Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 7/28/2022 12:16:20 AM EDT
This is a reminder that Christ offers not only eternal life as a free gift, but healing and hope for a future unbound by sin. For

As surely as I live, declares the Sovereign LORD, I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn from their ways and live. Turn! Turn from your evil ways! Why will you die, people of Israel?’ Ezekiel 33:11

It’s not too late yet to turn to Christ, but the warning signs are becoming more frequent. Trust in Him and repent while you still can, because destruction awaits those who do not!

The Destruction of the Temple and Signs of the End Times

1 Jesus left the temple and was walking away when his disciples came up to him to call his attention to its buildings. 2 “Do you see all these things?” he asked. “Truly I tell you, not one stone here will be left on another; every one will be thrown down.”

3 As Jesus was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to him privately. “Tell us,” they said, “when will this happen, and what will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the age?”

4 Jesus answered: “Watch out that no one deceives you. 5 For many will come in my name, claiming, ‘I am the Messiah,’ and will deceive many. 6 You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come. 7 Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places. 8 All these are the beginning of birth pains.

9 “Then you will be handed over to be persecuted and put to death, and you will be hated by all nations because of me. 10 At that time many will turn away from the faith and will betray and hate each other, 11 and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people. 12 Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold, 13 but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved. 14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.

15 “So when you see standing in the holy place ‘the abomination that causes desolation,’ spoken of through the prophet Daniel—let the reader understand— 16 then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains. 17 Let no one on the housetop go down to take anything out of the house. 18 Let no one in the field go back to get their cloak. 19 How dreadful it will be in those days for pregnant women and nursing mothers! 20 Pray that your flight will not take place in winter or on the Sabbath. 21 For then there will be great distress, unequaled from the beginning of the world until now—and never to be equaled again.

22 “If those days had not been cut short, no one would survive, but for the sake of the elect those days will be shortened. 23 At that time if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Messiah!’ or, ‘There he is!’ do not believe it. 24 For false messiahs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect. 25 See, I have told you ahead of time.

26 “So if anyone tells you, ‘There he is, out in the wilderness,’ do not go out; or, ‘Here he is, in the inner rooms,’ do not believe it. 27 For as lightning that comes from the east is visible even in the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man. 28 Wherever there is a carcass, there the vultures will gather.

29 “Immediately after the distress of those days

“‘the sun will be darkened,
   and the moon will not give its light;
the stars will fall from the sky,
   and the heavenly bodies will be shaken.’

30 “Then will appear the sign of the Son of Man in heaven. And then all the peoples of the earth will mourn when they see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven, with power and great glory. 31 And he will send his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other.

32 “Now learn this lesson from the fig tree: As soon as its twigs get tender and its leaves come out, you know that summer is near. 33 Even so, when you see all these things, you know that it is near, right at the door. 34 Truly I tell you, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened. 35 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.

The Day and Hour Unknown

36 “But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son,[f] but only the Father. 37 As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. 38 For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark; 39 and they knew nothing about what would happen until the flood came and took them all away. That is how it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. 40 Two men will be in the field; one will be taken and the other left. 41 Two women will be grinding with a hand mill; one will be taken and the other left.

42 “Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come. 43 But understand this: If the owner of the house had known at what time of night the thief was coming, he would have kept watch and would not have let his house be broken into. 44 So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him.

45 “Who then is the faithful and wise servant, whom the master has put in charge of the servants in his household to give them their food at the proper time? 46 It will be good for that servant whose master finds him doing so when he returns. 47 Truly I tell you, he will put him in charge of all his possessions. 48 But suppose that servant is wicked and says to himself, ‘My master is staying away a long time,’ 49 and he then begins to beat his fellow servants and to eat and drink with drunkards. 50 The master of that servant will come on a day when he does not expect him and at an hour he is not aware of. 51 He will cut him to pieces and assign him a place with the hypocrites, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 12:18:33 AM EDT
[#1]
No thanks.
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 12:19:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Lord of the rings has a better story line.
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 12:19:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 12:21:31 AM EDT
[#4]
I have my covenant with the Lord.
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 12:28:00 AM EDT
[#5]
God left Africa Earth a long time ago.
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 12:30:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Amen amen.
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 12:31:56 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm good. You do you, though
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 12:32:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Move this to the religion forum. The pulpit preaching here in GD is getting tiresome.
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 12:33:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 12:38:24 AM EDT
[#10]
TL;DR
Kneel or Hell, right?
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 12:45:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Move this to the religion forum. The pulpit preaching here in GD is getting tiresome.
View Quote

I enjoyed reading it. It’s always good to be prepared to head for the hills. I mean God Almighty himself practically says keep your rifle by your side. The Godless government is bidding its time to murder you in service of dark forces.

Sound advice. Considering all them dead people in Europe the Middle East and Asia in the last human life span. Shoulda listened.
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 12:45:46 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 12:46:32 AM EDT
[#13]
Amen OP.
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 12:48:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Excellent selection of scripture OP-that was a good read.
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 12:49:08 AM EDT
[#15]
Amen!

Praise King Jesus!
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 12:49:19 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Amen amen.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/28/2022 12:49:59 AM EDT
[#17]
OP you are correct.  Without repentance from our rebellion against God, this nation will absolutely fall.
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 12:51:25 AM EDT
[#18]
If Jesus appeared and told you everything in the Bible was inaccurate or a flat out lie, what would you believe?
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 12:52:10 AM EDT
[#19]
You know why pastors have sermons?

Because quoting ancient theology text is a quick way to make people's eyes glaze over.

Taking the word of God and applying it to modern day situations with modern language still gets the word out, but draws people in.
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 12:52:24 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes lets just cancel anything you don't like here.

Love these threads. They always bring out the closet lefties.
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 12:52:31 AM EDT
[#21]
I like the part where Jesus chased the bankers with a whip.  Can we just do that part?
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 12:52:50 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
If Jesus appeared and told you everything in the Bible was inaccurate or a flat out lie, what would you believe?
View Quote

Jesus just cut my grass and told me I owed him $40.  I figured it was a good deal.
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 12:53:14 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

If Jesus said have a rifle ammo and a ruck ready 2000 years ago, would you listen?
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 12:55:16 AM EDT
[#24]
For the last thirty to forty years I've been hearing that....

I'm still here.
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 12:58:26 AM EDT
[#25]
I was off in the weeds for a long time...in the last year my faith has gotten stronger than ever.

Link Posted: 7/28/2022 1:01:13 AM EDT
[#26]
I hope that preacher gets his million dollars of jewelry back.
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 1:01:31 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 1:01:35 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
This is a reminder that Christ offers not only eternal life as a free gift, but healing and hope for a future unbound by sin. For

As surely as I live, declares the Sovereign LORD, I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn from their ways and live. Turn! Turn from your evil ways! Why will you die, people of Israel?’ Ezekiel 33:11
View Quote

It's wayyy too late at night to get into an eschatology debate but I for one love to see the Gospel discussed in GD.
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 1:04:35 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Matthew 24:36
“But concerning that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father only."
View Quote

I've been assured it's any day now for a long time.

One church I attended even convinced people to stop contributing to their 401ks .

Growing up I never thought I'd live this long
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 1:05:10 AM EDT
[#30]
I grew up in an ultra-religious household.
As a result, I believe in God, but not the Bible.
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 1:06:21 AM EDT
[#31]
Roger that OP.

Jesus is Lord!
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 1:07:24 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

It’s not too late yet to turn to Christ, but the warning signs are becoming more frequent. Trust in Him and repent while you still can, because destruction awaits those who do not!

The Destruction of the Temple and Signs of the End Times

1 Jesus left the temple and was walking away when his disciples came up to him to call his attention to its buildings. 2 “Do you see all these things?” he asked. “Truly I tell you, not one stone here will be left on another; every one will be thrown down.”

3 As Jesus was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to him privately. “Tell us,” they said, “when will this happen, and what will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the age?”

4 Jesus answered: “Watch out that no one deceives you. 5 For many will come in my name, claiming, ‘I am the Messiah,’ and will deceive many. 6 You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come. 7 Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places. 8 All these are the beginning of birth pains.

9 “Then you will be handed over to be persecuted and put to death, and you will be hated by all nations because of me. 10 At that time many will turn away from the faith and will betray and hate each other, 11 and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people. 12 Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold, 13 but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved. 14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.

15 “So when you see standing in the holy place ‘the abomination that causes desolation,’ spoken of through the prophet Daniel—let the reader understand— 16 then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains. 17 Let no one on the housetop go down to take anything out of the house. 18 Let no one in the field go back to get their cloak. 19 How dreadful it will be in those days for pregnant women and nursing mothers! 20 Pray that your flight will not take place in winter or on the Sabbath. 21 For then there will be great distress, unequaled from the beginning of the world until now—and never to be equaled again.

22 “If those days had not been cut short, no one would survive, but for the sake of the elect those days will be shortened. 23 At that time if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Messiah!’ or, ‘There he is!’ do not believe it. 24 For false messiahs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect. 25 See, I have told you ahead of time.

26 “So if anyone tells you, ‘There he is, out in the wilderness,’ do not go out; or, ‘Here he is, in the inner rooms,’ do not believe it. 27 For as lightning that comes from the east is visible even in the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man. 28 Wherever there is a carcass, there the vultures will gather.

29 “Immediately after the distress of those days

“‘the sun will be darkened,
   and the moon will not give its light;
the stars will fall from the sky,
   and the heavenly bodies will be shaken.’

30 “Then will appear the sign of the Son of Man in heaven. And then all the peoples of the earth will mourn when they see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven, with power and great glory. 31 And he will send his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other.

32 “Now learn this lesson from the fig tree: As soon as its twigs get tender and its leaves come out, you know that summer is near. 33 Even so, when you see all these things, you know that it is near, right at the door. 34 Truly I tell you, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened. 35 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.

The Day and Hour Unknown

36 “But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son,[f] but only the Father. 37 As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. 38 For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark; 39 and they knew nothing about what would happen until the flood came and took them all away. That is how it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. 40 Two men will be in the field; one will be taken and the other left. 41 Two women will be grinding with a hand mill; one will be taken and the other left.

42 “Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come. 43 But understand this: If the owner of the house had known at what time of night the thief was coming, he would have kept watch and would not have let his house be broken into. 44 So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him.

45 “Who then is the faithful and wise servant, whom the master has put in charge of the servants in his household to give them their food at the proper time? 46 It will be good for that servant whose master finds him doing so when he returns. 47 Truly I tell you, he will put him in charge of all his possessions. 48 But suppose that servant is wicked and says to himself, ‘My master is staying away a long time,’ 49 and he then begins to beat his fellow servants and to eat and drink with drunkards. 50 The master of that servant will come on a day when he does not expect him and at an hour he is not aware of. 51 He will cut him to pieces and assign him a place with the hypocrites, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
View Quote

Or not…..

Link Posted: 7/28/2022 1:08:32 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I'm still here.
View Quote

Here's the answer
2 Peter 3

Beloved, I now write to you this second epistle that you may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us, the apostles of the Lord and Savior, knowing this first: that scoffers will come in the last days, walking according to their own lusts, and saying, "Where is the promise of His coming? For since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of creation." For this they willfully forget: that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of water and in the water, by which the world that then existed perished, being flooded with water. But the heavens and the earth which are now preserved by the same word, are reserved for fire until the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

But, beloved, do not forget this one thing, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.

Link Posted: 7/28/2022 1:09:52 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

Pot calling Kettle
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 1:13:59 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Here's the answer
2 Peter 3

Beloved, I now write to you this second epistle that you may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us, the apostles of the Lord and Savior, knowing this first: that scoffers will come in the last days, walking according to their own lusts, and saying, "Where is the promise of His coming? For since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of creation." For this they willfully forget: that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of water and in the water, by which the world that then existed perished, being flooded with water. But the heavens and the earth which are now preserved by the same word, are reserved for fire until the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

But, beloved, do not forget this one thing, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.

View Quote

At one point 1 2 3 4 5 6 will win the lotto. Live your life accordingly.
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 1:13:59 AM EDT
[#36]
In the beginning
Good always overpowered the evils
Of all man's sins...
But in time
The nations grew weak
And our cities fell to slums
While evil stood strong
In the dusts of hell
Lurked the blackest of hates
For he whom they feared
Awaited them...
Now many many life times later
Lay destroyed beaten down
Only corpses of rebels
Ashes of dreams
And blood stained streets...
It has been written
"Those who have the youth
Have the future"
So come now children of the beast
Be strong
And shout at the devil
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 1:14:40 AM EDT
[#37]
lol
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 1:17:09 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I have my covenant with the Lord.
View Quote

Awesome.
I have a covenant with Satan.
My god can beat up your god.
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 1:17:18 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 1:19:33 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pretty sure Jesus was a communist. Threw the money changers out of the temple. Why you hate the free market bro?
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 1:20:07 AM EDT
[#41]
Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 1:23:20 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
TL;DR
Kneel or Hell, right?
View Quote

Pretty much. I don't see much difference between praising the Dear Leader for eternity and roasting in hell. Seems equally tiresome.
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 1:26:52 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
OP you are correct.  Without repentance from our rebellion against God, this nation will absolutely fall.
View Quote
Amen.  We see the evidence of turning our backs on God has led us to ruin.  Are things better now?  No prayers in school but transvestite reading time is acceptable?

Link Posted: 7/28/2022 1:27:34 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I like the part where Jesus chased the bankers with a whip.  Can we just do that part?
View Quote

Round 2 is coming. Only this time it won’t be just the bankers.
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 1:33:45 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I'm still here.
View Quote

Yeah but think about all the exercise you’d have gotten carrying a ruck and a rifle for all those years.

You were just born on the wrong continent is all, the Africans and Arabs, lots of them didn’t listen.
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 1:56:58 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Amen amen.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/28/2022 2:04:20 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
No thanks.
View Quote
That was the most important decision of your life that you just made.
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 2:05:20 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Amen amen.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/28/2022 2:05:49 AM EDT
[#49]
I don’t join fan clubs for deadbeat dads who knock up other dudes wives lol in all seriousness this cult is just the newest iteration, praise Tammuz
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 2:09:39 AM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top