Link Posted: 12/16/2021 9:39:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Vengeance6661:
Premarket looking juicy
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/16/2021 9:41:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: KaiK] [#3]
Oh no, BBIG what are you doing?  Don't go up too much until next week. Attachment Attached File

Trying to break out.
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 10:05:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By KaiK:
Oh no, BBIG what are you doing?  Don't go up too much until next week. https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/173565/Screenshot_20211216-074218_thinkorswim_j-2206026.JPG

Trying to break out.
View Quote

It's up 2.03%!!
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 10:34:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: PepePewPew] [#5]
Originally Posted By apexcrusade:

It's up 2.03%!!
View Quote

BBIG oof, 3.01 to 2.90 at the open.

MVIS took 14 minutes to drop into the red.
Another day, another $500.
This week would be looking a lot better if I'd sold calls on all my BBIG instead of just 1000 shares.
Oh, my. Both went green while I was typing the previous three sentences.
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 10:51:53 AM EDT
[#6]
T could be something to get in to at this price.  Probably grab 2 more dividends at 52 cents and then shares of the newco  later next year.  I have enough of it at the moment otherwise might load up.  That's 9%+ for the next dividend in JAN
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 10:55:07 AM EDT
[#7]
T could be something to get in to at this price.  Probably grab 2 more dividends at 52 cents and then shares of the newco  later next year.  I have enough of it at the moment otherwise might load up.  That's 9%+ for the next dividend in JAN
View Quote

How can a company that earns 0.13 per year pay 0.52 per qtr in dividends?
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 10:55:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By PepePewPew:

This week would be looking a lot better if I'd sold calls on all my BBIG instead of just 1000 shares.
View Quote

BBIG trying hard to break out.  I've got a buy in at 2.81. Trying to get to 3k shares.
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 10:57:50 AM EDT
[#9]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Oh I think their  dividend margin is something like 60%, so plenty of room right there.  The company pulls in so much cash each quarter.  They will make over $3 share earnings this quarter.
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 11:03:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Sold more $3 BBIG puts for 0.17.
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 11:05:03 AM EDT
[#11]

Oh I think their  dividend margin is something like 60%, so plenty of room right there.  The company pulls in so much cash each quarter.  They will make over $3 share earnings this quarter.
View Quote

They had some nonrecurring losses in the TTM earnings?
I didn't look at the details, just the EPS and yield.
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 11:06:11 AM EDT
[#12]
Another shit day.
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 11:33:21 AM EDT
[#13]
Wow!  Look at this from PenFed!

The rate on your Premium Online Savings
account has increased!

You’re now earning

0.55% APY¹
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 11:38:36 AM EDT
[#14]
Wow!  Look at this from PenFed!

The rate on your Premium Online Savings
account has increased!

You’re now earning

0.55% APY¹
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/16/2021 11:48:23 AM EDT
[#15]
And damn, look at ABBV!  Pretty soon I will have doubled my investment on this - bought it during the market swoon in March 2020.  Wish I had more of that.  Can't take profit on it until next year, though.
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 11:57:17 AM EDT
[#16]
DPLS down in the ought-sixes.. time to load the wagon?
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 11:57:52 AM EDT
[#17]
Well, I guessed wrong on crypto stocks this morning.  
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 12:49:37 PM EDT
[#18]
added more APPL and NVID

finally have a 100 Shares of NVID - Options time
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 1:08:07 PM EDT
[#19]
So much sale, so little powder
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 1:10:58 PM EDT
[#20]

BBIG trying hard to break out.  I've got a buy in at 2.81. Trying to get to 3k shares.
View Quote

There goes 2.90.
You might get your wish.
In which case my 0.17 $3 puts will look pretty stupid.
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 1:17:29 PM EDT
[#21]

View Quote

As is tradition. I try not to look at premarket anymore because it is fantasy land b.s.
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 1:21:42 PM EDT
[#22]
All
Red
Again

Would be nice to put together back to back days.
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 1:23:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KaiK] [#23]

There goes 2.90.
You might get your wish.
In which case my 0.17 $3 puts will look pretty stupid.
View Quote

I don't know.  It's not looking like it's going to dip that low.

It's strange. The price dropped but the $3 strike calls went up. And someone is trying to buy a bunch for .06.
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 2:08:58 PM EDT
[#24]
I put all of my MINE up for sale.  Enough is enough.
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 3:08:24 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 3:12:04 PM EDT
[#26]
View Quote

My 5.80 order just doesn't want to hit.
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 3:13:08 PM EDT
[#27]

View All Quotes

Just wait
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 3:23:09 PM EDT
[#28]

View Quote

Should have hit now.
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 4:08:42 PM EDT
[#29]
BBIG is doing an excellent job of burning theta.
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 4:11:47 PM EDT
[#30]
IGEX is my top performer at 0.00% gain for the day.
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 4:22:53 PM EDT
[#31]
So what's crashing the market today?
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 4:23:24 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By myfakename:
IGEX is my top performer at 0.00% gain for the day.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/16/2021 4:34:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: apexcrusade] [#33]
Originally Posted By nolan7120:
So what's crashing the market today?
View Quote

i do think it's reaction from the FED's position stated yesterday.  Market was apprehensive prior, once the news was out the market seemed to settle and head upward - this as a result of removing some unknowns via the FED position, even thought higher rates and tapering would seem to be not good news for the market, it went up since now those unknowns are known, market doesn't like uncertainty.  Now the news having been thoroughly digested, the downward trend I think is a more rational reaction as strategies to reposition assets, etc, are taking place.
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 4:36:54 PM EDT
[#34]
Quite a contrast to the rule under Trump;

Bidenflation will cost families an additional $3,500 this year, impacting low-income families the hardest, a study released Wednesday showed.

According to the University of Pennsylvania’s Wharton School’s budget model, Americans on average will have to spend $3,500 more in 2021 to sustain their consumption of years past in 2019 and 2020.

The study also suggests low-income families will be disproportionally impacted. The study estimated lower-income families will have to spend seven percent more money to maintain their previous consumption patterns, while higher-income families will only have to spend six percent more.

“Lower-income groups spent relatively more on food, energy, and shelter, while higher-income groups spent relatively more on other commodities and services,” the study states.

Across the consumption basket of income groups, the bottom 20 percent of families saw the price of their consumption increase 6.8 percent, or $2,120.
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 4:48:23 PM EDT
[#35]
I'm guessing everyone is moving from spec stocks to known safety. All my dividend growth stocks are 1-3% up and all my spec and tech are down including the big five (AMZN, AAPL, FB, GOOGL, and MSFT)

i cant explain the 7% jump in T but I'm not complaining.
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 6:00:28 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By kered:
I'm guessing everyone is moving from spec stocks to known safety. All my dividend growth stocks are 1-3% up and all my spec and tech are down including the big five (AMZN, AAPL, FB, GOOGL, and MSFT)

View Quote

T announced the next dividend plus some analysis went out positive for the company.  Otherwise, who knows.
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 6:12:04 PM EDT
[#37]

T announced the next dividend plus some analysis went out positive for the company.  Otherwise, who knows.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By kered:

Ratings upgrade from Morgan Stanley.
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 7:20:18 PM EDT
[#38]
TCRI less than .50 right now but made a big move today.

could be big
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 8:29:19 PM EDT
[#39]
Those breadcrumbs seem to be getting vacuumed up..

VW, Bosch to cooperate on automotive software, report says

Bosch also has their own long range lidar. If VW is partnering with them for software they'll likely partner with them for lidar too I'm guessing. Bleh.
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 8:32:26 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Total53:
@Osprey61

Noticed that you are posting more, hope this means you're feeling better health wise.

Spotted something the other day in r/MVIS and wanted your take.
Couple of users were discussing the possibility that MSFT negotiated a "first right of refusal" with the $10M LBS/NED engine licensing deal.
This might explain Sumit's perceived neglect of that vertical and concentration on Lidar.

Just has me thinking, any color you can provide or possible outcome of this scenario would be appreciated.

https://media.giphy.com/media/kiLq8SSDcewve/giphy.gif
View Quote

Thanks Total53, I am doing well and very thankful they discovered my mis-diagnosis before it metastasized. Drove 90 miles round trip in a snow storm today for chemo and my consult...doctor says chemically the cancer is completely gone, but I'll stay on heavy doses of these new (miracle, not kidding) drugs before they do another PET scan three months from now and decide if I can go to a maintenance schedule. Fuck cancer.

The frustrating part of the deal is the absolute cone of silence that came down over the details. People much smarter than me have done all kind of accounting gymnastics to try and work backwards from revenue/known units sold, and I still don't think anyone has a good understanding that isn't built largely on conjecture...

...and that's the royalty side, where we have some slight visibility. In terms of, um, terms, Microsoft dictated that agreement when Microvision was on the ropes, and MSFT has a reputation for being absolutely ruthless in that kind of situation. I doubt they gave MVIS anything they didn't have to, and wrote the conditions with an eye to keeping it that way.

The Defense Bill looks like it'll pass, and it includes almost $900M for Army (and there's huge interest from the other branches and allied forces) IVAS, NVG and associated support. I'd like to think that's an awfully strong inducement for MSFT to make Sumit an offer he can't refuse on LBS/NED, but he's make a couple of interesting remarks in the last year that sure sounded like MSFT might have poisoned the well. I honestly hope that's not true, and two things happen. The first is the Army's decision to field IVAS in 2022 ramps the royalties so quickly we retire the obligation by 2Q22, and secondly MSFT's competitors start lifting the veil on the consumer side and literally pour gas on the fire. If MSFT did include a right of first refusal, it would be nice to see Sumit forego the carrot and go heavy with the stick. Their refusal to admit the secret sauce in the Hololens was a Microvision projector (two, actually) until S2pid tore one apart was damn near unforgivable.
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 10:15:34 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 10:28:50 PM EDT
[#42]

"Wear a MVIS polo. Go to each booth and ask to speak with the person handling the MVIS partnership. Report back here"

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 11:37:36 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By rollin-tumblin:

"Wear a MVIS polo. Go to each booth and ask to speak with the person handling the MVIS partnership. Report back here"

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/tumblr_lka9rhi8aT1qadbq2o1_400_GIF-121.gif
/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/raw_zps8b7lgmna_GIF-128.gif
View Quote

We could use a little nudge in the right direction
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 12:04:29 AM EDT
[#44]
View Quote
Fido says my total gain/loss is -100% on that.  
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 12:22:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: KaiK] [#45]
Tomorrow seems like a day someone would try a squeeze on BBIG. Maybe I shouldn't have covered all my shares.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 12:58:25 AM EDT
[#46]

Link Posted: 12/17/2021 8:00:20 AM EDT
[#47]
Tomorrow seems like a day someone would try a squeeze on BBIG. Maybe I shouldn't have covered all my shares.
View Quote

HA! According to Investor Place, that bastion of truth and financial information, BBIG is just spinning it's wheels and burning thru cash!

Link Posted: 12/17/2021 8:13:42 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By JarheadPatriot:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JarheadPatriot:

Appears that I cannot give it away.  it is still there.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 8:43:06 AM EDT
[#49]
So what is the best way to handle losses for the year?? Sell and get a break on taxes?? What is the best way to do that?
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 8:45:56 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By 8upwitHDs:

So what is the best way to handle losses for the year?? Sell and get a break on taxes?? What is the best way to do that?
View Quote

Decide which stocks you no longer want to hold at a loss - I have been doing this all week.  Some, such as TDOC, I don't think will get back into the green for several years so I am selling all, taking the loss and will buy back at much lower price once out of the wash sale rules period.

As far as the math, you reduce your capital gains by capital losses and reduce the amount you would owe taxes on.   Losses offset gains.
Page / 1714
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top