[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By colt_thompson:

I don't see a lot of bad news coming out in fertilizers
I'm still buying MOS, UAN and CF
I feel they can double by late 3rd quarter
But I also bought BBIG at $7 so you shouldn't listen to me
View Quote

UAN has historically traded at 10x ebitda minus debt, rearward looking 12 months. That is 145ish today. 8 days from now should be $220ish. Its why the past 18 months are stair step. I bought more at $140. I am officially out of dry powder. 2k shares and 200 Nov Options.
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 12:59:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Musk purchases Twatter but can't throw a few fucking bucks the way of the best in class lidar?
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 1:00:15 PM EDT
[#4]

View Quote

...I bought BBIG at...ya, not gonna admit it, but over $7

Wouldn't fertilizer peak late 2Q?  Spring sales would be the high point?
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 1:09:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Osprey61] [#5]
Great video. Couple of points...the shorts (and competitor's stock holders) are already hyperventilating about the cooling fins. Guess I'd be attacking something...anything...I could at this point. They're being used because the testing is being done with a FPGA (Field Programmable Gate Array), instead of the ASIC the unit will run in the final config, which is much cooler. They really should have spared a few seconds to do a little technical explanation, but I understand keeping it at the whiz-bang level for a PR video. Some talk about overclocking for testing purposes too, but I'd be lying if I understood how you run a computer faster than it's intended limits.

The only manufacturer doing complex scenario, high speed maneuver testing. That's huge, and should have been foot-stomped, too. The "highway" design Volvo is testing only allows the system to be turned on when the system says it's safe to do so, and the parameters turn out to be highly restrictive. After one of Elon's autos hit an aircraft a day or so ago he has to be watching this pretty closely...or at least his engineers are.

You really begin to understand how incredibly complex this whole enterprise really is...computer vision, and active computer guidance based on that input is next level indeed. Starting to understand why Sumit says in many aspects this parallels the actual computer revolution.
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 1:10:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Osprey61] [#6]
Double tap...
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 1:19:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By rustyboy:

UAN has historically traded at 10x ebitda minus debt, rearward looking 12 months. That is 145ish today. 8 days from now should be $220ish. Its why the past 18 months are stair step. I bought more at $140. I am officially out of dry powder. 2k shares and 200 Nov Options.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I am watching these - might start one of them on this downturn which I do think it is nothing other than general market skittishness.  Can someone confirm whether UAN issues a K-1?  Seems they are a Ltd Prtnsrshp?

Thoughts on IPI?  I was going to start with this one.
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 1:26:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Osprey61:
Great video. Couple of points...the shorts (and competitor's stock holders) are already hyperventilating about the cooling fins. Guess I'd be attacking something...anything...I could at this point. They're being used because the testing is being done with a FPGA (Field Programmable Gate Array), instead of the ASIC the unit will run in the final config, which is much cooler. They really should have spared a few seconds to do a little technical explanation, but I understand keeping it at the whiz-bang level for a PR video. Some talk about overclocking for testing purposes too, but I'd be lying if I understood how you run a computer faster than it's intended limits.

The only manufacturer doing complex scenario, high speed maneuver testing. That's huge, and should have been foot-stomped, too. The "highway" design Volvo is testing only allows the system to be turned on when the system says it's safe to do so, and the parameters turn out to be highly restrictive. After one of Elon's autos hit an aircraft a day or so ago he has to be watching this pretty closely...or at least his engineers are.

You really begin to understand how incredibly complex this whole enterprise really is...computer vision, and active computer guidance based on that input is next level indeed. Starting to understand why Sumit says in many aspects this parallels the actual computer revolution.
View Quote

Even with cooling fins, it's not as bad as this abortion.

Link Posted: 4/25/2022 2:03:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 2:07:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 2:13:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By RyanEsstac:
Hopefully this doesn't screw me over, doing something I said I wouldn't. Transfered 100,000 DOGE to robinhood to turn into more MVIS shares. I'm just worried robinhood will report me receiving dogecoin to my own wallet as income.
View Quote
Why not just sell the DOGE and use the cash at whatever broker you'd prefer?

You're going to incur the same cap gains exchanging the DOGE for MVIS and then be on Robinhood with it?
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 2:15:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Hopefully this doesn't screw me over, doing something I said I wouldn't. Transfered 100,000 DOGE to robinhood to turn into more MVIS shares. I'm just worried robinhood will report me receiving dogecoin to my own wallet as income.
View Quote

You must have bought DOGE before I did for it to be considered as income now, mine would be a loss. It still has value but it's down by about 35-40% from when I got in.
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 2:18:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 2:19:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 2:25:16 PM EDT
[#15]

All of mine was mined and has been on a wallet on my PC from 2012
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TinSpinner:

You must have bought DOGE before I did for it to be considered as income now, mine would be a loss. It still has value but it's down by about 35-40% from when I got in.

All of mine was mined and has been on a wallet on my PC from 2012

I'm not smart enough to mine things that don't need shovels and picks to get to.
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 2:46:23 PM EDT
[#16]
View Quote

Is it common for DOGE to just jump 2 cents all at once like it did today?
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 2:52:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By KaiK:

I was joking because stock was up.
View Quote

Well, the 2.50 calls you sold when I sold 3.00 are starting to show signs of life.
I assume you're still in the green though.
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 2:52:54 PM EDT
[#18]
The musk/Twatter deal is a go
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 2:56:45 PM EDT
[#19]
View Quote

Why are you still using that trash app?
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 2:58:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By PepePewPew:

Well, the 2.50 calls you sold when I sold 3.00 are starting to show signs of life.
I assume you're still in the green though.
View Quote

Probably, I'll let you know when all my apps load on my new phone.
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 3:00:18 PM EDT
[#21]
View Quote
Not to be crass, but anyone still using RH after the AMC/GME debacle probably deserves whatever happens to them.....
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 3:01:57 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By apexcrusade:
The musk/Twatter deal is a go
View Quote

TWTR
Bid: 0.10 Ask: 500.00 Last: 51.63 Chg ($): 2.70 Vol: 117.88M
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 3:03:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Damn, what a day.
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 3:14:32 PM EDT
[#24]
GOFF   If Sharpe wins his court case on Thursday this could make good money.

if he loses it ain't going to be pretty.

Link Posted: 4/25/2022 3:15:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Osprey61:
Some talk about overclocking for testing purposes too, but I'd be lying if I understood how you run a computer faster than it's intended limits.
View Quote

Generally, overclocking involves dumping higher than normal voltages into the device/cpu/gpu and raising the clock rate.  

As you'd expect, this can drastically increase operating temps, which is why PC overclockers use really fancy cooling.
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 3:41:54 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 4:35:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rustyboy] [#27]

I am watching these - might start one of them on this downturn which I do think it is nothing other than general market skittishness.  Can someone confirm whether UAN issues a K-1?  Seems they are a Ltd Prtnsrshp?

View Quote

UAN is a k1-issuing limited partnership. They pay no taxes, you do as owner. Options in the ira, shares in cash account.  Its not really a big deal.

Typically spring is peak pricing for nitrogen. It wasn't last year and probably won't be this year. EU used to make 10ish % and Russia and Ukraine each about 10%. Nat gas in EU is so high most plants are shuttered or are being paid by government to run, as CO2 for dry ice is a required byproduct of ammonia production. Most Russian leaves through Black sea, which isn't happening.  Global demand has never been higher, as wheat and corn are at record prices and use most of it. Russian production may make its way over to India as urea. Natural gas in EU is driving force for ammonia floor. It takes 34MMBTUs of natural gas to make a ton of ammonia. Dutch ttf is above $30 for the next 11 months. Do the math.

Over the next two quarters, uan should distribute nearly $30/share.
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 4:54:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tango] [#28]
Originally Posted By CajunMojo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgxbKIjmhWU
View Quote

Nice video. Come on sweet baby MVIS fly. Also I hear were getting Ponies...

Edit: I stole this from one of you guys.
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 5:05:03 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 5:05:37 PM EDT
[#30]

Is there any other app I could transfer doge to and buy stocks with?

I haven't paid much attention the past 6 months if others have added that.
View Quote

Probably not, that doss sound a little crazy.  
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 5:07:56 PM EDT
[#31]

Doge on a wallet has to be transferred to some exchange where you can sell it.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Kuraki:
Why not just sell the DOGE and use the cash at whatever broker you'd prefer?

You're going to incur the same cap gains exchanging the DOGE for MVIS and then be on Robinhood with it?

Doge on a wallet has to be transferred to some exchange where you can sell it.
I see now.  I misunderstood.
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 5:08:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KaiK] [#32]
BBIG news:

Adrizer LLC 2021 Financial Statements
View Quote

I hate reading balance sheets.

Everyone else does too I guess as it didn't change BBIGs price.
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 5:09:09 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Tango:

https://i.imgur.com/xZNABJT.png
View Quote

@amanbearpig is the resident Sharmatizer.
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 5:13:41 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By KaiK:

I hate reading balance sheets.

Everyone else does too I guess as it didn't change BBIGs price.
View Quote

So read the income statement and compare 2021 to 2020
I'd like to make 9 years' pay from my ESOP benefits. And that's for the whole company on average.

Compensation, benefits and payroll taxes   1,306,049    1,352,748
Stock appreciation rights compensation expense   9,870,542    1,275,748
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 5:17:42 PM EDT
[#35]

View All Quotes

I think he made that.
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 5:36:28 PM EDT
[#36]

UAN is a k1-issuing limited partnership. They pay no taxes, you do as owner. Options in the ira, shares in cash account.  Its not really a big deal.

Typically spring is peak pricing for nitrogen. It wasn't last year and probably won't be this year. EU used to make 10ish % and Russia and Ukraine each about 10%. Nat gas in EU is so high most plants are shuttered or are being paid by government to run, as CO2 for dry ice is a required byproduct of ammonia production. Most Russian leaves through Black sea, which isn't happening.  Global demand has never been higher, as wheat and corn are at record prices and use most of it. Russian production may make its way over to India as urea. Natural gas in EU is driving force for ammonia floor. It takes 34MMBTUs of natural gas to make a ton of ammonia. Dutch ttf is above $30 for the next 11 months. Do the math.

View All Quotes

Obliged for that recap.
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 5:49:15 PM EDT
[#37]

So read the income statement and compare 2021 to 2020
I'd like to make 9 years' pay from my ESOP benefits. And that's for the whole company on average.

Compensation, benefits and payroll taxes   1,306,049    1,352,748
Stock appreciation rights compensation expense   9,870,542    1,275,748
View Quote

Score for them.
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 6:09:59 PM EDT
[#38]
Bbig up 5.7%, May 6th $3 calls are only $4. If anyone wants bbig to moon, let me sell a bunch of these to ensure the price goes up.
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 6:10:58 PM EDT
[#39]

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/25/2022 6:46:32 PM EDT
[#40]
View Quote

When a bored KIA mechanic starts a troll thread...naw, I shouldn't, that would be in poor taste.
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 7:02:13 PM EDT
[#41]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Total53:

https://media.giphy.com/media/JmNx7jCGRfkgmBqD8Y/giphy.gif

Key reason to invest for me...
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 7:06:37 PM EDT
[#42]

When a bored KIA mechanic starts a troll thread...naw, I shouldn't, that would be in poor taste.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/25/2022 7:09:53 PM EDT
[#43]
View Quote

Maybe if I hide the image behind a spoiler tag?
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 7:14:55 PM EDT
[#44]

View Quote

Ok Tango here's your chance. I have about $30k worth of powder that will be dry in the morning.

Link Posted: 4/25/2022 7:26:32 PM EDT
[#45]

Ok Tango here's your chance. I have about $30k worth of powder that will be dry in the morning.

https://media.giphy.com/media/9lzQcmIgQAs9KHfeRn/giphy.gif
View All Quotes

https://media.giphy.com/media/9lzQcmIgQAs9KHfeRn/giphy.gif
Frozen concentrate orange juice
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 8:10:32 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Rumrunner358:
Frozen concentrate orange juice
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/25/2022 8:14:09 PM EDT
[#47]
Wow.

As of 8PM, I'm in the green on the MVIS I bought last week, and if I include the options premiums from the covered calls, the BBIG too.
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 10:39:22 PM EDT
[#48]

View Quote

Canadian farmers (and northern US ones) will get a late start because they still have snow; a quick search says maybe early to mid may at best.  

Would this, plus what you list above push the peak back much?

Looks like early june peak last year; 1-2 months after seeding?
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 10:47:23 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 10:48:48 PM EDT
[#50]
Up 3% on the day. Kind of crazy. But 1 green day usually equals 3 consecutive red days so I am prepared to get killed the rest of the week plus the Friday sell off.
Page / 1712
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top