Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 9:12:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Accountant30339:

Sounds like I should make my foreign born wife swim The River, real quick. It would be faster and cheaper than the "legal" process.

Accountant
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By FlashMan-7k:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13340997/joe-biden-amnesty-immigrants-married-citizens.html

iden considering amnesty for over 1 MILLION illegal immigrants who are married to U.S. citizens giving them 'parole in place' and work permits

Biden weighing executive order granting amnesty and work permits to illegal immigrants who married U.S. citizens but did not qualify for a green card
   Estimated 1.1 million undocumented immigrants fall into this category
   Announcement could come before the 2024 presidential election in November

By Katelyn Caralle, U.S. Political Reporter For Dailymail.Com In Washington, Dc

Published: 12:39 EDT, 23 April 2024 | Updated: 12:39 EDT, 23 April 2024

Sounds like I should make my foreign born wife swim The River, real quick. It would be faster and cheaper than the "legal" process.

Accountant

I am all for giving amnesty to anyone actually trying to navigate the legal process and throwing the rest back over the border.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 3:23:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By shooter_gregg:
I think we are done as a nation. There is no way this isn't election fraud and they are getting away with it. They have been getting away with it and will continue to do so. They are counting on the slowness of the legal process and giving the middle finger to us as a nation.
View Quote

I take your meaning and I think intent but ... bit of a silver lining:

Thankfully, we aren't and never were a nation. We never were supposed to be. At base we are still a union of individual states.   Because we put too much power and function at the center, we're tearing ourselves apart fighting for that power.

There have always been meaningfully different groups in the states and across the state lines. We were wrongfully taught to view ourselves as a single political unit. Those days are passing, and you will be as much an american as you ever were before.

Accountant
View Quote
That's a pretty good way to show that the left doesn't care about migrants. Those who are useful to them (federal trespassers) get advantages from those in power. Those who try to respect the states and come in openly and do it right get left behind intentionally.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 3:24:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By 6SJ7GT:

I am all for giving amnesty to anyone actually trying to navigate the legal process and throwing the rest back over the border.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 6SJ7GT:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13340997/joe-biden-amnesty-immigrants-married-citizens.html

iden considering amnesty for over 1 MILLION illegal immigrants who are married to U.S. citizens giving them 'parole in place' and work permits

Biden weighing executive order granting amnesty and work permits to illegal immigrants who married U.S. citizens but did not qualify for a green card
   Estimated 1.1 million undocumented immigrants fall into this category
   Announcement could come before the 2024 presidential election in November

By Katelyn Caralle, U.S. Political Reporter For Dailymail.Com In Washington, Dc

Published: 12:39 EDT, 23 April 2024 | Updated: 12:39 EDT, 23 April 2024

Accountant

Our legal immigration system needs fixing.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 4:42:57 PM EDT
[#4]

Thankfully, we aren't and never were a nation. We never were supposed to be. At base we are still a union of individual states.   Because we put too much power and function at the center, we're tearing ourselves apart fighting for that power.

There have always been meaningfully different groups in the states and across the state lines. We were wrongfully taught to view ourselves as a single political unit. Those days are passing, and you will be as much an american as you ever were before.

That's a pretty good way to show that the left doesn't care about migrants. Those who are useful to them (federal trespassers) get advantages from those in power. Those who try to respect the states and come in openly and do it right get left behind intentionally.
View All Quotes
I think we are done as a nation. There is no way this isn't election fraud and they are getting away with it. They have been getting away with it and will continue to do so. They are counting on the slowness of the legal process and giving the middle finger to us as a nation.

Accountant
I agree with  you, however, most of the citizens of "these united states" don't understand that and don't want to. They don't want the gravy train to stop. Uncle Sugar will keep claiming unity over all, send thugs to kill or imprison those who disagree, and cow the states that dare stand up to them.
Sadly, I think it will all have to fall apart and everyone will have to go through hard times for most to realize that the empire is over. Yes the US is an empire. It is currently imploding. We are within the event horizon and there is no going back. All we can do is band together locally, form community, and help our neighbors. We can't take on the .gov head on. It is extremely effective at violence. That is the only thing it is good at.
We will rebuild this after all the disasters are done. Prepare accordingly.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 11:11:16 PM EDT
[#5]
I agree with  you, however, most of the citizens of "these united states" don't understand that and don't want to. They don't want the gravy train to stop. Uncle Sugar will keep claiming unity over all, send thugs to kill or imprison those who disagree, and cow the states that dare stand up to them.
Sadly, I think it will all have to fall apart and everyone will have to go through hard times for most to realize that the empire is over. Yes the US is an empire. It is currently imploding. We are within the event horizon and there is no going back. All we can do is band together locally, form community, and help our neighbors. We can't take on the .gov head on. It is extremely effective at violence. That is the only thing it is good at.
View All Quotes

Accountant

Agreed on the empire bit. The 48 contiguous states give the fedgov, esp the modern one, empire levels of power. The postwar situation with the manufacturing base of the world being destroyed amplified that effect very greatly.   Because we ran all that manufuacturing out to near indentured slave labor level of cost to have worker areas, we have started suffering the results of  being a decaying empire.

IMO the best thing that I suspect is in the human realm of possibility is that the fedgov slowly gets more and more corrupt and the states just start ignoring it more and more and not doing what it says until it's a shrivelled little husk, and than someone will accidentally tread on it and squash it like the cockroach it is.

The state governments are bad enough as it is. The fact that the fedgov is that much worse than them is something else entirely.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 5:08:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Yes, ignoring the fed is how true insurrection happens. They become irrelevant to us.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 8:24:47 AM EDT
[#7]
I found this interesting.
Federalism solution.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 8:34:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Now the plan starts coming to pass, legalize millions of illegals in swing states just in time to vote.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 1:47:06 PM EDT
[#9]
I found this interesting.
Federalism solution.
View Quote

Watched it.

Nick was a bit more realistic, both see the problem.

No, you don't abandon principals. You just recognize that youv'e been applying the wrong set.  Instead of "we're playing a shared game" it's now either "you aren't playing by the rules and we're now going to use the rules of the game to coerce you into following them or leaving the game" OR ... "you're not playing by the rules. We're leaving this game. If you try and force us to keep playing with you, we will do whatever you make necessary to to make you leave us alone."

That said, they both danced around or didn't see a very large thing: the states. The states are the natural pushback on the fedgov and bureacracies in particular. They aren't a part of that system and have no core reasons for keeping the beast alive because they can survive without it.

Look at what texas is doing *right now.*

They are starting to show the irrelevance of the fedgov, and in so doing they are protecting all the other states.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 3:15:37 PM EDT
[#10]
https://cis.org/Report/Interior-Immigration-Enforcement-Decline-Under-Biden-State-and-Local-Statistics

And this was done in '22, not even the first full year of biden!
Key Findings:

Under Biden enforcement priorities, there was a 71 percent decline in removals of deportable aliens who came to ICE’s attention due to a local criminal arrest.
   Ten states experienced an extreme decline in enforcement of greater than 80 percent under Biden policies (Connecticut, Georgia, Idaho, Mississippi, Montana, Nevada, North Dakota, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Vermont).
   Of the 50 U.S. counties that typically have the most criminal alien removals, 14 experienced extreme declines (greater than 80 percent) under Biden policies. About one-third of these high-volume counties are in Texas.
   The high-volume counties with the steepest decline in removals of locally arrested criminals were Gwinnett County, Ga.; Plymouth County, Mass.; Bergen County, N.J.; and Kankakee County, Ill. Criminal removals dropped by more than 90 percent in these jurisdictions.
   There were 50 counties, parishes, or territories with a minimal baseline volume of enforcement where the number of criminal removals dropped by 90 percent or more. Eight of these were in Georgia.
   In one representative county, Howard County, Texas, under Biden policies just half the number of criminals convicted of homicides were removed than before, and there also were steep drops in removals of criminals convicted of assault, burglary, drugs, larceny, and sex offenses.

About the Data. The records obtained by the Center itemize all aliens removed by ICE in fiscal years (October 1 – September 30) 2019 through 2021 in which the alien was identified by ICE as a result of a biometric match generated under the Secure Communities program.4 Using fingerprint matching, this program flags cases of aliens who are arrested by local law enforcement agencies for local crimes, and enables ICE to take action once the alien is held to account for the local crimes. These cases are tracked by ICE in a separate, unique data system that includes information on the state and county or territory where the alien was arrested (this locality information is not available in ICE’s main enforcement records system). The data fields also include the alien’s country of citizenship, criminal history, and other information on the alien’s immigration charges and case disposition, including the date of the alien’s removal from the United States.

For this analysis, we selected records of removals for the time period of January to September in 2019 and 2021, to correspond approximately to the first nine months of the Biden administration and a comparable time period during the Trump administration before the pandemic lockdowns of 2020.

Breakdowns and info at the link.

Table 1 is just shocking:

Link Posted: 4/25/2024 10:20:25 PM EDT
[#11]
I wonder if people are realizing what this is and what that represents.

It means that at the same time biden and his junta opened the borders wide and gave the invitations out via the ngos and charities, biden also turned off deportation of illegal criminals ... for all intents and purposes... COMPLETELY.

This is a pattern. It indicates a direction.

We already saw it partially with the video.

We get to see the in country part now.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 10:16:39 PM EDT
[#12]
https://www.fairus.org/news/state-and-local/kansas-city-mayor-invites-illegal-aliens-fill-jobs

Kansas City Mayor Quinton Lucas recently took to social media to announce his intention to bring illegal aliens to Missouri. Since the sanctuary cities of New York City and Denver are now overwhelmed with illegal aliens, Mayor Lucas is now inviting them to come to Kansas City to alleviate “the worker shortage” in his city.

The mayor’s actions have generated serious pushback in Missouri. Missouri Attorney General Andrew Bailey issued a letter lambasting Mayor Lucas. “[A]gainst the backdrop of literally millions of illegal aliens flooding our borders, overwhelming the social safety net of large American cities, in some cases even committing violent crimes against our citizens,” said the Attorney General, “[Mayor Lucas] is actively encouraging them to come to the Show Me State.” Attorney General Bailey called the program funneling aliens into the nation inherently illegal and said that rather than undermining the rule of law, Mayor Lucas should instead “seek to defend it and protect Missourians.”
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 11:40:45 PM EDT
[#13]
https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/chinese-illegal-border-crossings-spike-7000-only-china-knows
Border Patrol captured 342 Chinese crossing the border in 2021. This year, it's 24,296 in just six months
Jeremy Hunt By Jeremy Hunt Fox News
Published May 1, 2024 8:00am EDT

The number of Chinese nationals illegally crossing our southern border is up by 7,000% since 2021, and that’s just for half the year. If we continue that pace, it would be 14,000% by the end of the fiscal year and no one but China seems to know why.

In 2021, U.S. Border Patrol agents apprehended 342 Chinese nationals. In 2022, that number jumped to 1,987. Then, in 2022, the number rose to an astonishing 24,125 — which, of course, doesn’t include the "gotaways" who made it past the Border Patrol.  

Still, nothing compares to what’s ahead. So far, this year’s numbers have already eclipsed 2023 with 24,296 arrests — and we still have six more months to go in the fiscal year. Chinese migrants are among the fastest-growing groups illegally crossing the southern border. Even more concerning, the overwhelming majority of these Chinese migrants are military-age males.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 11:42:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: killstick_engaged] [#14]
WHERE THE BROWN WOMEN AT?
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 11:50:06 PM EDT
[#15]
https://cis.org/Bensman/Secret-Finally-Revealed-Americans-Can-Know-US-Cities-Receiving-Hundreds-Thousands
A Secret Finally Revealed: Americans Can Know the U.S. Cities Receiving Hundreds of Thousands of Immigrants Flying from Abroad
A House committee data release confirms a CIS report, and offers additional information
By Todd Bensman on May 1, 2024

The top 15 cities migrants flew into during the eight-month window were:

Miami, Fla.: 91,821
   Ft. Lauderdale, Fla.: 60,461
   New York City, N.Y.: 14,827
   Houston, Texas: 7,923
   Orlando, Fla.: 6,043
   Los Angeles, Calif.: 3,271
   Tampa, Fla.: 3,237
   Dallas, Texas: 2,256
   San Francisco, Calif.: 2,052
   Atlanta, Ga.: 1,796
   Newark, N.J.: 1,498
   Washington, D.C.: 1,472
   Chicago, Ill.: 496
   Las Vegas, Nev.: 483
   Austin, Texas: 171

The other airports used for the program are located in: Aruba; Baltimore, Md.; Boston; Mass.; Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas, Virgin Islands; Cincinnati, Ohio; Columbus, Ohio; Charlotte, N.C.; Dublin, Ireland; Denver, Colo.; Detroit, Mich.; Fresno, Calif.; Fort Myers, Fla.; Honolulu, Hawaii; Indianapolis, Ind.; Kansas City, Mo.; Montreal, Quebec, Canada; Minneapolis/St. Paul, Minn.; Nassau, Bahamas; New Orleans, La.; Oakdale, La.; Ottawa, Canada; Philadelphia, Pa.; Phoenix, Ariz.; Portland, Ore.; Pittsburgh, Pa.; Providence, R.I.; Raleigh-Durham, N.C.; Sacramento, Calif.; San Juan, P.R.; Savannah, Ga.; San Antonio, Texas; San Diego, Calif.; Seattle, Wash.; Salt Lake City, Utah; San Jose, Calif.; St. Paul, Minn.; St. Louis, Mo.; Toronto, Ontario, Canada; Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.

They're trying REALLY hard to subvert florida.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 7:04:15 PM EDT
[#16]

https://cis.org/Bensman/Secret-Finally-Revealed-Americans-Can-Know-US-Cities-Receiving-Hundreds-Thousands
A Secret Finally Revealed: Americans Can Know the U.S. Cities Receiving Hundreds of Thousands of Immigrants Flying from Abroad
A House committee data release confirms a CIS report, and offers additional information

The other airports used for the program are located in: Aruba; Baltimore, Md.; Boston; Mass.; Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas, Virgin Islands; Cincinnati, Ohio; Columbus, Ohio; Charlotte, N.C.; Dublin, Ireland; Denver, Colo.; Detroit, Mich.; Fresno, Calif.; Fort Myers, Fla.; Honolulu, Hawaii; Indianapolis, Ind.; Kansas City, Mo.; Montreal, Quebec, Canada; Minneapolis/St. Paul, Minn.; Nassau, Bahamas; New Orleans, La.; Oakdale, La.; Ottawa, Canada; Philadelphia, Pa.; Phoenix, Ariz.; Portland, Ore.; Pittsburgh, Pa.; Providence, R.I.; Raleigh-Durham, N.C.; Sacramento, Calif.; San Juan, P.R.; Savannah, Ga.; San Antonio, Texas; San Diego, Calif.; Seattle, Wash.; Salt Lake City, Utah; San Jose, Calif.; St. Paul, Minn.; St. Louis, Mo.; Toronto, Ontario, Canada; Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.

View Quote

based on 2020 results they need about 3.9M more but I agree they're working to flip states.

Red states should shift their electoral votes so that they are determined on a county by county basis to mitigate the undue influence of the metro areas.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 4:03:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By 2tired2run:

based on 2020 results they need about 3.9M more but I agree they're working to flip states.

Red states should shift their electoral votes so that they are determined on a county by county basis to mitigate the undue influence of the metro areas.
View All Quotes

There was also political whining in the state after that hurricane pummelled puerto rico and a whole bunch of people came to FL from there - leftist pundits and the like were hoping that it would flip the state blue.

They never quit trying.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 4:24:48 PM EDT
[#18]
1) Get rid of birthright citizenship.

2) Clarify that all US Labor Laws only apply to US Citizens.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 7:19:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Mr_Nasty99:

View Quote

Not sure that would work out the way you think..... better idea would be non citizens have to be paid 5 times the average national wage in any given profession.  Make it so damn expensive that companies would only bring in the truly gifted we need more Einsteins and Van Braums not entry level coders and lawn guys.    
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 9:39:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Mexico's President Blackmails the United States for $20 Billion

Boldly, straight out, doesn't care if everyone sees it for exactly what it is.

Not one iota of respect or fear,  just your typical immoral socialist theif stealing, except now he's stealing from us taxpayers directly.

Biden just charged the taxpayers 20 billion to try and win his election.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 12:55:07 AM EDT
[#21]
---------------------------------------------------
5-6

https://www.ssa.gov/ssi/spotlights/spot-non-citizens.htm
UNDER WHAT CIRCUMSTANCES MAY A NONCITIZEN BE ELIGIBLE FOR SSI?

A noncitizen (also called an "alien" for immigration purposes) may be eligible for Supplemental Security Income (SSI) if he or she meets the requirements of the laws for noncitizens that went into effect on August 22, 1996.
WHO IS A QUALIFIED ALIEN?
Paroled into the U.S. under Section 212(d)(5) of the INA for a period of at least one year;

--------------------------

And in south carolina ... look what's being given to the federal trespassers:

Illegals who are parolees with an SSI being given registration forms.

What could POSSIBLY go wrong.

Supposedly the local government is looking into it:
https://www.wltx.com/article/news/politics/elections/sled-investigation-alleged-voter-registration-forms-non-citizens-south-carolina/101-e648407c-dfe4-4ea4-af9d-a0b83290fc82

Link Posted: 5/6/2024 7:39:11 AM EDT
[#22]
My wife got that in her SSN package too when her EAB endorsement came through in 2009. The machine packs it in for everyone. Agreed though, is like being an accessory to a federal crime, and I'm pretty sure that when kids are born here the parents check a box and a SSN gets mailed out automatically for them. With a voter registration form for the newborn.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 8:00:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Do you hear the sound of the oncoming storm?
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 10:50:41 PM EDT
[#24]
How to Stop the Border Crisis | 5-Minute Videos

Short, directly to the point, right over target. Worth sharing around.

He estimates 10+ million in 3 years.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 2:46:55 AM EDT
[#25]
https://thenationalpulse.com/2024/05/06/illegals-descend-on-statehouse-demanding-documentation-ahead-of-u-s-elections/

Illegals Descend on Statehouse Demanding Documentation Ahead of U.S. Elections.

Dozens of illegal aliens have gathered near the floor of the Michigan statehouse, chanting, “What do we want? Drivers’ licenses! When do we want them? Now!” Illegals could obtain driver’s licenses under guidance issued by former Democratic Michigan Attorney General Frank Kelley from 1995 to 2008, but a Republican successor reversed this. Democrat lawmakers in the Great Lake State have been promising to give them licenses again for some time, but slow progress is causing impatience.

Video @ twitter link, from may 1.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 2:25:38 PM EDT
[#26]
"Illegals can't vote"

Exposed: Loophole in U.S. Law Allows Illegals to Vote Without Penalty

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/611
(a) It shall be unlawful for any alien to vote in any election held solely or in part for the purpose of electing a candidate for the office of President, Vice President, Presidential elector, Member of the Senate, Member of the House of Representatives, Delegate from the District of Columbia, or Resident Commissioner, unless—
(1) the election is held partly for some other purpose;
(2) aliens are authorized to vote for such other purpose under a State constitution or statute or a local ordinance; and
(3) voting for such other purpose is conducted independently of voting for a candidate for such Federal offices, in such a manner that an alien has the opportunity to vote for such other purpose, but not an opportunity to vote for a candidate for any one or more of such Federal offices.
(b) Any person who violates this section shall be fined under this title, imprisoned not more than one year, or both.
(c) Subsection (a) does not apply to an alien if—
(1) each natural parent of the alien (or, in the case of an adopted alien, each adoptive parent of the alien) is or was a citizen (whether by birth or naturalization);
(2) the alien permanently resided in the United States prior to attaining the age of 16; and
(3) the alien reasonably believed at the time of voting in violation of such subsection that he or she was a citizen of the United States.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 9:24:10 PM EDT
[#27]
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ice-eyes-summer-rollout-for-id-card-program-for-illegal-immigrants

Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) is eyeing a summer rollout for a controversial ID card pilot program for illegal immigrants being released into the U.S. And the agency hopes it will modernize the documentation process for removal proceedings.

The ICE Secure Docket Card program was first reported on in 2022, and Fox Digital obtained images of the card last year. Now, ICE is planning a limited rollout of the program.

ICE confirmed to Fox News Digital this week the pilot program is expected to commence this summer with the distribution of approximately 10,000 cards. While the agency stressed that plans are "pre-decisional" and still subject to change, it is expected the cards will be issued in three or four locations in the U.S.

A source familiar with the program told Fox Houston and Atlanta were two potential locations.

The agency said the program will "modernize documentation provided to some noncitizens" but stressed it would not be an official form of federal ID.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 9:31:13 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By outdoorgb:
Fuck Democrats...
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/14/2024 1:16:48 PM EDT
[#29]

Not sure that would work out the way you think..... better idea would be non citizens have to be paid 5 times the average national wage in any given profession.  Make it so damn expensive that companies would only bring in the truly gifted we need more Einsteins and Van Braums not entry level coders and lawn guys.    
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Mr_Nasty99:

On the contrary, I believe a lot of our problems stem from the fact that we don't have a working lower class. My in-laws live in Mexico, and I love spending time down there. Having cheap labor is awesome, and it makes life much more enjoyable for those with a decent income.

The invaders that are here, won't ever leave. And we will never agree on securing our border.

My solution is to make their working conditions here, the exact same as they are back home. I believe that will significantly decrease the amount of people willing to leave their homes to come to the US.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 10:31:20 PM EDT
[#30]
https://www.fairus.org/news/congress/house-passes-bill-stop-illegal-aliens-distorting-congressional-apportionment
House Passes Bill to Stop Illegal Aliens from Distorting Congressional Apportionment
May 13, 2024

Last Wednesday, the House of Representatives passed a bill that would reinstate a citizenship question on the decennial census and only allow United States citizens to count towards determining the number of congressional seats – which also allocates Electoral College votes for presidential elections. The bill, H.R. 7109, the Equal Representation Act, passed by a margin of 206-202, with all Republicans supporting and all Democrats opposing.

https://www.fairus.org/news/misc/panamas-new-president-vows-stop-migrants-headed-us

Panama’s New President Vows to Stop Migrants Headed to the U.S.
May 13, 2024

On May 5th, the people of Panama went to the polls and swept José Raúl Mulino into the position of president-elect.
During the presidential campaign, Mr. Mulino, a former security minister, pledged to “close” the Darien Gap and deport South American migrants. Stating that the border of the United States has moved from Texas to Panama, he has been vocal about working with other countries to restore order. “In order to do away with the odyssey that is the Darien Gap … with international aid we will begin a process of repatriation, in full compliance with the human rights of all the people there.”

It remains to be seen whether this tough talk by Panama’s president-elect will translate into action.

https://thepostmillennial.com/criminal-charges-in-texas-border-county-jump-by-5000-since-amid-biden-took-office
Criminal charges in Texas border county jump by 5,000% since amid Biden took office

The number of charges jumped from 134 in 2020 to 6,800 in 2022.

While the crisis at the southern border has impacted the entire nation, the areas nearest to Mexico have been hit hardest. Among them is Kinney County, Texas, which has seen criminal prosecutions jump by 5,000 percent in the years since Joe Biden took office.

The unprecedented spike has diverted resources from the community's essential services, and made life harder for residents.

During a hearing on the border crisis hosted by the House Budget Committee, Kinney County Attorney Brent Smith noted that in 2020, only 134 criminal charges were recorded in his jurisdiction.

"This drastically changed in 2021," he explained, "after President Biden issued multiple executive orders revoking numerous border security policies that the DHS was operating under to successfully secure our border."

He detailed how soon after, cartels "seized control of our border and imposed their own policies that would allow their criminal enterprises to thrive."

In 2021, the county recorded 2,708 criminal charges, and the following year, that number ballooned to 6,800. While the figure did decrease slightly to 5,826 in 2023, Smith noted that it was still far too many for authorities to deal with.

He said that while the county typically runs on a $6 million budget, Biden's open border policies have cost Texas taxpayers an additional $10.5 million, on top of the unmeasurable cost of losing the feeling of safety and security.

https://cis.org/Report/ForeignBorn-Population-Grew-51-Million-Last-Two-Years
Foreign-Born Population Grew by 5.1 Million in the Last Two Years
The largest two-year increase ever recorded

By Steven A. Camarota and Karen Zeigler on May 13, 2024

The foreign-born or immigrant population (legal and illegal) hit new record highs in March 2024 of 51.6 million and 15.6 percent of the total U.S. population. Since March 2022 the foreign-born population has increased 5.1 million, the largest two-year increase in American history. The foreign-born population has never grown this much this fast. Although many think of immigrants only as workers, less than half of those who arrived since 2022 are employed. This analysis is based on the government’s monthly Current Population Survey (CPS), which like any survey has a margin of error, so there are fluctuations in the data. But the increase in the last two years is unlike anything seen before and is statistically significant.

Among the findings:

In March 2024 the foreign-born population reached 51.6 million, 5.1 million more than in March 2022 — the largest two-year increase ever recorded in American History.
   The 51.6 million foreign-born residents in March of this year were 15.6 percent of the total U.S. population, also record highs in American history.
   Since President Biden took office in January 2021 the foreign-born population has increased by 6.6 million in just 39 months.
   We have previously estimated that nearly 58 percent of the increase under President Biden is due to illegal immigration.
   If present trends continue, the foreign-born population will reach 62.5 million in 2030 and 82.2 million by 2040 — larger than the current combined populations of 30 states plus the District of Columbia.
   Many observers think of immigrants solely as workers, but only 46 percent of the foreign-born who arrived in 2022 or later were employed in the first part of 2024 — similar to the share of new arrivals employed during previous economic expansions.
   As in any human population, many newly arrived immigrants are children, elderly, disabled, caregivers, or others with no ability to work or interest in doing so.
   Only about 8 percent of the 2.5 million new arrivals who are not working say they are actively looking for work.
   The dramatic recent increases in the size of the foreign-born population represent net growth. The number of new arrivals was much higher but was offset by outmigration and natural mortality among the foreign-born already here.
   There also is some undercount in this data, so the actual number of foreign residents in the United States is larger.

https://cis.org/Bensman/Did-Jordanian-BorderCrosser-Just-Attempt-Terror-Attack-Marine-Corps-Base-Near-DC
Home Todd Bensman Did a Jordanian Border-Crosser Just Attempt a Terror Attack on a Marine Corps Base Near D.C.?

Did a Jordanian Border-Crosser Just Attempt a Terror Attack on a Marine Corps Base Near D.C.?
Cone of silence falls over local media report of a breaching attempt at Quantico
By Todd Bensman on May 14, 2024
Quantico

The Potomac Local News, founded in 2010 “to help people understand what is happening in their local communities in Northern Virginia”, practices what it calls local “conservative journalistic standards” and almost prides itself on a fact of life about today’s politically bifurcated media landscape. As the online outlet explains on its “About” page”

Often overlooked by the Washington, D.C. legacy media, we’ve remained true to our community by providing local, can’t-get-it anywhere-else coverage of local government, business, and charitable organizations.

But on May 3, the little online newspaper’s Kelly Sienkowski broke a major national story with serious policy and electoral implications, but which has been overlooked by the legacy media. At issue in Sienkowski’s story is whether the United States just experienced its first attempted terror attack by a border-crossing illegal alien from the Middle East.

In the early morning of May 3, two men in a box truck pulled up to the front gate of Quantico Marine Corps Base 35 miles southwest of Washington and tried to lie their way in claiming they were Amazon delivery men. After skeptical military police channeled them to an area for secondary security inspection, the driver hit the gas in defiance of orders to halt and tried to barrel the truck into the base’s town center. Quick-thinking MPs put up road barriers that stopped the truck.

The Marines ended up citing the two for trespassing on federal property.

Sienkowski’s Potomac Local News story, quoting a prepared email statement from base spokesman Capt. Michael Curtis (shared with me) confirmed the incident’s basic contours but no more. It would have remained merely a curious local incident had she not kept pressing.

Sienkowski cited “multiple anonymous sources” to report more details that ramp up this incident to a national story with potential implications for President Joe Biden’s highly controversial U.S. border policies and even the outcome of this November’s presidential election – an election which is frequently said to hinge on widespread voter concerns about a prolonged mass migration crisis that has allowed into the country hundreds on the FBI’s terrorism watch list, among millions of other foreign nationals from all over the world.

Sienkowski’s sources told her that one of the two individuals in the truck was a Jordanian foreign national who “recently crossed the southern border into the U.S.” and also that one of them is on the U.S. terrorist watch list. Her sources didn’t say which was on the watch list. But clearly both were foreign nationals in the country on questionable legal status grounds because, after citing the two men for trespassing, the Marine Corps turned them over to U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), the sources told Sienkowski.

Questions Gone Unanswered. The big question in the room that has gone unanswered for more than a week after Sienkowski reported the story is, of course, this one: Did illegal border-crossers from the Middle East just try to attack a U.S. military base?

Many more questions deserve answers too.

Have U.S. investigators ruled out a terrorism motive? Do U.S. counterterrorism agencies even want to know, and is anyone even investigating that question?

Were there any weapons in the truck or on the illegal immigrants it carried? Was the truck itself the weapon? That wouldn’t be unusual. And where’d they get it?

Did the men say anything illuminating during their time in custody about why and how they obviously planned acquisition of a box truck and plotted out a strategy to lie their way into a military base in it?

When and how exactly did the men enter the United States? Was the Jordanian a Palestinian Arab from Gaza and angry about U.S. support for Israel’s retaliatory war? Many Palestinians hold Jordanian passports.

Did an overwhelmed Border Patrol accidentally release the one who was on the FBI’s terrorist watch list as part of what I have reported as a new national security threat phenomenon of accidental releases?

Border Patrol has encountered at least 340 immigrants on the terrorism watch list since the mass migration began three years ago. In at least eight instances, the overwhelmed Border Patrol has accidentally released watch-listed illegal border-crossers and DHS had to frantically hunt them down afterwards.

What has ICE done with this pair since the MPs turned them over?

I emailed Sienkowski to query her about what she’s learned in the week since her story published. Not much. No one will tell her anything more, and none of the larger media outlets has joined her lonely quest.

A local mom living in northern Virginia who has no formal journalism training, Sienkowski took a few minutes to chat with me on Mother’s Day. She said she pursued the story after seeing a comment on social media, published what she could find out, and has fought a very lonely battle for more answers.

“What really blows my mind is that no other media has followed up on the story after a whole week has passed,” Sienkowski told me. “We need more transparency in how our border problems are impacting national security through localized incidents like this one.”

Sienkowski isn’t really surprised. She knows she is a journalistic small fry seeking sensitive answers from a monolithic federal bureaucracy that would only see benefit in saying nothing until her blip of an obscure local story blows over.

There is, after all, electoral peril in any admission that President Biden’s controversial border policies just produced an attempted illegal-immigrant terror attack on a military base just outside Washington, D.C.

No one will tell Sienkowski anything, certainly not the Marine Corps nor ICE.

“We have reached out to almost every elected official, and many running for office,” Sienkowski said. She named names: Congresswoman Abigail Spanberger (D-Va., 7th District), Virginia Republican candidate for congress Derrick Anderson, Republican candidate for congress Cameron Hamilton, Coles District Supervisor Yesli Vega, “and many more local candidates and supervisors.”

“I’ll keep you posted on any updates and responses,” Sienkowski assured me.

In a region saturated by major media outlets anchored by the likes of The Washington Post, only a stay-at-home mom who freelances part-time as a local reporter seems remotely curious that a couple of illegal border-crossers, one of them from Jordan, just tried to lie their way onto a U.S. Marine Corps facility and, when caught, tried to forcibly breach it for some purpose that cannot possibly have been benign.

Taking all this into account, I can promise one thing: Sienkowski is no longer alone in her quest for answers.

(An abridged version of this article was published by New York Post on May 13.)
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 10:56:50 PM EDT
[#31]
Bump while ya'll are watching.

View Quote

Short of showing up on the border and shooting the bastards, do you have a suggestion for fixing this?
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 3:41:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FlashMan-7k] [#32]
Originally Posted By ClusterNukes:
Short of showing up on the border and shooting the bastards, do you have a suggestion for fixing this?
View All Quotes
If I knew, I'd have already said.

I kinda view it like bums showing up to camp on your property and use your stuff.

Remove what motivates them to be there.

These people come here to work.

Individually I guess what we can do is shun anything they are used to produce.

Wherever there is political will at any sort of scale, start closing the businesses that use them.

IIRC tyson foods is and has long been notorious for hiring these federal trespassers.

Roofing or construction company shows up and nobody speaks english?

Kick 'em out.

If I had a magic wand idea, I'd say it, but I don't.

ETA: If desantis had a set, he'd start yanking business licenses and such from companies that use them. Also ... say, you want that construction contract with the state? Good. Prove all your workers are citizens.

IIRC one of the cities out west did something like this and they had a mass exodus.

But if they do it, they have to be willing to get the government off people's backs regarding how much they drive the cost of hiring workers up. The illegals are hiding the true cost of our government over-reach.

The first state to do this and implement the fair tax wins.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 9:36:07 AM EDT
[#33]

View All Quotes

I think that is what it will come down to. There is no deterrent to crossing the border, no penalty. Until there is, nothing will change.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 10:24:46 AM EDT
[#34]

I kinda view it like bums showing up to camp on your property and use your stuff.

Wherever there is political will at any sort of scale, start closing the businesses that use them.

IIRC tyson foods is and has long been notorious for hiring these federal trespassers.

Kick 'em out.

ETA: If desantis had a set, he'd start yanking business licenses and such from companies that use them. Also ... say, you want that construction contract with the state? Good. Prove all your workers are citizens.

IIRC one of the cities out west did something like this and they had a mass exodus.

But if they do it, they have to be willing to get the government off people's backs regarding how much they drive the cost of hiring workers up. The illegals are hiding the true cost of our government over-reach.

View All Quotes

Kick 'em out.

Remove all government assistance and start going after any charity that donates to illegal activity.

They're not living on the streets, here. Their lives are being funded.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 10:31:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: miseses] [#35]
If you can trek through the Darien Gap you are fitter than 90% of Americans.  Time to pick sugar beets or finish concrete, clearly you are not in need of assistance.

Honestly, not the worst filtering device.  Crossing the gap should come with a free agricultural work visa.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 11:17:05 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By miseses:
If you can trek through the Darien Gap you are fitter than 90% of Americans.  Time to pick sugar beets or finish concrete, clearly you are not in need of assistance.

Honestly, not the worst filtering device.  Crossing the gap should come with a free agricultural work visa.
View Quote

My wife and I were on a flight to D.C last year, and the whole back half of the plane was full of these illegals. We were talking to the guys sitting around us, and their journey's here were brutal.

The guy sitting next to me was showing me videos and pictures on his phone of him crossing the deserts, mountains, rivers, etc.

As much as I hate them coming here, it truly was an amazing story of how he actually made it to the US.
Link Posted: 5/20/2024 8:47:52 PM EDT
[#37]
https://cis.org/Arthur/CBP-Releases-Border-Numbers-April
Total CBP Encounters. Just to close the loop, CBP tallied more than 187,000 total encounters nationwide in April, a 4.3 percent increase over March. That includes a massive spike in apprehensions at the Northern (Canadian) border, where agents nabbed 1,940 illegal entrants, a 31 percent increase over March and nearly twice as many aliens as in April 2023 (977).
That brings me to yet another Biden administration initiative, known as “CHNV parole”. It allows up to 30,000 nationals of Cuba, Haiti, Nicaragua, and Venezuela monthly to apply from abroad for two-year periods of “parole” — which allows them to live and work here even though the administration was recently forced to admit to Congress that they are all “by definition, inadmissible”.

Once they’re approved, the vast majority of CHNV parolees skip the border and fly directly into domestic airports. Because they “are, by definition, inadmissible”, however, they count as CBP encounters.
From “Absolutely Catastrophic” to Just “Catastrophic”. Despite these points, the administration is crowing over the CBP numbers. A more realistic view was offered by House Homeland Security Committee Chairman Mark Green (R-Tenn.): The border has gone from “absolutely catastrophic” to just “catastrophic”. And it’s still a disaster.

https://cis.org/Arthur/Effect-Border-Crisis-US-Elections
The Massive Increase in the Foreign Born Under Biden. My colleagues Steve Camarota and Karen Ziegler recently released an analysis that revealed that the foreign-born population in the United States has hit new highs — both in raw numbers and in percentage. As of March 2024, 51.6 million foreign-born individuals were living in this country, comprising 15.6 percent of the U.S. population.

By comparison, during the “Great Wave” of migration in the 1890s, 9.2 million foreign-born individuals lived here, and they comprised 14.8 percent of the population. When it comes to accommodating and assimilating “newcomers”, the United States is in uncharted waters.

More saliently, as Camarota and Zeigler point out, the foreign-born population has increased by 6.6 million since President Biden took office, 58 percent of whom are here “due to illegal immigration”.

Note that Camarota and Ziegler admit this is an undercount, and that “the actual number of foreign residents in the United States is larger” than they are able to assess and measure. Regardless, it’s still a massive increase in the number of aliens who are residing here — both legally and illicitly.

https://cis.org/Arthur/Texas-Takes-El-Paso-NGO
Texas Takes on El Paso NGO
As judge alleges that the state has ‘ulterior political motives’
By Andrew R. Arthur on May 13, 2024

In a court filing last week, Texas Attorney General (AG) Ken Paxton asked a state judge to revoke the registration of Annunciation House, an El Paso nongovernmental organization (NGO) affiliated with the Roman Catholic Church, which provides services to migrants. At issue is what sorts of services the group is actually providing.

https://www.fairus.org/news/state-and-local/illegal-aliens-flock-san-diego-making-it-top-entry-point-illegal-aliens
FAIR Take | May 2024

In April, San Diego became the top point of entry for illegal aliens crossing into the United States. According to U.S. Customs and Border Protection, there were 37,370 illegal aliens encountered last month in the San Diego sector, marking the first time since the 1990s that the California border city has surpassed all other eight Southwest sectors in terms of apprehensions.

Data shows that the high number of encounters are foreign nationals from countries that previously hadn’t accounted for much illegal immigration. In the past, the majority of illegal aliens apprehended were from Mexico, Guatemala, Honduras, and El Salvador.  However, so far in Fiscal Year 2024 (in just seven months), those countries only accounted for 20 percent of the apprehensions in the San Diego sector. In their place, the vast majority of illegal aliens during that period were from China, Columbia, Ecuador, Brazil, Turkey, and India. China has had the most dramatic increase.
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 1:44:01 AM EDT
[#38]
https://www.informationliberation.com/?id=64461
Illegal Immigrant From Turkey Tells American Journo He's Shocked at How Easy It Was to Cross The Border
Chris Menahan

An illegal immigrant from Turkey gave an interview to Fox News after crossing the border in Southern California to express his shock at how easy it was to illegally invade America.

The Turkish man, who crossed the border at Jacumba illegally together with a group of fellow Turks, said he paid around $10,000 to a cartel to smuggle his group over the border.

"In fact, the American people is right, completely true," he told reporter Bill Melugin in a video shared on Thursday. "Who comes into this country? They don't know!"

"Okay, I'm good, but how if they're not good? How if they're killers, psychopath, else?" he continued. "No guarantee of that. Why like, no security, no security check, no background check?"

"You're worried about who's crossing the border?” Melugin asked.

"Yes, yes, yes. Of course, because people are not look normal," he responded.

Melugin said on X they told him they applied for visas but were rejected "multiple times" so they just decided to pay a smuggler to help them cross the border illegally.

Yes, that's right, a turk thinks it's insane. For context, turkey has and maybe still is extorting the entire EU in a protection racket over mass immigration.

https://sonsoflibertymedia.com/open-borders-leads-to-burglary-tourism/

While previously only American criminals could benefit from the looting, with open borders, any criminal can. And so some criminals have taken to crossing the border or getting tourist visas, not to stay here, but to rob the place and then return to Latin America.

This is the sad state of America 2024. We’re just a place to visit for some professional looting.

Police in Glendale arrested four Colombian nationals this week in connection with what they said was a “burglary tourism” ring, including one person who was arrested just weeks ago after a high-speed police chase.

Bryan Martinez Vargas, 28, Jose Antonio Velasquez, 28, Edison Arley Pinzon Fandino, 27, and Luis Carlos Moreno, 29, were arrested Monday night for conspiracy to commit burglary.
   Glendale Police Chief Manny Cid called Vargas’ second recent arrest this week “frustrating,” and that it “underscores the ongoing challenges our officers confront in safeguarding our community.”
Link Posted: 5/28/2024 12:01:43 AM EDT
[#39]
https://legalinsurrection.com/2024/05/border-patrol-has-encountered-over-30000-chinese-nationals-since-october/
Border Patrol has Encountered Over 30,000 Chinese Nationals Since October

“The number of Chinese nationals encountered at the border since Oct. 1 is a 8,600% increase over all fiscal year 2021, when only 342 Chinese nationals were nabbed across the entire southern border.”

Posted by Mary Chastain Monday, May 27, 2024 at 08:00pm

From Fox News:

The number of Chinese nationals encountered at the border since Oct. 1 is a 8,600% increase over all fiscal year 2021, when only 342 Chinese nationals were nabbed across the entire southern border.

Since Oct. 1, CBP in the San Diego sector alone has encountered 8,900 illegal immigrants from India, 7,800 from Turkey, 2,900 from Uzbekistan, 4,400 from Mauritania, 3,000 from Vietnam, and 5,600 from Guinea.
Link Posted: 5/28/2024 6:26:53 AM EDT
[#40]
Not to worry. They're only here to help out family members who have a Chinese boofay and can't get mericans to work.
Link Posted: 5/28/2024 7:19:24 AM EDT
[#41]
As long as ya'll keep relying on the ballot box, this country is toast.
Link Posted: 5/28/2024 8:13:07 AM EDT
[#42]
The cities are toast regardless. Sanctuary cities, giving out other people's money to those who aren't entitled to it, redistributing wealth for power, etc. Time to crack open the ammo forts.
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 1:16:47 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By RTX:
Not to worry. They're only here to help out family members who have a Chinese boofay and can't get mericans to work.
View Quote

I suspect no small few are being trafficked here to work as indentured slaves on the pot farms or as prostitutes trying to earn their freedom.

Theiving gangsters like those who so poorly run the chinese mainland never pass a chance to exploit vice for profit.
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 1:18:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FlashMan-7k] [#44]
Originally Posted By Ascendent:

Yes, yes, believe this.

Don't vote!

Feel the black pill flow through you, give up, stop struggling ...

That way the globalists and uniparty can win easily, without having to fight for it.

Whatever you do, don't vote AND do other things.

Nooo, that would be bad.

It would make the wrongdoers have to fight harder.

Join the blackpill, and take your rightful place...  

Link Posted: 5/29/2024 1:21:38 AM EDT
[#45]
https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/chinese-illegal-border-crossings-spike-7000-only-china-knows
Border Patrol captured 342 Chinese crossing the border in 2021. This year, it's 24,296 in just six months

The number of Chinese nationals illegally crossing our southern border is up by 7,000% since 2021, and that's just for half the year. If we continue that pace, it would be 14,000% by the end of the fiscal year and no one but China seems to know why.

In 2021, U.S. Border Patrol agents apprehended 342 Chinese nationals. In 2022, that number jumped to 1,987. Then, in 2022, the number rose to an astonishing 24,125   which, of course, doesn't include the "gotaways" who made it past the Border Patrol.  

Still, nothing compares to what's ahead. So far, this year's numbers have already eclipsed 2023 with 24,296 arrests   and we still have six more months to go in the fiscal year. Chinese migrants are among the fastest-growing groups illegally crossing the southern border. Even more concerning, the overwhelming majority of these Chinese migrants are military-age males.
View Quote
I talked to an ICE agent working the border about this. He said they are young and smart.

We're being invaded by the PRC.
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 1:27:41 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By SuperSixOne:
I talked to an ICE agent working the border about this. He said they are young and smart.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SuperSixOne:

The number of Chinese nationals illegally crossing our southern border is up by 7,000% since 2021, and that's just for half the year. If we continue that pace, it would be 14,000% by the end of the fiscal year and no one but China seems to know why.

In 2021, U.S. Border Patrol agents apprehended 342 Chinese nationals. In 2022, that number jumped to 1,987. Then, in 2022, the number rose to an astonishing 24,125   which, of course, doesn't include the "gotaways" who made it past the Border Patrol.  

Still, nothing compares to what's ahead. So far, this year's numbers have already eclipsed 2023 with 24,296 arrests   and we still have six more months to go in the fiscal year. Chinese migrants are among the fastest-growing groups illegally crossing the southern border. Even more concerning, the overwhelming majority of these Chinese migrants are military-age males.

They are also funded and directed and have their own stopoffs and waystations and keep to themselves, if reports from those who have walked the route are true.
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 8:33:13 AM EDT
[#47]

Yes, yes, believe this.

Don't vote!

That way the globalists and uniparty can win easily, without having to fight for it.

Nooo, that would be bad.

View Quote

He didn't say don't vote.
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 10:44:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FlashMan-7k] [#48]
Originally Posted By tree-hugger:

View All Quotes

Yes, yes, believe this.

Don't vote!

Nooo, that would be bad.

You're right, he didn't.

He would have to have said stuff like this before and more than a few times ...

and he has.

Whether he intends it or no, the stuff he posts goes that way and doesn't go any other way.

I have not seen him do otherwise.

He needs to stop it, it's destructive to him and to everyone else and it doesn't do anyone any good.
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 12:54:50 PM EDT
[#49]

You're right, he didn't.

and he has.

Whether he intends it or no, the stuff he posts goes that way and doesn't go any other way.

He needs to stop it, it's destructive to him and to everyone else and it doesn't do anyone any good.
View All Quotes

Yes, yes, believe this.

Don't vote!

Nooo, that would be bad.

You're right, he didn't.

and he has.

Well that changes things doesn't it.

When I notice this type of behavior, I wonder what their motive is.

First questions are if they get their paycheck from the government or if they work for a company who gets the lion's share of their revenue from the government.
Link Posted: 6/3/2024 9:20:22 PM EDT
[#50]
https://nypost.com/2024/06/02/opinion/biden-breaks-law-to-give-millions-of-migrants-work-permits/
Biden breaks law to give millions of migrants work permits
By Social Links for Don Barnett
Published June 2, 2024, 12:50 p.m. ET

The Biden administration is doing an end-run around the nation’s immigration laws — by giving migrants work permits in record numbers.

Since President Biden took office, more than 3.3 million migrants have been given a Employment Authorization Document (EAD), commonly known as the federal work permit, even though many didn’t even legally have the right to be America.

In many cases, migrants are given the right to work before they are even given asylum, a green card or other legal documentation that allows them to stay.
To illustrate the impact of this policy, consider that between 2013 and 2020, the immigration authorities granted parole to a mere 479 individuals crossing the border illegally, reflecting the case-by-case, emergency nature of the administrative tool.

In contrast, under the Biden administration immigration authorities paroled in nearly 700,000 illegal border-crossers in 2022-23.

Most have immediate eligibility for a work permit and a Social Security card.

In some cases, those receiving parole apply for asylum later, after already getting a work permit — nullifying the 180-day wait rule.

In 2022, 1.279 million work permits were handed out. By 2023 that number had risen to 2.139 million and 2024 is on track to break 3.3 million.

Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top