User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 1713
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 5:00:31 PM EDT
[#1]
BBIG closed over 4.  Was a battle there for the last 30 seconds or so
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 5:01:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Oh she did it, BBIG closed above $4 Fuck'n A.

Link Posted: 1/14/2022 5:13:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By clausewitz8:

If you were trying to prove to me you don't get it, you succeeded.

Look at this wild as shit going on in Exxon too! 77.5 doesn't equal 78 and the bid's between those two options is only $0.01!!!! Things are fishy everywhere, it's all rigged!!

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/360527/XOM_PNG-2240327.JPG
View Quote

The crazy decimal things are partial fills at different prices.

Link Posted: 1/14/2022 5:15:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Vengeance6661:
Little win for me fellas. Got our of PMI on our mortgage. Another $105/mo back in my pocket. Only took four years to pay down 20%. I'll take some pats on the back....or butt
View Quote

PMI is one of the biggest scams ever. The guy who started BBRB probably invented it.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 5:16:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By shblackdragon:

ask for MVIS Jan 28th '5 on etrade jumped to 0.40. weird.
View Quote

That is a big jump.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 5:17:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Total53:
Oh she did it, BBIG closed above $4 Fuck'n A.

https://media.giphy.com/media/5jz89jJeyNFSj9pIuD/giphy.gif
View Quote

Yes.  I think I messed up.  
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 5:21:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By apexcrusade:
After Hours - it's like the wild, wild west!   Here we go!!!
View Quote

I got in SBEV this morning and got out before it closed. My BBIG is almost green, my SENS is green wtf?
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 5:28:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By KaiK:

PMI is one of the biggest scams ever. The guy who started BBRB probably invented it.
View Quote

It really is. Oh you can't afford to put 20% down? Well now we're going to charge you even more monthly just to make you extra poorer.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 5:29:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Little win for me fellas. Got our of PMI on our mortgage. Another $105/mo back in my pocket. Only took four years to pay down 20%. I'll take some pats on the back....or butt
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/14/2022 5:44:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Last time BBIG did this kind of volume on a Friday. Look at the next day.  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 5:46:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: clausewitz8] [#11]

Since we've already sold calls on this out-of-control motherfucker, how do we protect ourselves?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Options are priced according to  their intrinsic value - if you have a contract to buy for $75 per share and it's $80 per share, your intrinsic value is $5 per share. 100 share = $500 and their extrinsic value - Your extrinsic value is the value of time and price fluctuations. How that's calculated is complicated but it follows a mathematical formula called the black scholes model. What we don't know and have no way of knowing is the future price of the stock when your option expires. How that's priced in is through something called implied volatility.

Implied volatility isn't arbitrary, it's whatever gets you to the current price given the other factors (extrinsic and intrinsic) that make up the model. You solve for X just like algebra back in school. If IV is climbing that means possiblities for large fluctuations are being priced into the model & you're either paying for that potential (buying) or being compensated for that potential (selling). If you're selling potentially huge fluctuations, it's not smart to not protect yourself against the possibility that you're wrong. Because you're not adequately compensated for that risk being realized.

Like for example if you took a job with the potential for getting permanently crippled or killed, you'll get paid extra for taking that risk & you're willing to take the risk because you think the odds nothing will happen are still very much in your favor. Perfectly reasonable, but the higher that risk you'll be crippled becomes then the less attractive the higher salary becomes. So you'd be smart to buy insurance if you're gonna take that risk because your salary isn't going to be enough to cover you losing your legs or something. If you're only thinking in terms of the salary, you're not seeing the whole picture, right? I'm trying to explain how to see the whole picture.

Since we've already sold calls on this out-of-control motherfucker, how do we protect ourselves?

Don't enter into financial contracts you don't understand, this book will explain everything you want to know.

But a summary would be don't do it in the first place, actively monitor it and buy back or roll them up and out if the risk vs reward gets out of whack, buy options at a higher strike price (cheaper) to capture those gains for yourself if it blows the top off, sell spreads instead of CCs (buy a $4 call and sell a $5 call), wait it out and hope the price falls back before expiration, eat the losses and consider it payment for an education, buy shares right now to reduce your exposure (not what you're trying to accomplish overall but it fixes today's problem), buy synthetic stock positions if you're sure (buy a call and sell a put - this is functiunally equivalent to buying shares - how that works is explained in the link above but a summary would be: stock = call - put + strike - interest + dividend or rearranged stock = call - put + strike.

There's endless more possibilities but they're significantly more complicated. And involve an understanding of the underlying components of option pricing in order to protect against whichever specific greek you're most exposed to suffering from on your trade be that delta, gamma, vega, theta, rho or IV. (well it's not rho actually, it's not been rho in 40 years - rho is interest expense - it's the price you pay/get for borrowing or lending the inherent leverage in options).

I probably missed some shit, so this is not financial advice.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 5:51:45 PM EDT
[#12]

It really is. Oh you can't afford to put 20% down? Well now we're going to charge you even more monthly just to make you extra poorer.
View Quote

Exactly.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 5:54:25 PM EDT
[#13]

Don't enter into financial contracts you don't understand, this book will explain everything you want to know.

But a summary would be don't do it in the first place, actively monitor it and buy back or roll them up and out if the risk vs reward gets out of whack, buy options at a higher strike price (cheaper) to capture those gains for yourself if it blows the top off, sell spreads instead of CCs (buy a $4 call and sell a $5 call), wait it out and hope the price falls back before expiration, eat the losses and consider it payment for an education, buy shares right now to reduce your exposure (not what you're trying to accomplish overall but it fixes today's problem), buy synthetic stock positions if you're sure (buy a call and sell a put - this is functiunally equivalent to buying shares - how that works is explained in the link above but a summary would be: stock = call - put + strike - interest + dividend or rearranged stock = call - put + strike.

There's endless more possibilities but they're significantly more complicated. And involve an understanding of the underlying components of option pricing in order to protect against whichever specific greek you're most exposed to suffering from on your trade be that delta, gamma, vega, theta, rho or IV. (well it's not rho actually, it's not been rho in 40 years - rho is interest expense - it's the price you pay/get for borrowing or lending the inherent leverage in options).

View Quote

Out and up is what I usually do. You usually can get an extra $1 up for a month out on crazy volatile stuff.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 6:02:24 PM EDT
[#14]

Out and up is what I usually do. You usually can get an extra $1 up for a month out on crazy volatile stuff.
View Quote

That's my plan if it runs next week. Up and out easy peasy.
Plus the strike is close to my cost basis, so for me no loss just profit.
Only wish I would have waited a few hours, could have snagged another $20 a contract.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 6:08:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: clausewitz8] [#15]

View All Quotes

If you were trying to prove to me you don't get it, you succeeded.

Look at this wild as shit going on in Exxon too! 77.5 doesn't equal 78 and the bid's between those two options is only $0.01!!!! Things are fishy everywhere, it's all rigged!!

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/360527/XOM_PNG-2240327.JPG

What exactly are you saying, because I'm not following?

I was showing there's not necessarily a direct relationship between the bid-ask and strike price and used two decimal places to do so. Which is the extent you can put orders into, it's not limited to the 0.05 if that's what you meant (see below). People doing taker orders crossing the bid-ask also has no bearing on my original point either. Maybe I'm just totally misunderstanding things here, which happens all the time

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/14/2022 6:14:06 PM EDT
[#16]

View Quote

Right? We need insurance if you fuck up. Bittttccccchhhh you already have my fucking house as collateral!!!!
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 6:31:29 PM EDT
[#17]

That is a big jump.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By shblackdragon:

ask for MVIS Jan 28th '5 on etrade jumped to 0.40. weird.

That is a big jump.

This is likely MMs taking the day off and leaving the junior traders in charge. Sell orders cancelled before they take off for the 3 day weekend. No one is actually buying at that price.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 6:34:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Vengeance6661] [#18]
Originally Posted By steviesterno16:

Right? We need insurance if you fuck up. Bittttccccchhhh you already have my fucking house as collateral!!!!
View Quote

It's Ludacris. So to get it paid down I had to put some big money towards the principal as we only put 10% down four years ago. Whatever they're not getting a free extra $105 from me anymore. That's like an extra 27 MVIS shares per month now.

Also

Link Posted: 1/14/2022 6:35:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Had a good day on one of my spec stocks, $SIRC.  Up 24% today.  

they actually have revenue and everything!
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 6:38:17 PM EDT
[#20]

That's my plan if it runs next week. Up and out easy peasy.
Plus the strike is close to my cost basis, so for me no loss just profit.
Only wish I would have waited a few hours, could have snagged another $20 a contract.
View Quote

Exactly.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 6:40:39 PM EDT
[#21]

It's Ludacris. So to get it paid down I had to put some big money towards the principal as we only put 10% down four years ago. Whatever they're not getting a free extra $105 from me anymore. That's like an extra 27 MVIS shares per month now.

Also

https://i.ibb.co/Cn9HJQX/RDT-20220114-1612471111264875966200217.jpg
View Quote

I thought you were amanbearpig for a second there.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 6:41:20 PM EDT
[#22]

What exactly are you saying, because I'm not following?

I was showing there's not necessarily a direct relationship between the bid-ask and strike price and used two decimal places to do so. Which is the extent you can put orders into, it's not limited to the 0.05 if that's what you meant (see below). People doing taker orders crossing the bid-ask also has no bearing on my original point either. Maybe I'm just totally misunderstanding things here, which happens all the time

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/360527/limit_PNG-2240427.JPG
View Quote

I must have missed the first post. I'm not sure what you are saying.
I was talking about crazy decimal place price of stock. That's just an order that got filled at different prices and they were added together and divided by the number if shares.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 6:47:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By CajunMojo:

I thought you were amanbearpig for a second there.
View Quote

Maybe I am
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 6:51:04 PM EDT
[#24]

View Quote

Just an options noob here, but one thing I do (or at least try) is to not sell calls on all my shares. Doesn't help now if you already did, but something to take note of for the future. I sold 15 calls for varying strikes prices that are all above my highest cost shares and still have 2k shares to let ride.

I'm still bagholding BSQR because I couldn't sell in the summer run-up because all my shares were covered during the spike. I guess if factoring in the premium received, I'm not bagholding (or they're very light) but I don't like to look at it that way since they're separate taxable transactions.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 7:01:05 PM EDT
[#25]
That was a wild day. I hope the fomo doesn't falter over the 3 day weekend.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 7:03:41 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By nolan7120:

Just an options noob here, but one thing I do (or at least try) is to not sell calls on all my shares. Doesn't help now if you already did, but something to take note of for the future. I sold 15 calls for varying strikes prices that are all above my highest cost shares and still have 2k shares to let ride.

I'm still bagholding BSQR because I couldn't sell in the summer run-up because all my shares were covered during the spike. I guess if factoring in the premium received, I'm not bagholding (or they're very light) but I don't like to look at it that way since they're separate taxable transactions.
View Quote

I sell on all mine.  And if the stock is doing crazy things I will sell in the money ones below the average price.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 7:05:32 PM EDT
[#27]
I need to start a rumor.

I heard from a guy that all the automakers signed deals with MVIS for lidar systems that are being mandated by the EU.  
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 7:11:23 PM EDT
[#28]
I need to start a rumor.

I heard from a guy that all the automakers signed deals with MVIS for lidar systems that are being mandated by the EU.  
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/14/2022 7:11:30 PM EDT
[#29]

View Quote

Great link title...at least the first half, anyway. But want to know, or need to know? The difference has gotten me into a peck of trouble over the years.

Growing up, my mom used to tell me, "you're old enough for your wants not to hurt you". I heard that a lot.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 7:21:47 PM EDT
[#30]
Little MAVIS climbing after hours. Not much but shes climbing
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 7:25:03 PM EDT
[#31]
I need to start a rumor.

View Quote

No shit, I heard the same fucking thing. Better put an order in for more MVIS!

Link Posted: 1/14/2022 7:34:19 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Tango:
Little MAVIS climbing after hours. Not much but shes climbing
View Quote

That little problem Apple is having I was talking about earlier? Go into R/MVIS and read the "Apple may delay rollout..." thread. Not much "may" about it anymore. They're swamped with problems, in a division with 2,000 people that they've dumped buckets of money into. Apple builds different grades of products, true, but I just can't see their entrance into AR/VR being as a "you might also consider..." kind of deal.

The part I like is how almost eerily similar their development path is mirroring Microsoft's enroute to Hololens. Microsoft has a two or three year jump on almost everyone else at the high end now...how much anxiety does that drive for Apple and Facebook?
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 7:36:25 PM EDT
[#33]
Attachment Attached File

Oh yeah, think I messed up. I'm buying the dip Monday if there is one.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 7:43:33 PM EDT
[#34]
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/173565/Screenshot_20220114-172655_thinkorswim_j-2240514.JPG
Oh yeah, think I messed up. I'm buying the dip Monday if there is one.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/14/2022 7:45:52 PM EDT
[#35]
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/173565/Screenshot_20220114-172655_thinkorswim_j-2240514.JPG
Oh yeah, think I messed up. I'm buying the dip Monday Tuesday if there is one.
View Quote

FiFY
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 7:47:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Vengeance6661] [#36]
Originally Posted By Osprey61:

That little problem Apple is having I was talking about earlier? Go into R/MVIS and read the "Apple may delay rollout..." thread. Not much "may" about it anymore. They're swamped with problems, in a division with 2,000 people that they've dumped buckets of money into. Apple builds different grades of products, true, but I just can't see their entrance into AR/VR being as a "you might also consider..." kind of deal.

The part I like is how almost eerily similar their development path is mirroring Microsoft's enroute to Hololens. Microsoft has a two or three year jump on almost everyone else at the high end now...how much anxiety does that drive for Apple and Facebook?
View Quote

Sooooooo what you're saying is Apple or Meta is going to purchase MVIS AR vertical for a handsome price very very soon?? ?

Link Posted: 1/14/2022 7:49:37 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By rollin-tumblin:

FiFY
View Quote

Oh yes, I forgot.  What holiday is Monday anyway?
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 7:50:04 PM EDT
[#38]

Sooooooo what you're saying is Apple or Meta is going to purchase MVIS AR vertical for a handsome price very very soon?? ?

https://media1.giphy.com/media/YWHRCZjGWYJ6o/giphy.webp?cid=6c09b952d00f147f89811ebccfc831444f20bb7135f2d8ec&rid=giphy.webp&ct=g

View Quote

I like this rumor.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 7:50:57 PM EDT
[#39]
View Quote

All the fun.  
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 7:52:41 PM EDT
[#40]

https://media1.giphy.com/media/YWHRCZjGWYJ6o/giphy.webp?cid=6c09b952d00f147f89811ebccfc831444f20bb7135f2d8ec&rid=giphy.webp&ct=g

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Osprey61:

God please make it so.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 7:52:54 PM EDT
[#41]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By rollin-tumblin:

FiFY

Milk day
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 7:57:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: nolan7120] [#42]

I sell on all mine.  And if the stock is doing crazy things I will sell in the money ones below the average price.
View All Quotes

You sir, are way more experienced than myself. I remember reading your posts on options in the "DOW falls Under 25k" thread (or whatever it was called) and remember thinking to myself, "wtf is he talking about?" Lol. It's been coming together for me ever since, although this thread is what triggered it.

Edit: speaking of that thread, it would be cool if KatanaSword stopped by. I think he got burned bad by betting against a quick recovery, but dude seemed smart as hell and thoroughly enjoyed his posts. Some of the other guys in that thread were a bit arrogant but not him. Or yourself for that matter
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 8:10:15 PM EDT
[#43]

You sir, are way more experienced than myself. I remember reading your posts on options in the "DOW falls Under 25k" thread (or whatever it was called) and remember thinking to myself, "wtf is he talking about?" Lol. It's been coming together for me ever since, although this thread is what triggered it.

Edit: speaking of that thread, it would be cool if KatanaSword stopped by. I think he got burned bad by betting against a quick recovery, but dude seemed smart as hell and thoroughly enjoyed his posts. Some of the other guys in that thread were a bit arrogant but not him. Or yourself for that matter
View Quote

That thread beat the bear out of me. Everytime I made the right call and my puts would start printing the FED would come out with a statement. 30% up to -10% in a minute

Stonks go up!

Link Posted: 1/14/2022 8:16:09 PM EDT
[#44]
Took my wife to Newport for a couple days and didn't check my stocks. My $3.50 bbig calls for next week look good.
Mavis not so much
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 8:25:12 PM EDT
[#45]

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/14/2022 8:29:13 PM EDT
[#46]
What is the realistic bottom for MVIS?  I keep watching and waiting…….it already hit the 52 week low today.  Anyone think it will get to sub 1$
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 8:29:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: m6z] [#47]
I ended the day up 5%.  

Only another 35% to break even.  
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 8:33:19 PM EDT
[#48]
Well this place... (as in this place costs me so much money).  But today was the other way, but I still think I screwed up.

I have always been more of a park it in a MF and forget about it. Kind of investor. Well I feel like the overall market is nosebleed. So pulled my MF and went to cash, and it's killing me, with inflation. So been looking around, and started following this thread. Started thinking, maybe I should buy some stocks that are already well off there highs, since the market it so high over all.

When BBIG popped up, I jumped in at $2.89 then today I got nervous when it kept having trouble with $4 and so I ended up jumping out on one of the drops at $3.91. Dam, thanks guys But now looking at the after hrs I am starting to think I should have held, 3 day weekend on something like this makes me nervous though. I may buy back in Tus, depending on what I see.

Other things I am following MVIS, I was planing on buying it on Tus, dam looks like I missed the ball on that.  I really wanted to swap my BBIG for MVIS. lol and that was my plan, sell BBIG on close buy MVIS on open. BUT I guess we will see where things are when they open.  Picked up some of the top 3 below in the last week as a more buy hold sorta thing, and they seem to be doing the right thing. Bottom 3 are more tempting gamble.

HY
T
HCSG
SENS
SDC
ERBB

Just lol you guys have hooked another one. I am a nob and not willing to get into options at this time, bad taste from trading futures.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 8:36:04 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By trackstar55:
What is the realistic bottom for MVIS?  I keep watching and waiting…….it already hit the 52 week low today.  Anyone think it will get to sub 1$
View Quote

Did you see BBIG run today? Maybe if you wait long enough you can FOMO into MVIS?
No I don't think it goes down sub $1 or $2. Bottom may be right here. Charts are worthless due to shorting with 6x synthetic shares.

Link Posted: 1/14/2022 8:40:41 PM EDT
[#50]

View Quote

KatanaSword is a great guy and I have seen him do so much to help people on hear.  Last I heard he got banded and someone told me not to ask about it.  I would love to know why he got the ban hammer, cause he was such a good helpful member. I REALLY miss him.
Page / 1713
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top