Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 1712
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 8:53:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Well, the PM $12.50 buy just hit.  Didn't expect that, but I'll take it!
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 8:54:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Question:  When the HF guys make a large purchase, how significant is the jump?  Is it instantaneous, or does it come in steps?
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 8:56:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Bthorn:
View Quote

Yeah, that was me.  Bought another 1000 at that price to average down.  

Didn't know if anyone would notice that here.

Link Posted: 3/25/2021 9:00:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By SurfAnimal:
Isn't it about time for Osprey to come in all cheerful with a pep talk?

View Quote

I took his advice and read some of the r/mvis thread on Reddit last night.
That group is over the top optimistic that we are in the late stages of M/A.
The logic they use is the BoD moves and HF shorts trying to kill the pps.
Lots of after Buy Out pps talk w/numbers all over the place.

I'm gonna hodl, down to $23 in the brokerage account so a few shares would be the most I could pick up
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 9:03:31 AM EDT
[#5]

Link Posted: 3/25/2021 9:04:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By BIGHURT:

You’ll get more chances today it seems lol
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CajunMojo:
I picked up a few hundred more $MVIS today, though it seems I did it a bit too early in the day.

I kind of hope it doesn't keep dropping, because I'm running out of cash in my account, but if it does...

https://media1.tenor.com/images/51aa659e58702ffc0e3c9727911d99cf/tenor.gif

You’ll get more chances today it seems lol

I'm working nights, so I just set a buy order and hoping for the best. Hopefully when my order hits, the dip stops dipping.

That's the last of my cash without selling something or transferring more.
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 9:06:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 9:09:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Apple awarded lidar patent likely for Apple Car, says UBS
Mar. 25, 2021 8:38 AM ETApple Inc. (AAPL)

UBS analyst Timothy Arcuri notes that Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL) was recently awarded a patent for "Waveform design for a LiDAR system with closely spaced pulses," which could put the tech giant one step closer to the Apple Car.
   The patent discusses an optical device with a light source, a scanning mirror, a detection sensor, and other light-catching characteristics.
   Arcuri highlights that the patent mentions the "distance to the target scene may range from tens of centimeters to hundreds of meters."

Fully autonomous vehicles will depend on sensors with a long range that can detect objects up to several hundred meters away, suggesting an automotive application for the patent.  Luminar Technologies for example, says its lidar sensors can detect objects up to 250 meters.
   Related: Last month, Bloomberg sources said Apple was talking to lidar sensor companies as potential suppliers for the Apple Car.
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 9:13:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: crownvic96] [#9]

Eh I don't know anymore. This isn't the overall same as it used to be.  More movers than sitters than there used to be just like everything else.  Good or bad it is what it is.  On weeks like this someone moving things around would easily make more even with taxes as they are. Or I'm completely wrong and everything is same as it ever was.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By crownvic96:
I think more of you need to read the Stock Brokers Almanac. You'd be less surprised about these "bloody" days.

I'm very glad I took that advice a month or so ago from here. Makes it a lot easier to be patient and not sweat the market, especially when i'm in hold mode on almost everything.

Eh I don't know anymore. This isn't the overall same as it used to be.  More movers than sitters than there used to be just like everything else.  Good or bad it is what it is.  On weeks like this someone moving things around would easily make more even with taxes as they are. Or I'm completely wrong and everything is same as it ever was.
"Week after triple witching, Down Down 22 of Last 33"
"March historically weak later in the month"

Per the historical charts: The second half of march is pretty flat. April will be a really good month then May will be bi-polar.
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 9:14:46 AM EDT
[#10]
Hi, not the sort of person who posts much this thread got me to sign up.  I mistakenly bought in to the MVIS late, or now it would have been early, & have about $17.76 dca on a 2k shares. This last go round has put the hurt on.  My question I haven't seen anyone address in reading all pages, is what is the secondary plan if they DON'T get bought out?  Everyone assumes there is a 100% chance this is going to get bought out at $60 to....  But what if it doesn't happen?  What if Tesla announces their new zippyfrap sensor and it becomes the worldwide standard.  What if MVIS doesn't actually have anything to demo April?

I understand the prevalence of confirmation bias in investing and no one likes to talk about these things due the effects of the desire of avoidance of cognitive dissonance.   I have though always preferred to invest by looking at every bad angle I could to make a more informed decision.

Trading for going on 26 years now.  This is the first stock in a decade where I have thrown the rules out the window and didn't do a stop loss and kept averaging down.  Both of which seem to be massive mistakes at this point (and usually are, averaging down is known as thrown good money after bad for a reason).  But.  Although hope is a wretched investing thesis, I seem to be living on hope right now with MVIS.  I should have followed the rules, stop loss out and got back in much later / lower, but I did not and here I am with enough of a loss I am falling into the MM's trap of now I am stuck and they know I am ridding the ship to the bottom of the ocean.

As there were 100's of MILLIONS of shares purchased at the $18 / higher mark, I would guess there are other people on here who are in my same shoes.

So I would ask, what, if any, exit strategy do you have if all the Pie in the Sky dreams here of buyouts do not happen.

Thanks much and hope I didn't rustle to many jimmies by questioning MVIS.

Go mavis ( I hope).
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 9:14:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By RatherBeLifting:

I just wish I knew what to do. The general trend hasn't been broken for a lot of stocks SPY, QQQ, etc... but I can't tell if it's a correction or reset.

I typically don't do anything in the first 30 minutes of trading anyway but there's some potentially large money to be made if you could figure out which way it's going to break.
View Quote

Fun thing about future options you can trade them pre market. Bad thing about future options they aren't very liquid so you put in a buy on accident when you ment to sell.  You get filled at the very high price.
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 9:17:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Bthorn] [#12]
Originally Posted By tooldforthis:
Hi, not the sort of person who posts much this thread got me to sign up.  I mistakenly bought in to the MVIS late, or now it would have been early, & have about $17.76 dca on a 2k shares. This last go round has put the hurt on.  My question I haven't seen anyone address in reading all pages, is what is the secondary plan if they DON'T get bought out?  Everyone assumes there is a 100% chance this is going to get bought out at $60 to....  But what if it doesn't happen?  What if Tesla announces their new zippyfrap sensor and it becomes the worldwide standard.  What if MVIS doesn't actually have anything to demo April?

I understand the prevalence of confirmation bias in investing and no one likes to talk about these things due the effects of the desire of avoidance of cognitive dissonance.   I have though always preferred to invest by looking at every bad angle I could to make a more informed decision.

Trading for going on 26 years now.  This is the first stock in a decade where I have thrown the rules out the window and didn't do a stop loss and kept averaging down.  Both of which seem to be massive mistakes at this point (and usually are, averaging down is known as thrown good money after bad for a reason).  But.  Although hope is a wretched investing thesis, I seem to be living on hope right now with MVIS.  I should have followed the rules, stop loss out and got back in much later / lower, but I did not and here I am with enough of a loss I am falling into the MM's trap of now I am stuck and they know I am ridding the ship to the bottom of the ocean.

As there were 100's of MILLIONS of shares purchased at the $18 / higher mark, I would guess there are other people on here who are in my same shoes.

So I would ask, what, if any, exit strategy do you have if all the Pie in the Sky dreams here of buyouts do not happen.

Go mavis ( I hope).
View Quote
Welcome aboard.  I hope you brought lube!

Eta- Don't invest money you cant afford to lose.
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 9:24:35 AM EDT
[#13]

Go mavis ( I hope).
View Quote

No jimmie rustling here

MicroVision has 23 open position to hire for a "go it alone" scenario.
Chip shortages were addressed earlier, car makers are pulling back production because of this!
Maybe only 1 vertical sells - LIDAR - no inside knowledge here!
Could be a partnership with Google/Ford, could be a consortium, hope it's not a SPAC?

If any type of positive info leaks, pps should rebound quickly.
I'm not worried because I only invested my gun/reloading money, others (maybe you) who have YOLO'd are certainly nervous
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 9:29:10 AM EDT
[#14]

View Quote

Trying to cheer myself up. I still don't really care about the share price for Microvision, but today looks like it may be really ugly.

Those premarket numbers are just awful all the way across the board.
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 9:32:17 AM EDT
[#15]
I'm glad my buy in yesterday did not hit. I have a feeling there will be $10 shares today.  That last video of Biden made it apparent his handlers can't hide it anymore.
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 9:32:21 AM EDT
[#16]
****snip

Go mavis ( I hope).
View Quote

Remember that there are actually 5 different main verticals that the company has.  Like you said the worst case here is no buy out.  In that case the company can continue to develop and commercialize this hardware through existing contracts with Microsoft and also supply LIDAR to auto companies.  Just those two (IMO) would stabilize the company at current values into the high teen or low $20 ranges. Again, not the preferred option for us but it protects almost everyones value that has been buying lately.  

Trust me. I've been having this discussion with my wife already.  We've got about 15% of our IRA funds committed here.  Right now I'm seeing this as no worse risk than anything else on the market and the potential upside is HUGE.  Worst case scenario is that we stay flat in the teen$ range, MVIS does not do the buyout, fails to market/develop their products well and stock price slowly dwindles.  My ACB is in the low teens so its just a matter of stepping out in an orderly manner when things start to decline.  WORST CASE there.  MY HIGHLY stupid and uneducated guess is that late April/May we hear confirmation regarding the LIDAR sample trial and we pop to at least high $20's.  Then we see what happens from there.

Not a financial adviser....... blah, blah, blah.  
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 9:32:22 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By bayoushooter:

Friday has a picture of a bear on it so be ready for that one too. Next bull is next Thursday before Good Friday.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By bayoushooter:
Originally Posted By crownvic96:
I think more of you need to read the Stock Brokers Almanac. You'd be less surprised about these "bloody" days.

I'm very glad I took that advice a month or so ago from here. Makes it a lot easier to be patient and not sweat the market, especially when i'm in hold mode on almost everything.

Friday has a picture of a bear on it so be ready for that one too. Next bull is next Thursday before Good Friday.

Agreed.

The "March" chapter opens with a statement:

"Mid-Month strength and late-month weakness are most evident above" (references a chart).

Then, as we go into the "April" chapter, it opens with a statement:
"April is still the best Dow month (average 2.0%) since 1950..."

and then continues with:

"Post-presidential election year Aprils since 1950 (Dow 1.9%, S&P 1.5%, NASDAQ -2.4%)"

I do recommend the book as I can't type all the good stuff into these threads. But something you might consider, if you buy the online subscription, they will actually send you a hard copy of the desk edition too. In hindsight, that's what I wish I had done. But I'm happy with the hard copy none the less.

Link Posted: 3/25/2021 9:32:58 AM EDT
[#18]
I bought more in the premarket at 12.48, and transferred more into the account because I think today might turn out to be a buying day. I have orders set to get some more Dropbox but it isn't coming back down after I sold it all.
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 9:41:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BIGHURT] [#19]
Powell opened his trap again this morning talking about rolling back securities etc. hope it gets washed under news

ETA fucking nope
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 9:42:19 AM EDT
[#20]

Go mavis ( I hope).
View Quote

Warren?...is that you?

Link Posted: 3/25/2021 9:43:14 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Admiral_Crunch:
I transferred some more cash from savings into my trading account.  So I have some cash ready to buy.  Not sure yet when to jump in with it.  Maybe spread it out.

Whatever I do, I know that if I buy, it'll drop, and if I wait, it'll rise.
View Quote

Well, I'm waiting, and so far, she's up.  
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 9:44:29 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 9:48:55 AM EDT
[#23]
Powell opened his trap again this morning talking about rolling back securities etc. hope it gets washed under news
View Quote

Another bond auction today too, the one last week didn't have much affect though.

Looks like a lot of buying activity this morning, doesn't look like the shorts have started yet.
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 9:51:00 AM EDT
[#24]

Go mavis ( I hope).
View Quote

First of all, the likely worst case scenario isn't really all that terrible.  A slow fizzle/dwindle in which case you should have a hard exit point.  For me, that point is very close to the bottom, if it even exists at all.  I have only risked what I feel comfortable losing completely on this - about the amount that I would feel ok losing in a large poker game once in a blue moon - and I see so much upside in this company.  

As others have noted throughout the thread, all signs point to positivity for MVIS.  The downward trends are based on absolutely nothing other than FUD and external market factors.  Whenever I feel uncertain, I just remember that not long ago someone who is probably a lot smarter than me and probably has a lot more experience than me, saw fit to drop $50mil on shares at $20/per.  That, combined with the fact that this team seems to be all about results and doesn't play the PR game has absolute stars in my eyes as I read between the lines.

I bought the dip today at just over $13 by selling others that had been flat and even realizing some small losses on a couple because I am out of cash to throw at this.  YMMV, and you should definitely not listen to a crayon eater like me .  It could just as easily be a complete flop.
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 9:52:09 AM EDT
[#25]
Man whoever recommended SURG in this thread... yesterday and today...ouch.
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 9:54:29 AM EDT
[#26]
I haven't bought RIOT in a while, but it's down enough, I'm jumping in again if it goes down just a touch more. I rode it up and down for a long time before it stopped doing that, but it looks like it's back on track again. I hope.

I also bought more MARA this morning -- same thing, the potential to ride it up and down is good.
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 9:58:32 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By amanbearpig:
Man whoever recommended SURG in this thread... yesterday and today...ouch.
View Quote

I don't think it was a recommendation it was more of a look at the MF'r go!
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 10:05:43 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Total53:

I don't think it was a recommendation it was more of a look at the MF'r go!
View Quote

That qualifies as solid DD for us
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 10:09:02 AM EDT
[#29]
Bitcoin is lower than it's been since March 9th, which may or may not mean it's a good time to get in, but if you're looking for a time to buy, it's certainly a time to consider it.
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 10:09:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Admiral_Crunch] [#30]
I've put in a series of MVIS buy orders from about 13 down to 10.50, increasing in size as it goes down.  So if it does go down, I'll pick up some more shares, and I don't have to babysit it.

Of course it already dipped low enough to trigger my first order, but I didn't have it in place yet.
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 10:12:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: m3tric] [#31]
I've put in a series of MVIS buy orders from about 13 down to 10.50, increasing in size as it goes down.  So if it does go down, I'll pick up some more shares, and I don't have to babysit it.

Of course it already dipped low enough to trigger my first order, but I didn't have it in place yet.
View Quote

Ditto. I’ve got more limit buys in from 12.5 down to 9.5. Wish Vanguard had premarket trading, I would have been able to pick some up.

Wonder which way Mavis goes today. Way down in premarket then shot back up at open.
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 10:15:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: beebeebeebee] [#32]
Originally Posted By apexcrusade:

I hope this provides as much entertainment to you reading it as it did to me writing it and, might I mention, absolutelynohomo:

I had to buy some MVIS on the dip, actually the dip is still here, trying to get the low so I can turn it over in a couple of days for some gains, otherwise on that I'm holding like most everyone else.   RILYZ is an awesome baby bond I've held for a while, it's set to mature in 2027 and in the meantime it pays  8.9% yield (on cost), perfect for what I want.  Enough of this type of thing and I can exit the game on my own terms. .  Being corp debt it is higher up the capital stack as far as safety, no skipping the interest as that would cause a default.   I've been trying to accumulate as much of that as possible, cost basis is $21.18.   And, guess what?  RILY is going to call it early.  

So on 31 Mar they will buy them all back at $25 par + interest.  I've had a built-in CAP gain on this of $3.82 per share or 15.3% but was hoping to hold through 2027, collect interest along the way and then the 15.3% guaranteed at the end.  This is the perfect setup on these that I try to replicate as much as possible.   But,  I am trying to get out of it today at $25.31 which is par plus accrued interest rather than w.......
.......What else do you want to know?
View Quote

Excellent post.
Writeups like this (among others/op especially) makes this thread a daily must read.
Great contribution to the thread.
Well written.
Informative.
Immense value.
Lot's of meat.
One of several posters that really bring value to the table.
Please keep it coming.
Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 10:22:04 AM EDT
[#33]
I need dry powder and limit buy orders in place more often.  Now I'm fine with either direction.  
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 10:22:28 AM EDT
[#34]
This is why I have no money left to buy today, as you can see buying on the way down

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 10:31:17 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Osprey61:

Trying to cheer myself up. I still don't really care about the share price for Microvision, but today looks like it may be really ugly.

View All Quotes

Not what I had in mind, but, thanks?

Link Posted: 3/25/2021 10:35:43 AM EDT
[#36]
I want to thank Osprey again for the great info.
View Quote
Indeed. Thank you.
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 10:44:18 AM EDT
[#37]
I see the buy I put in earlier for 1k @ $13 hit. I'll put in another 1k @ $12 and see what happens. MVIS is a drug. I know I can quit any time. Just not today.
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 10:46:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Admiral_Crunch] [#38]
My first buy sell order at 12.85 tripped.

ETA:  Fixed.
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 10:47:21 AM EDT
[#39]
I was able to use the dip today to buy the last 100 shares of TSNPD I needed to fill out my 1,000 shares I want to hold on that one. Yay red.
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 10:47:47 AM EDT
[#40]
I transferred some more cash from savings into my trading account.  So I have some cash ready to buy.  Not sure yet when to jump in with it.  Maybe spread it out.

Whatever I do, I know that if I buy, it'll drop, and if I wait, it'll rise.
View Quote
OK, give us a 60 min warning, and then buy 500 shares.
You will earn our love and admiration when we buy our 1000s of shares at $10.00.
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 10:47:49 AM EDT
[#41]
My first sell order at 12.85 tripped.
View Quote

You're selling? (MVIS)
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 10:52:17 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By BM-ARM-DPMS-guns:

You're selling? (MVIS)
View Quote

Some times Paper hands gotta just paper hand.
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 10:57:15 AM EDT
[#43]

You're selling? (MVIS)
View Quote

I'm sure he meant buy.  I usually don't set my sell orders below market and wait for them to hit.  I guess maybe I'm doing it wrong?
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 10:58:42 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By jb31:

I'm sure he meant buy.  I usually don't set my sell orders below market and wait for them to hit.  I guess maybe I'm doing it wrong?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jb31:

You're selling? (MVIS)

Hmm off to test a new theory
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 10:59:57 AM EDT
[#45]
Well my puts are finally kicking in. One more down day and I might actually make a decent return this month
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 11:00:37 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 11:01:37 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By 58Teague:

View Quote

Limit orders specify to take the selected action (buy/sell) at the limit price OR better. A sell limit order entered below the current bid price is immediately executable, so unless it was some sort of stop/stop limit, I think he meant buy.
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 11:03:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 58Teague] [#48]
Originally Posted By cmsnare:

Limit orders specify to take the selected action (buy/sell) at the limit price OR better. A sell limit order entered below the current bid price is immediately executable, so unless it was some sort of stop/stop limit, I think he meant buy.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By cmsnare:
Originally Posted By 58Teague:

Well I lost everything in 2 min.
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 11:06:23 AM EDT
[#49]

View All Quotes

Here you go.

Did you hear about the guy that got rich investing in Apple?

Turns out it was in cider trading.
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 11:07:36 AM EDT
[#50]
Humm....I wonder how...OMG!!
Page / 1712
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top