Link Posted: 11/17/2021 7:18:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By captnstabn:

The smart play!
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Nvda absolutely killed it in earnings!
And more to come as they grow. Damn i wish i picked up the extra shares but i was nervous that it had shot up so much that it had possibly overshot with the earnings still unknown. Man i love this company. They’ll be due for another split soon 😆
But seriously i need to go much, much harder into nvda… considering just getting out of all my red positions and putting all that into nvda and not looking back.
Link Posted: 11/17/2021 7:39:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By TheTech-1:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/184255/37ABCF3C-E046-4D79-ABE1-2571AAAAD959_jpe-2170512.JPG
And more to come as they grow. Damn i wish i picked up the extra shares but i was nervous that it had shot up so much that it had possibly overshot with the earnings still unknown. Man i love this company. They’ll be due for another split soon 😆
But seriously i need to go much, much harder into nvda… considering just getting out of all my red positions and putting all that into nvda and not looking back.
View Quote

Listening to the earnings call…they have a ton of future as well. It’s already my favorite stock to own and trade options on, and I like it even better after listening to Jensen speak.
Link Posted: 11/17/2021 7:50:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: apexcrusade] [#3]
Originally Posted By KaiK:

Man that's a hell of a trend.  What do they do?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/173565/Screenshot_20211117-170939_thinkorswim_j-2170501.JPG
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By apexcrusade:
ECC will pay a 50 cent special dividend,  that one is looking good lately.  I think I am repeating myself

Man that's a hell of a trend.  What do they do?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/173565/Screenshot_20211117-170939_thinkorswim_j-2170501.JPG

A closed end fund that deals in Collateralized Debt Obligations - CDOs -  they, OXLC and XFLT are the only players in that space.

And they just announced a preferred stock offering so blunted the stock price a bit.
Link Posted: 11/17/2021 8:56:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Wish I had more powder for NVDA  I've slowly built up to 18 shares but I need 82 more
Link Posted: 11/17/2021 8:58:15 PM EDT
[#5]

A closed end fund that deals in Collateralized Loan Obligations - CLOs -  they, OXLC and XFLT are the only players in that space.

And they just announced a preferred stock offering so blunted the stock price a bit.
View Quote

Collateralized loans like mortgages?
Link Posted: 11/17/2021 9:02:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TW200] [#6]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/184255/37ABCF3C-E046-4D79-ABE1-2571AAAAD959_jpe-2170512.JPG
View All Quotes

The smart play!

I bought 50 more nvidia shares today. My total is 111 shares now.
Also bought more Amazon.
Link Posted: 11/17/2021 9:20:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Cool little shot out to the hololens2 at the bottom of this article.

https://inculture.microsoft.com/arts/ancient-olympia-common-grounds/
Link Posted: 11/17/2021 9:26:32 PM EDT
[#8]

View All Quotes

The smart play!

Holy shit those margins
Link Posted: 11/17/2021 9:28:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Twas a good day!
   I hit my annual investment goal 3 months early. Anything else I can put into it is a bonus.
   I'm slowly starting to accept that I'm going to have to dump a few dogs, so I got that process going, and unloaded some OTC garbage for a small loss.
  I Expanded my position in Lucid. Doubled my position in MVIS, and turned on the drip by getting into AT&T for under $25.
   I feel good.
Link Posted: 11/17/2021 9:35:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By JarheadPatriot:
Twas a good day!
   I hit my annual investment goal 3 months early. Anything else I can put into it is a bonus.
   I'm slowly starting to accept that I'm going to have to dump a few dogs, so I got that process going, and unloaded some OTC garbage for a small loss.
  I Expanded my position in Lucid. Doubled my position in MVIS, and turned on the drip by getting into AT&T for under $25.
   I feel good.
View Quote

Hell yeah, brother!

I'm thinking I might pick up more DPLS when the stock opens tomorrow...maybe catch a ride up on opening and sell some.  I was pretty successful day trading it earlier this year when it had more volatility.
Link Posted: 11/17/2021 10:08:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By myfakename:

Yep. I can't quit her. Been out a few times.
View Quote
Yep.  Sold off the last ride at .13.  Oof.

Bought back in on the down slide.  Been holding bags for months.
Link Posted: 11/17/2021 10:26:07 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm selling one of my losers at the open to dump more into DPLS.  One things I learned from MVIS is that if you're going to go big, go big early.
Link Posted: 11/17/2021 11:03:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Tim_AZ:
I'm selling one of my losers at the open to dump more into DPLS.  One things I learned from MVIS is that if you're going to go big, go big early.
View Quote

I'm doing the same. Which means as soon as I go balls deep into dpls, share price is going to go down. Sorry guys.
Link Posted: 11/17/2021 11:15:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Vengeance6661:

I'm doing the same. Which means as soon as I go balls deep into dpls, share price is going to go down. Sorry guys.
View All Quotes

Dont do that to me man....dont do it. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/17/2021 11:56:02 PM EDT
[#15]

View All Quotes

Make sure you post when you buy so the rest of us can buy the dip.
Link Posted: 11/17/2021 11:58:45 PM EDT
[#16]

Make sure you post when you buy so the rest of us can buy the dip.
View Quote

Was hoping you'd go first actually.
Link Posted: 11/18/2021 12:29:42 AM EDT
[#17]
View Quote

Only thing holding me back from buying more DPLS is the amount of shares outstanding.  I just can't see them exploding in share price with that kind of float.  Then again nothing in this market makes much sense so it will hit $10
Link Posted: 11/18/2021 6:11:57 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By NIevo:

Only thing holding me back from buying more DPLS is the amount of shares outstanding.  I just can't see them exploding in share price with that kind of float.  Then again nothing in this market makes much sense so it will hit $10
View All Quotes

$15mil share buyback announced yesterday.  Won't make a huge dent, but it's something.  I've learned the same lesson watching this thread for a year and a half without purchasing a single share of MVIS.
Link Posted: 11/18/2021 8:50:01 AM EDT
[#19]

View Quote

4.7 billion shares outstanding what could go wrong.
Link Posted: 11/18/2021 8:51:33 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Jarcese:

$15mil share buyback announced yesterday.  Won't make a huge dent, but it's something.  I've learned the same lesson watching this thread for a year and a half without purchasing a single share of MVIS.
View Quote

They going to do a BBRW buy back?
Link Posted: 11/18/2021 9:29:32 AM EDT
[#21]
Im gonna try to snag a little sumthin sumthin of nvda with a limit buy at $300. Anyone think that’ll work? Or should i just throw a market order out at open? Just trying to save a few bucks
Link Posted: 11/18/2021 9:32:16 AM EDT
[#22]
Im gonna try to snag a little sumthin sumthin of nvda with a limit buy at $300. Anyone think that’ll work? Or should i just throw a market order out at open? Just trying to save a few bucks
View Quote

Currently trading at 316, do you expect a dump on the open?
Link Posted: 11/18/2021 9:34:11 AM EDT
[#23]

View Quote

I think only bbrw can do bbrw buybacks
Those shitheads
Link Posted: 11/18/2021 9:39:43 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By CajunMojo:

View Quote

Whenever there are huge spikes at open its likely to see sellers/bears cash in. Im just hoping for a quick touch at $300 to pick my shares up. I agree you’d have to be pretty dense to sell, you should have seen how many bears were out yesterday calling nvda a pig because if you look at the chart… well you know lol.

Im also thinking $300 is a new floor and if it ever hits again it’ll be for a short time today.

Or maybe i should just throw two buys out for each account, one market at open and throw the limit buys for $300 in now just to see if they hit at some point.
Link Posted: 11/18/2021 9:55:17 AM EDT
[#25]

Whenever there are huge spikes at open its likely to see sellers/bears cash in. Im just hoping for a quick touch at $300 to pick my shares up. I agree you’d have to be pretty dense to sell, you should have seen how many bears were out yesterday calling nvda a pig because if you look at the chart… well you know lol.

Im also thinking $300 is a new floor and if it ever hits again it’ll be for a short time today.

Or maybe i should just throw two buys out for each account, one market at open and throw the limit buys for $300 in now just to see if they hit at some point.
View All Quotes

Your logic is sound and it dovetails with my thinking as well.

There's a psychological floor at 300.  The days of cheap NVDA shares are over.  I was lucky(smart) enough to buy yesterday when the bears were beating it down.
Link Posted: 11/18/2021 10:00:31 AM EDT
[#26]
Couple EV plays today

SPI was up yesterday but pulled back today
They are unveiling their electric pickup at the LA auto show tomorrow

Also SEV is another EV looking good pre market
Link Posted: 11/18/2021 10:16:42 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By RatherBeLifting:

I'm not sure on the floor.  It's had a heavy resistance at the .09 marker...Not sure when, or if, it goes back down.  I know it's been this high before and then it tends to trend down for a while.

I definitely jumped too early.  I didn't really understand why it was trending up without any real news so I decided to take some profits.  Mostly, I was trying to free up capital to get it into a couple of other winners.  

My philosophy is basically to ride my ones going up (NVDA) and keep pumping more in.

I'm definitely long on the stock...just figured I'd take some profit and then get back in again.  I'm watching it pretty closely...it wouldn't surprise me to see it trend back down to the .10 marker over the next week as people take profit.
View All Quotes

Guessing where DPLS at now is the floor. Likely won't go back to sub 10c? Suppose unless you're day trading it doesn't matter when it's this cheap if you're long for it. When will DPLS begin trading in the NASDAQ?

I'm not sure on the floor.  It's had a heavy resistance at the .09 marker...Not sure when, or if, it goes back down.  I know it's been this high before and then it tends to trend down for a while.

Originally Posted By jb31:

I wanted to sell some to pick up more GFS, but I let it ride.  I have a few others I would like lower my position in, but am in too deep currently.  Decided I would keep one of the few that is actually going up for a minute.

I definitely jumped too early.  I didn't really understand why it was trending up without any real news so I decided to take some profits.  Mostly, I was trying to free up capital to get it into a couple of other winners.  

My philosophy is basically to ride my ones going up (NVDA) and keep pumping more in.

I'm definitely long on the stock...just figured I'd take some profit and then get back in again.  I'm watching it pretty closely...it wouldn't surprise me to see it trend back down to the .10 marker over the next week as people take profit.

Between just gaming and mining, NVDA will be a good long term pick I think.  That's not even counting on embedded systems or automation or some of the other less visible things they are getting into.
Link Posted: 11/18/2021 10:22:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: apexcrusade] [#28]

View All Quotes

A closed end fund that deals in Collateralized Loan Obligations - CLOs -  they, OXLC and XFLT are the only players in that space.

Distinct from the CDOs (mortgages - collateralized Debt Obligations)  that caused the GFC, these are primarily BDC loans (Biz Development Cos) - loans to middle market companies that are not doable by the conventional  banking system since too large and risk is outside their norm,  so a Business Development Company fills that niche.  Examples - ARCC, PSEC, ORCC and so forth.  The BDCs sometimes take an equity and management stake and the loans have a higher idiosynchratic risk than a normal bank can accept, so the loans are bundled to offset the individual risk. Include senior secured/unsecured, mezzanine, etc, all types of loans in the capital stack.    ECC, OXLC, etc trade those.

edit;  I see in my initial post on this topic I confused the two - CDO's vs CLO's, now corrected  - my bad!
Link Posted: 11/18/2021 10:30:11 AM EDT
[#29]
Today is the day, I can feel it.
Link Posted: 11/18/2021 10:31:58 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Malbec:
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/18/2021 10:32:12 AM EDT
[#31]
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/18/2021 10:39:19 AM EDT
[#32]
Jumped in SEV at $42
Link Posted: 11/18/2021 10:39:34 AM EDT
[#33]
My moves at the opening bell:

Bought 1700 more DPLS

Bought 100 more MVIS

Bought 7 more NVDA

Sold 2 TSLA premarket.
Link Posted: 11/18/2021 10:48:45 AM EDT
[#34]
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/18/2021 10:53:25 AM EDT
[#35]

There's a psychological floor at 300.  The days of cheap NVDA shares are over.  I was lucky(smart) enough to buy yesterday when the bears were beating it down.
View All Quotes

You did good, wish I had been paying attention.  Crazy volume this morning, already over 21 million shares in the first 20 minutes
Link Posted: 11/18/2021 10:53:41 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By tornadochaser:
My moves at the opening bell:

Bought 1700 more DPLS

Bought 100 more MVIS

Bought 7 more NVDA

Sold 2 TSLA premarket.
View Quote

So that’s why it’s crashing?
Link Posted: 11/18/2021 10:55:27 AM EDT
[#37]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By amanbearpig:

https://c.tenor.com/BsWx9O_ffDAAAAAC/cirno-malbec.gif

Link Posted: 11/18/2021 10:56:05 AM EDT
[#38]
Well my Vegas trip went about like my MVIS holdings so I can't afford any more NVIDIA
Link Posted: 11/18/2021 10:56:11 AM EDT
[#39]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Jarcese:

Was thinking the same damn thing
Link Posted: 11/18/2021 10:58:22 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Kuraki:
Well my Vegas trip went about like my MVIS holdings so I can't afford any more NVIDIA
View Quote

If you lost as much as I have on MVIS Vegas will want you back. Get ready for all the comp offers for the next 6 months.
Link Posted: 11/18/2021 11:08:34 AM EDT
[#41]
Damn, Mvis wtf?
Link Posted: 11/18/2021 11:12:14 AM EDT
[#42]
Damn, Mvis wtf?
View Quote

I’m patient but not sure how much longer I can hold out watching my gains evaporate daily with almost no upside.
Link Posted: 11/18/2021 11:12:36 AM EDT
[#43]
Damn, Mvis wtf?
View Quote

Everything just dumped, what's the news?
Link Posted: 11/18/2021 11:15:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Admiral_Crunch] [#44]
I realized I had free cash sitting in my less-used brokerage account from selling off all my SENS.  Just bought 750 more shares of MVIS at 8.18.  Hopefully I'm not getting speared through the palm by a falling knife.
Link Posted: 11/18/2021 11:18:11 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By TinSpinner:

If you lost as much as I have on MVIS Vegas will want you back. Get ready for all the comp offers for the next 6 months.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TinSpinner:
Originally Posted By Kuraki:

Lmfao, im dead.

I can see all the offers coming in email…Live in vegas comped rooms for free until june🤣
Link Posted: 11/18/2021 11:20:19 AM EDT
[#46]

Distinct from the CDOs (mortgages - collateralized Debt Obligations)  that caused the GFC, these are primarily BDC loans (Biz Development Cos) - loans to middle market companies that are not doable by the conventional  banking system since too large and risk is outside their norm,  so a Business Development Company fills that niche.  Examples - ARCC, PSEC, ORCC and so forth.  The BDCs sometimes take an equity and management stake and the loans have a higher idiosynchratic risk than a normal bank can accept, so the loans are bundled to offset the individual risk. Include senior secured/unsecured, mezzanine, etc, all types of loans in the capital stack.    ECC, OXLC, etc trade those.

edit;  I see in my initial post on this topic I confused the two - CDO's vs CLO's, now corrected  - my bad!
View Quote

High risk, I like it!
Link Posted: 11/18/2021 11:22:38 AM EDT
[#47]
All the calls I sold on MVIS are looking solid. Even the $8.5 one.
Link Posted: 11/18/2021 11:25:46 AM EDT
[#48]

High risk, I like it!
View All Quotes

High risk, I like it!

Sort of cyclical but it pays to hold through the downturns.  Having an appropriate amount  definitely helps to bump up the old income in the portfolio!
Link Posted: 11/18/2021 11:28:24 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By BM-ARM-DPMS-guns:

I’m patient but not sure how much longer I can hold out watching my gains evaporate daily with almost no upside.
View Quote

What really bothers me is the combination of our competitors landing deals, nothing coming our way.
We seemingly squandered an opportunity earlier this year, which could have paved the way into possibly more deals coming our way (who wants to be the first to test this technology in their vehicles? Lawsuits and liability etc)

Mvis said they pushed production back 6 months didn’t they? Was supposed to start end of this year…

Opportunity loss, i dont mind holding but the combination of mistakes i made with OTC junk this year, holding stocks like mvis and bbig which im down roughly 50% on… and seeing my typical investments in my portfolios continue to rip really puts salt in the wound(s).

I honestly dont think i was ever down 50% on any stocks prior to this year. Ive gone way off track. Im gonna mark 2021 up as the year of the meme stocks. Im still up over 30% for the year, but just imagining what i would have done without the crap i had to sell off.. I imagine id be doing much better.
Link Posted: 11/18/2021 11:29:04 AM EDT
[#50]
Damn, Mvis wtf?
View Quote

Every single 15m candle today is red and huge. Straight down.
Page / 1714
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top