Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 1714
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 5:27:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By rollin-tumblin:
already nervously anticipating tomorrow's open.  What's she gonna do?
View Quote

You’re not alone
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 5:31:56 PM EDT
[#2]
View Quote

StockTwits are losing their minds. I opened the MVIS page for the lols, and 28 new posts loaded before I could scroll down through a dozen old ones.

The open tomorrow should be very entertaining. I may set an alarm.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 5:34:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rollin-tumblin] [#3]
Originally Posted By Rebel556:

You’re not alone
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Rebel556:

You’re not alone

and I'm only in for 2,200 shares, so just fun money really unless it goes WAY wacko like $30+

ETA:  Not $30+ after the open LOL.  I mean $30 after buyout
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 5:35:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Osprey61:

StockTwits are losing their minds. I opened the MVIS page for the lols, and 28 new posts loaded before I could scroll down through a dozen old ones.

View All Quotes

So for an ignoramus like myself, what do you expect to happen tomorrow morning?  I made an error in the sell order I put in to sell off a small portion at $3.92, but due to my error I'm left holding a whopping 80 shares.  Ballin, I know...

What's the prognosis for this thing dropping back to a buyable point in the near future?
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 5:35:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: IceStationZebra] [#5]
Originally Posted By snakes19:
Going off the open/close I made $54,000 today. Well alright
View Quote

I made enough today to buy a used Ferrari or one case of 5.56 after taxes.  Insane.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 5:37:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Damn I should have bought those$ 2.5 calls for friday instead of may.  
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 5:40:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By IceStationZebra:

I made enough today to buy a used Ferrari or one case of 5.56 after taxes.  Insane.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 5:47:06 PM EDT
[#8]

View Quote

A case of 5.56 floor sweepings after taxes*
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 5:50:28 PM EDT
[#9]
So what exactly was the driving force behind the move or does anybody even know?
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 5:53:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By dlshady:

So for an ignoramus like myself, what do you expect to happen tomorrow morning?  I made an error in the sell order I put in to sell off a small portion at $3.92, but due to my error I'm left holding a whopping 80 shares.  Ballin, I know...

What's the prognosis for this thing dropping back to a buyable point in the near future?
View Quote

I know it's not helpful, but "buyable" is relative. Just as a for-instance, $4.50 is a screaming bargain if they get $2B (or roughly $14.00 a share). Will that happen? God only knows...

There is still NO NEWS. The last two days have been exhilarating, but MVIS could just as easily run right back to $2.50 as it could to $6.00. Never speculate with money you can't afford to lose.

I sold 8K at $4.00 today for the sole purpose of taking my ACB back down (which I did, now holding 65K shares at $0.585). I badly want to take my holding up to 80K shares, but I won't do that unless I can get them at less than $3.00. If we go into January with no news at all, that very well may happen.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 5:57:12 PM EDT
[#11]

I made enough today to buy a used Ferrari..  Insane.
View Quote

Me too!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 6:00:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Osprey61] [#12]

View Quote

Congrats ISZ! You and BM-ARM-DPMS-guns are killing me. I about choked when he posted he's holding 160K shares earlier today.

You're both bad influences
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 6:21:08 PM EDT
[#13]
We’re bad influences? Pot meet kettle. 😀
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 6:35:17 PM EDT
[#14]

I know it's not helpful, but "buyable" is relative. Just as a for-instance, $4.50 is a screaming bargain if they get $2B (or roughly $14.00 a share). Will that happen? God only knows...

There is still NO NEWS. The last two days have been exhilarating, but MVIS could just as easily run right back to $2.50 as it could to $6.00. Never speculate with money you can't afford to lose.

I sold 8K at $4.00 today for the sole purpose of taking my ACB back down (which I did, now holding 65K shares at $0.585). I badly want to take my holding up to 80K shares, but I won't do that unless I can get them at less than $3.00. If we go into January with no news at all, that very well may happen.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By dlshady:

I actually cut my post short because I had a customer come through the door and I needed to talk to him.  This is play money so what I may or may not lose is pretty much irrelevant, but the way I read your post (about tomorrow morning being "interesting") made me think that an educated person like yourself saw something that an uneducated person like myself didn't see.

Probably the hardest thing I've found since I got on this roller coaster ride is sitting here with cash in my account and not having it in anything.  FOMO I guess, so I was just trying to decide whether it's smarter to sit tight and hope for a good sized dip or damn the torpedoes and jump back in.  Hell, I might just flip a coin...  
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 6:37:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Malbec:
Let's talk about Ford.... should we be buying that as well?
View Quote

I did....6 months ago.  
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 6:39:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Admiral_Crunch] [#16]
Dayum!  I had to drive for a while and take care of some business.  I was driving a few minutes ago and thought to ask Siri how MVIS did today.  I could have gone off the road.  

Really wish I hadn't sold those shares at 3.60.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 6:44:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By tornadochaser:

I did....6 months ago.  
View All Quotes

I did....6 months ago.  

I picked up a little Ford and GE back 3 or 4 months ago and my only regret is not grabbing more than I did.  All my money was tied up in MVIS at the time...
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 6:44:42 PM EDT
[#18]
View Quote

I sold off half my F a couple weeks ago so I could double down on MVIS. (That was before the board announcement)
I've not been disappointed.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 6:47:26 PM EDT
[#19]
now American Outdoors AOUT is going nuts AH on strong earnings report.  This day is the gift that keeps on giving
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 6:48:56 PM EDT
[#20]

I did....6 months ago.  
View All Quotes

I did....6 months ago.  

I bought F during the crash of 2008 @2.00 and have just been sitting on it.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 7:02:16 PM EDT
[#21]
My APHA calls were practically dead today, so I did the ultimate HODL move: doubled-down and bought more before the close to bring my cost average down.  Now the stock is up 15% after hours on news of a merger with TLRY :)  Crazy good luck for me...  The $9 strikes were $0.04/contract and I now own 400 of them :)  Tomorrow is going to be exciting for sure.  I'll be up early in the morning.

I also sold about 20% of my MVIS shares at $4 today, and used them to buy a shit-ton of MVIS $4 Jan 15 contracts calls before the close.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 7:10:40 PM EDT
[#22]
AKA...Fuq if we know what's going on.  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 7:11:22 PM EDT
[#23]

Congrats ISZ! You and BM-ARM-DPMS-guns are killing me. I about choked when he posted he's holding 160K shares earlier today.

You're both bad influences
View Quote

I'm at 204,005 today and I'm not buying more.

I just pray I don't have to go through another earnings call holding that load.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 7:15:18 PM EDT
[#24]
Whhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 7:18:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlphaOperator] [#25]
Originally Posted By IL2windhawk:
My APHA calls were practically dead today, so I did the ultimate HODL move: doubled-down and bought more before the close to bring my cost average down.  Now the stock is up 15% after hours on news of a merger with TLRY :)  Crazy good luck for me...  The $9 strikes were $0.04/contract and I now own 400 of them :)  Tomorrow is going to be exciting for sure.  I'll be up early in the morning.

I also sold about 20% of my MVIS shares at $4 today, and used them to buy a shit-ton of MVIS $4 Jan 15 contracts calls before the close.
View Quote

Yup, APHA was doing practically nothing, sliding down slowly.  

Now up in after hours.  Cool.  
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 7:23:07 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Geiseric:
Whhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
View Quote

WEEEEEE (gonads and strife song)

Link Posted: 12/15/2020 7:31:28 PM EDT
[#27]
Am I the only one who hopes it drops down to $1 again?

I’d like to buy MOAR
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 7:32:20 PM EDT
[#28]
Don’t know shit about stocks. I know nobody has a crystal ball, but would it be worth buying some MVIS shares at their current value?
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 7:35:47 PM EDT
[#29]

I'm at 204,005 today and I'm not buying more.

I just pray I don't have to go through another earnings call holding that load.
View Quote

This is probably just a small holding in your portfolio, right? Is so, you are a wealthy fucker. If not, that is a lot of eggs in the same basket. Either way congrats on hitting the jackpot.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 7:42:58 PM EDT
[#30]
AKA...Fuq if we know what's going on.  

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/245490/benzinga_JPG-1732810.JPG
View Quote

That beats the incorrect bullshit they usually stick under MVIS. “Several Technology stocks are moving upward on news of a possible coronavirus vaccine”
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 7:48:06 PM EDT
[#31]
Well, I dont know what to say, Ive finally had a stock that went up instead of down. lol Some one smart tell me when to sell lol Compared to a lot in this thread, my 10,000 shares is a drop in the bucket. But right now Im up  18,000$ on MVIS, but to do what I want to do, it needs to get in the 30$ range. What I dont know, and Im sure I will read it here, is when is the best option to sell? Sell when we hear the sale has gone through, or just freaking hold it? What kills me, I had the same 24,000$ I was holding in my account when I found this thread and MVIS was at .20 something cents. But I didnt have the balls to buy, after all my other disaster purchases. IF I had only did it then, I would be where I need to be, but, some of us just are not meant for greatness lol. So for all you guys selling or buying at the wrong time, I know your pain all too well lol.....Now if only my RLFTF would take off like MVIS lol Its just sitting there......But Thank God for this thread if it keeps going like it is. Like I said, I think Im in for the long haul......or least hope to be. Good luck guys.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 7:53:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Layer60] [#32]
I wound up over +$66k today by close of market and it turns out I'm still only like 3rd or 4th on ARFCom. Wouldn't you fucking know it.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 7:54:05 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By jacobsk:

I'd like to buy MOAR
View Quote

I'd be perfectly fine with that, as long as I know it's coming so I can sell and buy back at $1.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 7:55:11 PM EDT
[#34]

I’d like to buy MOAR
View Quote

Not to a dollar, but I'd damn sure like to see it drop a dollar...at least at the open.

sigpowr (one of the smart FC guys) is on Reddit talking about the walk-up they do prior to a buyout to keep from appearing to pay a large multiple. Prevents them from having to explain to their shareholders why they paid $15 for a $2.00 stock. Much easier if the price has "naturally" appreciated to $11 or $12...getting the market's value for money.

I hate when shit like that makes sense. Tomorrow will be a good test...almost everyone thinks it will retrace to some point, because today was nuts, the question is does she continue to climb after the short term profit takers are mostly satisfied?
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 7:59:23 PM EDT
[#35]
I know they say gains are gains, but when I bought 7,000 at .22, then sold at 1.40, only to see it now over 4, kind of makes me want to drink haha
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 8:02:05 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Survey_Dude:
I know they say gains are gains, but when I bought 7,000 at .22, then sold at 1.40, only to see it now over 4, kind of makes me want to drink haha
View Quote

I hear ya.  I'd go back and put my life's savings into it.  
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 8:11:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Admiral_Crunch:

I hear ya.  I'd go back and put my life's savings into it.  
View Quote

Still not as bad as my wife's grandparents. They were originally from California, and were one of the ones who got the Apple spiel in their living room to invest.

They didn't get in on it because her grandpas mother guilted him saying it was a stupid idea and a complete and total waste of their money.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 8:13:32 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By HEATSEAKER:

This is probably just a small holding in your portfolio, right? Is so, you are a wealthy fucker. If not, that is a lot of eggs in the same basket. Either way congrats on hitting the jackpot.
View Quote

Funny thing is that it could have started as a 50k gamble that turned into a million dollars in less than a year.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 8:18:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BobRoberts] [#39]
Originally Posted By Hamiltbl2:

Funny thing is that it could have started as a 50k gamble that turned into a million dollars in less than a year.
View Quote

Or turned into a pile of nothing. Proper DD helps to limit your downside risk, but its a long season, you might win a game or two off grand slams, but you will strike out a lot. Getting on base ans a occasional home runs will get you much further. The OP deserves some beers.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 8:19:28 PM EDT
[#40]
Nature of speculation, guys. Don't beat yourselves up over it. Be glad OP brought some light and fun into our normally dreary 2020 lives ;-)

If you get the bug for super risky venture capitalism, you can always go nuts on the Vancouver Toronto stock exchange lol
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 8:38:30 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By ScottyS:
Nature of speculation, guys. Don't beat yourselves up over it. Be glad OP brought some light and fun into our normally dreary 2020 lives ;-)

View Quote
This.  I have a measly 168 shares, if it goes to $25 or $.025 my life isn't going to change one bit.  But this has been the best thread of 2020 for me, a break from the doom and gloom, and a chance to learn a little something along the way....
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 9:06:43 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By slabertooch:
Its small change compared to some of the gains here, but I've enjoyed making (on paper) $1,200-ish a day this week so far.
View Quote

+1

Beer money STONK is best STONK.

I’m free and clear in mine. I should’ve traded up more and not pocketed so much profit.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 10:00:37 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Southernfried:
Well, I dont know what to say, Ive finally had a stock that went up instead of down. lol Some one smart tell me when to sell lol Compared to a lot in this thread, my 10,000 shares is a drop in the bucket. But right now Im up  18,000$ on MVIS, but to do what I want to do, it needs to get in the 30$ range. What I dont know, and Im sure I will read it here, is when is the best option to sell? Sell when we hear the sale has gone through, or just freaking hold it? What kills me, I had the same 24,000$ I was holding in my account when I found this thread and MVIS was at .20 something cents. But I didnt have the balls to buy, after all my other disaster purchases. IF I had only did it then, I would be where I need to be, but, some of us just are not meant for greatness lol. So for all you guys selling or buying at the wrong time, I know your pain all too well lol.....Now if only my RLFTF would take off like MVIS lol Its just sitting there......But Thank God for this thread if it keeps going like it is. Like I said, I think Im in for the long haul......or least hope to be. Good luck guys.
View Quote

@southernfried

I don’t know man bug we’re both in pretty much the exact same boat.

~$25k into 10k shares and not sure when to pull the trigger.

I think the discord group has convinced me to sell at $200 or ride it to zero 🤣
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 10:11:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Osprey61] [#44]
That rapidly broadening awareness of MVIS is bringing attention from some people with obvious ties to the field.

This guys doesn't post much, but I pay a lot of attention when he does...

"I’ve always said that the MEMS mirrors are useless as a stand alone product. Without the custom ASIC’s needed to make them gyrate in the X and Y directions they are just another passive component. And the ASIC’s that drives the mirrors needs input from some pretty sophisticated processor chips to tell the ASIC’s exactly what gyration patterns it needs to perform in response to various sensor inputs. And let’s not forget the lasers and chips they need to do their pulsing dances.

The mirrors are only one link in the chain. I always look to see what companies could acquire ALL the Microvision IP and has the resources to manufacture and supply all the needed components to companies building products that need them

Companies that come to mind are:

STM (the plus is that they are already producing the mirrors)

Texas Instruments (they already have lots of expertise in producing micro mirrors via their DLP products and certainly have the chip design and production capacity to support large volume production). Also - the Microvision mirrors could erode theiR DLP business

Micron Technologies - they are a leading supplier of memory chips and processors that are essential to processing of the massive data streams of sensor inputs that drive the MVIS mirrors to produce hi res images Micron now supplies the HPU processor used by MSFT in the Hololens 2 that is one of the key components needed to make Microvision’s mirrors perform their magic. Micron has the design and production capacity to supply all the chips needed except for the actual mirrors. They also are a leading supplier of chips to the automotive market

Samsung - they are the world’s powerhouse supplier of display technologies and also one (if not the biggest ?) chip manufacturer in the world. With the huge design and production infrastructure they have that runs from chips to appliances having control of all of Microvision’s IP would not be a bad idea. Also - IMO - the MicroVision mirror display technologies does offer a serious threat to their flat screen products

I could go on - but I think that what companies who design products using Microvision’s mirrors really want is to find one supplier who can provide them with a turnkey engine or kit of all the components that easily can fit into the automated assembly of their finished products. They do not want the headaches and logistics of qualifying and sourcing all the individual components from separate companies

It’s like why would I source the castings, pistons, valves, injectors, pumps, wiring harnesses, sensors, ECU’s, crank and camshafts to build a new Diesel engine for my new 200 passenger luxury bus when I can buy a finished drop in place state of the art engine from Cummins ???

Link Posted: 12/15/2020 10:35:43 PM EDT
[#45]
Another fascinating bit I just got from an automotive SME...

Self-driving feature aside, if a LIDAR equipped vehicle "sees" the collision coming, it activates the safety measures (airbag, door locks, swerve (assuming some degree of collision avoidance), brakes(?)) before the traditional sensors in a modern car, which rely on the actual impact.

A few tenths of a second seem inconsequential, but it's a huge in safety terms. Huh. This is where the NTSB gets involved and starts mandating equipment upgrades on new cars. Not a fan myself, but my wallet may approve.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 10:39:11 PM EDT
[#46]
So let’s just assume a MSFT buyout with a 1:1 ratio MSFT:MVIS
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 10:47:43 PM EDT
[#47]

@southernfried

I don’t know man bug we’re both in pretty much the exact same boat.

~$25k into 10k shares and not sure when to pull the trigger.

I think the discord group has convinced me to sell at $200 or ride it to zero 🤣
View Quote

LOL I think that is what Im going to do as well. I just dont have the knack, patience, fortitude, any sense at all, on playing the market. I have learned that much in my $70,000  nose dive since 2016 lol I think the safest thing for me to do, is let it get so high that I cant screw it up, sell, then roll it into my 401k at work. Luckily I can do that since DuPont sold me and the buisness I work at,  and Ive been playing with my 401K from them at ML. Now the 401K at work, I have in 3 different S&P 500 mutal funds, and since March of this year Im up 36% on the 3 funds I am in and not touching that ever. I read where Warren said one time, if you dont do this for a living or know what your doing, year after year, invest in the S&P 500 and you will come out ahead. So far in my situation he is 100% accurate lol. Id just love for MVIS to get where I need it by the time Im 55. At 55, if I lose my job, I can access my 401k without penalty. When I was with DuPont we could retire at 58 with a full pension,  but when I was 48, they took that away, and then they sold me 2 years later. So pension is now out the window. All I have is my two 401K's......or work till I die. lol Like I said, I just wished I had the balls to do this 6 months ago. Good luck to ya brother, and everyone else.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 11:06:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ChicagoFoodie] [#48]
Currently re-watching Jack Ryan on Prime, and in season 2 one of the characters (Greer) mentions LIDAR.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 11:09:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cms81586] [#49]
Originally Posted By evo7011:
Currently re-watching Jack Ryan on Prime, and in season 2 one of the characters (Greer) mentions LIDAR.
View Quote

Lidar isn’t new. Police have been using it for years.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 11:11:05 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By cms81586:

Lidar isn’t new. Police have been using it for years.
View Quote

Tell that to $LAZR
Page / 1714
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top