Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/27/2024 8:01:09 PM EDT
The kids are getting bigger and couch space is becoming more difficult to acquire, I figure I need my own chair.

I’d like an over sized, over stuffed, LEATHER recliner.  Not leather blend, or fake leather or anything other than leather.

Needs a cup holder and ideally a way to conceal a sidearm.

Ready? Go!
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 8:04:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GDaawg] [#1]
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 8:12:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Stressless
Well made.
Great leather.
Very comfortable.
Stressless Recliner
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 8:20:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By paddykern:
Stressless
Well made.
Great leather.
Very comfortable.
Stressless Recliner
View Quote
What he said.

Go go to a store that has a lot of different models and sizes.  The different models can feel very different to sit in.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 8:23:24 PM EDT
[#4]
View Quote
Genuine leather for less than $600? I don't know about that one.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 8:26:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:25:42 AM EDT
[#6]
So far a fake-leather, power lift chair and a recliner that is not over stuffed.

While couch space is limited due to the kids getting bigger, we still cuddle together for movies, a big chair that allows at least one with me is what I seek.  Current setup is brown (fake) leather, over stuffed with nail heads.

A perfect recliner would have a pocket between cushion and inside of armrest to hide a Glock.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:32:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Herman Miller Eames.

/thread
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:32:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Eames Lounge Chair. Glue a holster to the side.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:38:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Flexsteel
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:39:26 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By W202fan90:
Herman Miller Eames.

/thread
View Quote

Eames sucks honestly and not comfy.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:39:40 AM EDT
[#11]
My lazboy from 1983 seems to be holding up well
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:40:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Rattlehead34:

Eames sucks honestly and not comfy.
View Quote

Really? I think they are extremely comfortable.

Different strokes, I guess.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:41:47 AM EDT
[#13]
Stickley Bustle Back is what you seek.  Better than a Eames which sticks you in one position.

Eames is just for new money poors.  Stickley is class.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:43:06 AM EDT
[#14]
I really dislike leather seats in autos cause it is usually so humid and hot here . Don’t know if I would enjoy a leather recliner . I know I wasn’t asked for my opinion , and sorry for side tracking , but have you ever sat for a lengthy time on leather ? Again , sorry for interfering with thread .
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:45:46 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By 4q2:
I really dislike leather seats in autos cause it is usually so humid and hot here . Don’t know if I would enjoy a leather recliner . I know I wasn’t asked for my opinion , and sorry for side tracking , but have you ever sat for a lengthy time on leather ? Again , sorry for interfering with thread .
View Quote

This is spot on.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:56:17 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By paddykern:
Stressless
Well made.
Great leather.
Very comfortable.
Stressless Recliner
View Quote

This.

Go to a store, or check Facebook marketplace for used ones in your area. They're great.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 1:15:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: HDLS] [#17]
https://4seating.com/seatcraft-monterey-single-home-theater-seat

Leather
cup holder
in arm storage
usb charging
LED
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 1:30:43 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By _Matt_:
View Quote

Yeah, the first one I bought 20 years ago is still going strong, although the stuffing in the arms is a little flat from my kids sitting on them when they were small. Recently bought a second one. They aren't cheap but well worth the money.

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 2:21:04 AM EDT
[#19]
For retirement, we bought His & Hers Lazy Boys.
Do recommend
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 3:42:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dannylgriffin] [#20]
I have an overstuffed, comfortable, wingback La-Z-Boy leather recliner I've never once sat in.  It looks like it came out of an English private club (except for the footstool part), complete with brass brads and everything.  None of that cheap folded leather crap that looks so tacky and perfect for a double wide.  Sculpted everywhere.  My wife insisted she give it to me on Father's Day ten years ago.  Recliners suck ass.  I'd give it to you but it was a gift and you live in Texas.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 3:57:58 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By USMC7382:
So far a fake-leather, power lift chair and a recliner that is not over stuffed.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:55:38 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By panzersergeant:

Yeah, the first one I bought 20 years ago is still going strong, although the stuffing in the arms is a little flat from my kids sitting on them when they were small. Recently bought a second one. They aren't cheap but well worth the money.

https://homemakersfurniture.scene7.com/is/image/HomemakersFurniture/LZBY379995_A?&wid=622&hei=490&fit=fit,1
View Quote

I had that same chair for a long time. Slept in it many times. It was one of my favorite chairs.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:04:07 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By _Matt_:
View Quote

Yup, mine is from the late 70s. The upolstry and cushions are still like new. Mom got it when the grandchildren took over on visits. That chair has seen some shit.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:13:27 AM EDT
[#24]
Look for flaws in the leather like barbed wire scratches. This indicates it's top grain. Top grain has the millions of microscopic holes from the hair follicles and "Breathes" to help keep you cool when sitting.

We have black leather Laz-E-Boys we paid $2,300 for a pair back in the mid 90's. Still beautiful and Still comfy.

Buy once, cry once.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:15:05 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By USMC7382:
The kids are getting bigger and couch space is becoming more difficult to acquire, I figure I need my own chair.

I’d like an over sized, over stuffed, LEATHER recliner.  Not leather blend, or fake leather or anything other than leather.

Needs a cup holder and ideally a way to conceal a sidearm.

Ready? Go!
View Quote

Mmm...massage chair time?
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:45:24 AM EDT
[#26]
LaZBoy 1 1/2 wide steerhide.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 10:00:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ACDer] [#27]
At the store, have them turn it over so you can see if the frame is made of scrap OSB or real wood.

That being said. FLexsteel is a top tier brand.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 10:12:01 AM EDT
[#28]
Can't go wrong with Bradington Young. I have 2 that are still rock solid after 20+ years.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 12:05:36 AM EDT
[#29]
I wouldn’t have figured my list would be that difficult to fulfill but finding I was wrong about that assumption.

I’ve found chairs that look comfortable, but no cup holder.  I won’t have an end table beside and I dislike the idea of having to always put my cup on the floor.  One might also think that the armrest could flip up and provide some storage but I’m not seeing that either.

So far I’m liking one from Lazy Boy the best, Maverick recliner.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top