[Last Edit: 3n1gm4] [#1]
So how long does a 4th halt usually last

eta: wasted page.  I do apologize
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 10:34:34 AM EDT
[#2]
My port is an absolute Train wreck.  
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 10:41:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Wtf happened with PHUN, been halted since 8:54.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 10:43:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Torts] [#4]
Phun:  I figured what the heck, so put in an order for 1000 shares at 18.00, after the halt executed at $9.15 and then promptly plummeted.  Now up to $11.00.

ETA:  And promptly halted again...
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 10:48:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By jvncnt:
Phun:  I figured what the heck, so put in an order for 1000 shares at 18.00, after the halt executed at $9.15 and then promptly plummeted.  Now up to $11.00.

ETA:  And promptly halted again...
View Quote

The halt opened at around 9. It should run unless DWAC takes a shit again.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 10:50:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Spydr12999:
Wtf happened with PHUN, been halted since 8:54.
View Quote

Just market manipulation by our masters.

Anyone have an exit strategy on these? I have no idea
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 10:58:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Blitzcraig173:

View Quote

Well if I learned anything from this thread and and MVIS is….. Nobody ever went broke taking profits.  If I knew that six months ago I’d be a happier man.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 11:08:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Blitzcraig173:

View Quote
Hard to have a strategy when they keep halting.

I was in on PHUN at 5.48 and was trying to get out ~20, then the halt, drop, halt, drop, now i'm out a 7
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 11:09:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By wilmermj:

Well if I learned anything from this thread and and MVIS is….. Nobody ever went broke taking profits.  If I knew that six months ago I’d be a happier man.
View Quote

But which profits do I take?
If I buy 1000 MVIS at 0.30, do I sell it all at $1 and be glad for the three bagger?
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 11:09:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Malbec:
Today is the day, I can feel it.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/22/2021 11:10:10 AM EDT
[#11]
What's the short report on BBIG?
I'd think they'd be covering like crazy under 5.25.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 11:15:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FelisTacet] [#12]
Originally Posted By PepePewPew:
What's the short report on BBIG?
I'd think they'd be covering like crazy under 5.25.
View Quote

Curious as well, but I doubt it will help me.

My ten 8/22 @ $10 puts that I sold that expire today will be assigned to me if I don’t buy them back.  Man, it’s going to hurt to buy those back but I’m considering it.  I’m about done with this BBIG mess.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 11:23:00 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By FelisTacet:

Curious as well, but I doubt it will help me.

My ten 8/22 @ $10 puts that I sold that expire today will be assigned to me if I don’t buy them back.  Man, it’s going to hurt to buy those back but I’m considering it.  I’m about done with this BBIG mess.
View Quote

I had 2 10/22 $8s and one 10/22 $7 that I rolled to next week.  Sold a $5.50 for today.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 11:28:05 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By apexcrusade:

I have work to do, can't sit here all day watching it.  Can't even buy it with the halts.  Very crazy
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SparticleBrane:
DWAC TRADING RESUMED

IMMEDIATELY JUMPS TO $157.50

IMMEDIATELY HALTED

HOLY FUCK

I have work to do, can't sit here all day watching it.  Can't even buy it with the halts.  Very crazy

You probably lucked out by not buying, it's now half what it was then.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 11:29:44 AM EDT
[#15]
Bought my BBIG options back too soon.

Still cleared $1 a share on them though.  

Now we need a rebound so I can sell more.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 11:31:26 AM EDT
[#16]
Bid

Ask

B/A Size      400x100

wacko factor
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 11:32:33 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By TinSpinner:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TinSpinner:
Originally Posted By SparticleBrane:
DWAC TRADING RESUMED

IMMEDIATELY JUMPS TO $157.50

IMMEDIATELY HALTED

HOLY FUCK

I actually did get two more buys in eventually.  Another halt now.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 11:48:10 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Bthorn:
My port is an absolute Train wreck.  
View Quote

Same here. Just got a maintenance call.

C'mon afternoon rebound!
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 11:53:29 AM EDT
[#19]
Wow, MVIS just cannot catch a bid. Every uptick is sold. Hard to believe it was a $10+ stock yesterday, really thought it had found an intermediate term bottom in the high $8 to low $9 area.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 11:57:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: M82Assault] [#20]
Oh look, Sharma's PR was so fucking weak we get to have another -5+% day!

It's gonna be epic next week when they spew the same limp-dick comments during earnings and we blow below $5
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 12:00:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Just bought more occugen at 7.90. Immediately sold $9 covered calls for next fri at $58 per contract. Easy money.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 12:12:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By M82Assault:

It's gonna be epic next week when they spew the same limp-dick comments during earnings and we blow below $5
View Quote

What else would you have liked for him to say? I thought he did well for a 20 minute interview. I'm open to having my opinion changed.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 12:15:14 PM EDT
[#23]

View Quote

They need to fire their PR guy.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 12:18:17 PM EDT
[#24]
FYI I bought in DWAC so I'm to blame when it crashes. Now back to your regularly scheduled program.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 12:18:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FelisTacet] [#25]
Originally Posted By Vengeance6661:

What else would you have liked for him to say? I thought he did well for a 20 minute interview. I'm open to having my opinion changed.
View All Quotes

Maybe a little harsh to focus it on Sharma, but I don’t think he necessarily is.

MVIS is NOT following the market on the drops.  Something is amiss here, and I’m not sure what it is.

No lift from positive PR (actually it drops), hasn’t followed the LiDAR peers with the market, continual slow bleed except for one day and that day didn’t make any sense either.

It’s getting frustrating.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 12:21:39 PM EDT
[#26]

View Quote

Maybe if he had said literally anything at all between now and the June offering, we wouldn't be in the single digits right now and that piece would have been enough to inspire investor confidence and stem the slow bleed by the shorts. But he didn't, and it wasn't.

MVIS needs news. Any news at all. Progress report, company direction, anything positive. Announce that the $140m ATM offering is closed since they never actually did, so for all anyone knows, it's still open.

But no, share price drops 80% and all we get are crickets and a weak interview.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 12:22:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: zhass] [#27]

View Quote
Sense I have 2 brain cells fighting for 3rd place maybe someone can shed some light.  As MVIS creates higher operational costs through new hires ect, how are they going to stay solvent? They have very little money coming in, and selling the remaining shares becomes less beneficial at the ever declining share price...

ETA We have yet to see or hear about any meaningful positive cash flow from HoloLens or any other vertical.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 12:27:01 PM EDT
[#28]
I thought Sumit made it clear that that is nothing positive coming in the near term. There will obviously be no buyout at this point. He basically said this is going to take years to come to fruition. Maybe people are bailing because they don't want to wait possibly 2-3 more years for the consolidation or next catalyst?
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 12:28:23 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By zhass:
Sense I have 2 brain cells fighting for 3rd place maybe someone can shed some light.  As MVIS creates higher operational costs through new hires ect, how are they going to stay solvent? They have very little money coming in, and selling the remaining shares becomes less beneficial at the ever declining share price...

View All Quotes

It would seem that MVIS gives no fucks about their shareholders, so they'll just continue to dilute regardless of share price.  

I certainly hope I'm wrong, but I'm quickly losing hope on a share price above $10 anytime soon.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 12:30:03 PM EDT
[#30]
Still think it (MVIS) is absurdly oversold on the short term charts. Just bought 50 contracts of the $8.50 calls expiring today at $0.20. Looking for an afternoon bump and a possible double.

MVIS tanks more in 3...2...1...
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 12:31:11 PM EDT
[#31]

View Quote

Another ATM offering, God forbid, because that will crush us.  Or, if the report was correct, Q4 IVAS is supposed to have a substantial increase from the other quarters.  I wish I had the earnings prospect chart available to post, but I don’t.  It’s buried deep in this thread somewhere.

Otherwise, they need to get going with an interactive display sale, or sell off that vertical IMMEDIATELY.  Unfortunately they’re at the mercy of a contract buyer or a vertical buyer.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 12:31:28 PM EDT
[#32]
I thought Sumit made it clear that that is nothing positive coming in the near term. There will obviously be no buyout at this point. He basically said this is going to take years to come to fruition. Maybe people are bailing because they don't want to wait possibly 2-3 more years for the consolidation or next catalyst?
View Quote
That's in my opinion a big part of it. Risk versus what a 50-200% return over a three or so year period. It's a long for sure but I think many including myself had a 12-18 month max expectation, obviously not the fault of anyone but ourselves.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 12:34:42 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Speedie:
Still think it (MVIS) is absurdly oversold on the short term charts. Just bought 50 contracts of the $8.50 calls expiring today at $0.20. Looking for an afternoon bump and a possible double.

MVIS tanks more in 3...2...1...
View Quote

I’m not doing anything with MVIS until after the 28th, then I’m going high risk on my call sales.  Probably not wise, but here I am.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 12:35:26 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By m6z:

It would seem that MVIS gives no fucks about their shareholders, so they'll just continue to dilute regardless of share price.  

I certainly hope I'm wrong, but I'm quickly losing hope on a share price above $10 anytime soon.
View All Quotes

Sharma has 575,434 shares, and his performance bonuses are paid in stock.  Judy and the other two new guys are bit players at 6,739 shares, and they got those at $14 value.  Sharma lost over 1M last three days.

Saying they give no fucks about share prices could only be accurate if the board/C-suite literally hated money
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 12:46:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FelisTacet] [#35]
Originally Posted By shblackdragon:

Sharma has 575,434 shares, and his performance bonuses are paid in stock.  Judy and the other two new guys are bit players at 6,739 shares, and they got those at $14 value.  Sharma lost over 1M last three days.

Saying they give no fucks about share prices could only be accurate if the board/C-suite literally hated money
View All Quotes

That’s just it.

So it’s one of two things.  And his interview released yesterday allows either of the two things to hold water.

1)  MicroVision is completely clueless and incompetent on how advertising for value works.

2)  There’s a vertical sale or a contract coming up very very soon that WE don’t know about.  

The first is a good possibility, and they HAVE tried but it just isn’t working.

The second part, I can only wish.  “Hopium” and speculation is making me sick, so I hate pushing that BS anymore because it’s gotten us absolutely nowhere.  If SS and Co. are sick to their stomach like I am about the share price, I’m scared.  If they are calm about it, there’s hope because something certainly is going on behind the scenes that we don’t know about.  They’re certainly not showing their hand, that’s for sure.

If they do another At The Money, we’re in trouble.

Link Posted: 10/22/2021 12:50:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Vengeance6661] [#36]

That’s just it.

So it’s one of two things.  And his interview released yesterday allows either of the two things to hold water.

1)  MicroVision is completely clueless and incompetent on how advertising for value works.

2)  There’s a vertical sale or a contract coming up very very soon that WE don’t know about.  

The second part, I can only wish.  “Hopium” and speculation is making me sick, so I hate pushing that BS anymore because it’s gotten us absolutely nowhere.  If SS and Co. are sick to their stomach like I am about the share price, I’m scared.  If they are calm about it, there’s hope because something certainly is going on behind the scenes that we don’t know about.  They’re certainly not showing their hand, that’s for sure.

If they do another ITM, we’re in trouble.

View Quote

I didnt get the sense they are concerned about the share price from his interview. There have been a lot of moving pieces lately. I cannot imagine they are all for nothing. He talked about the share price for what 5 minutes out of the 20 minute interview? He basically said take a breath to the share holders. Easier said than done.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 12:54:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FelisTacet] [#37]

I didnt get the sense they are concerned about the share price from his interview. There have been a lot of moving pieces lately. I cannot imagine they are all for nothing. He talked about the share price for what 5 minutes out of the 20 minute interview? He basically said take a breath to the share holders.
View Quote

Well, let’s hope not.  But I know for damn sure if I was the CEO being interviewed that I’d definitely not make out like I was worried.

As for moving pieces, we have no clue.

We do know that they have said they’re strictly focused on LiDAR...we know that.  So let’s get rid of the other pieces!  Maybe that’s happening, so that will give them money to operate a couple more years until LiDAR becomes viable.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 12:57:39 PM EDT
[#38]

View Quote

Those 575434 shares still make him a millionaire even if he sold at $2
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 1:07:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: apexcrusade] [#39]
I'm a pattern day trader!

Dear Valued Client,

We want to let you know that recent activity in your account ending in 1234 fits the definition of pattern day trading. This subjects your account to increased equity requirements. There's some important information you should have.

What Is Pattern Day Trading?

The Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) currently defines day trading as purchasing and selling, or short selling and purchasing to cover, the same security on the same day. A pattern day trader is defined as someone who makes four or more round-trip day trades in a five-business-day period, unless this activity is less than 6% of total trading activity in that period.

Minimum Equity Requirement

The rules require pattern day trading accounts to maintain minimum equity of $25,000 on any day in which day trading occurs. If your account falls below $25,000 equity, we will issue a day trading minimum equity call and prohibit day trading in your account. If you execute a day trade when the equity is below $25,000, we will restrict your account to only closing transactions until you bring the equity up to $25,000. You can increase equity, and continue trading as usual, by depositing additional funds or consolidating assets.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 1:12:51 PM EDT
[#40]

Dear Valued Client,

We want to let you know that recent activity in your account ending in 1234 fits the definition of pattern day trading. This subjects your account to increased equity requirements. There's some important information you should have.

The Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) currently defines day trading as purchasing and selling, or short selling and purchasing to cover, the same security on the same day. A pattern day trader is defined as someone who makes four or more round-trip day trades in a five-business-day period, unless this activity is less than 6% of total trading activity in that period.

The rules require pattern day trading accounts to maintain minimum equity of $25,000 on any day in which day trading occurs. If your account falls below $25,000 equity, we will issue a day trading minimum equity call and prohibit day trading in your account. If you execute a day trade when the equity is below $25,000, we will restrict your account to only closing transactions until you bring the equity up to $25,000. You can increase equity, and continue trading as usual, by depositing additional funds or consolidating assets.
View Quote

In and out of DWAC too many times today I see.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 1:28:42 PM EDT
[#41]

That’s just it.

View All Quotes

That’s just it.

I'd go with #1.  But compounding it is this clown shoes economy FJB set us up with, where good news gets buried in whatever bullshit biden is currently causing.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 1:29:53 PM EDT
[#42]

I didnt get the sense they are concerned about the share price from his interview. There have been a lot of moving pieces lately. I cannot imagine they are all for nothing. He talked about the share price for what 5 minutes out of the 20 minute interview? He basically said take a breath to the share holders. Easier said than done.
View Quote

1) The last thing a CEO is going to do is say or even hint at anything negative about the company. People saying "Oh Sharma says he's profoundly optimistic so I'm sure we're doing awesome!" are not getting this.

2) It's also possible Sharma doesn't care about his potential money loss from the shares, he believes in the company and the potential (like anyone who runs their own company) so he doesn't care if the share price drops to $1, so long as he can keep doing what he's doing. This can work out great or work out terrible....
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 1:34:40 PM EDT
[#43]
I think bbig died.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 1:37:56 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By myfakename:

View All Quotes

Dear Valued Client,

Yessir.  I don't think it affects me though, My day trading buying power is way above any requirements they have, but, I am not certain how they calculate everything going forward so will have to study up on the whole issue,
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 1:38:57 PM EDT
[#45]
MVIS going back to .24
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 1:47:20 PM EDT
[#46]

Yessir.  I don't think it affects me though, My day trading buying power is way above any requirements they have, but, I am not certain how they calculate everything going forward so will have to study up on the whole issue,
View All Quotes

Dear Valued Client,

If the equity is there, shouldn't even be an issue. I am small potatoes so I have to plan my entries and exits carefully while moving funds around. Makes trading interesting in volatile stocks.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 1:59:31 PM EDT
[#47]

Yep, I’m buying back some calls at a $3,000.00 loss, just need to figure out when to dump the 3,500 shares I’m under water on.  I’m pretty much done with BBIG now.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:17:53 PM EDT
[#48]
Sold some $9 MVIS calls for today.
.06c with an hour and 45min to go.
YOLO
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:20:31 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:27:59 PM EDT
[#50]

Boobas!
Page / 1713
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top