Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/1/2024 6:23:24 PM EDT
So I have a 2023 ford explorer
Wife picked something up in the sidewall and I know the tire isn’t repairable
My question is it only has 8100 miles on it. Tire shop said I could just replace the one tire I didn’t know if I needed to do at least the back 2? It’s 4wd but it’s that auto stuff so I didn’t know if it was like an AWD where you had to do them all?
Link Posted: 7/1/2024 6:24:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Same size, no problems.
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 5:25:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Measure tread depth. If <2/32 disparity, motor on.
Link Posted: 7/3/2024 5:48:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Check your owners manual for what is the allowed difference.
On a Porsche with 8000 miles  replacing 1 tire would get you all kinds of neat issues.
Link Posted: 7/3/2024 9:27:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Put the new tire on the drive wheel and do a couple burn outs. Wear just a little off.
Link Posted: 7/3/2024 9:42:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By sigpros:
So I have a 2023 ford explorer
Wife picked something up in the sidewall and I know the tire isn’t repairable
My question is it only has 8100 miles on it. Tire shop said I could just replace the one tire I didn’t know if I needed to do at least the back 2? It’s 4wd but it’s that auto stuff so I didn’t know if it was like an AWD where you had to do them all?
View Quote

Same size Same BRAND Same MODEL of tire. You do not want to mix tire types on a modern car with stability control.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top