BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 14
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 1:10:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By HermanSnerd:

You should try the Belleville 990 Hot Weather Combat Hiking boots that were issued for Afghanistan.

I bought mine 27 months ago, and have been wearing them almost every day for 10-16 hours per day.

I wear them to work in, walk the dog every day, and on weekend hiking trips and they are by far the most comfortable boots I have ever owned.

They are great at wicking moisture and letting heat escape.

They are worth every cent of the $200 retail price, but if you check the military surplus stores, you may find a gently used pair for under $100.

Belleville 990
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By HermanSnerd:
Originally Posted By dash13:
Hey guys, I have been getting in to some longer hikes and hiking with weight, between 25 and 75 lbs depending on the training day. I just completed a 26 hour ruck challenge here in AZ and the Merrel boots I was wearing left blisters all over the bottoms of my feet, between my toes and left my feet basically feeling like crap. It was interesting because not one of my training rucks did this to my feet and I trained in these same boots for months prior to the event.

Do you have any suggestions for different footwear?

Oh and by the way I tried my best to take care of my lil footsies with foot powder and Darn Tough wool socks like was suggested here, even applied vaseline prior to the event but there was almost no time to maintain care of my feet once we got going.

Thanks for the thread OP and everyone who contributes, there is a ton of great info in here.

P.S. The Pro Bars rocked!

You should try the Belleville 990 Hot Weather Combat Hiking boots that were issued for Afghanistan.

I bought mine 27 months ago, and have been wearing them almost every day for 10-16 hours per day.

I wear them to work in, walk the dog every day, and on weekend hiking trips and they are by far the most comfortable boots I have ever owned.

They are great at wicking moisture and letting heat escape.

They are worth every cent of the $200 retail price, but if you check the military surplus stores, you may find a gently used pair for under $100.

Belleville 990

Thanks for the info, I will definitely look into these boots. The Solomons also caught my eye. Its fascinating hearing you guys talk about your different load outs and the way you organized your gear. I really appreciate all the great info you guys are sharing---please keep it coming!

Have any of you guys used or tried a product called "Trail Toes"? Or should I primarily stick with good ol' Vaseline for my feet before long rucks?
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 10:54:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Just go ahead and figure two cans of dip per day. Smoking can be a no-go, depending on what you're doing. Have I mentioned pre-powerdering socks? I can't remember. If cold weather is even remotely possible, a level 7 top is the best fucking thing in the world. 62 people were jealous of mine the last couple weeks.

ps. the new jungle s2vs are the heat
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 11:39:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By wag_bag:
Just go ahead and figure two cans of dip per day. Smoking can be a no-go, depending on what you're doing. Have I mentioned pre-powerdering socks? I can't remember. If cold weather is even remotely possible, a level 7 top is the best fucking thing in the world. 62 people were jealous of mine the last couple weeks.

View Quote

They look like all the pros of the normal s2vs, but lighter and not so hot.  Similar ankle support to the regular style, or more like the Nikes (none at all)?
Any trouble from the 670-1 enforcement crowd (and I know that they are actually authorized, but you know how that goes)
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 12:03:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By jd0509:

They look like all the pros of the normal s2vs, but lighter and not so hot.  Similar ankle support to the regular style, or more like the Nikes (none at all)?
Any trouble from the 670-1 enforcement crowd (and I know that they are actually authorized, but you know how that goes)
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jd0509:

They're authorized. As far as ankle support...I don't really know. I have yet to find a boot that'll support my ankles enough to keep from rolling under my weight and a ruck. They dry fast and have a solid, stitched on sole.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 3:08:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By 72coupe:

mech4matsnova

Are you "Confederates in the Attic" hard core?
<a href="http://s203.photobucket.com/user/72coupe/media/COLT025.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa170/72coupe/COLT025.jpg</a>
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 4v50:
Any Civil War reenactors out there?  There were some pretty shoddy contractors who made the broghans.  Some were only glued together and fell apart on the first march.

mech4matsnova

Are you "Confederates in the Attic" hard core?
<a href="http://s203.photobucket.com/user/72coupe/media/COLT025.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa170/72coupe/COLT025.jpg</a>

I've been accused of that once or twice...

Link Posted: 12/16/2014 6:00:14 PM EDT
[#6]

View Quote

Which Level 7 top are you referring to, and for what kind of weather?  How does the top pack in terms of stuffability and return to bulk?

Roger that on pre-powdering socks.  It saves a lot of time in the field to be able to pull them from a zip-lock or your WP bag, and throw them on.  I also keep a separate bag for dirty laundry so it doesn't funk up the rest of my clothes.

I always wanted to take one of those flashlight cones for road guard duty and perforate it for a sock insert when powdering them, to make it quicker.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 6:21:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By LRRPF52:

Which Level 7 top are you referring to, and for what kind of weather?  How does the top pack in terms of stuffability and return to bulk?
Parka, Extreme Cold Weather, Gen III, is the one I'm using. It's the big gray marsh mellow top. It isn't waterproof, or even water resistant, but it's absolutely amazing in cold weather. I stuff it into it's own sleeve and toss it into the WP bag. I just checked and you can compress it down to about the size of a football, but you'll need a compression sack to keep it that small. Actually, a MAC sack should do the trick. The pants equivalent are awesome too because they zip all the way up the sides so you don't have to remove your boots.
Roger that on pre-powdering socks.  It saves a lot of time in the field to be able to pull them from a zip-lock or your WP bag, and throw them on.  I also keep a separate bag for dirty laundry so it doesn't funk up the rest of my clothes.

I always wanted to take one of those flashlight cones for road guard duty and perforate it for a sock insert when powdering them, to make it quicker.
I just shove the bottle in, top first, and give it a good squeeze. I don't really powder socks anymore, though.
View All Quotes

Parka, Extreme Cold Weather, Gen III, is the one I'm using. It's the big gray marsh mellow top. It isn't waterproof, or even water resistant, but it's absolutely amazing in cold weather. I stuff it into it's own sleeve and toss it into the WP bag. I just checked and you can compress it down to about the size of a football, but you'll need a compression sack to keep it that small. Actually, a MAC sack should do the trick. The pants equivalent are awesome too because they zip all the way up the sides so you don't have to remove your boots.

I just shove the bottle in, top first, and give it a good squeeze. I don't really powder socks anymore, though.

Link Posted: 12/16/2014 10:23:24 PM EDT
[#8]
This thread has some fantastic info. When rucking for short durations would you recommend wearing socks of a lesser quality to improve foot toughness?

We did 6 miles this morning and I wore some of my green army socks as opposed to the fox rivers or some of my other merino wool socks and got some hot spots, mainly on my heels.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 10:30:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Gmezz4:
This thread has some fantastic info. When rucking for short durations would you recommend wearing socks of a lesser quality to improve foot toughness?

We did 6 miles this morning and I wore some of my green army socks as opposed to the fox rivers or some of my other merino wool socks and got some hot spots, mainly on my heels.
View Quote

Nope. Just ruck more. And throw away everything but merino socks. I ordered 16 or 20 pairs of smartwool in July of 2012 and They're all still going strong. I tried to order more today to replace the lost ones but they were sold out. I can confidently say that those socks have been through more rucking than most.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 10:52:54 PM EDT
[#10]

Nope. Just ruck more. And throw away everything but merino socks. I ordered 16 or 20 pairs of smartwool in July of 2012 and They're all still going strong. I tried to order more today to replace the lost ones but they were sold out. I can confidently say that those socks have been through more rucking than most.
View All Quotes

Ok, rucking is definitely about to be a big part of my personal PT plan outside of my unit, as some opportunities may be inbound that I would not otherwise get.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 11:16:00 PM EDT
[#11]

View All Quotes

Have you used the Under Armour socks?

https://www.underarmour.com/en-us/mens-heatgear-boot-sock/pid1211106
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 11:19:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By AbleArcher:

View All Quotes

Not those, but I use some of their cheap nylon ankle socks for running. They work fine for that.
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 1:19:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By DOW:

+1

The thought of a Corpsman cutting my feet when I got blisters scared the shit out of me. I watched a fellow boot's blisters get worked on by a Corpsman in SOI once. Fuck that noise.

I used to look at Staff NCOs and Officers with their high speed raingear and Danner boots and say to myself "Next paycheck I'm gona buy a pair of Danners..."

Then I would spend my whole check on titties and beer.

Rinse. Repeat. The life of a Lance Coolie 03.

Cheers brother.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DOW:
Originally Posted By Postal0311:
I rarely had proper fitting footwear when I in.  It cause me a great deal of suffering.

+1

The thought of a Corpsman cutting my feet when I got blisters scared the shit out of me. I watched a fellow boot's blisters get worked on by a Corpsman in SOI once. Fuck that noise.

I used to look at Staff NCOs and Officers with their high speed raingear and Danner boots and say to myself "Next paycheck I'm gona buy a pair of Danners..."

Then I would spend my whole check on titties and beer.

Rinse. Repeat. The life of a Lance Coolie 03.

Cheers brother.

That was my experience in the Army too.... LOL.  I suffered for it, but I don't regret those memories now all of these years later!
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 2:48:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FMJshooter] [#14]
Not sure if mentioned yet on the boot topic, noise discipline! When the men started buying the "sneaker" style boot soles and running mout training it sounded like a damn basketball team coming up the stairs Squeeeek squeek chirp especially if wet. We could pretty much just listen to the squeaks and figure out where they where in the building. Some soles are noisy as hell on man made surfaces some are quiet but get slick as a snails ass when wet.
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 3:16:38 PM EDT
[#15]
That is one thing I like about jungle boots. They are as quiet as mocassins. I just wish I could find a pair with the original tread pattern. I don't care much for the Panama pattern.
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 5:14:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 5:20:44 PM EDT
[#17]

Originally Posted By 30calTBLkid:

This is an awesome thread.

Straight across with scissors is the way to do it. The only issues I've had from cutting the nail straight across is the women who gripe about snagging their sheets, but the callouses do that anyway. Most the time I won't sleep with anything across my feet unless it's really cold anyway, an let's face it, womens don't love me for my feet.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 30calTBLkid:

Originally Posted By GunnyG:

Originally Posted By swede1986:

Originally Posted By Infantry26:

I justed wanted to add that you need to clip your nasty ass toe nails.  I let my small toe nail grow too long, when we rucked a decent distance it ripped the whole thing off .  It grew back

This, and when clipping toe nails it's imperative that one doesn't cut to close to the toe. Keep the nails trimmed, but leave 1-2mm.

If one clips too close it can cause ingrown toe nails, and in some cases this can cause infections. I had a colleague who suffered from an ingrown toe nail, and he had to undergo surgery to fix it. It's not a problem that you need in the field.

Cut straight across the nail:

http://contourderm.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/ingrown-toenail.png

Since I started using a small straight blade pair of Fiskar's 4" detail scissors (Item: 95077097J I haven't had any more problems.

This is an awesome thread.

Straight across with scissors is the way to do it. The only issues I've had from cutting the nail straight across is the women who gripe about snagging their sheets, but the callouses do that anyway. Most the time I won't sleep with anything across my feet unless it's really cold anyway, an let's face it, womens don't love me for my feet.

It's all about me gaining traction for the action
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 10:02:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Here's a good video my Max Velocity Tactical on how to "tab" (Brit for Tactical Advance to Battle).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=429Kfjr0R0k#t=134

I rucked a piece of that WV terrain during one of Max's patrol classes. With a rifle, LBE and 35 lb ruck, I was pretty much smoked by the time I reached the top of the steepest hill.
Link Posted: 12/31/2014 4:30:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Interesting website on the Combat Loads of Infantry Soldier's in the Winter of 1944-45:

http://www.45thdivision.org/Pictures/General_Knowlege/combatload.htm

Link Posted: 12/31/2014 8:36:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Interesting website on the Combat Loads of Infantry Soldier's in the Winter of 1944-45:

View Quote

Lightweights.
Link Posted: 12/31/2014 8:55:40 PM EDT
[#21]

Lightweights.
View All Quotes

Lightweights.

They didn't carry much ammo. Only a fraction of what I carried in Vietnam.
Link Posted: 12/31/2014 9:27:13 PM EDT
[#22]

View All Quotes

Lightweights.

Guys that jumped into France carried a lot more. I read a book once that listed the weight one engineer carried and it rivaled anything I've ever humped. He carried a couple anti tank mines in addition to a dhit ton of other stuff for a total of 220 lbs.
Link Posted: 12/31/2014 9:54:01 PM EDT
[#23]

Guys that jumped into France carried a lot more. I read a book once that listed the weight one engineer carried and it rivaled anything I've ever humped. He carried a couple anti tank mines in addition to a dhit ton of other stuff for a total of 220 lbs.
View All Quotes

Lightweights.

Yeah.  and first road he came to he unloaded all that shit.
Link Posted: 12/31/2014 10:01:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Sylvan:

View All Quotes

Lightweights.

Wouldn't you?
Link Posted: 12/31/2014 10:12:26 PM EDT
[#25]

Wouldn't you?
View Quote

Shit, I would have invented the first FASCAM and thrown that shit randomly around under canopy.

There was a wicked raid in during the Falklands where the dumbasses were humping 150 pounds of 7.62 linked and Milans for a diversion in moss/rock.

can't remember the name.
Link Posted: 12/31/2014 11:06:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: von_landstuhl] [#26]
This is the latest list of 670-1 compliant boots from http://www.armyg1.army.mil/hr/uniform/docs/Uniform/Boots.pdf.  Any recommendations on a boot for rucking?

Altama
4156 Tan Desert Mil Spec (Panama sole)
4158 3LC Tan Mil Spec (3 Layer Sole)
4159 Tan Mil Spec HW (Direct Attach Sole)
5853 US Vulcanized (Panama sole, no padded collar)
5777 Hot Weather Boot with Ripple Outsole
Bates
1801 Delta 8
1416 Hot Weather Boot
Belleville
300 DES ST
Kiowa TR303
310/310 ST
320 One Xerox
330 DES ST
Sabre 333
Guardian TR336 CT
340 DES
340 DES ST
F340 DES
Khyber TR360
390 DES
F390 DES
F790
Corcoran/Matterhorn
CV4100 8” Hot Weather Broad Toe Combat Boot
4390 9” Desert Tan Hot Weather Combat Boot
4949 10” Desert Tan Waterproof Insulated Lace to Toe Field Boot
4525 Desert Tan Field Boot
Danner
55310 Tanicus 8" Tan
55311 Tanicus 8" Tan Waterproof
55312 Tanicus 8" Tan Women's
55313 Tanicus 8" Tan Women's Waterproof
24301 Desert TFX G3 8" Tan
24305 Desert TFX G3 8" Tan 400G
24307 Desert TFX G3 8" Tan GTX
26016 Desert TFX GTX 8”
51490 Rivot TFX 8" Tan
51492 Rivot TFX 8" Tan Women's
51494 Rivot TFX 8" Tan GTX
51495 Rivot TFX 8" Tan GTX Women's
51496 Rivot TFX 8" Tan 400G
51497 Rivot TFX 8" Tan 400G Women's
51500 Rivot TFX 8" Tan 400G NMT
51502 Rivot TFX 8" Tan NMT
Garmont
T8
T8 Extreme
McRae
3187Mil-Spec Hot Weather Desert Boot with Sierra Outsole
4188 Hot Weather Desert Boot with Ripple Outsole
4189 Hot Weather Desert with Panama Outsole
Nike
SFB Field Leather
Oakley
11093-889C SI Hot Weather Assault Boot 8”
11093-889WC SI Hot Weather Assault Boot 8” Wide
Reebok
CM8800 FusionMax
RB8820 Dauntless
RB8280 Hyper Velocity
Rocky
101 S2V Vented
101-1 S2V Gore-Tex Insulated
7901 Basics Gore-Tex Temperate
282 Hot Weather Military Duty Boot
Wellco
T930B Tan Jungle Combat Boot
T160 Tan Hot Weather
Link Posted: 12/31/2014 11:08:37 PM EDT
[#27]
S2V or the S2V jungle. It depends on your foot, though.
Link Posted: 1/1/2015 5:55:32 PM EDT
[#28]
View Quote

The S2V seems to be pretty well liked by folks. I might get a set next. I have 2 sets of Danner TFXs and the bottoms of both are flat from rucking. I need new boots, but it wasn't a priority until recently.
Link Posted: 1/1/2015 8:00:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: von_landstuhl] [#29]
View Quote

What's the issue with them?  Rocky HQ is here in Ohio and their factory store is about 70 miles away.  I should be able to try a pair on, if need be.

ETA: For what it's worth, I'm doing a GoRuck Light in May, with the intent of doing longer GoRucks in the future.  The only boots I have is the issue Bellevilles and I'm sure there's better.  For the pack, I'm going to try the medium MOLLE II ruck with frame.
Link Posted: 1/1/2015 8:25:58 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By von_landstuhl:

What's the issue with them?  Rocky HQ is here in Ohio and their factory store is about 70 miles away.  I should be able to try a pair on, if need be.

ETA: For what it's worth, I'm doing a GoRuck Light in May, with the intent of doing longer GoRucks in the future.  The only boots I have is the issue Bellevilles and I'm sure there's better.  For the pack, I'm going to try the medium MOLLE II ruck with frame.
View All Quotes

I've never known anyone to have issues with them. I burn through them pretty fast but that's me.
Link Posted: 1/1/2015 10:27:56 PM EDT
[#31]
Lots of memories reading through this thread.
Link Posted: 1/1/2015 10:30:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: von_landstuhl] [#32]
Link Posted: 1/1/2015 11:03:11 PM EDT
[#33]

View All Quotes

I took wags advise and got pair broke in before the Nijmegen and used them for that. I cannot tell you enough how much I love my Rockys.
Link Posted: 1/1/2015 11:05:20 PM EDT
[#34]

I took wags advise and got pair broke in before the Nijmegen and used them for that. I cannot tell you enough how much I love my Rockys.
View All Quotes

Link Posted: 1/1/2015 11:34:42 PM EDT
[#35]

View All Quotes

Lightweights.

You should have seen our mortor platoon when we got a target for our 81mm. Each one of them was carrying 3 rounds and everyone of them was trying to push thiers down the tube.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 3:09:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LRRPF52] [#36]
I love mortars.  Never had to carry anything but rounds for them in the line, but I sure love calling them in.

Link Posted: 1/5/2015 3:13:39 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 12:41:50 PM EDT
[#38]
I love mortars.  Never had to carry anything but rounds for them in the line, but I sure love calling them in.

http://www.combatreform.org/m252.jpg

http://youtu.be/t6gxz93PcGM

http://youtu.be/KnIry04rMGo
View Quote

81s are a fucking torture device to carry.  The only other thing that is in the same league is a 50 cal reciever.  You can trade the tube out just like the 50 reciever and catch a break which is needed.  You get stuck with the baseplate and youre humping that bitch the whole way.  The baseplate is a little heavier than the barrel but way easier to carry cause its strapped on.  The barrel just blows cause you gotta carry it crucifixion style.  That thing will test your pride for sure on long humps.  I split one with someone on a 22 and 29 miler, truly horrible experiences.
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 1:06:18 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By blacksunshinez51:

81s are a fucking torture device to carry.  The only other thing that is in the same league is a 50 cal reciever.  You can trade the tube out just like the 50 reciever and catch a break which is needed.  You get stuck with the baseplate and youre humping that bitch the whole way.  The baseplate is a little heavier than the barrel but way easier to carry cause its strapped on.  The barrel just blows cause you gotta carry it crucifixion style.  That thing will test your pride for sure on long humps.  I split one with someone on a 22 and 29 miler, truly horrible experiences.
View All Quotes

I keep telling my son, don't do too well on the ASVAB, they will make you a charlie.
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 1:20:21 PM EDT
[#40]

I keep telling my son, don't do too well on the ASVAB, they will make you a charlie.
View All Quotes

TRUTH High GT scores send you to 52s or 41s for the really unlucky.  I was really unlucky, that said it also motivates you to go do indocs just to get out 81's
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 1:22:31 PM EDT
[#41]

TRUTH High GT scores send you to 52s or 41s for the really unlucky.  I was really unlucky, that said it also motivates you to go do indocs just to get out 81's
View All Quotes

what do I have to do to not carry that anymore?

Fuck!

well, OK.
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 1:27:37 PM EDT
[#42]

Fuck!

well, OK.
View All Quotes

Fuck!

well, OK.

Thats pretty much how it goes if your smart
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 2:15:59 PM EDT
[#43]
One day we were walking through water about waste deep. The point man was going fast, probably 4.5 to 5 miles per hour. The captain talked to the point man and told him to slow down as he was killing the mortar platoon. If he slowed down I couldn't tell.

So the captain made the point man carry the base plate. Didn't slow him down much at all till he fell into a well that was hidden by the water. There was a large vine laying across the mouth of the well and the point man stradled it only falling a short distance into the well. He didn't drop the base plate but he did drop his rifle. Some of his platoon managed to pull him and the base plate out of the well but his rifle went to the bottom.

The captain made him dive into the well until he found his rifle. It took several dives. When he finally got his rifle back we proceded at a more moderate pace.
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 6:07:59 PM EDT
[#44]

Originally Posted By Pogo55:

How long do they store?  
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Pogo55:

I've been up in the Uintah Mountains for the past 4 weeks.  I tried some different experiments with socks, leaning heavily on my normal foot powder regimen, then comparing it with petroleum jelly, and then Darn Tough socks with nothing else.

The Darn Tough socks seem to do better than foot powder and jelly, and I even wore them for 2 days straight. Keep in mind that I am working from 0645 to 2330 and sometimes 0030 every day.

I've been using my mosquito jacket that I bought in Finland for Lapland, which makes me hotter, but keeps the mosquitos off well.

For meals on a ruck march, I can't recommend PROBAR enough. They blow away every other meal replacement or energy bar I have tried, especially Power Bars and Cliff Bars, although I would take Cliff over Power any day.  The PROBARs are in a world of their own, with all organic ingredients, actually chewable, and they taste great as well. More importantly, they actually fill you up nicely, and have a wide range of nutrients in them.

http://theprobar.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/meal-pb.png

PROBAR

Another thing I have been trying is essential oils in my Camelbak, canteens, and Nalgen bottle.  I've been using pure Lime and Lemon oils in them to combat bacteria growth, especially in NBC nozzle equipped canteens and the Camelbak hose.  So far, so good, and it tastes really good as well.  I've been around some really sick people with insane coughs, so I use certain essential oil capsules to help with immune response.  I have remained healthy for 4 weeks in their midst, drinking from Army water buffaloes, lake water with chlorine, lack of running water, no plumbing, etc.
How long do they store?  
Tried them. Awesome bars! Terrible shelf life!

I guess thats the bad side of all organic and no preservatives. I had some start molding within 2-3 months. Now it could have been they were on the shelf a while before I purchased, but not a good sign.
Link Posted: 1/10/2015 11:22:01 PM EDT
[#45]

I've never known anyone to have issues with them. I burn through them pretty fast but that's me.
View All Quotes

I tried them on at Clothing Sales yesterday and found even the 8.5W fit tight.  They didn't have 9's in stock.  Do the tend to run narrow?
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 8:48:23 AM EDT
[#46]

I tried them on at Clothing Sales yesterday and found even the 8.5W fit tight.  They didn't have 9's in stock.  Do the tend to run narrow?
View All Quotes

they do.
but they stretch, too.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 8:53:23 AM EDT
[#47]
I will try to respect wishes and not clutter thread.

I will say that the OD green socks were the shit.
I was in during the early 90s through 2000 when the
wearout phase was in place.  I knew lots of troops that wore
them way past the date, and lots of NCOs that looked the
other way.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 8:57:48 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By TXBossmanSB:

other way.
View Quote

I will say as a commander, in the field, I will overlook pretty much any boot or any sock you wear as long as its not stupid or dangerous.

In garrison, I will hold you to whatever ridiculous standard the army is enforcing that day.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 8:59:33 AM EDT
[#49]

View All Quotes

My son was like When I was telling him counter intuitive stuff like that.

In one of his few letters home he said;  "Oh, yeah...They didn't make any of us Charlies...They said
we were too stupid."

Coincidentally, they ran out of space at Benning for the graduation ceremony, and, the Captain said in his
address to the families that it was no longer a mystery to him why he had an outstanding company.  When I
say ran out of space it was because the families, extended families, etc, made the trip because it was important.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 9:03:18 AM EDT
[#50]

I will say as a commander, in the field, I will overlook pretty much any boot or any sock you wear as long as its not stupid or dangerous.

In garrison, I will hold you to whatever ridiculous standard the army is enforcing that day.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TXBossmanSB:

other way.

Page / 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top