Warning

 

Close
Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Cancel Confirm
AR15.COM

The Official Bourbon Thread (Page 8 of 184)

Previous Page
/ 184
Next Page
7/13/2020 1:26:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Quote History
Originally Posted By BillyDBerger:
I just grabbed another Old Forester 86.  It's cheap and good.
View Quote
I'm getting a Single Barrel Store Pick of Old Forester on the 17th during the barrel release party.  Old Forester is pretty damn good.  Really enjoy the 1920 Prohibition style
*** NRA Endowment Life Member***
7/13/2020 3:15:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Had pretty good luck this weekend.

Wife surprised me with the hard to get Sweetens Cove/ Peyton Mannings venture into the business. Was some big controversy about online orders getting cancelled due to TN not being able to ship to homes, this was a big issue since it was sold only in TN.

Also was able to get a bottle of Weller SR and Henry McKenna 10 year from a local stores limited allotment.

Passed on the Kentucky Owl, couldn’t justify $130 for that.
7/13/2020 3:19:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Quote History
Originally Posted By sts900:
Had pretty good luck this weekend.

Wife surprised me with the hard to get Sweetens Cove/ Peyton Mannings venture into the business. Was some big controversy about online orders getting cancelled due to TN not being able to ship to homes, this was a big issue since it was sold only in TN.

Also was able to get a bottle of Weller SR and Henry McKenna 10 year from a local stores limited allotment.

Passed on the Kentucky Owl, couldn’t justify $130 for that.
View Quote
I didn't know that about Sweetens Cove.  I've seen it on the shelf, never bought it.  So many boutique bourbon companies jumping in, I can't keep track and don't want to waste the money.

Kentucky Owl is good.  Whether it's worth the premium price is subjective.  I would say that I'd buy my bottle again when I need to.  It's good.
"History teaches us that men and nations behave wisely once they have exhausted all other alternatives."-Abba Eban

"I like it both ways, but still mainly mouth it" -gonzo_beyondo
7/13/2020 3:23:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sts900][Edited] [#4]
Quote History
Originally Posted By rob78:


I didn't know that about Sweetens Cove.  I've seen it on the shelf, never bought it.  So many boutique bourbon companies jumping in, I can't keep track and don't want to waste the money.

Kentucky Owl is good.  Whether it's worth the premium price is subjective.  I would say that I'd buy my bottle again when I need to.  It's good.
View Quote



Sorry. Should have been specific. The first batch/ run was TN only. Don’t know if they have released a second run yet. Wife had this saved from the first run.
7/14/2020 7:59:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Bought a 1.75L bottle of Weller SR a few days ago for $34. It’s mighty tasty.
7/14/2020 9:54:23 AM EDT
[#6]
If anyone happens to see a bottle like this collecting dust on a shelf give me a holla.

Attached File
“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen on setting brush fires of freedom in the minds of men”
- Samuel Adams
7/14/2020 9:56:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Quote History
Originally Posted By WrightP:
Bought a 1.75L bottle of Weller SR a few days ago for $34. It’s mighty tasty.
View Quote


You are either super lucky or FOS.

Like I posted earlier, I’ve seen it on the shelf and passed but not for $34 for 1.75. The last I saw was $169.99 for a fifth and $299.99 for the handle.
“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen on setting brush fires of freedom in the minds of men”
- Samuel Adams
7/14/2020 10:35:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Quote History
Originally Posted By triburst1:
If anyone happens to see a bottle like this collecting dust on a shelf give me a holla.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/34777/C9F49E71-F53C-4009-A130-A78BD578BEC7_jpe-1503292.JPG
View Quote

Same lol.

Actually had someone send me a pic of one for sale...full secondary pricing craziness though.
7/14/2020 10:37:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Quote History
Originally Posted By triburst1:


You are either super lucky or FOS.

Like I posted earlier, I’ve seen it on the shelf and passed but not for $34 for 1.75. The last I saw was $169.99 for a fifth and $299.99 for the handle.
View Quote


For Weller Special Reserve? The green label?
The Frog is Pepe. Someone shouts Hey Pepe @ Hillary rally, then Roger Stone Jedi Mindfucked someone in the Hillary campaign by putting Pepe in the Deplorables meme and now the shit is getting real.
7/14/2020 10:43:46 AM EDT
[#10]
Heavens Door is the right answer.
7/14/2020 11:05:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Quote History
Originally Posted By triburst1:


You are either super lucky or FOS.

Like I posted earlier, I’ve seen it on the shelf and passed but not for $34 for 1.75. The last I saw was $169.99 for a fifth and $299.99 for the handle.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By triburst1:
Originally Posted By WrightP:
Bought a 1.75L bottle of Weller SR a few days ago for $34. It’s mighty tasty.


You are either super lucky or FOS.

Like I posted earlier, I’ve seen it on the shelf and passed but not for $34 for 1.75. The last I saw was $169.99 for a fifth and $299.99 for the handle.


Def not full of shit! I’m very tempted to go back for the other bottle.  It was on the shelf when I was in there Saturday.

Attached File
7/14/2020 11:06:42 AM EDT
[#12]
Quote History
Originally Posted By myfakename:


For Weller Special Reserve? The green label?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By myfakename:
Originally Posted By triburst1:


You are either super lucky or FOS.

Like I posted earlier, I’ve seen it on the shelf and passed but not for $34 for 1.75. The last I saw was $169.99 for a fifth and $299.99 for the handle.


For Weller Special Reserve? The green label?


yes, see the picture above.
7/14/2020 11:29:50 AM EDT
[#13]
Quote History
Originally Posted By triburst1:


You are either super lucky or FOS.

Like I posted earlier, I’ve seen it on the shelf and passed but not for $34 for 1.75. The last I saw was $169.99 for a fifth and $299.99 for the handle.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By triburst1:
Originally Posted By WrightP:
Bought a 1.75L bottle of Weller SR a few days ago for $34. It’s mighty tasty.


You are either super lucky or FOS.

Like I posted earlier, I’ve seen it on the shelf and passed but not for $34 for 1.75. The last I saw was $169.99 for a fifth and $299.99 for the handle.



$35 is what I paid this weekend.  Granted this was from an allotment and limited to 1 per customer. I got the email that they where releasing a bunch of limited bottles on Saturday at 1100. Went in on Sunday at 1400 and got my bottle.
7/14/2020 11:45:01 AM EDT
[#14]
Quote History
Originally Posted By WrightP:


Def not full of shit! I’m very tempted to go back for the other bottle.  It was on the shelf when I was in there Saturday.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/243882/3B74EB95-06E5-43B7-B0AB-493B76AE8CC1_jpe-1503385.JPG
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By WrightP:
Originally Posted By triburst1:
Originally Posted By WrightP:
Bought a 1.75L bottle of Weller SR a few days ago for $34. It’s mighty tasty.


You are either super lucky or FOS.

Like I posted earlier, I’ve seen it on the shelf and passed but not for $34 for 1.75. The last I saw was $169.99 for a fifth and $299.99 for the handle.


Def not full of shit! I’m very tempted to go back for the other bottle.  It was on the shelf when I was in there Saturday.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/243882/3B74EB95-06E5-43B7-B0AB-493B76AE8CC1_jpe-1503385.JPG


Sorry, my bad. Special Reserve
“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen on setting brush fires of freedom in the minds of men”
- Samuel Adams
7/14/2020 12:06:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Quote History
Originally Posted By triburst1:
If anyone happens to see a bottle like this collecting dust on a shelf give me a holla.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/34777/C9F49E71-F53C-4009-A130-A78BD578BEC7_jpe-1503292.JPG
View Quote



Here ya go.
Triggers With Attitude.
7/14/2020 12:22:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Quote History
Originally Posted By triburst1:


Sorry, my bad. Special Reserve
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By triburst1:
Originally Posted By WrightP:
Originally Posted By triburst1:
Originally Posted By WrightP:
Bought a 1.75L bottle of Weller SR a few days ago for $34. It’s mighty tasty.


You are either super lucky or FOS.

Like I posted earlier, I’ve seen it on the shelf and passed but not for $34 for 1.75. The last I saw was $169.99 for a fifth and $299.99 for the handle.


Def not full of shit! I’m very tempted to go back for the other bottle.  It was on the shelf when I was in there Saturday.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/243882/3B74EB95-06E5-43B7-B0AB-493B76AE8CC1_jpe-1503385.JPG


Sorry, my bad. Special Reserve


It's def not Weller 12 or C.Y.P.B.
7/14/2020 12:35:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Quote History
Originally Posted By WrightP:


It's def not Weller 12 or C.Y.P.B.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By WrightP:
Originally Posted By triburst1:
Originally Posted By WrightP:
Originally Posted By triburst1:
Originally Posted By WrightP:
Bought a 1.75L bottle of Weller SR a few days ago for $34. It’s mighty tasty.


You are either super lucky or FOS.

Like I posted earlier, I’ve seen it on the shelf and passed but not for $34 for 1.75. The last I saw was $169.99 for a fifth and $299.99 for the handle.


Def not full of shit! I’m very tempted to go back for the other bottle.  It was on the shelf when I was in there Saturday.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/243882/3B74EB95-06E5-43B7-B0AB-493B76AE8CC1_jpe-1503385.JPG


Sorry, my bad. Special Reserve


It's def not Weller 12 or C.Y.P.B.


Yea, that had me wondering what was going on. SR is the cheap little brother of W12 and 107. A buddy in N KY bought me 2 bottles of WSR, 1 liters, for $30 a pop a few weeks ago.
The Frog is Pepe. Someone shouts Hey Pepe @ Hillary rally, then Roger Stone Jedi Mindfucked someone in the Hillary campaign by putting Pepe in the Deplorables meme and now the shit is getting real.
7/14/2020 12:39:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Btw, if anyone ever thinks of buying a bottle of Benchmark (Made by Saz at the BT distillery)....DON'T!  It is undrinkable. My liquor guy gave me a bottle to try and I poured it out. Yuck.
The Frog is Pepe. Someone shouts Hey Pepe @ Hillary rally, then Roger Stone Jedi Mindfucked someone in the Hillary campaign by putting Pepe in the Deplorables meme and now the shit is getting real.
7/14/2020 12:39:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Quote History
Originally Posted By myfakename:


Yea, that had me wondering what was going on. SR is the cheap little brother of W12 and 107. A buddy in N KY bought me 2 bottles of WSR, 1 liters, for $30 a pop a few weeks ago.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By myfakename:
Originally Posted By WrightP:
Originally Posted By triburst1:
Originally Posted By WrightP:
Originally Posted By triburst1:
Originally Posted By WrightP:
Bought a 1.75L bottle of Weller SR a few days ago for $34. It’s mighty tasty.


You are either super lucky or FOS.

Like I posted earlier, I’ve seen it on the shelf and passed but not for $34 for 1.75. The last I saw was $169.99 for a fifth and $299.99 for the handle.


Def not full of shit! I’m very tempted to go back for the other bottle.  It was on the shelf when I was in there Saturday.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/243882/3B74EB95-06E5-43B7-B0AB-493B76AE8CC1_jpe-1503385.JPG


Sorry, my bad. Special Reserve


It's def not Weller 12 or C.Y.P.B.


Yea, that had me wondering what was going on. SR is the cheap little brother of W12 and 107. A buddy in N KY bought me 2 bottles of WSR, 1 liters, for $30 a pop a few weeks ago.


Yep, the last bottle of W12 I bought was last summer at a store in Colorado for about $85 and I haven't seen one in the wild since.
7/14/2020 12:45:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Quote History
Originally Posted By triburst1:


You are either super lucky or FOS.

Like I posted earlier, I’ve seen it on the shelf and passed but not for $34 for 1.75. The last I saw was $169.99 for a fifth and $299.99 for the handle.
View Quote


That’s insane. I can walk into almost any store in Houston and find a handle for 40-45 bucks, if that
7/14/2020 7:18:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Cracked a 107.

Not as smooth as ORVW, but still my favorite of the twist top Wellers.

Alabama: That the great, general and essential principles of liberty and free government may be recognized and established, we declare....That every citizen has a right to bear arms in defense of himself and the state. (Art. I, § 26)
7/14/2020 9:10:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Grabbed a bottle of Buffalo Trace Kosher Wheated. I haven’t popped it yet but was told it’s a close approximation to Weller SR.
7/16/2020 8:22:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Found this guy down at Costco and figured I'd give it a shot.
Attached File
The Frog is Pepe. Someone shouts Hey Pepe @ Hillary rally, then Roger Stone Jedi Mindfucked someone in the Hillary campaign by putting Pepe in the Deplorables meme and now the shit is getting real.
7/16/2020 9:36:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Quote History
Originally Posted By myfakename:
Found this guy down at Costco and figured I'd give it a shot.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/96423/20200716_165527_jpg-1506859.JPG
View Quote


So, how is it?
“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen on setting brush fires of freedom in the minds of men”
- Samuel Adams
7/16/2020 9:44:49 PM EDT
[#25]
ECBP B520. Hope y'all bunkered this shit too!
Originally Posted By DirtAuger:
You are a "every thing is a dildo if you'r brave enough" kind of guy aren't you OP?
7/16/2020 9:46:11 PM EDT
[#26]
Quote History
Originally Posted By CastleBravo91:
ECBP B520. Hope y'all bunkered this shit too!
https://i.ibb.co/tp4LTmh/20200712-104237.jpg
View Quote



First comes smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire.-Roland Deschain, of Gilead
7/16/2020 9:49:34 PM EDT
[#27]
I thought this recent J. Mattingly pick and sticker were pretty cool.

7/16/2020 10:36:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WrightP][Edited] [#28]
Quote History
Originally Posted By myfakename:
Found this guy down at Costco and figured I'd give it a shot.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/96423/20200716_165527_jpg-1506859.JPG
View Quote


I hate you....we don’t have Costco...
7/16/2020 11:41:55 PM EDT
[#29]
Quote History
Originally Posted By triburst1:


So, how is it?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By triburst1:
Originally Posted By myfakename:
Found this guy down at Costco and figured I'd give it a shot.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/96423/20200716_165527_jpg-1506859.JPG


So, how is it?


Good. Sweet on the tongue, ethanol on the backend.  Similar to a 107.
The Frog is Pepe. Someone shouts Hey Pepe @ Hillary rally, then Roger Stone Jedi Mindfucked someone in the Hillary campaign by putting Pepe in the Deplorables meme and now the shit is getting real.
7/17/2020 8:10:13 AM EDT
[#30]
Quote History
Originally Posted By ManBearPack:
I thought this recent J. Mattingly pick and sticker were pretty cool.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/339093/four_more-1506986.jpg
View Quote


Dear Lord, I must confess I want that bottle solely because of the tater sticker!  I've never had J. Mattingly but I would love to go there and experience bottling my own.  Supposed to be pretty cool.
7/17/2020 10:54:51 AM EDT
[#31]
Just picked this up a few minutes ago.

Attached File
“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen on setting brush fires of freedom in the minds of men”
- Samuel Adams
7/17/2020 11:17:09 AM EDT
[#32]
Got a $100 gift card to my liquor store for my birthday. He has a huge selection of bourbons in stock so I’m probably going to have trouble picking what I want.

Thinking about
KC 12
KC 15
McKenna 10
His store pick EC single barrel or New Riff single
Whatever other rare stocks he has for his bourbon guys.
7/17/2020 11:21:23 AM EDT
[#33]
Quote History
Originally Posted By triburst1:
If anyone happens to see a bottle like this collecting dust on a shelf give me a holla.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/34777/C9F49E71-F53C-4009-A130-A78BD578BEC7_jpe-1503292.JPG
View Quote

Had a pour of the only bottle known to be opened in Mississippi.  The bottle and box were absolute art.  The bourbon wasn't bad, but a carefully measured one-ounce pour was $125.00!  
7/17/2020 2:22:35 PM EDT
[#34]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Fbuckshot:

Had a pour of the only bottle known to be opened in Mississippi.  The bottle and box were absolute art.  The bourbon wasn't bad, but a carefully measured one-ounce pour was $125.00!  
View Quote


At that price you should have bought the rest of the bottle.  That's just over $3k.   Secondary market on those were $12,000 at one point.  Insane.
7/18/2020 1:21:42 AM EDT
[#35]
Added to the stable today

Attached File

*** NRA Endowment Life Member***
7/18/2020 1:36:05 AM EDT
[#36]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Libertas:
I'm getting a Single Barrel Store Pick of Old Forester on the 17th during the barrel release party.  Old Forester is pretty damn good.  Really enjoy the 1920 Prohibition style
View Quote


Based on this thread, we got a bottle of this to try. Its really good. Top notch juice!
7/18/2020 2:30:24 AM EDT
[#37]
Blanton’s all day.
7/18/2020 2:59:06 AM EDT
[#38]
Great input on this thread so far, some pro advice :)

So far tonight:
Willet Pot Still - blech, cinnamon, licorice, and Listerine
Jim Beam Repeal Batch - Better, but young tasting, can taste the oak barrels, cheap as hell but more of a mixer than a sipper
Jefferson's very small batch - pretty good, kinda nutty and easy to down
Bakers - VERY good, deep black cherry.  Better after the bottle has been opened for a while
Elijah Craig barrel proof - complex and great, this is the one to finish on for tonight.  Baby sips at 132 proof. A little goes a long way.

Cheers
7/18/2020 3:07:22 AM EDT
[#39]
Quote History
Originally Posted By CastleBravo91:
ECBP B520. Hope y'all bunkered this shit too!
https://i.ibb.co/tp4LTmh/20200712-104237.jpg
View Quote


I have tried all the 19's but have not tried any of the 20's. How do the 20's compare? A VS B?
Thanks!
7/18/2020 3:56:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: insider][Edited] [#40]
Any Bulleit drinkers here?
7/18/2020 8:06:21 AM EDT
[#41]
Quote History
Originally Posted By insider:
Any Bulleit drinkers here?
https://i.imgur.com/xRE6Peh.jpg?1
View Quote

Occasionally. The 10 year is great.

Regret is a dish best served hot. ~ Primuspilum
7/18/2020 2:26:59 PM EDT
[#42]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Libertas:
Added to the stable today

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/75325/20200717_153843_jpg-1508737.JPG
View Quote


Such a great pour. Are you in AZ? I saw a post about a Total Wine in Phoenix area getting ETL, W12 WFP, EHT and having people change clothes to go go back in and buy another bottle
The Frog is Pepe. Someone shouts Hey Pepe @ Hillary rally, then Roger Stone Jedi Mindfucked someone in the Hillary campaign by putting Pepe in the Deplorables meme and now the shit is getting real.
7/18/2020 2:29:02 PM EDT
[#43]
Picked up the Weller 12 and SiB. He wanted too much for the ETL and 1792
Attached File
The Frog is Pepe. Someone shouts Hey Pepe @ Hillary rally, then Roger Stone Jedi Mindfucked someone in the Hillary campaign by putting Pepe in the Deplorables meme and now the shit is getting real.
7/18/2020 8:56:22 PM EDT
[#44]
I just grabbed 2 smokewagons
One Blantons
One Old Ezra 7
One Peg Leg Porkers
God Bless our Troops, especially our Snipers
7/18/2020 9:07:50 PM EDT
[#45]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Pault:
I just grabbed 2 smokewagons
One Blantons
One Old Ezra 7
One Peg Leg Porkers
View Quote


Blanton’s and Old Ezra both very good. I haven’t had the peg leg.
FTFTWFMF
7/19/2020 12:20:58 AM EDT
[#46]
Quote History
Originally Posted By myfakename:


Such a great pour. Are you in AZ? I saw a post about a Total Wine in Phoenix area getting ETL, W12 WFP, EHT and having people change clothes to go go back in and buy another bottle
View Quote
No.. I was able to grab this off the secondary market... total $ spent $33
*** NRA Endowment Life Member***
7/19/2020 2:08:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: triburst1][Edited] [#47]
Looking around to purchase a few more Glencairns.

Had no plans to buy engraved ones but that might change.

Attached File

Attached File


Link
“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen on setting brush fires of freedom in the minds of men”
- Samuel Adams
7/19/2020 2:10:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: justsayin][Edited] [#48]


Link?
Alabama: That the great, general and essential principles of liberty and free government may be recognized and established, we declare....That every citizen has a right to bear arms in defense of himself and the state. (Art. I, § 26)
7/19/2020 2:15:25 PM EDT
[#49]
Quote History
Originally Posted By justsayin:


Link?
View Quote


Added above.
“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen on setting brush fires of freedom in the minds of men”
- Samuel Adams
7/19/2020 3:31:17 PM EDT
[#50]
Quote History
Originally Posted By insider:
Any Bulleit drinkers here?
https://i.imgur.com/xRE6Peh.jpg?1
View Quote

All of the Bulleits I've tried are extremely harsh. Not a fan at all.
RIP Jessie Davila - You are the ultimate hero.

The accumulated filth of their sex/murder will foam up and the whores/politicians will look up and shout "Save us!" I'll look down and whisper, "No."

Sign up to continue the discussion

Create a free account to share your thoughts, follow topics, and connect with the AR15.COM community.

Already a member? Sign In

Previous Page
/ 184
Next Page

The Official Bourbon Thread (Page 8 of 184)