the whole thing from the beginning.

https://twitter.com/mrjasonchoi/status/1592502785873825794?s=43&t=0pLh0Uy5BXStdQUXcBNcbw
Link Posted: 11/16/2022 7:21:16 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Probably don't have to tell anyone this, but the guy who performed print fellatio on SBF in the NYT is a member of the tribe.

https://twitter.com/mrjasonchoi/status/1592502785873825794?s=43&t=0pLh0Uy5BXStdQUXcBNcbw
View Quote

More direct link to the thread.

Link Posted: 11/16/2022 12:04:34 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

Crazy or not, they’ve been working overtime to prove Kanye right since he spoke out.
Link Posted: 11/16/2022 5:08:18 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 11/16/2022 5:50:20 PM EDT
[#30]

I just wanna say that Shibboleth is a great word
Link Posted: 11/16/2022 6:04:53 PM EDT
[#31]
Only a matter of time before we find out that Israel is somehow involved and then we......shut it down
Link Posted: 11/16/2022 6:07:27 PM EDT
[#32]

Let's pretend these are not above the law Democrats for a second.  How would authorities go about retrieving stolen money that was gifted when there's no actual capitol to retrieve anymore?   If someone stole $10k, gave it to me, then I spent it on lap dances abd cocaine, do I get a free pass?
Link Posted: 11/16/2022 6:59:33 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Let's pretend these are not above the law Democrats for a second.  How would authorities go about retrieving stolen money that was gifted when there's no actual capitol to retrieve anymore?   If someone stole $10k, gave it to me, then I spent it on lap dances abd cocaine, do I get a free pass?
View Quote

If you're a Democrat you do
Link Posted: 11/16/2022 7:51:59 PM EDT
[#34]
L O L

Turns out the guy also donated 23 million to GOP.

So this won't go anywhere
Link Posted: 11/16/2022 7:55:08 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

Well, if I stole money and spent the money. Then got caught. I would be in jail and owe all that money back. Enforced by the court through a payment plan. And if I failed to pay I would go back to jail.
Link Posted: 11/16/2022 7:59:06 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 11/16/2022 8:04:45 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Well, if I stole money and spent the money. Then got caught. I would be in jail and owe all that money back. Enforced by the court through a payment plan. And if I failed to pay I would go back to jail.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Understood, but what happens if you gave it to your friend and he says, "whoops, I spent it on an intangible object."?
Link Posted: 11/16/2022 8:21:34 PM EDT
[#38]

Link Posted: 11/16/2022 8:34:42 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

More stupid questions

View Quote

There are very few ways to on-ramp fiat without KYC but once you have funds onchain you can swap coins in a trustless way on DEXs (decentralized exchanges).

You can move funds from your bank to Coinbase and convert to USDC for free. USDC can be directly withdrawn to the Polygon network where you can trade for very low fees.

It's possible to bridge the USDC to other blockchains like Avalanche which have native BTC now that can then be withdrawn to a bitcoin wallet without KYC.
Link Posted: 11/16/2022 8:36:31 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Any evidence UKR invested in the FTX? I wouldn't be surprised, I just haven't seen anything on that angle.

https://www.coindesk.com/policy/2022/03/14/ukraine-partners-with-ftx-everstake-to-launch-new-crypto-donation-website/

And all of the "donations". Can be sent from Ukraine as it's not trackable.
Link Posted: 11/16/2022 8:42:30 PM EDT
[#41]
FSBF

Fucking Fed from the start.

And now the FTX "hacker" is the 35th largest holder of ETH after converting all of the stolen crypto.

This whole shit show is sickening and goes way deeper than just some nerds that blew up their exchange.

It's the biggest political money laundering operation in history.
Link Posted: 11/16/2022 9:36:17 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
FSBF

Fucking Fed from the start.

And now the FTX "hacker" is the 35th largest holder of ETH after converting all of the stolen crypto.

This whole shit show is sickening and goes way deeper than just some nerds that blew up their exchange.

It's the biggest political money laundering operation in history.
View Quote

Of course it is, and you're an anti-semite racist MAGA Qtard for noticing
Link Posted: 11/16/2022 9:38:48 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I just wanna say that Shibboleth is a great word
View Quote

Certainly a conspicuous one
Link Posted: 11/16/2022 9:41:24 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Of course it is, and you're an anti-semite racist MAGA Qtard for noticing
View Quote

You're right. I should be ashamed. He was just working on preventing the next pandemic when this terrible event happened to him.

Link Posted: 11/16/2022 9:48:44 PM EDT
[#45]
ETA beat, holy shit WP

Link Posted: 11/16/2022 10:19:56 PM EDT
[#46]
Pretty good rundown of what happened.
The FTX Disaster is Deeper Than you Think

Link Posted: 11/16/2022 10:29:00 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

You're right. I should be ashamed. He was just working on preventing the next pandemic when this terrible event happened to him.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FhuLTbEXoAIoMFy?format=jpg&name=medium

View Quote

Can't buy that kind of good coverage.. oh wait...
Link Posted: 11/16/2022 10:40:08 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

You're getting warmer
Link Posted: 11/16/2022 10:45:25 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

This man was buried in a mass grave.

Society in every state is a blessing, but Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one: for when we suffer, or are exposed to the same miseries by a Government, which we might expect in a country without Government, our calamity is heightened by reflecting that we furnish the means by which we suffer. Government, like dress, is the badge of lost innocence; the palaces of kings are built upon the ruins of the bowers of paradise. For were the impulses of conscience clear, uniform and irresistibly obeyed, man would need no other law-giver; but that not being the case, he finds it necessary to surrender up a part of his property to furnish means for the protection of the rest; and this he is induced to do by the same prudence which in every other case advises him, out of two evils to choose the least. Wherefore, security being the true design and end of government, it unanswerably follows that whatever form thereof appears most likely to ensure it to us, with the least expence and greatest benefit, is preferable to all others.
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/16/2022 11:58:01 PM EDT
[#50]
Wow, Michael Lewis had been working on a book about FTX for six months

https://theankler.com/p/hwood-ftx-frenzy-as-michael-lewis
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top