[#1]
Recording of MASH was not good either.

With rats all over the set etc..

That was in California
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 10:07:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 10:13:18 AM EDT
[#3]
I've read that the actor portraying the rapist was told to harass Ned Beatty by the director. Beatty couldn't stand the sight of the guy after a few days,  and by the time they shot the rape scene, Beatty's reaction to being near the guy was real.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 10:13:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
God I miss the 70's.

Also, that site is pure concentrated AIDS. All the popups and extraneous BS locked up the browser.
View Quote

Can’t argue with that.  If I had wanted to watch that damned video, I would have clicked on it myself!

Link Posted: 7/14/2022 10:15:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
God I miss the 70's.

Also, that site is pure concentrated AIDS. All the popups and extraneous BS locked up the browser.
View Quote

You're browsing the internet wrong lmao.

uBlock Origin, Privacy Badger, and HTTPS Everywhere are virtually required for all web browsing to avoid the AIDS. I've talked to people that wont even browse the web without Javascript blockers.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 10:18:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I've read that the actor portraying the rapist was told to harass Ned Beatty by the director. Beatty couldn't stand the sight of the guy after a few days,  and by the time they shot the rape scene, Beatty's reaction to being near the guy was real.
View Quote

Yeah. I heard Beatty needed counseling for a long time after that.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 10:20:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Dickey was a real dick.

The interesting thing is - he was pissed because he thought the movie wasn't close to his book. Yet after seeing the final product, he had to grudgingly admit that it was pretty good.

IMHO, the film is the best book adaptation I've ever seen - it really captures the essence of the characters and their stories. The book has a little more detail on Ed's life and why he's not super happy with the way it's going... but pretty much everything else comes across in the movie.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 10:26:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 10:26:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 10:45:31 AM EDT
[#10]
I remember reading how Ronny Cox could pop his arm out of the socket so they used it in the movie when his body is found.

Link Posted: 7/14/2022 10:48:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Great movie. Really powerful seeing it in the theater when it came out. I saw it with a couple of my buddies that liked taking canoe trips. :-)
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 10:49:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Its a cool place to visit.  Deliverance State Park in GA.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 10:57:51 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I remember reading how Ronny Cox could pop his arm out of the socket so they used it in the movie when his body is found.https://historybyday.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/Deliverance-Behind-The-Scenes-Secrets-20_.jpg

View Quote

Damn that scene scared me to death the first time I watched it.

Link Posted: 7/14/2022 11:25:00 AM EDT
[#14]
And at a time when America is still picking through the political and cultural debris left by the riots at the Capitol in January 2021, this feels as relevant and resonant now as it was then.
View Quote

These people just can't help themselves can they?
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 11:26:04 AM EDT
[#15]
Great article. I remember seeing it in the movie theater when it first came out. It was all we talked about for weeks!
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 11:26:44 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 11:27:40 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He was traumatized by it…….. I’ve read he had nightmares

Many of the people that live up there hate the movie as they felt it unfairly portrayed them
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 12:49:22 PM EDT
[#18]
I heard NB was harassed for years by people telling him to squeal like a pig.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 12:53:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 1:30:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 1:53:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

They can't. Something that no American that I know spends any time thinking about has to be mentioned by a fucking Brit.

https://twitter.com/TWHodgkinson/status/1547481533770072065?s=20&t=5OVyQ2CGnyyrtn-F35Bf6g
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 1:57:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 1:57:29 PM EDT
[#23]
White water rafting is dangerous, many people have died doing it. I didn't know about all the other shit that happpened until reading the replies in this thread.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 2:03:47 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

Can’t miss an opportunity to cugel the public with press borne bullshit.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 2:04:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He played cap'n redlegs terrell too.  Was good at being a bad guy.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 2:42:54 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

They left out Climate Change.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 3:01:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

Bill McKinney.  He was also the whacked out guy in Thunderbolt and Lightfoot that had all rabbits in the back of his car when he picked up Eastwood and Bridges when they were hitchiking.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 3:06:20 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I remember reading how Ronny Cox could pop his arm out of the socket so they used it in the movie when his body is found.https://historybyday.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/Deliverance-Behind-The-Scenes-Secrets-20_.jpg

View Quote

I remember seeing that scene when i was a teen and it really freaked me out. The guy looked legit dead. The grey makeup and the impossible, uncaring, unfaked pose. Now they can just disintegrate a character with CGI. The director used what he had very well.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 3:08:41 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Bill McKinney.  He was also the whacked out guy in Thunderbolt and Lightfoot that had all rabbits in the back of his car when he picked up Eastwood and Bridges when they were hitchiking.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He was in a cadre of actors that Clint Eastwood used in quite a few films
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 3:11:01 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Many of the people that live up there hate the movie as they felt it unfairly portrayed them
View Quote
In my experience there, half of them are right. The other half....well, the movie is pretty close
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 3:11:20 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Captain Redlegs?
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 3:13:40 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Great article. I remember seeing it in the movie theater when it first came out. It was all we talked about for weeks!
View Quote

I honestly did not get to see it when it hit theaters. I only saw it after the cleaned up version finally made it on on of tge networks. One girl in our class (14) was allowed to see it with her folks. I never will forget her talking about it in class. She said: "Ooo-wah, guys, don't see that movie...it has, like,  fags in it! Like real fags."

Link Posted: 7/14/2022 3:14:44 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

i forgot about thunderbolt and lightfoot even though that scene sticks with me.

he was a black widow too if i remember correctly

eta:  he was a black widow

Link Posted: 7/14/2022 3:16:10 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Captain Redlegs?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Captain Redlegs?

Yep……. Go look at Clint’s movies and you will see Bill Kinney was in quite a few of them…….

He was also in The Gauntlet
Link Posted: 7/15/2022 9:44:58 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
In my experience there, half of them are right. The other half....well, the movie is pretty close
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I went to college in the late 80's with a boy who grew up in the north GA town where the bulk of Deliverance was filmed and he pretty much said the same thing.  He said that certain parts of it weren't all that inaccurate...
Link Posted: 7/15/2022 10:09:50 PM EDT
[#36]
Good read. Saw it at the drive in theater as a 9 year old kid. I was supposed to be asleep in the back of the station wagon. The rape scene confused and terrified me.
Link Posted: 7/15/2022 10:17:59 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Good read. Saw it at the drive in theater as a 9 year old kid. I was supposed to be asleep in the back of the station wagon. The rape scene confused and terrified me.
View Quote

If only you'd have known it was there to prepare you for the democrats of the future.  So sorry, my friend...  

ETA, Nice 30K post!
Link Posted: 7/15/2022 10:24:20 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Everybody should raft Bull Sluice at least once in their lives.
View Quote

I have done it a couple times. Some serious shit. The whole river is pretty wild.
Link Posted: 7/15/2022 10:30:48 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

He was traumatized by it…….. I’ve read he had nightmares

View Quote

I reclassed with a dude from up there who really got embarrassed explaining to people where he was from. On a related not, after a few beers his English became incomprehensible.
Link Posted: 7/15/2022 10:32:00 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

Story was that Beatty and Bill McKinney ( hillbilly rapist and also Captain Redlegs), went at it. Think Beatty thought that McKinney was too much into character and he came up swinging lol
Link Posted: 7/15/2022 10:34:39 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I heard NB was harassed for years by people telling him to squeal like a pig.
View Quote

He was.
Link Posted: 7/15/2022 10:50:44 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I have done it a couple times. Some serious shit. The whole river is pretty wild.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Everybody should raft Bull Sluice at least once in their lives.

A couple of my brothers live near Atlanta, we go camping on the Chatooga every few years.

Need to do the rafting trip one day.

LC
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top