Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/13/2024 11:43:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jack_Dempsey]
Leaning toward P1S due to cost and doubtful need for the X1C’s features (and P1S nozzle and gears apparently easy to upgrade). However, the higher possible bed temperature of the X1C might push me in that direction. Unless the bed temperature of the P1S can be hacked as discussed here with a simple resistor. Although, I’m a bit unsettled by the idea of purchasing probably $0.25 worth of resistor, wire, connectors, and heat shrink tubing for $25. Although I suppose realistically it would be paying for the seller’s knowledge and expertise in figuring out the hack. So……… does anyone here know the resistor value and where to connect it?
Link Posted: 9/14/2024 12:19:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/14/2024 12:31:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MrMackey] [#2]
I bought my x1c last weekend and have no regerts
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/14/2024 12:47:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Keekleberrys:
do it!
View Quote

Yes!

Wait what?
Link Posted: 9/14/2024 12:49:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/14/2024 1:25:39 AM EDT
[#5]
FPNI, again.
Link Posted: 9/14/2024 8:12:39 AM EDT
[#6]
I started off with the X1C. It’s been great. I’ve since added an A1 mini and A1 with the ams lite to the collection and will probably get a P1S for printing smelly filaments in the garage. You can’t go wrong with any of their printers as long as it has the features that you require. The print quality and speed for all of them is about the same.
Link Posted: 9/14/2024 1:33:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -Obsessed-] [#7]
OP just get the X1C.

People are all like, "Get the P1S, and then get enclosure panels! Don't forget hardened hotend! Don't forget hardened hotend gears! Don't forget bed upgrade! Don't forget screen upgrade! Don't forget auxiliary parts cooling fan! Don't forget AMS!"

You'd be better off just buying the X1C. At least then you get automatic filament calibration.

Link Posted: 9/14/2024 3:07:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Huh, had no idea they nerfed the bed temps on them.  Then again I have an X1C so had no need to care.
Link Posted: 9/14/2024 3:19:52 PM EDT
[#9]
P1s is too gimped up with the screen. Can't put aftermarket firmware on it or control AMS with it.
Link Posted: 9/14/2024 9:49:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By -Obsessed-:
OP just get the X1C.

People are all like, "Get the P1S, and then get enclosure panels! Don't forget hardened hotend! Don't forget hardened hotend gears! Don't forget bed upgrade! Don't forget screen upgrade! Don't forget auxiliary parts cooling fan! Don't forget AMS!"

You'd be better off just buying the X1C. At least then you get automatic filament calibration.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/467079/1000010365-3201646.jpg
View Quote

The P1S already has enclosure panels.

Yeah, I’d probably upgrade to hardened hotend and gears. But those are all relatively cheap and easy, from what I understand.

Bed upgrade? You mean the subject of this thread? Something else?

I’m not convinced the screen is worth it for me.

Tell me more about the auxiliary parts cooling fan?

I would get the AMS bundled.

Automatic filament calibration seems like it’d be nice, but I’m not convinced it’s $600 nice.
Link Posted: 9/14/2024 9:51:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By gaspain:
P1s is too gimped up with the screen. Can't put aftermarket firmware on it or control AMS with it.
View Quote

Why would I want to put aftermarket firmware in? And why wouldn’t I just use the slicer for the AMS? Serious questions.
Link Posted: 9/14/2024 10:02:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/14/2024 10:36:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Jack_Dempsey:

Yeah, I’d probably upgrade to hardened hotend and gears. But those are all relatively cheap and easy, from what I understand.

Automatic filament calibration seems like it’d be nice, but I’m not convinced it’s $600 nice.
View Quote

A lot of folks don't understand the true need for proper calibration at these speeds. The amount of pressure differential necessary at these speeds requires a very dialed in K value. An incorrect k value can lead to under extrusion, over extrusion, bad geometry in corners, and corners that are radiused when they shouldn't be or bulged. Often all four of these can exist in the same print. K value also can change enough between rolls, or even within the same roll at different wetnesses.

Flow calibration alone is worth $600.
Link Posted: 9/15/2024 10:55:29 AM EDT
[#14]

Why would I want to put aftermarket firmware in? And why wouldn’t I just use the slicer for the AMS? Serious questions.
View Quote

because the original firmware is spyware in the most literal sense.

and if you want to reprint things and move filaments around you dont have to reslice, sync of colors
Link Posted: 9/15/2024 10:58:31 AM EDT
[#15]
Get X1C, you can do alot more with it..

I miss mine, been traveling...
Link Posted: 9/15/2024 12:17:12 PM EDT
[#16]

and if you want to reprint things and move filaments around you dont have to reslice, sync of colors
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Is there good firmware available? Does it add any functionality?
Link Posted: 9/15/2024 2:15:04 PM EDT
[#17]
OP just get the X1C.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/467079/1000010365-3201646.jpg
View Quote

P1S has the panels, hardened hotend, no hardened extruder though, and a part cooling fan. I hardly use the screen on mine, so that's no big issue.

P1P is the one lacking all those features.

It's worth the extra going from the P1P to the P1S, but P1S to X1C is a maybe.
Link Posted: 9/15/2024 2:17:52 PM EDT
[#18]

A lot of folks don't understand the true need for proper calibration at these speeds. The amount of pressure differential necessary at these speeds requires a very dialed in K value. An incorrect k value can lead to under extrusion, over extrusion, bad geometry in corners, and corners that are radiused when they shouldn't be or bulged. Often all four of these can exist in the same print. K value also can change enough between rolls, or even within the same roll at different wetnesses.

View All Quotes

If you stick with the same filament brand I haven't seen much issues needing to adjust K value between rolls or colors much.

Now definitely I recommend calibrating everything for any filament. I've found Bambu's own profiles for their own filament to be off.

My P1S has been awesome. I just wish it had a chamber heater like my QIDI XPlus3.
Link Posted: 9/15/2024 5:46:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: gaspain] [#19]

Is there good firmware available? Does it add any functionality?
View Quote

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=x1plus

I don't have it because I have a dumb p1s.
Link Posted: 9/15/2024 7:03:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -Obsessed-] [#20]
Originally Posted By memsu:

P1S has the panels, hardened hotend, no hardened extruder though, and a part cooling fan. I hardly use the screen on mine, so that's no big issue.

View Quote

I get the two mixed up. My bad.

I'd still opt for X1C but that's just me. When you print as much as I do the cost of the printer is inconsequential to total cost of the hobby.

My MK3S+ I ran over $8000 of filament through. Still works too.
Link Posted: 9/17/2024 7:22:02 AM EDT
[#21]

I'd still opt for X1C but that's just me. When you print as much as I do the cost of the printer is inconsequential to total cost of the hobby.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By memsu:

Pretty much.

I’d conservatively say I already spent 2 times what I paid for the X1 in filament.

I have to find something to do with all these left over spools.
Link Posted: 9/23/2024 8:24:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Never met a P1S owner who regretted not getting an X1C

Link Posted: Yesterday 4:03:12 PM EDT
[#23]

View All Quotes

And the lidar first layer check is great. I no longer have to spend 45 minutes watching the printer during the entire startup cycle to ensure proper adhesion. I just load up my random filament into the AMS and hit print.

Kharn
Link Posted: Yesterday 4:45:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By norseman1:

View Quote

Never met an X1C owner who regretted getting an X1C.

So there!
Link Posted: Yesterday 8:39:52 PM EDT
[#25]

So there!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By norseman1:

So there!

That $300 order to Bambu's website the night after I got home with mine for all the hotends, additional Bambu filaments, vibration feet, empty spools, spare thermisistors, heaters, etc hurt a bit.
But in for a penny, in for a pound.

Kharn
Link Posted: Yesterday 8:54:34 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: Yesterday 9:47:43 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Rat_Patrol:

I hit print on my Prusa printers and walk away with confidence
View Quote

Yeah I don't use it as much for that. Prusa is rock solid with that, unless you accidentally use the wrong filament profile which I did on two occasions.

Auto calibration of k-value is insanely nice though.

And speghetti detection is nice. And skip object is useful too.
Link Posted: Yesterday 10:18:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Rat_Patrol] [#28]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top