Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/9/2021 7:57:32 PM EDT
Wife wants a new hot tub. Had one years ago that lasted quite a few years with very little maintenance. Had one after that that was junk. Always needed something. Been with out now for a a little over a year. She's got the bug again. Any recommendations for a quality tub?
Link Posted: 11/9/2021 9:41:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Wife wants a new hot tub. Had one years ago that lasted quite a few years with very little maintenance. Had one after that that was junk. Always needed something. Been with out now for a a little over a year. She's got the bug again. Any recommendations for a quality tub?
View Quote

Hot springs is Tier 1....our Bullfrog is almost Tier 1
Link Posted: 11/9/2021 9:47:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Need to see pics of the wife for us to make a proper recommendation.
Link Posted: 11/9/2021 9:50:41 PM EDT
[#3]
I like our Hot Springs. It’s a lower end model but works great!
Link Posted: 11/9/2021 9:52:17 PM EDT
[#4]
The best are built out of stone. Think Hugh Hefner’s grotto. Go from there.
Link Posted: 11/9/2021 9:52:47 PM EDT
[#5]
I sold spa's for 20 years,   Hot Springs, Jacuzzi and Sundance both same company, Bullfrog and Marquis in no particular order.     Wet test see what you like and the dealer makes the difference, doesn't matter how much you spend, if the dealer won't take care f you it doesn't matter.  

Also no stereo!   Avoid the really high end in each line and go with the mid priced usually middle of the series spa, most usually have 3 or 4 levels.  

Also no idea on time line, last I heard they are way backed up.      Another question would be what's your budget?

PM if you have questions..
Link Posted: 11/9/2021 9:54:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/9/2021 9:55:19 PM EDT
[#7]
We have a Dimension One which is completely problem free.

We have a top tier model with extra pumps, lights, fountains, Bluetooth touchscreen, and built in sound system.

If I could do it all over again, I’d get the same exact model with good pumps, but without all the other features.
Link Posted: 11/9/2021 9:55:20 PM EDT
[#8]
You can't afford a Tier 1 Hot Tub.
Link Posted: 11/9/2021 9:57:12 PM EDT
[#9]
We originally had a Caldera Kauai.  It kept blowing motors.  220V set up.

We got rid of it and went with a Jaccuzi 325.  

When the Jaccuzi got installed, the electrician told us the wires were the wrong gauge as was the breaker.  Hmmmm.....
No wonder the Kauai shit to bed.

To do it all over again, I'd go back to the Kauai as the Jets were better amd positioned better.  Granted it is just the 2 of us.  We don't have hot tub parties.

Make sure your electrician wires it with the proper gauge of wire and breaker for whatever you pick.
Link Posted: 11/9/2021 9:59:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Hot springs is Tier 1....our Bullfrog is almost Tier 1
View Quote

The A and M series are as Tier-1 as HS. Jacuzzi, HS, BF, Master, Sundance and Marquies are all Tier-1.
Link Posted: 11/9/2021 10:17:27 PM EDT
[#11]
That looks like a World War Two landing craft.  A Higgins boat?
Link Posted: 11/9/2021 10:20:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
You can't afford a Tier 1 Hot Tub.
View Quote
I'll have my supermodel wife, Morgan Fairchild, write out a check for it. Or maybe she has the cash for it in her purse.

Yeah, that's the ticket!
Link Posted: 11/9/2021 10:23:27 PM EDT
[#13]
I don't know about tiers.  

I just know we used our Caldera a lot for the better part of ten years.

No problems, worked perfectly the day we moved out.  

It was hard having to leave that thing behind when we moved.
Link Posted: 11/9/2021 10:32:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

The A and M series are as Tier-1 as HS. Jacuzzi, HS, BF, Master, Sundance and Marquies are all Tier-1.
View Quote

Unless they fixed the issues with the M series it is garbage,  as for the A series, the price difference from the R series does not really out weigh what you get, just purchase a extra pack, skip the always failing touch screen and BS lighted up bells and whistle top side crap.  

As for your list I agree with all of that except the Master spa.   FWIW I have a 2007 Jacuzzi J355 that is still kicking, albeit a few replaced parts over the years..   IMO the Jacuzzi J-300 series has the best filtration I have ever seen in 20 years, and I was a service tech for 5 of those years.  
Link Posted: 11/9/2021 10:35:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Our Vita Spa is going on a year trouble free and we like it. Have been back to look at the other brands we were considering (Bullfrog, strong spa) and our Vita Spa seems way better built and better quality.

Edit: "ordered" ours June 2020 and got it Dec 2020. It was a blanket other the dealer has already placed with the options he liked. We're happy.
Link Posted: 11/10/2021 12:25:00 AM EDT
[#16]
Tagging this thread.  We bought a new house and we need a hot tub.  Need to have a concrete pad poured once we move in so it may take until this coming spring.
Link Posted: 11/10/2021 12:40:00 AM EDT
[#17]
https://www.arcticspas.com/en/hot-tubs/summit-xl/

Get the SDS config.  I imagine you're probably looking in the ballpark of $20k.
Link Posted: 11/10/2021 1:17:44 AM EDT
[#18]
Spending 20 grand for any hot tub let alone a Arctic and is nice, is seriously stupid.   Unless you are ridiculously rich!  Even then,  it goes without saying.
Link Posted: 11/10/2021 1:28:00 AM EDT
[#19]
Just bought an Arctic Spa Tundra for $20k
Link Posted: 11/10/2021 10:07:51 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Just bought an Arctic Spa Tundra for $20k
View Quote

Not surprised in Canada.
Link Posted: 11/10/2021 10:19:00 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Unless they fixed the issues with the M series it is garbage,  as for the A series, the price difference from the R series does not really out weigh what you get, just purchase a extra pack, skip the always failing touch screen and BS lighted up bells and whistle top side crap.  

As for your list I agree with all of that except the Master spa.   FWIW I have a 2007 Jacuzzi J355 that is still kicking, albeit a few replaced parts over the years..   IMO the Jacuzzi J-300 series has the best filtration I have ever seen in 20 years, and I was a service tech for 5 of those years.  
View Quote

Friend of mine is a BF dealer and prior to that a Marquis and yes QC on the M series is much improved. Problem is individual part availability causing long delays, 5mos+ wait is still the norm. BF uses Balboa controls (just like HS and many of the other manufactures.) The A and M have the upgraded touch controls which are IMO worth upgrading to. Nothing wrong with Hot Springs other than they're way overpriced....
Link Posted: 11/10/2021 10:20:14 AM EDT
[#22]
My Hot Springs salt water spa is the tits, I would never buy another that isn't salt water
Link Posted: 11/10/2021 10:32:21 AM EDT
[#23]
Attachment Attached File

Before the STD's
Link Posted: 11/10/2021 10:35:12 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 11/10/2021 10:51:03 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Friend of mine is a BF dealer and prior to that a Marquis and yes QC on the M series is much improved. Problem is individual part availability causing long delays, 5mos+ wait is still the norm. BF uses Balboa controls (just like HS and many of the other manufactures.) The A and M have the upgraded touch controls which are IMO worth upgrading to. Nothing wrong with Hot Springs other than they're way overpriced....
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We sold over my span of 20 years Artesian, dropped them for Jacuzzi and sold them for a long time.  When high up people from Jacuzzi and Sundance jumped ship for Bullfrog spa's we brought them on as well and then later dropped Jacuzzi when they moved production to Mexico.    I sold B,frog for 5 or 6 years, it's a good product specially with the removable jet packs for sure, and they covered their warranty exceptionally well.   They even replaced peoples spa that had "issues" without question.

I liked the M series, but yes it had quite a few problems, so hopefully they solved that.    I no longer work for that company and they no longer even sell spa's.    When I left just as covid was taking off, lead time for spa's was 9 plus months.    No idea where spa manufacturers are sitting today lead time wise, but I lost out on a shit load of commission.

Like I mentioned for the buyers out there, the dealer is the key to a good spa owning experience.    Find one in your budget, wet test it, and make sure the dealer has a good reputation and takes care of it's customers!    
Link Posted: 11/10/2021 10:52:18 AM EDT
[#26]
Don't personally like hot tubs. It's to hot...

...in the hot tub

ETA: ...
Link Posted: 11/10/2021 11:07:27 AM EDT
[#27]
James Brown's Celebrity Hot Tub Party - Saturday Night Live
Link Posted: 11/10/2021 11:13:37 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

We sold over my span of 20 years Artesian, dropped them for Jacuzzi and sold them for a long time.  When high up people from Jacuzzi and Sundance jumped ship for Bullfrog spa's we brought them on as well and then later dropped Jacuzzi when they moved production to Mexico.    I sold B,frog for 5 or 6 years, it's a good product specially with the removable jet packs for sure, and they covered their warranty exceptionally well.   They even replaced peoples spa that had "issues" without question.

I liked the M series, but yes it had quite a few problems, so hopefully they solved that.    I no longer work for that company and they no longer even sell spa's.    When I left just as covid was taking off, lead time for spa's was 9 plus months.    No idea where spa manufacturers are sitting today lead time wise, but I lost out on a shit load of commission.

Like I mentioned for the buyers out there, the dealer is the key to a good spa owning experience.    Find one in your budget, wet test it, and make sure the dealer has a good reputation and takes care of it's customers!    
View Quote

Absolutely agreed, the dealer makes all the difference but like every 'luxury' purchase a lot is based upon subjective requirements. What one person likes another may hate, for example loungers are a love it or hate it thing for people, if you're floating out of them you'll absolutely hate your tub. There's a LOT of junk in the hot tub industry as well as some overpriced, over-hyped BS as well. I like my tub but wouldn't overpay, this goes for really any hot-tub but like Sub mentions if a time machine module was installed the value would increase. Bring over the Chernobly.
Link Posted: 11/10/2021 11:16:31 AM EDT
[#29]
Order it now for next winter.  I ordered one in july that has been pushed back to january so far.  I'm sure I'll get it just in time for summer.
Link Posted: 11/10/2021 11:39:36 AM EDT
[#30]
I’m getting one next fall. We both have numerous aches n pains and a hot tub would help a bunch. In our case it’s something we will need more and more, so little chance of getting tired of it. I’ll start working on the pad and running the electric in the spring. Considering adding a sun room for it, which would be nice, but a enclosure is more likely.
Link Posted: 11/10/2021 11:43:15 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Order it now for next winter.  I ordered one in july that has been pushed back to january so far.  I'm sure I'll get it just in time for summer.
View Quote

My sister just ordered one for their lake house, 4-6 months lead time.  I have been shopping for a new cover and have seen similar lead times for those.
Link Posted: 11/10/2021 11:52:26 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Absolutely agreed, the dealer makes all the difference but like every 'luxury' purchase a lot is based upon subjective requirements. What one person likes another may hate, for example loungers are a love it or hate it thing for people, if you're floating out of them you'll absolutely hate your tub. There's a LOT of junk in the hot tub industry as well as some overpriced, over-hyped BS as well. I like my tub but wouldn't overpay, this goes for really any hot-tub but like Sub mentions if a time machine module was installed the value would increase. Bring over the Chernobly.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is why a wet test is so important, and most 2nd time buyers do not get a spa with a lounge seat.
Link Posted: 11/10/2021 12:02:05 PM EDT
[#33]
Get the one with a Time Machine.
Link Posted: 11/10/2021 12:25:15 PM EDT
[#34]
If you have a BMI over 25, don't get a lounge seat.  I've had good luck with Sundance.
Link Posted: 11/10/2021 1:04:44 PM EDT
[#35]
I am on my second Jacuzzi. First one was used for 6 years and had one pump replaced under warranty. Sold the house and the Jacuzzi stayed there. It was so nice that I bought another Jacuzzi for the new house. It is 3 years old and no problems.

I use bromine, baking soda and a very small amount of chlorine for sanitation and water stability. If you don’t learn how to balance the water, you will not enjoy the hot tub. Good videos on YouTube on this topic. I spend about 2 minutes a week balancing the water.

Tier 1 hot tubs are super insulated and that makes them affordable to operate….they maintain the heat and that keeps your electric bill down. Cheap tubs have the heater running all the time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top