Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 5/18/2024 2:27:48 AM EDT
The situation in Ukraine is so serious that President Volodymyr Zelenskyy had to cancel a planned trip to Spain and come straight to Kharkiv -- the country’s second largest city, which is again in real danger from the Russian advance.

“The situation is very serious,” Zelenskyy said. “We cannot afford to lose Kharkiv.”

As he stood near the injured soldiers, he was very clear that the delay in U.S. aid has had a direct impact on the war, and the situation along the northeastern border. Hundreds had lost their lives or been wounded in the last few days, he said. Many were soldiers from this region, so it was important for him to be there, supporting them, he said.

Is it America’s fault, we asked him, what’s happening now in Kharkiv?

“It’s the world’s fault,” he replied. “They gave the opportunity for Putin to occupy. But now the world can help."

He’s always careful not to criticize the U.S. But this was a slightly more frank Zelenskyy than we usually see.

https://abcnews.go.com/International/story?id=110294232
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 3:54:34 AM EDT
[#1]
He's taking vacations while his country is being invaded?
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 4:06:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Oh geez. I can’t believe he missed his vacation in Spain. I feel so bad for him. Perhaps we could send our soldiers to the front line to help out since our money clearly hasn’t helped.

Since Ukraine won’t draft 18 year old’s we should draft our 18 year old’s and get them on a place as quick as possible to kill Russians.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 4:07:15 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't think I've ever heard of a more dependent country in history.

Can you believe some country's actually had to make their own weapons and fight their own battles?
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 4:32:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Fuck that little POS! I want my fucking tax dollars back! And fuck Joe Biden the crime boss!
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 4:39:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Can you believe some country's actually had to make their own weapons and fight their own battles?
View Quote

Well….that is in no way accurate. The US has a long history of  lending/giving weapons and money countless countries that were at war.  The issue with Ukraine is how those monies are being spent and whose pockets are being lined…..

As I've said in the past the US set conditions that made it conducive for Putin to attack the Ukraine…we have buildings full of psychologists that continually analyze world leaders so that if we need to manipulate them we have the "tools" to do so. In this case we set conditions in that region for a Russian offensive operation. Why, because we needed it….badly.

Has all of this shaped out the way we had hoped?  To some extent no but generally speaking yes. On the "upside" our defense industry is getting a much needed infusion of cash which was vital. We built a massive war machine since 9/11 that is a beast and that beast is now getting fed.  Our miscalculation has been in the domestic support that Putin is receiving back home. I think we greatly over estimated the effects our sanctions would have and our hope that he'd be assassinated.  

I may be thinking too "small" though.

Perhaps this is shaping out exactly as designed with a new "axis of evil" to play the boogey men.  Maybe it's just another Black Sabbath war pigs being played out to sustain our defense industry for the next 20 years? Who knows?

One this is certain though….lots of young men will die.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 5:12:49 AM EDT
[#6]
The flaw in many people's thinking is that there is no longer a Soviet Union and they don't want their countries back.

The Perestroika Spring turned back to dull grey Soviet winter.

Stop investing in former, current and future Soviet countries.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 5:13:53 AM EDT
[#7]
If only Ukraine had some nukes.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 5:32:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Are you guys real comfortable in your armchair? Just checking; Are you finishing your beer? Or are you just pouring yourself some fresh coffee instead?  lol

Those Ukraines have been going thru a couple of years of hell. They will ultimately lose their nation because Putin sends out thousands of Russians to fight his war for him while all Ukraine can do is swat those roaches that keep running in. It's been a war of attrition that Ukraine can't win because Putin has nukes! Zelinsky has no choice but to accept Biden's bribery if he wants to live another day. When Biden and corrupt officials like the cartels say "take the money or else!" Zelinsky will take it! This keeps the war supplies coming too regardless what Zelinksky thinks or if he dislikes being compromised. Zelinsky is a marked man just like that Wagner commander that Putin killed was a marked man. When Ukraine has fallen, Zelinsky will have nowhere to hide. He will be hunted down and murdered.

Consider yourselves fortunate your ass is here in the most powerful nation in the world. Why don't you stop mocking others who are less fortunate, lost everything, and are being raped!

No, I'm not Ukraine blood or remotely related to that part of the world. I'm just not an insensitive asshole who laughs at the misery of others.

Now ya'll carry on and finish your beer.... or coffee.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 5:36:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Is he going to lower the draft age to 10 year old boys??? It's not like his country is sovereign when it is entirely dependent on foreign aid for his losing conflict, but, is shedding the blood of it's youngest males for what...to say they fought? Ukraine is entirely dependent on foreign aid and is dragging this on when they should be negotiating instead. We are 30+ trillion debt and shouldn't be funding wars for Ukraine, and now, Israel on top of it - which is a first world country last time I checked so that makes no sense to begin with - PLUS Taiwan's defense! Wtf is going on. We have a undefended open border at the same time with ZERO money sent down there under this cluster-fuck Biden regime. It is all backwards.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 5:40:19 AM EDT
[#10]
If only OUR taxes were higher

Ukrainians have my sympathy, so does Israel (seriously) but I no longer give a shit what is happening ANYWHERE else in the World while OUR Nation is bing invaded and OUR government is complicit in the takeover.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 5:42:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Are you guys real comfortable in your armchair? Just checking; Are you finishing your beer? Or are you just pouring yourself some fresh coffee instead?  lol

Those Ukraines have been going thru a couple of years of hell. They will ultimately lose their nation because Putin sends out thousands of Russians to fight his war for him while all Ukraine can do is swat those roaches that keep running in. It's been a war of attrition that Ukraine can't win because Putin has nukes! Zelinsky has no choice but to accept Biden's bribery if he wants to live another day. When Biden and corrupt officials like the cartels say "take the money or else!" Zelinsky will take it! This keeps the war supplies coming too regardless what Zelinksky thinks or if he dislikes being compromised. Zelinsky is a marked man just like that Wagner commander that Putin killed was a marked man. When Ukraine has fallen, Zelinsky will have nowhere to hide. He will be hunted down and murdered.

Consider yourselves fortunate your ass is here in the most powerful nation in the world. Why don't you stop mocking others who are less fortunate, lost everything, and are being raped!

No, I'm not Ukraine blood or remotely related to that part of the world. I'm just not an insensitive asshole who laughs at the misery of others.

View Quote

This is quite the take.

Thank you, it's always great to start the day with a laugh.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 6:44:52 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

This post is legit formatted like an NRA letter, its just missing a personal gift from Wayne LaPierre at the end
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 6:47:04 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

This post is legit formatted like an NRA letter, its just missing a personal gift from Wayne LaPierre at the end
View Quote

The personal gift TO Volldy Z.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 6:57:15 AM EDT
[#14]
This whole Russia/Ukraine thing had been brewing for almost two decades before 2022.

Ukraine could have used that time to put a rifle behind every blade of grass, but they didn’t.

This “It’s the world’s fault” garbage is BS.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 7:01:10 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
This whole Russia/Ukraine thing had been brewing for almost two decades before 2022.

Ukraine could have used that time to put a rifle behind every blade of grass, but they didn’t.

View Quote

Feminine energy.

My problems are the fault of everyone but me!
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 7:11:33 AM EDT
[#16]
“They gave the opportunity for Putin to occupy. But now the world can help."

Really now ???

How about your corrupt government raiding and raping your coffers and spending FUCK ALL on your own defensive measures, you let it happen you thieving cunt !
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 7:35:49 AM EDT
[#17]
For evil to flourish all that is need is for good men to do nothing. It is the world's fault that Russia isn't getting their ass handed to them. We are at war but are pretending like it will go away on its own, that Russia will play nice after murdering their neighbors and kindly stop their assault on the civilized nations once they have consumed Ukraine and call it their own.

Everything Putin says is suspect. I trust his propaganda talking heads to get closer to the truth when cheerleading his war efforts. Based on what they say, Russia is just starting their wider conquests.

Virtually our entire military budget since WW II has been devoted to the defense of western ideals and democratic allies against the Russian and Chinese threats. The pittance, and that's what is in the grand scheme of things, that we currently are supplying Ukraine and our NATO allies is going to be a drop in the bucket if we go to war with Russia directly.

Currently Ukraine is using up dated stocks of our weapons, some of them two or three generations removed from our tier 1 supplies. IMO, they should receive everything and anything that is approaching their "use by date". One of the few taxes I gladly pay is the money spent on national defense. Right now, Ukraine is defending our nation. The question is, when will we join the fray in earnest?
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 7:42:17 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

This is correct.   Instead of arming people, they pushed a European or marxist mindset of "citizens cannot be trusted with weapons".     But....what woke Europeans are helping the UKE with their hard earned funds?

To hear that entitled hobbit say it is anybody else's fault is the icing on the cake.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 7:48:14 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
If only Ukraine had some nukes.
View Quote

UA called itself "The Wild West" back in the 90s so it is highly likely and expected that many of these nukes would have been sold to the highest bidders so I think the Budapest Accords avoided an immediate nuclear holocaust.  

So much "aid" is being "diverted" now by all sides that it's comically frustrating.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 7:50:25 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Really now ???

How about your corrupt government raiding and raping your coffers and spending FUCK ALL on your own defensive measures, you let it happen you thieving cunt !
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Really now ???

Ukraine spends around 30% of their GDP on defense.

Kinda makes the USA's spending pale in comparison

What if we spent that same percentage on defense?

Quoted:
He's taking vacations while his country is being invaded?

Spain is sending an aid package. Part of being a president is going to places and meeting with people.

Can't just sit in the capitol and do nothing.

You have to, ya know, go out there and do things. Give speeches. Shake hands, kiss babies kind of stuff.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 7:51:37 AM EDT
[#21]
I guess instead of being a corrupt nation in bed with our even more corrupt politicians to pay their kids outrageous salaries for bullshit positions, funneling $$$ back and forth.....
Perhaps they should have been more focused on their own defense.

Fuck that little clown. I don't owe him anything.

I don't like Putin, but I also don't like going bankrupt for some little shit that sits there and tells the world what we better do from his vacation spot.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 7:53:00 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
For evil to flourish all that is need is for good men to do nothing. It is the world's fault that Russia isn't getting their ass handed to them. We are at war but are pretending like it will go away on its own, that Russia will play nice after murdering their neighbors and kindly stop their assault on the civilized nations once they have consumed Ukraine and call it their own.

Everything Putin says is suspect. I trust his propaganda talking heads to get closer to the truth when cheerleading his war efforts. Based on what they say, Russia is just starting their wider conquests.

Virtually our entire military budget since WW II has been devoted to the defense of western ideals and democratic allies against the Russian and Chinese threats. The pittance, and that's what is in the grand scheme of things, that we currently are supplying Ukraine and our NATO allies is going to be a drop in the bucket if we go to war with Russia directly.

Currently Ukraine is using up dated stocks of our weapons, some of them two or three generations removed from our tier 1 supplies. IMO, they should receive everything and anything that is approaching their "use by date". One of the few taxes I gladly pay is the money spent on national defense. Right now, Ukraine is defending our nation. The question is, when will we join the fray in earnest?
View Quote
Your last paragraph is total bullshit.

We helped instigate this war.  It's a project we've been working on for years.  Whatever, great powers play great power games. This is not new.

It's fucked up, but not new.

You need to wrap your head around the notion that we are using the Ukrainian people.  It's is a cynical war designed to attrit Russia not save Ukraine.  If Ukraine is destroyed and Russia is significantly weakened, the neocon/neolib factions of our government will call it a win.

Everybody knows this. Only the very naive are still convinced that we are fighting the good fight.  We aren't trying to win at all. We are trying to prolong the war.

I'm all for killing Russians and keeping Ukraine free.  I really wish we'd get serious about that.  A loss in Ukraine may meet the goals of the neocons who aren't even the conservatives anymore.  But it will gravely damage Ukraine and the US.

The cheerleading for the war in our media is pure propaganda.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 7:53:27 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

So much talk here that Z will do very well for himself once this war is over.  He went from a nobody from a know nothing country to now being probably the number one attention seeker throughout the entire world.  He has an amazing PR campaign that has done very well.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 7:53:39 AM EDT
[#24]
Typical globalist's tool.

International communists vs national communist...
and as usual we're on the side of the International when we shouldn't be involved at all.

Meanwhile terrorists,cartels,and all kinds of foul creatures bent on destroying us are invading us across our wide open border and then our politicians drain our treasury and give it to them all...

America First
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 7:55:26 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 7:56:05 AM EDT
[#26]
I have been assured by several bros on this very site that Ukrayne is indeed winning.

This has to be fake news.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 7:57:18 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ukrainians are a peaceful people.  They held a "day of unity" to go out and waive flags on the day the US warned them that RU would push a full invasion.  These people have no concept of being a militant society and have a very long history of having various masters instead of invaders.  That's why they make a very good neighbor.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 8:01:51 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 8:11:11 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
For evil to flourish all that is need is for good men to do nothing. .... The question is, when will we join the fray in earnest?
View Quote

When will you join the fight indeed.  Go right ahead and buy a plane ticket to go. What is stopping you?
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 8:11:39 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 8:12:25 AM EDT
[#31]
Yall do realize Trump will also send aid to Ukraine….right?
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 8:15:21 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

When will you join the fight indeed.  Go right ahead and buy a plane ticket to go. What is stopping you?
View Quote

I'm in for a donation to help get him there. I'm sure many others here would help as well.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 8:21:02 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Yall do realize Trump will also send aid to Ukraine .right?
View Quote
This. If Trump was the current president the whole Ukraine bad narrative pushed by many here would be flipped 180. Identity politics at its best.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 8:27:51 AM EDT
[#34]
Let me be first to say eff “the world.”  I don’t give 2 shits about what happens across either pond.  
Defund the UN, disband NATO and build a 40 ft wall around this bitch, yes northern border too.

Link Posted: 5/18/2024 8:28:09 AM EDT
[#35]
Maybe they should elect a leader.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 8:33:04 AM EDT
[#36]
We have to send the money! We have to defeat the snorks!!
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 8:36:06 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Oh geez. I can’t believe he missed his vacation in Spain. I feel so bad for him. Perhaps we could send our soldiers to the front line to help out since our money clearly hasn’t helped.

Since Ukraine won’t draft 18 year old’s we should draft our 18 year old’s and get them on a place as quick as possible to kill Russians.
View Quote

Without reading the article,  he's a leader he could be going to Spain to negotiate for more weapons, probably not a vacation.

Link Posted: 5/18/2024 8:41:48 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
The situation in Ukraine is so serious that President Volodymyr Zelenskyy had to cancel a planned trip to Spain and come straight to Kharkiv -- the country’s second largest city, which is again in real danger from the Russian advance.

“The situation is very serious,” Zelenskyy said. “We cannot afford to lose Kharkiv.”

As he stood near the injured soldiers, he was very clear that the delay in U.S. aid has had a direct impact on the war, and the situation along the northeastern border. Hundreds had lost their lives or been wounded in the last few days, he said. Many were soldiers from this region, so it was important for him to be there, supporting them, he said.

“It’s the world’s fault,” he replied. “They gave the opportunity for Putin to occupy. But now the world can help."

He’s always careful not to criticize the U.S. But this was a slightly more frank Zelenskyy than we usually see.

View Quote

It's your weekly "let's all be very concerned about the 0.1% of the fed budget going to Ukraine" thread.

We should all be very very concerned because Twitter and youtube said so.

Link Posted: 5/18/2024 8:44:51 AM EDT
[#39]
The whole thing is exhausting.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 8:45:04 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Fuck that little POS! I want my fucking tax dollars back! And fuck Joe Biden the crime boss!
View Quote

Bingo.

And people lose their shit when I remind them I've been saying those things from day 1.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 8:46:55 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

It's your weekly "let's all be very concerned about the 0.1% of the fed budget going to Ukraine" thread.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The original democrat propaganda about Trump fried their brains.

They can’t pick out bullshit from real shit anymore.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 8:48:53 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By gif" />Rocketfish:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By gif" />Rocketfish:

What’s stopping half the forum from going to the border since it’s the most pressing issue facing America?

Or China?

Quoted:

Attachment Attached File

Actual budget

Attachment Attached File
Budget according to the anti Ukraine crowd

Link Posted: 5/18/2024 8:57:04 AM EDT
[#43]
Hopefully someone will take out that bloodthirsty little faggot dictator soon.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 8:58:13 AM EDT
[#44]
I always wondered what it'd be like to live in the 60s with anti war hippies.

Now I don't have to.

Im pretty impressed at how good communists can run propoganda machines against Americans. I wish we as a country could do that for freedom and capitalism.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 9:04:45 AM EDT
[#45]
Is there a go fund me site for Ukraine military?  Let those that want to donate fund their war.  Let those that installed pedopeter fund it as it happened under his watch.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 9:04:53 AM EDT
[#46]
He's right, the world is evil thus evil shit is inevitable.

We spend resources that could be used for good, Ukraine and Russia spend their resources and the lives of thousands of men and women.

Evil is the only winner.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 9:08:41 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Well….that is in no way accurate. The US has a long history of  lending/giving weapons and money countless countries that were at war.  The issue with Ukraine is how those monies are being spent and whose pockets are being lined…..

As I've said in the past the US set conditions that made it conducive for Putin to attack the Ukraine…we have buildings full of psychologists that continually analyze world leaders so that if we need to manipulate them we have the "tools" to do so. In this case we set conditions in that region for a Russian offensive operation. Why, because we needed it….badly.

Has all of this shaped out the way we had hoped?  To some extent no but generally speaking yes. On the "upside" our defense industry is getting a much needed infusion of cash which was vital. We built a massive war machine since 9/11 that is a beast and that beast is now getting fed.  Our miscalculation has been in the domestic support that Putin is receiving back home. I think we greatly over estimated the effects our sanctions would have and our hope that he'd be assassinated.  

Perhaps this is shaping out exactly as designed with a new "axis of evil" to play the boogey men.  Maybe it's just another Black Sabbath war pigs being played out to sustain our defense industry for the next 20 years? Who knows?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Most accurate take I've seen in ARFCOM IMO.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 9:12:01 AM EDT
[#48]
UKR is a country of democrats. They expect everyone to give shit to them.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 9:12:21 AM EDT
[#49]
You couldn't be more hopelessly wrong on your bogus assessment of urkraine.  Unfortunately for the Ukrainian people their leaders foolishly trusted the USA and UK.  

All they had to do is look to the tract record of those countries.  The USA is a shitty ally, south Vietnam a lost cause that we dumped billions of dollars into and 50 thousands lives lost?  To what end?  Afghanistan same thing, Iraq same thing?  Never a clear purpose?  Or was it just to enrich the Washington d.c. elite and the military industrial complex?   How many times do they have to lie to you before you get it.  

Urkraine had a choice after the fall of the Soviet Union, trust the west, or give up it's nukes?  They chose the west a big mistake.  Then in February 2022 they had another choice, a negotiated settlement with the Russians and neutrality or trust the west.  Again those choose the west.  

The west isn't what it was post war world ii.  The west is overextended and nearing bankruptcy.  Plus they gave there manufacturing away for climate change!  They could have told the west to bud out and avoid this and negotiated their own way forward.  

Their leaders where more concerned with getting rich of western aid paid for on the west's credit card.  Those Ukrainian's leaders chose money over the well being of their country again and again.  

In the end the west's goal is to destroy the Russian government so western corporations can exploit its resources.  Putin is more interested in doing that himself without the help of the west.  

Couple that with NATO's systematically surrounding of Russia with NATO member countries and it's obvious what the west's goals are.  You can kid yourself with phony patriotism that Russia is somehow a threat to the USA.  But last I checked Russia isn't trying to recruit the USA's neighbors into a military alliance against the USA?  

This whole thing is a problem the west could have avoided by not rolling NATO countries right up to Russia's border.  Look at some of the promises the west gave Russia after the cold war.  It plays out very similar to what the USA did to native Americans in the west.  That's the truth.  

Link Posted: 5/18/2024 9:18:42 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I always wondered what it'd be like to live in the 60s with anti war hippies.

Now I don't have to.

Im pretty impressed at how good communists can run propoganda machines against Americans. I wish we as a country could do that for freedom and capitalism.
View Quote

So you think we should all be pro war whether it poses a threat to America or not?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top