BBIG dump.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By apexcrusade:
Originally Posted By war86:
WTF just happened to BBIG?

BBIG dump.

CEO resigned and they pushed the spinoff to December.

ETA. According to the twits
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 5:50:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 5:51:56 PM EDT
[#6]
FFFUUUUUU hate I missed the $8.95 spike to sell calls yesterday. Oh well. Glad I didn’t buy my 10/22 $10 back.
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 5:55:38 PM EDT
[#7]
SP500 is about to hit a 1 year high...absolutely crazy.

I'm thinking there will be much resistance at 4550.
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 5:57:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By CajunMojo:

I would think that you selling all of that would indicate bearish, not bullish. It would flag as bullish if 1 person bought all of those.

Earlier you mentioned 80/10 rule and SENS. Can you give more detail on that?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By FelisTacet:

I'm considering putting a huge sell offer out there for 10/29 @ $20 strike for all mine.  I might activate the call sweep algorithms though if I do.  That could be a good thing for the share price.  554 $20 calls on the market all at once, does that affect anything?

Also, I have my reasons for selling MVIS calls nowhere past 10/29 until November 4th.  I want to see what the earnings call does for us.  I doubt much, but here's hoping for a bump in the stock price...yeah right.

I would think that you selling all of that would indicate bearish, not bullish. It would flag as bullish if 1 person bought all of those.

Earlier you mentioned 80/10 rule and SENS. Can you give more detail on that?

20/10...  I messed that up.  Basically buying back the call contract in the first half of the contract at 20% of it's original value (that's where I was getting 80%, my realized gain), giving you the opportunity to then re-sell that contract at a later date.  The theory is you will typically make more over time by buying back and then reselling that contract at a later date and or different strike instead of chasing pennies.

20%/10% Guidelines for Covered Call Writing and Put-Selling: Same Name, Different Circumstances

When I can, I use the 80% in gains on the call contract as a guide and not as a hard and fast rule.  If it's around 80% I'll consider buying back to re-sell.  

I'm definitely not a pro, though, and to be honest I've only used it a few times.  Usually things are so hectic and I've so many contracts out there in the wild that it's hard to try to always apply it.  I'm usually more concerned if my shares are going to be called away or I'm going to be assigned.  

Also, depending on what the underlying stock is doing, or what I think it will do also comes into play.  I'm more anxious to buy back a call contract at less than 80% if I think the stock is going to rocket and I'd rather capture that rocket instead of having my shares called away.  That hasn't ever happened to me yet, though.
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 6:04:46 PM EDT
[#9]

Dammit.

So much for the $10 Put contracts I sold for 10/22.  I'm probably going to take it in the ass from BBIG yet again if I have to buy them back.

At least my 35 Call contracts I sold (strikes of $9.00 and $10.50 for 10/29) won't get called away.....but I wanted them to.

Nothing's gone right for me with BBIG.
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 6:06:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1969GTX] [#10]
Originally Posted By jkfletcher79:

View All Quotes

BBIG dump.

I've heard people say that the resignation was due in part because they were moving over to Cryptyde in the same positions. Any validity to this?

Record date of TYDE dividend to December. Bunch of folks didn't get rich quick enough and sold lol. I'll be buying a shit ton if it stays down.
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 6:08:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By myfakename:

I've heard people say that the resignation was due in part because they were moving over to Cryptyde in the same positions. Any validity to this?
View All Quotes

BBIG dump.

I hope so.  I'm not risking it anymore and buying anymore shares at this price point though.  See above, I've never times BBIG correctly yet.
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 6:10:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Anyone see anything confirming that the spin-off was pushed back for BBIG?
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 6:13:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By nolan7120:
Anyone see anything confirming that the spin-off was pushed back for BBIG?
View Quote

Screen shot of email.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 6:33:21 PM EDT
[#14]
WTF. My calls might not execute after all.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 6:35:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KaiK] [#15]

Oh dammit!  Don't be the next Sang-Woo in Squid Game.

If you haven't seen that show yet, one of the main characters is explaining how he's in debt for ₩650 million.  He's trying to explan it to one of the other characters about how he lost everything by betting on futures.  The other guy was like "you bet on your future?", having no clue what any of that meant.  I got a kick out of that scene.
View Quote

Looking at the hyper inflation I bet the market goes up a bunch. But money will be so devalued it probably won't matter.  

The bitcoin I have will probably retain its value though.

Email I got from Rogue. Woooo inflation.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 6:42:05 PM EDT
[#16]
If bbig hits $5's in the a.m. I am going to go on a buying spree. I bought modestly last push down. This time? I'm stacking it deep.
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 6:48:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By KaiK:

Looking at the hyper inflation I bet the market goes up a bunch. But money will be so devalued it probably won't matter.  

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/173565/Screenshot_20211019-173022_Email_jpg-2136133.JPG
View All Quotes

Oh dammit!  Don't be the next Sang-Woo in Squid Game.

If you haven't seen that show yet, one of the main characters is explaining how he's in debt for ₩650 million.  He's trying to explan it to one of the other characters about how he lost everything by betting on futures.  The other guy was like "you bet on your future?", having no clue what any of that meant.  I got a kick out of that scene.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/173565/Screenshot_20211019-173022_Email_jpg-2136133.JPG

I've wanted one of their racks for a while.  

I use the fitness center at work since I hate working out at home, so no need.  But it would be nice to have at home so when I get fired.  
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 6:50:49 PM EDT
[#18]
If bbig hits $5's in the a.m. I am going to go on a buying spree. I bought modestly last push down. This time? I'm stacking it deep.
View Quote

Yes please.  I'll make a couple of $$$ if it hits $5.
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 6:51:44 PM EDT
[#19]

I've wanted one of their racks for a while.  

I use the fitness center at work since I hate working out at home, so no need.  But it would be nice to have at home so when I get fired.  
View Quote

I love my R-3.  

And I have 2 Rogue bars and a bunch of Bumpers.
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 6:57:52 PM EDT
[#20]

Record date of TYDE dividend to December. Bunch of folks didn't get rich quick enough and sold lol. I'll be buying a shit ton if it stays down.
View All Quotes

BBIG dump.

It says the CFO is going to TYDE, doesn't specify the others. I made some money on BBIG calls and lost some on stocks because I'm an idiot, but I'm done with this one. GL.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 10/19/2021 7:46:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Vengeance6661] [#21]

From S2upid:

For those without a Linkedin Account, a Skoda Boardmember shared this 11 hours ago:

>AUGMENTED & VIRTUAL REALITY EMPLOYED @ŠKODA

>Everyday @ŠKODA brings something new to learn.
Feeling like in some futuristic movie, I had the possibility to share the augmented reality experience via HoloLens glasses with my ŠKODA Board colleague, Maren Graef.

>**In the car production we already use them for maintaining the production line.**

>Also another clever tool - Virtual reality is being used in our company for example in showrooms to show to our customers all car options and equipment. This is nicely complementing the virtual reality headset we already started to use by selected dealers for the more detailed **ENYAQ IV** demonstration and for the training activities.

>#skodaauto #digitization #hololens #augmentedreality

____

Pretty sparse on the details, but it looks like Skoda is using the Hololens 2 on their production lines... and the boardmember mentions their brand new all electric SUV called [Škoda Enyaq iV](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C5%A0koda_Enyaq_iV)

Link Posted: 10/19/2021 8:00:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FelisTacet] [#22]
Originally Posted By Vengeance6661:
https://i.ibb.co/4PHpBC0/Screenshot-20211019-194344-Reddit.jpg

From S2upid:

For those without a Linkedin Account, a Skoda Boardmember shared this 11 hours ago:

Feeling like in some futuristic movie, I had the possibility to share the augmented reality experience via HoloLens glasses with my ŠKODA Board colleague, Maren Graef.

>**In the car production we already use them for maintaining the production line.**

>Also another clever tool - Virtual reality is being used in our company for example in showrooms to show to our customers all car options and equipment. This is nicely complementing the virtual reality headset we already started to use by selected dealers for the more detailed **ENYAQ IV** demonstration and for the training activities.

____

Pretty sparse on the details, but it looks like Skoda is using the Hololens 2 on their production lines... and the boardmember mentions their brand new all electric SUV called [Škoda Enyaq iV](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C5%A0koda_Enyaq_iV)

https://media2.giphy.com/media/3rgXBOmTlzyFCURutG/giphy.webp?cid=6c09b952faf2d258d8639a85b49313b3fcd91f51fc473b65&rid=giphy.webp&ct=g
View Quote

While searching for a Škoda ticker, it seems they’re owned by Volkswagen.  A wholly-owned subsidiary.
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 8:09:04 PM EDT
[#23]

From S2upid:

____

https://media2.giphy.com/media/3rgXBOmTlzyFCURutG/giphy.webp?cid=6c09b952faf2d258d8639a85b49313b3fcd91f51fc473b65&rid=giphy.webp&ct=g
View Quote

Neat.
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 8:21:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PepePewPew] [#24]
Dammit.
I figured Thu would be ex-dividend, and planned on loading up the truck with BBIG tomorrow. Which looks really good right about now.
But...I started loading today at 7.90. The good news is I sold some $6 calls on it for $1.95, so it looks like I get to keep it at 5.95. I was just going to let it get called away after TYDE hit.

EDIT: it sure looks like this was planned in advance.
They seated the new board, CEO quit, CFO moved to TYDE, and they hired a new CEO all in one board meeting.

Details here:
https://d1io3yog0oux5.cloudfront.net/sec/0001493152-21-025793/0001493152-21-025793.pdf
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 8:48:06 PM EDT
[#25]
All mostly good news.
Finally
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 9:00:48 PM EDT
[#26]
Can somebody post up an afterhours chart on BBIG today?

I see it ended up around 6 at 8pm, how low did it go and when?

I might guess that people would figure out the news isn't a problem by 9:30AM, but shouldn't they have already figured it out between 5:30 and 8:00 tonight? It took me about fifteen minutes after I turned on my computer (unfortunately after 8pm) to look at the filings and say 'meh'.
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 9:40:38 PM EDT
[#27]

From S2upid:

____

View Quote

S2upid should just take over the marketing department and work from home. He'd get more done than what they have currently. Why aren't they putting shit like this out on their twitter account?
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 9:43:15 PM EDT
[#28]

S2upid should just take over the marketing department and work from home. He'd get more done than what they have currently. Why aren't they putting shit like this out on their twitter account?
View Quote

abso-fucking-lutely!

S2upid has done more for MVIS in the past couple of years, than ever have as a company.
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 9:43:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By PepePewPew:

I might guess that people would figure out the news isn't a problem by 9:30AM, but shouldn't they have already figured it out between 5:30 and 8:00 tonight? It took me about fifteen minutes after I turned on my computer (unfortunately after 8pm) to look at the filings and say 'meh'.
View Quote

Looks like $5.78 around 5:45pm, shot kinda sucks on a chromebook.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 9:47:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CajunMojo] [#30]

View Quote

5.63 is where it bottomed out at 5:48.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 10:44:01 PM EDT
[#31]

View Quote

I'm not sure why they aren't using social media to their advantage. They certainly have a healthy amount of followers and their twits get a decent amount of replies and responses.  It's really just bizarre. I can't imagine someone at the company hasn't raised that question yet, as to why they aren't marketing themselves in a better fashion. I'd have to assume there is a reason for it?
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 11:12:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SparticleBrane] [#32]
NVAX is about to destroy my account.  Like, 5 figures worth.  Down 26% in after-hours.

edit: 260 shares.  Might just hold onto them and see what happens.  This stock is pretty volatile.  If it spikes up again anytime soon I'll dump it.
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 11:20:54 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By SparticleBrane:
NVAX is about to destroy my account.  Like, 5 figures worth.  Down 26% in after-hours.

edit: 260 shares.  Might just hold onto them and see what happens.  This stock is pretty volatile.  If it spikes up again anytime soon I'll dump it.
View Quote

Sorry to hear that. From the article I read, it sure doesn't sound like it's coming back any time soon.

This isn't financial advice. I'm a retard. Good luck.
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 11:24:06 PM EDT
[#34]

Sorry to hear that. From the article I read, it sure doesn't sound like it's coming back any time soon.

View All Quotes

I, too, am a retard.  As evidenced by this "investment".
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 11:45:31 PM EDT
[#35]

View Quote

Wow, that's not exactly unprecedented for NVAX.
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 12:03:11 AM EDT
[#36]

View All Quotes

Meanwhile, my sold calls are most definitely not going to hit anytime soon.
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 7:08:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: apexcrusade] [#37]
So glad I bought NVAX.  So glad.

edit - I see I am in good company!
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 7:11:24 AM EDT
[#38]
Well, well.

"According to an SEC filing submitted by the company on Thursday, Greg Glenn, President, R&D of Novavax (NVAX), has sold ~8.3K shares, exercising his options in line with a previously adopted trading plan.
With the transaction valued at ~$1.3M cutting his stake in the biotech by as much as ~67% on Tuesday, Glenn’s ownership in the company has dropped to only ~4.1K shares.
Similarly, Novavax CEO Erck Stanley offloaded millions of dollars worth of shares early this month. In 2020, the company insiders had reportedly sold nearly $46M of shares as the stock climbed more than 25 times during the year."
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 7:22:44 AM EDT
[#39]

Wow, that's not exactly unprecedented for NVAX.
View Quote

Biotechs are the devil.
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 7:40:24 AM EDT
[#40]
Well, well.

"According to an SEC filing submitted by the company on Thursday, Greg Glenn, President, R&D of Novavax (NVAX), has sold ~8.3K shares, exercising his options in line with a previously adopted trading plan.
With the transaction valued at ~$1.3M cutting his stake in the biotech by as much as ~67% on Tuesday, Glenn’s ownership in the company has dropped to only ~4.1K shares.
Similarly, Novavax CEO Erck Stanley offloaded millions of dollars worth of shares early this month. In 2020, the company insiders had reportedly sold nearly $46M of shares as the stock climbed more than 25 times during the year."
View Quote

Damn. That’s pretty fucked up.
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 7:44:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: PepePewPew] [#41]
Well, well.

View Quote

Previously adopted plan, was that a plan to dump it over $300 or a plan to exercise and dump when the options vested?
Anyway, they're compensating a division president with stock ownership when that president doesn't really want to own the stock.
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 7:46:13 AM EDT
[#42]

View Quote
I'm makin' money off AITX, because I bought when it bottomed, after it created bagholders here.
Maybe I should buy some NVAX? I've learned NOT to buy stuff when everyone else here is. I have almost always lost when I did. But when I wait til you all get burned a little, THEN buy, I seem to make a few bucks.
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 7:47:31 AM EDT
[#43]
Anybody have a plan for buying BBIG today?
I was hoping to buy at $5, or $6 if five wasn't going to happen.
Looks like it started out low and it's already over $6.5 again.
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 7:48:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: KaiK] [#44]
Originally Posted By JarheadPatriot:
I'm makin' money off AITX, because I bought when it bottomed, after it created bagholders here.
Maybe I should buy some NVAX? I've learned NOT to buy stuff when everyone else here is. I have almost always lost when I did. But when I wait til you all get burned a little, THEN buy, I seem to make a few bucks.
View Quote

Buy the dip.

I'm not messing with biotechs though.  I would buy more BBIG right now if I had money.  Next Monday I will for sure when all the options I sold expire.  Hopefully it stays low.
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 7:51:25 AM EDT
[#45]

Buy the dip.
View All Quotes

Buy the dip.
I just might.
I've done so bad on OTC, I'll take a small profit on anything I can.
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 7:51:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: apexcrusade] [#46]
View All Quotes

There is merit to your statement.  When you first hear of something that is an indicator that so have many others and perhaps not the best time to get in.  i've done that and now holding some bags.  It's better to maybe buy 1 tracking share and then watch it for a time to see what it does before getting in.  Although in the case of NVAX that might not apply.  Could be a good entry point, certainly better than the one I already have
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 8:03:16 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Total53:

Looks like $5.78 around 5:45pm, shot kinda sucks on a chromebook.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/512051/Screenshot_2021-10-19_8_41_15_PM_png-2136338.JPG
View Quote

Thanks, how do you enable after hours quotes/charting at Yahoo?
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 8:42:15 AM EDT
[#48]
ME is over $10.

Was there any news?
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 8:44:33 AM EDT
[#49]

Thanks, how do you enable after hours quotes/charting at Yahoo?
View Quote

On the ticker page, small chart hit "full screen".
I use the mouse wheel to spin in/out where I want the chart and hit the blue arrow middle right to collapse the other tickers.
Then the "Settings" wheel on the upper right of the chart has an "extended hours" on/off slide - turn it on.
You can set the candles to minutes/hours, add different studies, all kinds of things for free!
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 8:46:15 AM EDT
[#50]
BBIG rebounding nicely PM.
Page / 1713
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top