Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/29/2023 12:48:07 AM EDT
Been streaming the series a lot lately. I had forgotten how funny that show was. I don't remember a ton of Phil's work on SNL (maybe Frankenstein and a few other characters). But damn he was a riot on News Radio.

Still bums me out thinking about his murder though.

The Real Deal with French Diplomacy
Link Posted: 8/29/2023 12:58:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Love that show!

Nobody ever gets my Newsradio refernces
Link Posted: 8/29/2023 1:39:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Love that show!

Nobody ever gets my Newsradio refernces
View Quote

Yeah, I suppose that more and more people are too young to be familiar with that era.. especially the days when people "watched TV".

Another couple of our favorite sitcoms from the 90s-2000s are "Rules of Engagement", "Still Standing", and "Just Shoot Me". Oh... and "The IT Crowd". My favorite Britcom.
Link Posted: 8/29/2023 1:49:17 AM EDT
[#3]
I remember seeing a few episodes of that show. The only thing I remember from it was Vicki...

Link Posted: 8/29/2023 2:08:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I remember seeing a few episodes of that show. The only thing I remember from it was Vicki...

https://healthyceleb.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/American-actress-and-singer-Vicki-Lewis.jpg
View Quote

I like Vicky. She was just such a good wacky girl. Wonder what it was like for Maura Tierny, always playing the straight girl., while Vicky got to be as nutty as she wanted. Her wardrobe choices alone were hilarious.
Link Posted: 8/29/2023 4:43:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I like Vicky. She was just such a good wacky girl. Wonder what it was like for Maura Tierny, always playing the straight girl., while Vicky got to be as nutty as she wanted. Her wardrobe choices alone were hilarious.
View Quote

and hot
Link Posted: 8/29/2023 4:48:46 AM EDT
[#6]
You wearing your nicotine patch?

Yeah, like 18 of them around my waist like a belt!

That show was comedic genius. Fuck that bitch for killing Hartman.

Where is it streaming op? Though I'm not sure I can watch it cause how it ends is rough
Link Posted: 8/29/2023 5:13:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Joe Rogan couldn't act his way out of a paper bag
Link Posted: 8/29/2023 6:17:13 AM EDT
[#8]
I remember watching it as a kid, but I doubt I got many of the jokes.  I would probably appreciate it more now as an adult.
Link Posted: 8/29/2023 6:39:35 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Joe Rogan couldn't act his way out of a paper bag
View Quote
Didn't have to, the rest of the cast was just too good.  It worked having his character be bad.
Link Posted: 8/29/2023 6:51:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Hartman was my favorite ever on snl, we watched news radio religiously. Heartbreaking ending to his life

The Sinatra Group - Saturday Night Live
Link Posted: 8/29/2023 2:01:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
You wearing your nicotine patch?

Yeah, like 18 of them around my waist like a belt!

That show was comedic genius. Fuck that bitch for killing Hartman.

Where is it streaming op? Though I'm not sure I can watch it cause how it ends is rough
View Quote

@crashburnrepeat

We stream it from the Roku channels.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top