Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Rdg5s are clearly American weapons stolen by the evil Zelenskyy for terrorism

Ehh, you’re wrong also
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 10:05:10 AM EDT
[#2]
What’s a terrorist deputy?
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 10:06:13 AM EDT
[#3]
So far we have 9 votes for flashbangs over the fact Russian grenades are just really shitty.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 10:06:56 AM EDT
[#4]
I am betting these are not fragmentation grenades.

I have seen what those do in confined spaces.

That looks more like what concussion grenades, or flashbangs do.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 10:07:45 AM EDT
[#5]
They’re going to have a couple decades of that shit once people realize their loved ones are dead because some corrupt scumbags made a deal to launder money
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 10:08:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
He was just standing there with them in his hands for a decent amount of time before he pulled the pins. I guess some guy walking into a room with grenades is a normal thing there or something?
View Quote

People don't pay attention for shit.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 10:11:21 AM EDT
[#7]
More $$$$$ from The USA Will fix it.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 10:11:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Based on the lack of fatalities and tosser just standing there as “grenades” are going off I suspect these were the devices used:

Link Posted: 12/15/2023 10:12:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Maybe so, but these specs say most people in that room should have been greviously injured at the very least.

Contains a 110-gram (3.9 oz) charge of TNT with an internal fragmentation liner that produces around 350 fragments with a fatality radius of around 3 metres (9.8 ft.) and a wounding radius of 25 metres (82 ft.)

Do age and storage conditions degrade TNT?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pretty clear they were RDG-5s. Compared to M67s, they suck.

Maybe so, but these specs say most people in that room should have been greviously injured at the very least.

Contains a 110-gram (3.9 oz) charge of TNT with an internal fragmentation liner that produces around 350 fragments with a fatality radius of around 3 metres (9.8 ft.) and a wounding radius of 25 metres (82 ft.)

You are luck if half the frag from any grenade doesn't go straight into the ground or air in the first place, the rest mostly fans out at leg level.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 10:13:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 10:14:30 AM EDT
[#11]
My take away is that guy is very tall or doors in Ukraine are shorter than in the US.

Anyway, we should send a few billion to those people to fight the climate change given off by the detonations of those grenades.
Quoted:

A third of the population has bailed as war refugees (mostly women). And the death of a large percentage of prime-age men pretty much means the place in a death spiral for replacement rate. On top of that, the place is beaten to hell...
View Quote

I can't remember where I read it, but it will take UKR's population something like 50-100yrs to recover. Those times may not be accurate, but it was a staggering number of years.

ETA: My buddy says those are flashbangs.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 10:15:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

You are luck if half the frag from any grenade doesn't go straight into the ground or air in the first place, the rest mostly fans out at leg level.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pretty clear they were RDG-5s. Compared to M67s, they suck.

Regardless of frag, the concussion of the explosions are devastating. This does not look like that.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 10:16:58 AM EDT
[#13]
Coke.jpg
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 10:17:08 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
My take away is that guy is very tall or doors in Ukraine are shorter than in the US.

Anyway, we should send a few billion to those people to fight the climate change given off by the detonations of those grenades.
View Quote

Don’t give neocons any ideas
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 10:18:10 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote
Also, in a room with 20-30 people, only the ones closest will eat the frag. So that's why 6 are seriously injured.

IIRC, I believe the RDG5s have that stamped outer shell and the frag is actually a perforated wire coil. As I said before, dozens of videos of these going off right next to people without them being incapacitated.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 10:18:26 AM EDT
[#16]
Those were flash bangs..not HE
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 10:21:23 AM EDT
[#17]
lol Damn, dude gave no fucks.

Link Posted: 12/15/2023 10:25:03 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Bomb the Kremlin
View Quote

they tried...they failed

their enemy is in DC and London...
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 10:25:23 AM EDT
[#19]
So who is this guy?  It's this one of Z Man's picks after "cleaning up" the government?

Disclose has this quote:  "The man, named as council representative Serhiy Batrin, 54, is seen entering the meeting late and standing by the door during a heated discussion at the session in Keretsk, in the Zakarpattia region"
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 10:26:11 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Why did everyone just fucking sit there?
View Quote

They thought they were safe.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 10:28:56 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
So who is this guy?  It's this one of Z Man's picks after "cleaning up" the government?

Disclose has this quote:  "The man, named as council representative Serhiy Batrin, 54, is seen entering the meeting late and standing by the door during a heated discussion at the session in Keretsk, in the Zakarpattia region"
View Quote
That is waaaaay in the western part of Ukraine right along the border with Slovakia and Hungary, almost 400 miles from the front line.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 10:35:16 AM EDT
[#22]
Coming soon to a school board meeting near you?
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 10:35:51 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
So far we have 9 votes for flashbangs over the fact Russian grenades are just really shitty.
View Quote

Yeah, “grenades” as a class can be really variable. I think it’s mentioned in “Shots Fired in Anger”, that GIs in Guadalcanal used to just stomp Japanese grenades into the mud and they were fine.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 10:42:35 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Coming soon to a school board meeting near you?
View Quote

Used car salesman's last meeting.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 10:43:13 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Thats what it looks like when I pause it and take it frame by frame
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Thats what it looks like when I pause it and take it frame by frame

They're F1s.

They have less explosive filler than the RGD5s and M67s, thus their sub performance.

Link Posted: 12/15/2023 10:50:33 AM EDT
[#26]
I don't know shit about grenades, but we just saw the IDF video where an IDF soldiers shrugs off a grenade going off right if front of him. Then he rounds the corner and kills the Hammas guy.

It stands to reason that grenades aren't as effective as the movies make them?

Start the video at 7:40ish.

Combat Footage of IDF Soldiers Fighting Hamas in Gaza
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 10:51:16 AM EDT
[#27]
At least he remembered to take the safety clip off
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 10:51:18 AM EDT
[#28]
She love me
She love me not
She loves me
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 10:55:13 AM EDT
[#29]
Those aren't frag grenades.

Scroll through the video and look at the walls, tables, ext after they start booming.

Or if they are, they are literal trash.

But that concussion would have sucked BALLLLLLLLS
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 10:56:06 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

They're F1s.

They have less explosive filler than the RGD5s and M67s, thus their sub performance.

https://d3n898qob6erx6.cloudfront.net/hazards/242/images/qzi7M34caGogIXL2oSwDXd0nwzxhLccVUI7Ki3Nf.jpg
View Quote
Definitely possible (F1 has 2.1oz), but to me the shape looked like the stamped RGD5(3.9oz). Neither are great compared to the M67 (6.5oz of a better explosive, plus a hull that frags much better).

I guess now they are saying a couple people have died
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 11:00:43 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I don't know shit about grenades, but we just saw the IDF video where an IDF soldiers shrugs off a grenade going off right if front of him. Then he rounds the corner and kills the Hammas guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-w2cJSYbqI
View Quote

There's two traditional types of grenades:

Concussion and fragmentation.

You know the historic German stick grenade?   Those were concussion grenades.  They were meant to be thrown by most everyone in a squad as they rushed a position.  The concussion that would result would stun and disorientate the enemy as they stormed the position.  No fragmentation meant that they were relatively safe to be fairly close to.

Frag grenades have a very wide lethal zone, and are also known as defensive grenades, since you tossed one, you'd probably be in some sort of cover.  If you just tossed one on a flat field and stood there, the chance of getting hit with a fragment is very high.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 11:01:36 AM EDT
[#32]
Strange shadow or is there some long flat spoon bending down at the bottom?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 11:08:08 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Wow, three grenades in a small room and nobody died?  I mean, tossing a grenade is one of the most anticlimactic things I've done after growing up watching '80s action movies (with huge fireball and vehicles being launched into the sky), but still, you'd have expected some deaths in that confined space.  He'd have saved more lives if he'd taken out zelenski instead.
View Quote

Grenades are definitely underpowered compared to what most people expect after watching tv and movies.  But three grenades in a smallish room with lots of people right in front of them, I'd expect a bit more.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 11:08:23 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
The only thing Ukraine can offer as a viable export now is their women. We got involved in a Civil War, should have minded our own damn business and given all the support and military equipment to Poland.
View Quote

Also kvas.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 11:09:33 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Were they concussion grenades? Like flash bangs or something? Isn't there a difference between grenade types? I.e. ones with more bang and less fragmentation versus lots of fragmentation?

View Quote

I don't think those have separate fuses that are triggered by a spoon release.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 11:12:26 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Flashbangs?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wow, three grenades in a small room and nobody died?  I mean, tossing a grenade is one of the most anticlimactic things I've done after growing up watching '80s action movies (with huge fireball and vehicles being launched into the sky), but still, you'd have expected some deaths in that confined space.  He'd have saved more lives if he'd taken out zelenski instead.

Flashbangs?

No, just shitty commie nades.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 11:17:33 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Definitely possible (F1 has 2.1oz), but to me the shape looked like the stamped RGD5(3.9oz). Neither are great compared to the M67 (6.5oz of a better explosive, plus a hull that frags much better).

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They're F1s.

https://d3n898qob6erx6.cloudfront.net/hazards/242/images/qzi7M34caGogIXL2oSwDXd0nwzxhLccVUI7Ki3Nf.jpg

Yeah, Comp B is better.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 11:17:51 AM EDT
[#38]
No Medals Of Honor in that room!

Weird that he dropped the second two just at his feet, I would've rolled the first one on to the main table, then the other ones into people's laps.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 11:20:18 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

Normalcy bias.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 11:22:57 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

You've got a really bad case of Zelenskyy derangement syndrome

Zelenkyy is responsible for:

USA inflation post 1/20/21
Cold sores
USA national debt (all of it)
Anal seepage
Why your check is not up 500% due to donating to the Trump campaign
poor sex life
Low T
Why you can't get a date
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 11:27:05 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

You know the historic German stick grenade?   Those were concussion grenades.  They were meant to be thrown by most everyone in a squad as they rushed a position.  The concussion that would result would stun and disorientate the enemy as they stormed the position.  No fragmentation meant that they were relatively safe to be fairly close to.

Frag grenades have a very wide lethal zone, and are also known as defensive grenades, since you tossed one, you'd probably be in some sort of cover.  If you just tossed one on a flat field and stood there, the chance of getting hit with a fragment is very high.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-w2cJSYbqI

The Germans also had a *sleeve* type deal you could put on the potato mashers that would give them some frag.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 11:31:43 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

I dont think Russia would EVER bull shit about the effectiveness or composition of any munitions. Nor would any Russian manufacturer EVER skimp or take shortcuts.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 11:33:06 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

Because there are actually 3 normal reactions to abnormal shit happening. You've heard of fight or flight, but the most common is to freeze.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 11:33:07 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Now only if American politics were that entertaining.  I'd love to see some idiot congress critters tossing grenades at each other.  Would make watching C-Span worth my time.

View Quote

Here, here.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 11:33:17 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Were they concussion grenades? Like flash bangs or something?
View Quote

Yes.

'At least that what I read elsewhere.
No deaths.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 11:35:24 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Damn!  That old dude that was just staring at it on the ground!
View Quote

I use to think more people freak out than freeze up.  
After years on the medical field, I know for a fact that waaaay more people freeze than freak out.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 11:36:12 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

Well.....if the "grenade" doesn't do grenadie stuff, isn't it effectively a flashbang?

Link Posted: 12/15/2023 11:36:39 AM EDT
[#48]
That guy hates meeting even more than I do!
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 11:36:50 AM EDT
[#49]
Best screenshot I could get of glorious grenadesky:

Link Posted: 12/15/2023 11:38:33 AM EDT
[#50]
“Mrs. Chairwoman, the grenades have the floor.”
Page / 6
Top Top