Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/7/2022 3:52:38 PM EDT
The Jeep® Brand Announces Unprecedented Overlanding Trailer Co-Launch With ADDAX Overland™

The Jeep Branded Edition's groundbreaking build is rugged, lightweight and compact enough to follow a Jeep Trail-Rated® vehicle over the most demanding terrain—all without compromising a Jeep brand vehicle's signature stability and efficiency.

Boasting an unprecedented dry weight of just 850 pounds, Jeep adventure seekers can now tow a1,200 pound payload up previously unfathomable terrain—all without compromising a Jeep brand vehicle's signature stability and efficiency. The Jeep Branded Edition's high-strength, lightweight engineering makes it the perfect companion for technical rock climbers and beginner off-roaders alike. And thanks to the Jeep Branded Edition's foldable tongue and compact 5-foot-by-6 foot dimensions, even those adventurers with limited garage space can always be ready to get off the grid.

The Jeep Branded Edition's independent torsion axle trailer suspension system provides an aggressive 17 inches of ground clearance for maximum maneuverability, control and comfort. And the 3/16 inch military-grade steel chassis and 14-gauge steel body are seamlessly bent instead of welded to deliver industry-leading durability. The Jeep Branded Edition comes standard with a robust 35 cubic square feet of storage; four 8,000 pound stabilizing corner jacks; a foldable tongue; an articulating hitch; a rear receiver hitch and a heavy-duty, custom rack for endless mounting possibilities.

https://www.globenewswire.com/news-release/2022/11/04/2549007/0/en/The-Jeep-Brand-Announces-Unprecedented-Overlanding-Trailer-Co-Launch-With-ADDAX-Overland.html
Link Posted: 11/7/2022 3:57:36 PM EDT
[#1]
So does the trailer get it's own duck when being towed around town?
Link Posted: 11/7/2022 3:58:41 PM EDT
[#2]
I know the smaller military trailers like the m416 have long dried up.
It will be interesting to see how it does against the larger trailers like the m1102 and m101a2.

M416

M101A2

https://www.easternsurplus.net/GalleryDetails/752/Jeep-M416-Cargo-Trailer-3

M1102

https://www.expedition.supply/military-trailer-specifications/
Link Posted: 11/7/2022 3:59:03 PM EDT
[#3]
So you have something to sleep in when it breaks down.

Link Posted: 11/7/2022 3:59:36 PM EDT
[#4]
nvm
Link Posted: 11/7/2022 3:59:40 PM EDT
[#5]
On the bright side the Jeep's frame isn't long enough for leverage so when the owner Baja's the thing over a bump the frame won't fold in half like the midsized trucks.
Link Posted: 11/7/2022 4:02:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Here's some jeeps that actually went off roading.

Link Posted: 11/7/2022 4:03:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Eventually it will be converted to carry a diesel generator to supply power to all the EV greenies.  

EV Thread
Link Posted: 11/7/2022 4:05:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/7/2022 4:07:21 PM EDT
[#9]
I’ll pass.

No sleeping in a tent for me. My definition of roughing it when I go off-roading is staying at a Motel 6.
Link Posted: 11/7/2022 4:10:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Cool, nice little trailer with the roof top pop up tent.

I'm hoping to get a tear drop off-road trailer at some point in a few years time. Still working on getting my Rubicon to where I want it for overlanding and for right now sticking to a ground tent. I can't do the roof top tents, because I have a 90 lbs German Shepherd Dog I take with me everywhere.

The overland trailer though is the way to go, especially if you can pretty much have everything you want packed into it and ready to go with little packing/prep time before hand. Makes those short weekend overland trips so easy.  Plus, with the trailer you can still do the soft top or no top. Whereas, with the roof top jeeps that go on the top of the Jeep itself you've got to install a whole backbone rack system capable of supporting it, which I'm not a fan of doing.  Half the fun of the Jeep is taking the doors and top off.  

Link Posted: 11/7/2022 4:10:07 PM EDT
[#11]
lol

Link Posted: 11/7/2022 4:12:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Almost 20k!?

No fricking way.

Link Posted: 11/7/2022 4:14:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Starting price of $18,995?
Using a real military trailer you could build a better camper for far far less.
Link Posted: 11/7/2022 4:15:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Looks like the top from a garbage dumpster.
Link Posted: 11/7/2022 4:15:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Starting price of $18,995?
Using a real military trailer you could build a better camper for far far less.
View Quote

Welcome to paying other people to build things for you in a category that has a pretty big "influencers will buy this" tax built in to every product.
Link Posted: 11/7/2022 4:30:36 PM EDT
[#16]
$19K for a basic trailer, the RTT isn’t included.

Is there a cargo management system — drawers, and such. How about power management? Fridge slide?

Not saying that as a Jeep hater. I’m actually considering a Gladiator.

But that’s a lot of change for a trailer with a badge.
Link Posted: 11/7/2022 8:54:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

$19K for a tent-trailer? Rich mans toy. Us poors will continue sleeping on the stony ground in our Wal-Mart tents.

The good news is after a few bourbons in your tin cup, you won't know the difference.
Link Posted: 11/7/2022 9:20:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Hmmm

Never heard of them so did a bit of google.

ADDAX Overland's CEO is a Harvard law grad.

Best I can tell, they have never built a trailer.

They just registered their trademark in August.

I guess the CEO was roomie or frat bro of some bigwig at Jeep.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top