BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 10:45:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By M4ger:

Good luck, and Godspeed your healing.

I'm having some work done at the end of June.  Right before Independence day.

I might be burning up a bunch of sick time, but the good thing is I've worked extra "flex" days this year and will have around 16-20 hours to use in that time.

A couple 4 day weekends back to back can't hurt
View Quote

Thank you sir, same to you.

I want to be able to get around for the festivities this November. Supposedly back to "normal" 6 months post.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 10:46:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 10:49:13 AM EDT
[#3]
I made my last ever child support payment yesterday and today is my 1st day as a free man in 15 years.
And, I got 8 hours sleep for the 1st time in months.

H
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 10:50:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 10:51:26 AM EDT
[#5]
I got up this morning and went for a long walk, made breakfast read a little news. I retired Tuesday so me daughter and sil are throwing me a party this afternoon with tacos, margaritas and good friends.

I'm going shopping tomorrow for new tackle an getting the boat ready fish on Monday.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 11:02:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Kingstrider] [#6]
Today is awesome indeed!  Went to the range and picked up a Blackhawk 50th anniversary model in 44 Magnum and shot it along with the snub nose 624 I bought last year.  I had never shot the snubbie before but it was very accurate.  The Blackhawk is much heavier and soaked up the recoil but was shooting to the left so I had to adjust the sights.  Also brought my 625 in 45 ACP and shot several moon clips of ammo.  Twas a good range to go shooting.

I need to fill the bird feeder then change out a couple of sprinkler heads but will probably jump in the pool afterwards to cool off.  Later we are hosting a Kentucky Derby party with lots of food and drinks including mint juleps.  I'll be the bartender so will have a friend honcho the betting.  We did it last year and the party extended into the evening playing pinball in the game room.  Life is good!

Link Posted: 5/4/2024 11:12:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By 56xdx_Z:
Good luck. I also need to get to the guitar store and get locking tuners installed on one, then maybe practice the first 4 power chords of Master of Puppets on every guitar  in the store if they are fine with that
View Quote

I won't have time for that today.

I'm kind of on the hunt for a couple more pedals to go on my acoustic/electric board.

Ernie Ball VP JR, Boss DD-5, TC Electronic Flashback 2, TC Electronic SubnUp Mini, RC-50, and another VP JR at the end to bring the song down.

Powered by a Pedal Power 3.

I'll have to move the Pedal Power 3 under the surface to make room for any more sound shaping goods.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 11:13:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Zhukov:
Going to a big crawfish boil at my buddy's house this afternoon.

Drunken birthday party at another buddy's place tomorrow after church.
View Quote

Nice quad 7s post Zhuk
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 11:14:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By macman37:

Thank you
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Awesome idea for a thread. As Doomer-y as I can get it’s nice to focus on the positive sometimes.

I’m going to do some shopping with the wife today, have a fun evening with her, and tomorrow I’m having my family over for an impromptu pizza dinner. My mom’s been having a rough go of it, but everyone is in town and it will be great to get everyone together and try to buoy her spirits a bit.

As I said last night in another thread, If anyone got to know me, they'd realize all I want to do is try to throw wisdom their way.

Encouragement is a big thing to give to someone.

Hope your mom gets some joy from the time with everyone tomorrow.

Thank you

You're quite welcome
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 11:14:32 AM EDT
[#10]
OP I wish you luck in your pursuit of happiness.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 11:15:18 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By d16man:

I need to get my dog out at some point.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Mall-Ninja:
Woke up early and took the dog for a walk - 2.5 miles.

Might head out for breakfast tacos by myself if the rest of the fam isn’t up yet.

I need to get my dog out at some point.

we've banished ours to the kingdom that is our back yard.  Missus took them on a walk earlier this morning already.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 11:20:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By HangfiresGhost:

I want to be able to get around for the festivities this November. Supposedly back to "normal" 6 months post.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By HangfiresGhost:

Good luck, and Godspeed your healing.

I'm having some work done at the end of June.  Right before Independence day.

I might be burning up a bunch of sick time, but the good thing is I've worked extra "flex" days this year and will have around 16-20 hours to use in that time.

A couple 4 day weekends back to back can't hurt

Danke
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 11:24:01 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 11:30:43 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Explorer225:
OP I wish you luck in your pursuit of happiness.
View Quote

Same, fellow bluegrass citizen.

It is remarkably easy to let little things annoy you, and sometimes they happen without explanation or what we'd consider validity.

But, through it all, we can all be joyful.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 11:30:50 AM EDT
[#15]
This thread is a nice change of pace. My morning is going great, started packing some things and selling some things. We will be moving in June and I can't wait. My 33 year anniversary is in a couple days and it's been one of the best years I've had in quite a while.

Thanks for the post op, it's nice to read some of the replies.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 11:34:01 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By dex71:
This thread is a nice change of pace. My morning is going great, started packing some things and selling some things. We will be moving in June and I can't wait. My 33 year anniversary is in a couple days and it's been one of the best years I've had in quite a while.

Thanks for the post op, it's nice to read some of the replies.
View Quote

Hope the next 33 are even better
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 11:36:12 AM EDT
[#17]

Hope the next 33 are even better
View Quote

I appreciate that, I hope things go great for you also.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 11:39:35 AM EDT
[#18]
Oldest daughter graduated from USF with her BA today.   The ceremony was concise.  All speeches fiinished and 674 studenrs walked the stage in just under 2 hrs.
Not a single  protester was seen.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 11:45:54 AM EDT
[#19]
Little family weekend trip

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 11:48:00 AM EDT
[#20]
My morning has been great. Its taking serious effort to remember how great I have it though.

Everywhere I look are half-completed projects or broken things that need repair or replacement. Both in the house, and out.

I started today thinking I was going to cut up a dead 8" maple in the yard and yank the stump. Quick, easy project, right?  I cut it down, cut it into firewood lengths, split the pieces that needed splitting, and just as I was about to start the cleanup phase my sons left to do a bunch of yard work at my oldest's boss's house....with my truck. So now I have a big pile of brush I can't move and a stump I can't pull ....another half-completed project.

My "to do" list is so big it's overwhelming. We have family coming in from out of state in 5 weeks for graduation and I'm embarrassed at the condition of my place. I just looked at the calendar and the next weekend we have without something major on at least one of the days is the weekend of July 20th. I have a ton of vacation time, but it's already scheduled for two different scout camps and my wife's family's summer vacation.

I feel like I'm drowning, and no one can help me. And the school just keeps adding more made-up nonsense athletic meets, practices, awards banquets, work details and events that keep my family busy doing ANYTHING other than being at home.

BUT....I have a house, a great wife, 3 smart healthy kids, and a good job. I try hard to remain grateful. But when I look at the crumbling mess around me I still feel like, "this isn't what life is supposed to be like."
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 11:53:38 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 11:55:35 AM EDT
[#22]
Fixed some fence, planted more blueberries and asparagus, tilled the wife's flower beds, mowed the lawn all before 10.
Trying to get as much done as I can before the rain starts, then I'm running into town to get supplies (beer) before putting  chunk of corned brisket on the smoker.
The rest of the day will be a blur.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 11:56:54 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 12:33:36 PM EDT
[#24]

View Quote

I’ll be in your neck of the woods in a few weeks at Dreher Island

I hope the rain doesn’t mess up the rest of the weekend too much, but at least I have indoors to get by in a pinch
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 12:49:01 PM EDT
[#25]
Got up around 4, short work out, put a couple mags through a project gun, breakfast, hanging out with the dogs and cat while the wife is getting her hair done. Big ass storm this morning so going to clean up the aftermath then change oil and put new brakes on the Can Am and get back to working on guns. No complaints here.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 12:52:07 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 1:31:11 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By JCoop:
Wife retired yesterday so I popped a cork on a nice champagne and reverse seared a wagyu ribeye. This morning I made her smoked salmon, cream cheese, avocado and thinly sliced red onion bagels. The sun is finally out and it's going to hit 70 today - made it through another winter. Life is good!
View Quote

Epic
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 1:46:24 PM EDT
[#28]
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

This smells amazing.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 1:47:45 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By -Kyuss-:
Got up around 4, short work out, put a couple mags through a project gun, breakfast, hanging out with the dogs and cat while the wife is getting her hair done. Big ass storm this morning so going to clean up the aftermath then change oil and put new brakes on the Can Am and get back to working on guns. No complaints here.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/4/2024 1:49:23 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By OLO2:
Fixed some fence, planted more blueberries and asparagus, tilled the wife's flower beds, mowed the lawn all before 10.
Trying to get as much done as I can before the rain starts, then I'm running into town to get supplies (beer) before putting  chunk of corned brisket on the smoker.
View Quote

We just started 3 tomato plants and 3 basil plants last week.

I'm going to have to build some boxes to hang the basils on the deck railing unless I find something premade.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 2:09:11 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 2:09:52 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 2:15:16 PM EDT
[#33]
Like everyday I woke up around 9am had coffee

Today have a day of sitting around with nothing planned but rest.

Last weekend I only got seven hours sleep while doing search and rescue training with the CAP cadets.

Link Posted: 5/4/2024 2:33:51 PM EDT
[#34]
Rain is holding off....I'm going for a run.  Get those endorphins moving.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/4/2024 2:34:44 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By FreefallRet:
Like everyday I woke up around 9am had coffee

Today have a day of sitting around with nothing planned but rest.

Last weekend I only got seven hours sleep while doing search and rescue training with the CAP cadets.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/20856/7DFC5F86-95D7-48C8-B4ED-E7C4F49A9AA9-3202125.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/20856/DD751869-CE55-40C3-8FB7-72F5E13AA497-3202124.jpg
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/4/2024 2:36:12 PM EDT
[#36]

Tomato basil soup....  I would be canning the fire out of that for winter time.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By OLO2:

We just started 3 tomato plants and 3 basil plants last week.

I'm going to have to build some boxes to hang the basils on the deck railing unless I find something premade.

Tomato basil soup....  I would be canning the fire out of that for winter time.

Duly noted
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 2:46:16 PM EDT
[#37]
Gonna do a fuckload of pull ups today, been slacking on exercising this week. Maybe let Ysania give me asmr with her soft, calming voice.

This is supposed to be a happy thread, so I won't bring up the disappointing shit of today.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 2:52:08 PM EDT
[#38]

I ended up performing 8 or 10x last year, and it was really fun considering I'd not played a show for 15 years prior.

1 show completed this year, about 2 months ago.

Not sure when I'll book my next one.

On another note, I stopped by a guitar shop last night, and spoke to the owner.  Her boyfriend of 20-something years is a guitarmaker, and I've got some mahogany and cedar I've wanted to build an acoustic out of.  Everything is already thickness sanded and I think I'm going to do an OM as long as he can bend a florentine cutaway.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Liaztraht:
Its gonna suck, but also be fantastic for me.

Work threw a Saturday at us, and right when I'm off I gotta rush an hour and a half drive to play a gig.

But I get to play a gig so all is good

I ended up performing 8 or 10x last year, and it was really fun considering I'd not played a show for 15 years prior.

1 show completed this year, about 2 months ago.

Not sure when I'll book my next one.

On another note, I stopped by a guitar shop last night, and spoke to the owner.  Her boyfriend of 20-something years is a guitarmaker, and I've got some mahogany and cedar I've wanted to build an acoustic out of.  Everything is already thickness sanded and I think I'm going to do an OM as long as he can bend a florentine cutaway.
Today is number 11 this year, and I have 3 more this month.

After not gigging since 2020, it's been nice
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 3:12:17 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 3:19:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Rheinmetall792] [#40]
Great thread concept!

I'm getting back into regular strenuous exercise, which affects your entire life. Mental attitude, resistance to illness, quality of sleep, even kindness to others improve when you are kicking on all 12 cylinders.

💪

I am fortunate in that my base line strength never seems to disappear into a black hole when I skip the gym for a few months as it does for some friends, but stamina slides for sure. Both always return rapidly when I stay on it and eat well. Have lost 10 lbs in the last 2 months, enough to make my clothes fit better and for people to notice. Just ~10 more and I'm around my ideal weight. I find that thinking about fitness goals isn't enough. I need to set hard numbers and then reach surpass them!

Laying down some drum and bass tracks in the home studio this afternoon after dropping by the local guitar shop to pick up some axes I had upgraded. Will lay down the guitar tracks with those tomorrow with the Soldano SLO.

Also a pistol range visit tomorrow to shake down a new toy that starts with FNX and ends with 45T.  The theme will be Big Bore Day, nothing under 10mm allowed (exception for .357 Mag due to big balls). 💥💥💥
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 3:22:36 PM EDT
[#41]
Got home yesterday after a busy business trip. Spending the day doing absolutely nothing, and so far it is everything I thought it could be.

Link Posted: 5/4/2024 3:27:57 PM EDT
[#42]

Ran my first non-stop 5k since Dec 2022.   a little slow at 32:18 but I will take it.  3.5 mil total with my cool down walk.
View All Quotes
Rain is holding off....I'm going for a run.  Get those endorphins moving.

Ran my first non-stop 5k since Dec 2022.   a little slow at 32:18 but I will take it.  3.5 mil total with my cool down walk.

WTG

Ain't nothing wrong with that time.  I'm happy with a 9 minute mile only doing a single mile.

It's been years since I did anything over 2.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 3:29:55 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Rheinmetall792:
Great thread concept!

I'm getting back into regular strenuous exercise, which affects your entire life. Mental attitude, resistance to illness, quality of sleep, even kindness to others improve when you are kicking on all 12 cylinders.

💪

I am fortunate in that my base line strength never seems to disappear into a black hole when I skip the gym for a few months as it does for some friends, but stamina slides for sure. Both always return rapidly when I stay on it and eat well. Have lost 10 lbs in the last 2 months, enough to make my clothes fit better and for people to notice. Just ~10 more and I'm around my ideal weight. I find that thinking about fitness goals isn't enough. I need to set hard numbers and then reach surpass them!

Laying down some drum and bass tracks in the home studio this afternoon after dropping by the local guitar shop to pick up some axes I had upgraded. Will lay down the guitar tracks with those tomorrow with the Soldano SLO.

Also a pistol range visit tomorrow to shake down a new toy that starts with FNX and ends with 45T.  The theme will be Big Bore Day, nothing under 10mm allowed (exception for .357 Mag due to big balls). 💥💥💥
View Quote

We have a pushup challenge you're welcome to step into.

And congrats on the guitar upgrades.

Current Taylor/Larrivee/Breedlove addict checking in
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 3:30:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Gtdhw] [#44]
Hope so.

First race of the season and it’s a double-day-er.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 7:03:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: StraightShootinGal] [#45]
I was apprehensive about how today was gonna go, but I'm glad to report that it is grrrreat!!!!

Had a lot of chores, but God blessed me with keeping evil away.

So, done with chores, had a great lunch and now doing my nails....

Gonna chillax and watch some Tv...might even enjoy some music and bubbly tonite

If things go the way I think they will, the whole weekend will be great....Praise God.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 7:41:38 PM EDT
[#46]

This place is full of good people, even with a few bad apples.
View Quote

i see what you did there.

speedy recovery for you folks having THR’s. you’ll be so much happier after. follow the orthopod & PT recovery instructions and you’re gonna be great.

they’re faster now than they were 5-8yr ago & often go home same day once you can walk & piss. stay ahead of your pain & alternate meds, if doc permits. 🙏🏻🙏🏻
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 9:10:12 PM EDT
[#47]
An hour until my day becomes fantastic

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/4/2024 9:54:48 PM EDT
[#48]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/504436/20240504_180047_jpg-3205731.JPG
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/4/2024 10:00:51 PM EDT
[#49]
Paid my divorce lawyer his retainer and now heading to a party.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 8:31:32 AM EDT
[#50]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/504436/20240504_180047_jpg-3205731.JPG
View Quote

How was the show?
Page / 3
Top Top