Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 11:37:54 PM EDT
[#1]
In before ... somebody becomes stranded on a deserted Island for years on end.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 11:38:27 PM EDT
[#2]
So OP you posted how many times in how many years?  What exactly about this story made you retrieve your password?
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 11:46:22 PM EDT
[#3]
I went in at 1700 today no cars in the parking lot.  They forgot to tell me to stay home.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 11:49:16 PM EDT
[#4]
ON STANBY

TRANSMISSION OVER
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 11:57:03 PM EDT
[#5]
UPS has designations for buildings referred to as a SLIC. SDFAS is the identifier for their Louisville Sort facility and the SLIC is 4009.  The N stands for Night sort which is the sort UPS processes all of its next day air packages to be flown out and delivered the next day.  Its not a building UPS shuts down easily or lightly.
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 12:04:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This post requires END TRANSMISSION at the end so we know when it's over
View Quote

Yeah but tomorrow the force will be disrupted when millions cry out all at once WHERES MAH STUFF and then they are suddenly silenced  
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 12:11:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Some other “stuff” shutting down tomorrow as well.

Don’t think it is public yet, so.....
View Quote

Im all ears.
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 12:47:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
This guy is an engineer. Has to be. Nobody else is this weird.
View Quote

I’m just a lurker pleb who doesn’t know how to thread
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 2:22:35 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Sorry; 4009N is lingo for the Louisville Worldport Next Day Air sort.
View Quote
You had to have known that nobody would have understood that.
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 2:34:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Please be congress...
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 2:51:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This guy is an engineer. Has to be. Nobody else is this weird.

Well, your heart seems to be in the right place. Stick around. Despite all the amateur comedians (including me) there's a lot of good stuff here.
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 2:55:23 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 2:56:07 AM EDT
[#13]
If you guys would read your package labels a little closely, you might learn some stuff.

At the end of the day, don't forget there is some poor schmuck chucking your horse cock dildos and personal lubricant into a gaylord box or air cargo container, so that it can reach you overnight.

And OP apparently gets to fly the plane, where the passengers don't talk back, or at all. Some guys have all the luck.
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 3:02:20 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
UPS has designations for buildings referred to as a SLIC. SDFAS is the identifier for their Louisville Sort facility and the SLIC is 4009.  The N stands for Night sort which is the sort UPS processes all of its next day air packages to be flown out and delivered the next day.  Its not a building UPS shuts down easily or lightly.
View Quote

I guess SLIC is based on the zip code of the city it's in.  I worked at UPS for 11 years and vaguely recall people referencing SLIC.  Maybe the night sort would know of it because they use those numbers to sort package.  We always called other buildings by the town name they were in or for large cities with multiple buildings they would be named after the street they were on.
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 10:56:57 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

C'mon, man.  The SDF 4009N sort has been cancelled.

This means that the SDF 4009N will be completely unsorted.

SDF 4009N will be just laying about everywhere with no rhyme or reason.

Utterly disorganized SDF 4009N!  

Absolute chaos!
View Quote

The only cure is more cowbell
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 11:03:09 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Please be congress...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Please be congress...

If Congress collective frozen to death stuck to some lobbyist dongs American would be better off. Then if China Joe and Lying Ho had an alley death match with no survivors, sort of like in Anchorman the world would be better off.
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 11:03:20 AM EDT
[#17]
SDF 4009N, SDF 4010N, whatever it takes
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 12:41:26 PM EDT
[#18]
The way "Overnight" air delivery works is that the planes from all over the US fly to one airport, where they are unloaded and the packages all sorted, then the planes are re-loaded with packages for their city and they all fly home and get unloaded and the packages sorted to the trucks for delivery the next morning. All this takes place over night at one airport. UPS uses Louisville, Fedex uses Memphis. The over-night sort for UPS was canceled, so no over-night deliveries happened the next day as all the packages (& planes) were still in Louisville. Will take several days for UPS to catch up and be able to give "Overnight" deliveries again.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top