Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 7:22:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You can be the baddest motherfucker walking the face of the planet, but once you enter the ocean you cede your title to a fish.
View Quote

Still plenty of big things on land and in the water the deadliest is a mammal, Orca.
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 7:26:01 AM EDT
[#2]
I remember the story from Hawaii (iirc) where the two kids decided to swim out to a boat from the beach and ended up in a school of baitfish being chased by sharks. Everyone watched the two kids get tossed like rag dolls and eviscerated, unable to do anything.
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 7:28:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Camera man is a pussy for not going in to save him
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 7:30:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
So who is the asshat that is fishing in the video?  A guy is being mauled to death by a shark, one guy is filming it shocked by what he see's and the other guy doesn't even pull his line in and stop fishing...
View Quote

That's true. Screaming in hysterical yet impotent terror is the only acceptable response to something like this.
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 7:52:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 8:19:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Welcome to the food chain.  I've seen my biggest sharks diving at night on the Great Barrier Reef.

RIP Simon.

CD
View Quote

@Combat_Diver

You've lived a hell of a life. You should write a book about it.
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 8:24:56 AM EDT
[#7]
There was a thread on here a while back that had a hot blonde swimming with a great white.  I called her an idiot and was met with numerous replies of "She's smarter than you...".

"Sharks are more scared of you than you are of them" -shark experts
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 8:39:37 AM EDT
[#8]
GREAT WHITE SHARK BITES OFF SWIMMER'S LEG!

Link Posted: 6/22/2022 8:49:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

@Combat_Diver

You've lived a hell of a life. You should write a book about it.
View Quote

Thanks,  Its been suggested several times.  Been considering a weapons book covering Iraq/Afghanistan.

CD
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 8:57:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Has a cuda give me the eye once in the Florida Keys. Fuck all that.
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 9:01:52 AM EDT
[#11]
"Sharks gotta eat too." -Josey Wales
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 9:41:36 AM EDT
[#12]
In the early 70s my family used to go to a house in past Christian Mississippi. We would always go to the beach and I will walk out in a water till my feet couldn’t touch the bottom and I used to swim out a little further. Till one day I saw something huge in the water like 2xs my size. I made it back to the shore and that was the last time I ever did something like that. I couldn’t of been more than eight years old at the time.
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 9:52:16 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Still plenty of big things on land and in the water the deadliest is a mammal, Orca.
View Quote
We're lucky they generally leave people alone.  You wouldn't even be safe on the beach.
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 10:07:26 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

this.
its a seal or something
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/22/2022 10:12:06 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Too bad it wasn’t the cameraman
View Quote

exactly
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 10:17:39 AM EDT
[#16]
Why is it that people with cell phones rarely keep the image centered on the subject?

May the swimmer RIP.  
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 10:18:10 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 10:25:28 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Too bad it wasn’t the cameraman
View Quote

No kidding. He should be eaten by a shark for taking a vertical video and his terrible video taking skills
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 10:30:00 AM EDT
[#19]
You go in the cage, cage goes in the water, you go in the water. Shark's in the water, our shark.
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 10:53:54 AM EDT
[#20]
If you go in the ocean you become part of the food chain !
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 11:00:42 AM EDT
[#21]
Dude must have pissed off a lot of gods to hit that lottery considering being “eaten by a shark” is used as a lightning strike type of statistical measure. What about “eaten by a shark on film”?
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 11:17:39 AM EDT
[#22]
Most people don't realize how many sharks there are along the coast.

4 Fishermen Spot Great White Shark Off the Coast of Sea Isle City, NJ

Shark and Bunker Frenzy off Fire Island

Link Posted: 6/22/2022 11:24:46 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Ya, not buying it.

First- Birds circling. Were they feeding on the swimmer? They are diving down, so was the swimmer herding baitfish?
Second- Camerawork sucks and I can't see anything to say it was even a person
Third- Comments question the channel since he has about getting clicks and the title sure does that.
View Quote

Have you never watched Shark Week. Birds are on any kill for scraps.
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 12:06:40 PM EDT
[#24]
Was doing underwater demolition up in the Baltic Sea on Germany/Denmark border back in 90'.  Lots of seagulls picking up dead fish.  Only thing that survived the underwater blasts were jellyfish for some reason.

CD
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 1:34:17 PM EDT
[#25]

The deadly shark of them all; The Salsa Shark.
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 1:43:08 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
So who is the asshat that is fishing in the video?  A guy is being mauled to death by a shark, one guy is filming it shocked by what he see's and the other guy doesn't even pull his line in and stop fishing...
View Quote
Be a shame to let all that chum go to waste.

Link Posted: 6/22/2022 3:08:12 PM EDT
[#27]
I remember camping on Frasier Island when I was in Oz, standing on a cliff and drinking off of a bottle of Bundaberg rum as the sun set. . . I'd look down and no exaggeration see dozens of huge sharks just swimming around.

I also remember staying at a hostel (can't recall where) and they had this older newspaper clipping in black and white framed above the check in area. In the clipping it had a photograph of a surfer riding a wave and inside the same wave was a silhouette of a large shark. Completely captured at random in the photograph
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 3:16:46 PM EDT
[#28]
you go in the water. Shark's in the water. Our shark." "Farewell and adieu to you, fair Spanish ladies..."
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 3:42:35 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Most people don't realize how many sharks there are along the coast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-XPCl5I310

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpGybdfsmjs

View Quote

Stayed in a beachfront condo for a weekend in Bama.  Orange Beach?  Can't remember.  We were drinking on the porch on like the 30th floor just chilling out.  Saw a school of 20 or so sharks swimming AMONGST people in the water.  I'm sure the people were oblivious and that terrified me.  Now I'll only get in the ocean deep enough to take a piss if there aren't any public restrooms nearby.  Fuck all that!
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 4:16:03 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I see a rocky coast, very rough water, and a fisherman dressed up like it's 40 degrees. Why the hell would a swimmer be out there?
View Quote

Canadians. They're weird.
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 4:17:59 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
There was a thread on here a while back that had a hot blonde swimming with a great white.  I called her an idiot and was met with numerous replies of "She's smarter than you...".

View Quote

If you find the link, re-post?  I may have actually met her on an airplane 5 years back.
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 4:29:30 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote
What exactly should he have done? The guy is 500 feet away, being eaten by a shark.
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 4:32:54 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote
Why would he?   There is chum in the water.  

Too soon?  
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 11:38:25 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
What exactly should he have done? The guy is 500 feet away, being eaten by a shark.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't think it's reasonable to expect anyone to help, but it's weird to me to be nonchalant about someone dying in a real life nightmare. Maybe set the pole down or something. Or keep fishing I guess. I dunno.

I look at it kinda like the old custom of taking off your hat when a funeral procession goes by. When someone keeps on doing their thing it comes off as disrespectful.

Edit: on a rewatch, the fisherman had his full attention on the attack and the pole at a down angle. Definitely not actively fishing.
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 12:47:19 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 1:02:33 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 1:05:54 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I see a rocky coast, very rough water, and a fisherman dressed up like it's 40 degrees. Why the hell would a swimmer be out there?
View Quote

https://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Shark-kills-woman-in-Central-Coast-attack-2560673.php
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 1:09:28 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
This is one of many reasons why I don't go in the ocean. I don't give a fuck what anyone says or thinks of me, I don't go in the ocean. Humans are the apex predator on land, not so in the water.
View Quote

Ocean?
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 1:11:22 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
That's a shitty way to go

I lived in Australia and had a couple close calls myself. It's not a meme or a joke in that everything there wants to kill you.
View Quote

How about 2 sharks attacking you at the same time? https://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-02-09/man-killed-in-shark-attack-in-northern-nsw/6079344
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 1:14:43 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

I need a pet Orca or to sponsor an Orca pod that follows me wherever I go surfing
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 1:15:18 AM EDT
[#41]
Australian Navy diver attack recorded
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 1:15:53 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

It’s only a matter of time and she will get chomped just like the bear guy.
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 1:17:35 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

To make a shark attack video?  Apparently it was successful.
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 1:33:26 AM EDT
[#44]
Twenty years ago I met this babe at Pismo beach.

We swim out maybe 200 yards from shore and are just making out, chatting, and  riding the waves up and down  when smithing big bumps into me.

It was big enough that it pushed both of us a few feet in the water.

I stick my head in the water and there is a 16 foot great white swimming beneath us.

I pop back up and tell the babe not to look down.

She immediately does so and starts to freak the F out.

I tell her to climb on my back and put her legs around me, going to swim back to shore.

As I am swimming back to shore I stick my head in the water a few times and again see this massive fucking shark swimming beneath me. The light glittering off its back. It’s crazy how vivid it is.

I really thought I was a goner. The last 50 or so feet, it disappeared behind me and we made back to shore.

Ended up getting a heroes welcome from her there night and we dated for a few months after that.

Link Posted: 6/24/2022 1:43:34 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Twenty years ago I met this babe at Pismo beach.

We swim out maybe 200 yards from shore and are just making out, chatting, and  riding the waves up and down  when smithing big bumps into me.

It was big enough that it pushed both of us a few feet in the water.

I stick my head in the water and there is a 16 foot great white swimming beneath us.

I pop back up and tell the babe not to look down.

She immediately does so and starts to freak the F out.

I tell her to climb on my back and put her legs around me, going to swim back to shore.

As I am swimming back to shore I stick my head in the water a few times and again see this massive fucking shark swimming beneath me. The light glittering off its back. It’s crazy how vivid it is.

I really thought I was a goner. The last 50 or so feet, it disappeared behind me and we made back to shore.

Ended up getting a heroes welcome from her there night and we dated for a few months after that.

View Quote

A seal’s head popped up from underneath me while I was surfing a shark ate the seal but the head bobbed to the surface by my leg. In Santa Cruz I’ve been run out of the water. I’m Hawaii I’ve been run out too.
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 1:45:00 AM EDT
[#46]
Hard to believe it’s been 2 years already
Surfer Killed In Shark Attack Was 26-Year-Old Calif. Man
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 1:47:24 AM EDT
[#47]

Yes yes it is
Florida soldier killed by bear during training in Alaska
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 2:41:25 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
This is one of many reasons why I don't go in the ocean. I don't give a fuck what anyone says or thinks of me, I don't go in the ocean. Humans are the apex predator on land, not so in the water.
View Quote

Used to love swimming in the Gulf as a kid. That ended the evening i was wading neck deep and one bumped me hard in the ribs. I could not see it, but my hands did gasp it just as it bolted. OD of it's fuselage was about the same diameter of a basketball. Guess it was curious as to what i was, but it scared the shit out of me. I was about 10. After that, i never waded more than thigh deep. My old man even threatened to whip my ass on a following trip because he could not make me get in the water. Jaws came out just a few years later. I was the only person leaving the theater, smiling and vindicated.

Fast forward to when I'm 25 and married. Grown, strapping, 6', 170 lb man. My young bride and i meet a like couple on a trip to Destin. We all hit it off. The girls are yapping away like old friends. New freind-dude and me are beering and shooting the shit when he remarks about the second sand bar in the crystal water. "Hey, lets wade out there and find shells for the girls." I'm immediately 10 years old again for a few, but shake it off and we go. The depth before that second bar was about ten feet. I single arm swim across, so as to not spoil my beer. Me and he are not on that shallow bar ridge five fucking minutes and he yells: "Dude, there's a shark coming at you." No shit. There was mini Jaws making a beeline straight for me from behind. I did not have a measuring tape, but it had to be at least 8' long. It slowed about ten feet from me, then changed direction. It bolted out so fast, it literally awestruck me out of that coming heart attack. Me and he damn near beat its speed getting back to the beach.

Fuck

A

Shark

They have a thing for me, apparently.
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 2:59:33 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Fast forward to when I'm 25 and married. Grown, strapping, 6', 170 lb man. My young bride and i meet a like couple on a trip to Destin. We all hit it off. The girls are yapping away like old friends. New freind-dude and me are beering and shooting the shit when he remarks about the second sand bar in the crystal water. "Hey, lets wade out there and find shells for the girls." I'm immediately 10 years old again for a few, but shake it off and we go. The depth before that second bar was about ten feet. I single arm swim across, so as to not spoil my beer. Me and he are not on that shallow bar ridge five fucking minutes and he yells: "Dude, there's a shark coming at you." No shit. There was mini Jaws making a beeline straight for me from behind. I did not have a measuring tape, but it had to be at least 8' long. It slowed about ten feet from me, then changed direction. It bolted out so fast, it literally awestruck me out of that coming heart attack. Me and he damn near beat its speed getting back to the beach.

View Quote

I feel like we haven’t gotten to the best part of this story.
Continue.
Link Posted: 6/25/2022 11:54:29 AM EDT
[#50]
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna34882 Lovers, that’s a major tourist spot
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top