Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/4/2024 11:57:38 PM EDT
Apart from the additional onboard storage, which is really not relevant to my setup, is the extra throughput noticeable with IDP/IPS and all the goodies turned on?
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 12:01:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Jakezor] [#1]
Don't have fast enough Internet for the regular one with IDS/IPS on to affect much so no reason to upgrade yet.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 12:17:22 AM EDT
[#2]
I've been contemplating the Pro SE when the Max came out. I've got 2Gig Google Fiber and they're offering 5 and 8 Gig as well.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 12:55:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Sartorius:
I've been contemplating the Pro SE when the Max came out. I've got 2Gig Google Fiber and they're offering 5 and 8 Gig as well.
View Quote

I actually think the SE might be a better option for me.. I can't saturate a 5Gig link, and the PoE would be nicer to have than the extra hard drive bay.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 10:15:43 AM EDT
[#4]
I have been thinking of it. Not right now for me though.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 2:17:00 PM EDT
[#5]
No reason for my installation. UDM-SE is more than sufficient. If you have higher bandwidth availability then maybe, however I think it's a bit overkill for most.

AB
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 6:58:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Jakezor:
Don't have fast enough Internet for the regular one with IDS/IPS on to affect much so no reason to upgrade yet.
View Quote
This.  And I have a UNVR so the second drive bay is pointless for me.  I'll stick with my UDMP for now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top