Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 1712
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 9:49:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Good morning! Market pops its head out, sees its shadow and expects 2 more years of winter.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 10:50:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Something something Coffee.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 11:14:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Bought my AMD calls back again. I was up about 70% on them. Lock and load for the next run up.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 11:53:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Quanergy delisting from NYSE

Damn that's three lidar companies now that are in serious trouble. Quanergy, ouster and velodyne. All three trading under $1.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 12:32:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Vengeance6661:
Quanergy delisting from NYSE

Damn that's three lidar companies now that are in serious trouble. Quanergy, ouster and velodyne. All three trading under $1.
View Quote

That one was up Bigly a few weeks ago.

Lots of EV earnings today also, $GOEV and others
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 1:40:28 PM EDT
[#6]

Link Posted: 11/9/2022 1:42:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By evo7011:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 1:48:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Mah BBIG
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 2:03:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By m6z:
Mah BBIG
View Quote

Mah SENS
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 2:14:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By evo7011:

View Quote

That feels bad
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 2:28:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bradpierson26] [#11]
Dude
We are getting hammmmmered
SENS could end up under a dollar
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 2:52:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By bradpierson26:
Dude
We are getting hammmmmered
SENS could end up under a dollar
View Quote

Ugly 10yr treasury auction today, actually surprised things aren't down more than they are.  Also FTX/Crypto confidence shakeup isn't doing anyone any favors.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 3:55:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bradpierson26] [#13]
Fuck me right in the wallet
Another 1k SENS at 1.04 hit
More MVIS at 3.12
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 3:57:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: EagleArmsHBAR] [#14]
Fucking fuck fuck fuck.  I am getting so worn down in this market. Today is shaping up to be an all time low in my portfolio.    
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 4:06:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Muh SENS options.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 4:27:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Original Statement Of Objectives said no helmet mount, we want straps. Straps turn out not to work for 3+ hours wear running around in the woods. Army now says lighter, and helmet mounted.

Obviously it's going to drive a redesign, but I'm not sure how it plays out when they say, "this is what we want", you gear up and give it to them and they decide it's not what they want.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 4:35:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Sold MVIS Jan 24 $8 puts for $520/contract
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 4:59:30 PM EDT
[#18]
If BTC can find a new 52wk low, does that mean QQQ gets to break its 52wk low this week too?
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 5:04:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By PepePewPew:
If BTC can find a new 52wk low, does that mean QQQ gets to break its 52wk low this week too?
View Quote

Brutal!
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 5:28:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Usernames] [#20]
Dpls down to .011 today briefly.

Bought 25k shares more. Just to average down. Gonna hold on longish term, but not feeling great.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 5:39:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Osprey61:
Original Statement Of Objectives said no helmet mount, we want straps. Straps turn out not to work for 3+ hours wear running around in the woods. Army now says lighter, and helmet mounted.

Obviously it's going to drive a redesign, but I'm not sure how it plays out when they say, "this is what we want", you gear up and give it to them and they decide it's not what they want.
View Quote

Maybe they'll just realize, as much as they want it to work, humans aren't really meant to walk around with a screen mounted to their face...
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 6:05:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By MrZeat:

Maybe they'll just realize, as much as they want it to work, humans aren't really meant to walk around with a screen mounted to their face...
View Quote

HUD inside NODs is pretty sweet.  They are just trying to cram too much shit into it.  

And they say it is making people sick. I'm guessing they are overlaying stuff and it looks flat in one eye causing vertigo.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 6:19:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Usernames:

Bought 25k shares more. Just to average down. Gonna hold on longish term, but not feeling great.
View Quote

Thank god I’m not the only retard lol
Thought about buying another 20k shares
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 6:40:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Is buying  more SENS averaging down or throwing good money after bad?
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 6:42:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By steviesterno16:
View Quote

Yes.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 6:51:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By BM-ARM-DPMS-guns:

Yes.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BM-ARM-DPMS-guns:

Yes.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 7:01:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KaiK] [#27]
View Quote

Their product seems great. Getting all sorts of exposure now. Backed by insurance. Can't seem to make money.

Who knows.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 7:19:06 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By KaiK:

Their product seems great. Getting all sorts of exposure now. Backed by insurance. Can't seen to make money.

Who knows.
View Quote

This
Seems legit but it’s clown market
I’m averaging down
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 7:51:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: m6z] [#29]
Thinking about rolling BBIG losses into more MVIS & SENS.  Perhaps just spend the cash on gun stuff,. I'm tiring of losing money.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 7:57:20 PM EDT
[#30]
Guess that explains the 0 deliveries msft reported
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 7:59:39 PM EDT
[#31]
JFC, what a mess today.  No solice to be had. Down 5.06%  AMD et al got crushed.  Even my watch list is all red.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 8:18:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KaiK] [#32]
Originally Posted By m6z:
Thinking about rolling BBIG losses into more MVIS & SENS.  Perhaps just spend the cash on gun stuff,. I'm tiring of losing money.
View Quote

I may have some bad news for you.  Doesn't look like the markets are going to be going up again for awhile. Fed is still dooming ahead.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 11:38:15 PM EDT
[#33]
Ally account up to 2.75%

Link Posted: 11/10/2022 12:37:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Vengeance6661] [#34]
I'm noodling around with covered calls. Do I have this correct I will make $10.45 just by placing this covered call order. If the price gets to $4 on or before 12/2 then Id be obligated to sell the 100 shares for how much each? If it doesn't reach that price by then it expires and I retain my shares.

Link Posted: 11/10/2022 12:49:00 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Vengeance6661:
I'm noodling around with covered calls. Do I have this correct I will make $10.45 just by placing this covered call order. If the price gets to $4 on or before 12/2 then I would need to sell the 100 shares for $0.11 each? If it doesn't reach that price by then it expires and I retain my shares.

https://i.ibb.co/yNVqn36/Go.jpg
View Quote

If it hits 4 bucks,  you sell 100 shares at 4 bucks each and you keep the 10.45 premium.  If it stays below,  you keep the 10.45 and the shares.

Unless for some reason,  the buyer of the contract exercises early.  That's usually not an issue.

The buyer of the contract can exercise at any time they choose. But if held to expiration it will normally exercise automatically if profitable.
Link Posted: 11/10/2022 1:16:07 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Usernames:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/10/2022 1:22:38 AM EDT
[#37]
We're so far beyond buy the dip im out of money memes...

This shit is going to be painful. Go potato
Link Posted: 11/10/2022 3:23:34 AM EDT
[#38]

View Quote

Yeah, you would think there would be a contract or something that everybody looked at, agreed to and signed that would spell out what was wanted.

I mean really, the contract says we want this and will pay this for it.
You deliver said product that meets the requirements, then suddenly they say, nah, we don't want that.
Well thats too bad, pay me the money.
There has to be some clause in the contract for that? Or is the clause that the .mil can say screw you we are not gonna pay unless you change it to what we want now, and you get no more money?
Link Posted: 11/10/2022 7:17:37 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By blupupher:

Yeah, you would think there would be a contract or something that everybody looked at, agreed to and signed that would spell out what was wanted.

You deliver said product that meets the requirements, then suddenly they say, nah, we don't want that.
There has to be some clause in the contract for that? Or is the clause that the .mil can say screw you we are not gonna pay unless you change it to what we want now, and you get no more money?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By blupupher:

Welcome to the wonderful world of Govt. contracting.

The IVAS contract is an IDIQ (Indefinite Delivery Indefinite Quantity) vehicle. $21.9 Billion over 10 years is the cap, the .mil didn't hand it over up front.
Of course all the work "adjusting" the product is at "Cost Plus". Cost Plus is like fucking crack to the 10th power for Govt. contracting agents (aka Beltway Bandits).
The only thing better than Cost Plus is dark money from one of more of the intel agencies. I lived on dark money for about 5 years, it was glorious!

So MSFT needs to agree to go back and do a year of Cost Plus work on IVAS or renegotiate the $21.9b.
.mil is simply squeezing them for more updates and holding the (money) bag over their heads.

MSFT has 2 options:

1. Capitulate, take money off the back end of $21.9b for rework

2. Cancel the contract and re-bid it

I think MSFT will renegotiate to within an inch of profit and eat a billion or so off the back end.
At least that is what I would do. MSFT is a mindless evil corporation so flip a coin.
Link Posted: 11/10/2022 9:57:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CajunMojo] [#40]
Link Posted: 11/10/2022 10:35:26 AM EDT
[#41]
Wtf.
Link Posted: 11/10/2022 10:36:01 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Silverbulletz06:
Wtf.
View Quote

Fake inflation numbers.
Link Posted: 11/10/2022 11:07:36 AM EDT
[#43]
Market responding to R ran house? I'll take it!!
Link Posted: 11/10/2022 11:18:39 AM EDT
[#44]
S&P up 150 points. Didn't see that happening today.  
Link Posted: 11/10/2022 11:22:23 AM EDT
[#45]
TGTX is up bigly this morning, 50%. PDUFA date approaching, per the EC, nothing standing in the way of approval.
Link Posted: 11/10/2022 11:40:27 AM EDT
[#46]
AMD is on a run. Calls sold!!!
Link Posted: 11/10/2022 11:40:40 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By KaiK:
S&P up 150 points. Didn't see that happening today.  
View Quote

I thought it might.

Link Posted: 11/10/2022 11:42:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bradpierson26] [#48]
Originally Posted By jpcdmd:
TGTX is up bigly this morning, 50%. PDUFA date approaching, per the EC, nothing standing in the way of approval.
View Quote

I hope you make a million by Christmas
*as long as you post here so I can sell too
Link Posted: 11/10/2022 12:28:13 PM EDT
[#49]
Look at our guy, shining like a damn star. Have some big OEMs in attendance and Sumit has 20 mins to sell them all.

https://veranstaltungen.handelsblatt.com/autogipfel/autogipfel-2022/programm-2022/

Link Posted: 11/10/2022 1:22:28 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Total53:

Welcome to the wonderful world of Govt. contracting.

The IVAS contract is an IDIQ (Indefinite Delivery Indefinite Quantity) vehicle. $21.9 Billion over 10 years is the cap, the .mil didn't hand it over up front.
Of course all the work "adjusting" the product is at "Cost Plus". Cost Plus is like fucking crack to the 10th power for Govt. contracting agents (aka Beltway Bandits).
The only thing better than Cost Plus is dark money from one of more of the intel agencies. I lived on dark money for about 5 years, it was glorious!

So MSFT needs to agree to go back and do a year of Cost Plus work on IVAS or renegotiate the $21.9b.
.mil is simply squeezing them for more updates and holding the (money) bag over their heads.

MSFT has 2 options:

1. Capitulate, take money off the back end of $21.9b for rework

2. Cancel the contract and re-bid it

I think MSFT will renegotiate to within an inch of profit and eat a billion or so off the back end.
At least that is what I would do. MSFT is a mindless evil corporation so flip a coin.
View Quote

Huh, good stuff, thank you.

Honestly, I had some serious misgivings about strapping IVAS on ground pounders to begin with. The rationale was reducing the casualty rate and increasing combat efficiency, but putting a highly sophisticated visor on the roughest folks in the mil right out the gate was just very counter-intuitive to me. Pilots? Scope dopes? ATC? TACP? Fire control officers? Mechanics working complex systems? Absolutely, they're almost tailor-made for those applications.

Now that I've read your post I feel a little better about what's coming. I don't think there's any way they call this a failed experiment and walk away, it's just going to morph, at huge cost to someone. And profit to someone else...
Page / 1712
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top