BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/27/2024 2:01:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SigSauerLover]
SIAP

https://www.yahoo.com/news/video-apd-officer-charged-driving-040855616.html

VIDEO: APD officer charged with driving drunk in patrol vehicle

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – On a Sunday in early June, New Mexico State Police Sergeant Toby Lafave was about to make an unusual arrest after clocking a speeding SUV on I-25.

Lafave: “I’m watching an APD unit, doing like over 100, keeps driving off the road.”

Lafave found APD Officer Jordan Hernandez in full uniform behind the wheel. Officer Hernandez told the sergeant that he had only a few minutes to get to work for his midnight shift but Sgt. Lefave said not so fast.

Lafave: “You’re not staying in your lane.”
Hernandez: “I’m sorry, boss, I have a low tire.”

On the side of Bobby Foster Road, Hernandez tried to explain his driving.

Lafave: “I don’t know why you keep going off the road. That’s why I stopped you.”
Hernandez: “Honestly, can I show you why?”
Lafave: “You can tell me why.”
Hernandez: “It’s because I don’t have my other key, so my other key f**** me up because I don’t have my other key in the ignition, and so it’s pulling on my belt, and that’s why. Like, I can show you sir?”
Lafave: “So that’s why you can’t stay in one lane?
Hernandez: No, no, no.
Lafave: Okay, I asked you, why can’t you stay in one lane?
Hernandez: Because I’m trying to log onto all my stuff and everything like that.

But the sergeant had a different explanation for what had happened.

Lafave: “Mr. Hernandez, when did you last drink alcohol?”
Hernandez: “Uh, yesterday.”
Lafave: “Okay, let me check your eyes real quick.”

Lafave, who is well known in the state for his career putting drunk drivers behind bars, learned Hernandez graduated from the academy three years prior. He told Hernandez that he could smell the booze on his breath and started field sobriety tests eventually arresting Hernandez.

APD put Hernandez on administrative leave after his arrest. He is charged with aggravated DWI, speeding, and failure to maintain his lane.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/27/2024 2:08:22 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm sure he said "Ooops"
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 2:18:51 PM EDT
[#2]
There's no excuse for that.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 2:24:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: The_Master_Shake] [#3]
They'll work out some sweetheart deal, he'll resign with no real repercussions, and he will be working for a different department in under a year
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 2:28:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 2:30:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Bama-Shooter:

First time DUI's get dismissed after completing the classes.

Here, it will get fired. But POST will stay in play since it's a misdemeanor and the record is cleared after completing the DUI stuff.

But fuck him. That was stupid.
View Quote

Even a DUI while in full uniform driving your patrol car?

IDK why but figured that carried an additional punishment.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 2:31:05 PM EDT
[#6]
If I'm a defense attorney whose client was arrested by the drunk dude, I'm filing to have all charges dismissed based on impeachment of the arresting officer's character
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 2:31:47 PM EDT
[#7]

Here, it will get fired. But POST will stay in play since it's a misdemeanor and the record is cleared after completing the DUI stuff.

View Quote

How about possession of multiple firearms while intoxicated?
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 2:32:56 PM EDT
[#8]

View Quote

Would he have been fired if he had called in before his shift and told his boss he was too drunk to come in?

Roy
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 2:36:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 2:37:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 2:38:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 2:41:40 PM EDT
[#12]
I can totally see him losing his license and going to court like everyone else.  That's what happens in my area.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 2:49:05 PM EDT
[#13]
APD fucking up?  Figured since nothing happens to their chief when they damned near kill a man by t-boning him for no good reason, while violating department policy, nothing would happen to him either.

Don't doubt he'll be back in uniform again soon protecting and serving us all.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top