BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/22/2019 5:00:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

If a politician said, “if we don’t get Fed spending under control, we we will crash the economy,” I’d say that’s good advice, the kind the GOP offers (when they are out of power and can’t act on it).

When a Democrat POTUS hopefully, predicts the same, and attaches a date, in a few weeks, I worry about Dem shenanigans deliberately trying to crash the economy.
View Quote
Of course they will. You can't have a revolution in a good economy. You guys aren't paying attention; this whole thing has to come down so that the Dems can take control of House, Senate and Presidency. Once they have the government, they will then move forward with the Amnesty, creating millions of brand new voters who will reliably vote Dem. Quickly following that, the Electoral College will either be abolished entirely, or so thoroughly  compromised as to mean nothing. This will, of course, result in the complete marginalization of the GOP, and lead us to what the ultimate goal of the Democrats has been for the last 10 years; one party rule. As long as they have the power, they simply do not care what happens. It's all about bringing about the dominance of the Democratic Front, and staying there.
Link Posted: 7/22/2019 5:05:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Her spirit animal must be a ferret.
Link Posted: 7/22/2019 5:08:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Fauxcahontas couldn't make a go of a lemonade stand in downtown Phoenix on an August afternoon and she's making economic predicitions???
Link Posted: 7/22/2019 5:22:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
With practically NO knowledge of economics at all, she will pretty much be just as good as any trained economist at predicting the future.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Focahontas the economist....has a ring to it
With practically NO knowledge of economics at all, she will pretty much be just as good as any trained economist at predicting the future.  
She consulted the gifted economist from NYC, congressperson of color hyphenated.
Link Posted: 7/22/2019 7:57:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote
She basically just uses focus group phrases and words.  I follow her FB and it's pret funny.  Basically the corporations are going to kill us for higher profits.
Link Posted: 7/22/2019 8:05:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Confirmation. There are SEVERAL Mondays in September.
Link Posted: 7/22/2019 8:18:12 PM EDT
[#7]
I can’t believe 3 pages and no one has mentioned Deutsche Bank.

Markets are cyclical and booms and busts happen about every 10 years historically.

That means we are over due for a correction.

About a week or so ago Deutsche Bank very abruptly decided to get out of the derivative game.  People came into work and instead of a normal day, about 1/5 of their total global workforce was boxing their shit by lunchtime.

DB has been one of the global movers in derivatives clearing and moving.

Does anyone remember what caused the crash of 2008?

Perhaps DB said they weren’t going to play musical chairs with their $50 trillion exposure and have taken their chair home before someone had a chance to start the music.
Link Posted: 7/22/2019 8:43:09 PM EDT
[#8]
I don't know when the crash will happen, but it will be worse than 2008.  The leverage is now in the trillions and everyone is tapped out.
Link Posted: 7/22/2019 8:49:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Since she knows what is about to happen and it is so bad, why isn't she doing something to avoid it?

Maybe she should get her ass to work and do some of that Congress shit and save the country?

What is stopping her from acting now?

What is she waiting for?
View Quote
Well, first of all, one woman alone can’t change anything, even a Magical one like her.   But you’re missing the bigger picture:

Maybe she Wants it to happen, because it will put her kind in power for the next hundred years.

Maybe, people at the FED also want it to happen. Along with Soros and Company.

Maybe she’s telegraphing their intentions.
Link Posted: 7/22/2019 8:52:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
My opinion is that she is being fed this information by people who are going to try and deliberately hurt our economy and get rich doing it. An economic crash can be blamed on the President and they will use it to manipulate the election, along with a great deal of voter fraud.

Their goal is to get President Trump out of the White House by any means possible and have him replaced with a puppet.

She's a low IQ individual who is being used by the people who pull her strings.
View Quote
Time will tell.   The next couple years are going to be very interesting.
Link Posted: 7/22/2019 8:57:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Warren is like every doom and gloomers. They want disaster so all can share in their misery. It’s just how they’re wired. Winning is like kryponite to them.

Can’t stop this trump economic train...too much steam and there’s no brakes. Trump literally tore off the brakes of American productivity and exceptionalism that Obama put on.

God bless president trump for erasing all fbho damage to our very way of life and prosperity.
Link Posted: 7/22/2019 9:02:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Markets are cyclical and booms and busts happen about every 10 years historically.

About a week or so ago Deutsche Bank very abruptly decided to get out of the derivative game.  People came into work and instead of a normal day, about 1/5 of their total global workforce was boxing their shit by lunchtime.

Perhaps DB said they weren’t going to play musical chairs with their $50 trillion exposure and have taken their chair home before someone had a chance to start the music.
View Quote
Arrogant muppets don't care, they may pay attention when it blows up.
Link Posted: 7/22/2019 9:36:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There’s that resident doom and gloomer!  Wouldn’t be the same without you guys predicting utter collapse for the last ten years and proven wrong on every monday. Don’t worry, you’ll be right someday. But not while trump is in office, no sir.
Link Posted: 7/22/2019 9:57:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Warren - The administration may breach the debt ceiling in September, leading to economic turmoil that top economists say would be "more catastrophic" than the collapse of Lehman Brothers in 2008.

The Coming Economic Crash  And How to Stop It by Elizabeth Warren:

I warned about an economic crash years before the 2008 crisis, but the people in power wouldn't listen. Now I'm seeing serious warning signs in the economy again  and I'm calling on regulators and Congress to act before another crisis costs America's families their homes, jobs, and savings.

I've spent most of my career getting to the bottom of what's happening to working families in America. And when I saw the seeds of the 2008 crisis growing, I rang the alarm as loud as I could.

In 2003, I called out subprime lenders for tricking unsuspecting families  especially families of color  into refinancing into overpriced subprime mortgages. In 2004 and 2005, I warned that families were getting deeper into debt and hanging on only by borrowing against their homes, which put them in a vulnerable position if costs rose or a family member lost a job. In 2006, I flagged that foreclosure rates were starting to go up, but that the mortgage lenders were still churning out loans because they had passed on the risk of defaults to investors in the form of mortgage-backed securities. Those trends  shady subprime lending, rising household debt, a mortgage market where lenders didn't bear the risk of their loans  set the stage for the 2008 crisis.

But the people with the power to stop the crisis didn't listen  not enough of them anyway. Not the banks, not Alan Greenspan or other federal regulators, not Congress. And when the crisis hit in 2008, working families lost it all while the big banks that broke the economy got a fat taxpayer bailout.

When I look at the economy today, I see a lot to worry about again. I see a manufacturing sector in recession. I see a precarious economy that is built on debt  both household debt and corporate debt  and that is vulnerable to shocks. And I see a number of serious shocks on the horizon that could cause our economy's shaky foundation to crumble. (snip)
View Quote
Putting a date on it is a huge gamble.  If she lucks out and the economy shits itself on schedule (with or without anti-Trump manipulation) she'll get a huge credibility boost shortly before the primaries and Trump will be super vulnerable.  If she's wrong - and specific predictions like this are almost always wrong -  Trump will pound her ruthlessly with it.  Warren's sole weapon is her (false) economic policy wonk reputation, and she's now placed that on the line with a deadline of about two months attached to it.
View Quote
EW says a crash is coming? Time to buy stocks!
Link Posted: 7/22/2019 10:02:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Elizabeth Warren, Exponentialpi, and Gym007... the three economists of the Trumpocalypse.
Link Posted: 7/22/2019 10:06:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Because E Warren is one I want to take financial advice from.
Link Posted: 7/22/2019 10:09:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Hasn't the Horowitz report been delayed for the millionth time to September now?  Does this mean it must actually be coming out in September?  Not that I expect it to do crap.  He's still a Democrat and a leopard never changes it's spots.  These Democrats would gladly destroy the entire US economy and set us back 50 years if it would take out Trump.
Link Posted: 7/22/2019 10:36:59 PM EDT
[#18]
She is a dumbass but we shouldnt be cheering on the debt ceiling just because its our guy in office. Balance the fucking budget.
Link Posted: 7/22/2019 10:48:01 PM EDT
[#19]
"In 2003, I called out subprime lenders for tricking unsuspecting families especially families of color into refinancing into overpriced subprime mortgages."

She is full of shit. My dad was a director at a bank and it was the Government FORCING banks to make $250,000 home loans to minorities making 25k a year.
Link Posted: 7/22/2019 10:49:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Fauxahontis clearly doesn't understand fractions, so this isn't a surprise.
Link Posted: 7/22/2019 10:53:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
What insider info does she think she knows to go that far out on a shakey limb to be so specific?
View Quote
Considering that the money market run aspect of the last one was deliberate....

They've been laying the groundwork for using this as a nuclear option since before Trump was even sworn in.
Link Posted: 7/22/2019 10:54:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Liberals have been trying to crash the economy ever since Trump took Office.
Link Posted: 7/22/2019 10:54:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Fauxcahontas's credibility as an economics expert is about as believable as her Indian heritage.
View Quote
you mean she doesn't have a degree in economics? her Juris Doctorate doesn't count? go figure.
Link Posted: 7/22/2019 11:02:52 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Focahontas the economist....has a ring to it
Do the 'Rats have enough corrupt pals in the market to influence it negatively?
Link Posted: 7/22/2019 11:15:46 PM EDT
[#25]
I have no doubt that liberals would tank the economy before the election if they could.
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 5:56:29 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

There’s that resident doom and gloomer!  Wouldn’t be the same without you guys predicting utter collapse for the last ten years and proven wrong on every monday. Don’t worry, you’ll be right someday. But not while trump is in office, no sir.
View Quote
You actually think the President has any control over monetary policy?
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 6:32:42 AM EDT
[#27]
Another 2008? Sweet, I wouldn't mind picking up some extra real estate or a house for a decent price.
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 6:37:10 AM EDT
[#28]
What a vapid, cuntastic twat.
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 6:39:29 AM EDT
[#29]
Does September have 37 Mondays!?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 6:40:53 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
On a Monday?
View Quote
Finally the right answer
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 6:42:55 AM EDT
[#31]
She's clearly of the belief that any publicity is good publicity, even if she's wrong. Her prediction will most likely be wrong.
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 6:49:14 AM EDT
[#32]
Take a look at interest rates since Trump was elected.  They WANT to cause a recession, to prevent his re-election.  
rates
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 6:54:36 AM EDT
[#33]
1/1024th  Economist
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 6:57:39 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Take a look at interest rates since Trump was elected.  They WANT to cause a recession, to prevent his re-election.  
rates
View Quote
By all means, Muppets must have free money to keep the Ponzi at ramming speed.

Link Posted: 7/23/2019 6:58:12 AM EDT
[#35]
What kind of person would take this seriously?  
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 7:14:23 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
What kind of person would take this seriously?  
View Quote
The same kind that took An Inconvenient Truth seriously.

We're a few years past that arctic melt and coastal flooding "prediction" now.

Another "inconvenient truth"
"Yet Gore's critics point out that just a few years later, he bought an $8 million beach-front property near Los Angeles."
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 7:15:02 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Right.
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 7:20:10 AM EDT
[#38]
Evidently, Elizabeth Warren is selling gold....
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 7:26:42 AM EDT
[#39]
The economy is largely a state of mind, and the one thing that helps it more than anything is having a President that is not anti-business or anti-capitalism, which is something we did not have when FBHO was in office.
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 7:34:30 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
What insider info does she think she knows to go that far out on a shakey limb to be so specific?
View Quote
I was thinking the same.
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 2:58:58 PM EDT
[#41]
Yet another apocalypse that will end in disappointment.
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 3:35:44 PM EDT
[#42]
She couldn't predict what day it is tomorrow
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 3:41:06 PM EDT
[#43]
Elizabeth Warren makes dire prediction for US economy
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top