Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 4:46:02 PM EDT
[#1]
"Single Payer would work."

The only words people who actually understand the health care system need to hear to know they shouldn't even bother adding to the derp.

Derp on.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 4:47:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Midcap, if you have a medical condition that can be controlled/ended with reasonable lifestyle changes, consider doing it for your benefit.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 4:53:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By dogsplat:

I’m old too.

Which cloud we yelling at?
View Quote

With this poster? The fat one of course.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 4:53:36 PM EDT
[#4]
It depends on which side of the spectrum you are on.
One side got more billionaires than ever before made on the backs of medical needs for Covid and vaccines...
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 5:12:56 PM EDT
[#5]
The other solution is to be healthy, then you don't need health care.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 5:21:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Pretty much all things the government sticks their fat greasy fingers into turns into a system that screws the middle class, why should healthcare be any different.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 5:35:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By TheDogSaysBark:
welcome to 2008 glad you're caught up. this was the entire argument made against obamacare. don't worry friend. obamacare was written to make it so bad we all collapsed into a single payer system. plenty of sound bites from the guy who helped craft it all about it. your best bet is to get as healthy as you can on your own and get rid of the docs. wait until you figure out how dei is digging itself into the medical industry.
View Quote

Prior to the ACA though, you literally had two choices...die or die pennyless.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 5:35:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By C3H5N3O9:

You started a thread advocating for the government to take from each according to their ability and give to each according to their need.  You don’t see a parallel?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By C3H5N3O9:
Originally Posted By midcap:
Originally Posted By MFP_4073:

OP decries the welfare state and proposes : MORE welfare state.

Communism.  

Communism for EVERYONE.

what are you ever going on about?

You started a thread advocating for the government to take from each according to their ability and give to each according to their need.  You don’t see a parallel?

lol not even close.

Link Posted: 4/25/2024 5:38:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By TheJMan1:
Everyone wants to change the system so they don't have to pay.  It's fucking magic.
View Quote

Yep.  I took the easy way our and picked a job with good medical coverage.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 5:38:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By AmericanPeople:

It has been great for me.  Are you on it?  If not, maybe stop the Medicare rants until you are.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AmericanPeople:
Originally Posted By intheburbs:
And what kind of bullshit is Medicare?  Regardless of your financial status or health care plan, everyone at 65 must go on Medicare?  How's that working out for everyone?  

We need less regulation, not more, of our healthcare system.   But because of Medicare and Medicaid, I'm not sure the system can be "unfucked."

It has been great for me.  Are you on it?  If not, maybe stop the Medicare rants until you are.

only people that shit on medicaid are the hospitals who already make a fuck killing.

Don't try to tell me that Primary Cares can't make money off medicaid and medicare...two docs in my town who have the biggest fucking house in the tri parish area bigger than Gary Chouest only take medicaid and medicare.

So much so those on medicaid get better medical care than private payers get because there is an inventive to run more test and get paid more per visit.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 5:39:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Homernomer:
"Single Payer would work."

The only words people who actually understand the health care system need to hear to know they shouldn't even bother adding to the derp.

Derp on.
View Quote

Do you even know what that means...no you don't, it's a Republican talking point to scare people into voting for more BIG DADDY CORP BUTT FUCKERY
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 5:53:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By DonS:

The fundamental problem is our third party payment system. Which means there's no price competition at point of service.
View Quote
That's not the [root] problem. Healthcare insurance is supposed to be INSURANCE that utilizes a pool of people who pay a premium for an infrequently used (but very costly) service that would typically be too expensive for an individual in the pool. The pool therefore spreads the cost across a larger number of people to make the service affordable. The root problem is healthcare insurance has by and large ceased to function as insurance and instead functions more like a gym membership. This of course is a simplification since the problems with the US Healthcare system are not singular in nature, but eliminating insurance as a payment method for routine medical care and only having healthcare insurance for catastrophic care would go a long way to righting healthcare cost.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 8:09:41 AM EDT
[#13]
I forget, which part of the constitution gives the federal government authority to be involved in healthcare?
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 12:08:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By SteveOak:
I forget, which part of the constitution gives the federal government authority to be involved in healthcare?
View Quote

which part of the constitution gives the federal goverment the right to spy on us?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top