Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 8:05:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ar-15envy] [#1]
Older guy where I used to work started to drive out of our yard onto the roads with the dump bed fully raised.  I called him on the 2-way radio and told him his bed was up and he stopped and lowered it before disaster occurred.

The other guys at my job who hated him heard the radio and were pissed I said anything!
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 8:14:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By explodingvarmints:
I had a dump truck driver load up an excavator on the trailer (like he'd been taught) but he kept the boom too high and didn't check his height.  Smacked an overpass on I-94 in Detroit.  I can't remember how much insurance had to pay for that. . . I may have blocked it out.  Sorry if he royally screwed up anyones commute home that afternoon.  Fired him.  With automatic transmissions getting much more popular in dump trucks and semi's you're going to see this happen much more often.  The skill level of truck drivers has been dropped significantly since they only have to be able to drive, not actually operate a truck.  There's a difference.
View Quote

That’s one way for us Michiganders to get overpasses replaced. I-96 west to 23 has had a couple of strikes and 23 south between 96 and Ann Arbor has had at least two or three that required major reconstruction or replacement.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 8:57:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Damn!
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 9:32:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Things like this baffle me.  How does this driver not notice the chang in the handling with the higher center of gravity?  Do they not look in their mirrors at all?  How about the extra wind resistance?  So many east clues to prevent Newton's first law experiment.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 9:43:25 PM EDT
[#5]
I know of a small contractor that hit the same bridge twice. They are no longer in business.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 9:44:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By cavedog:

It would appear impacts are on the rise.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top